• 15 Pages +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Prey 2 to be out in 2012

User is offline   LkMax 

View PostCathy, on 16 March 2013 - 01:14 PM, said:

Or, dare I say it, "When it's done".

This words are plagued by the shadowed past of a brave warrior who now rests in mediocrity and does gangsta poses for a living.
Don't you dare to say them. =P

User is offline   Mr. Tibbs 

Someone found the Prey 2 achievements while digging through Steam. (http://devinwatson.c...hema/72790.html)

Spoilers follow:

ICE DIGS
Make it to the safe house

BACK ON THE STREET
Finish your first mission

BELLY OF THE BEAST
Belly of the beast

A PERSONAL PROJECT
A personal project

MADE MAN
Made man

STRAIGHT DOWN
Straight down

RENT A COP
Rent-a-cop

REACTIONARY
Reactionary

A MAN WITH A GUN
Finished on normal or hard

TOTAL HARD CASE
Play through the entire game on the hardest difficulty

STRAIGHT AND NARROW
Reach the first tier of positive reputation

GUY’S A SAINT
Reach the third and final tier of positive reputation

HEADING DOWN BAD PATH
Reach the first tier of negative reputation

THE DEVIL’S RIGHT HAND
Reach the third and final tier of negative reputation

THAT’S HOW IT IS DONE
Complete each skill challenge

JOB WELL DONE
Complete all objectives of an open world event

HIS NUMBER ONE GUY
Complete all of the missions offered by krux

NO STONE UNTURNED
Complete all missions

TOP GUN
Reach level 30

WASTE OF A GOOD BULLET
Why waste a perfectly good bullet?
Got through a mission without using your guns

GREASING THE WHEEL
Greasing the wheel

WON’T USE HIM AGAIN
Won’t use him again

BLINDING THE BEAST
Blinding the beast

KILL THE BODY HEAD WILL DIE
Kill the body and the head will die
Sabotage all regime equipment

BETTER HIM THAN ME
Use an alien as a body shield

NOBODY LIKES A SHOWOFF
No one likes a show-off
Kill 3 hostiles three different ways in 6 seconds

WHO? WHAT? WHERE?
Who? What? Where?
Kill 3 hostiles without leaving chameleon ii

SHOOTING GALLERY
Kill 3 hostiles with head shots in 8 seconds

THE QUICK AND THE DEAD
Kill 4 hostiles without running out of adrenaline

WHIP IT GOOD
Kill 25 enemies with the laser whip

THE CLEANSING FIRE
Kill 25 enemies with the flame thrower

THE HANGMAN
Kill 25 hostiles while hanging from a ledge

SCOOT AND SHOOT
Kill 25 hostiles while sliding

INVISIBLE KILLER
Kill 30 hostiles while cloaked with chameleon

THE SHOCKER
Kill 30 hostiles while they are in a state of surprise

SPEED FREAK
Kill 50 hostiles while under the affects of adrenaline

THE GLASS SHIELD
Kill 50 cops in 10 minutes

KILLER OF GAINTS
Killer of giants

RAINBOW CONNECTION
Perform a head shot on a mimeren with each of the four head colors

SIGNED, SEALED, DELIVERED
Capture 25 bounties

DEAD OR ALIVE
Dead or alive, right?
Kill 25 bounties

HORSE SHOES AND HAND GRENADES
Horseshoes and hand grenades

OUTRUN THIS!
Bola an enemy from 100 meters away

TOP OF THE LINE
Buy all of the upgrades for a single gadget

ONLY HALF OF THE STORY
Listened to 50% of audio logs

THE WHOLE TRUTH
Collect all audio logs

A BUNCH OF TWIGS AND SPIT
Collect 50% of all rat’s nests

A BIG BUNCH OF TWIGS AND SPIT
Collect all rat’s nests

PING DISABLED
Collect all tracers

KILLANAIRE
Earn a total of one million credits

http://www.dsogaming...oming-to-steam/

That laser whip sounds pretty cool! Three types of collectables, a six stage reputation system, a stealth gadget called chameleon, there's a level system and audio logs. It would've been out for a year by now.

User is offline   lazarus 

People seem to enjoy buggy games from Bethesda. Was Prey 2 really delayed because it was so bad, buggy, and poor quality that it went below even Bethesda's standards? I find that very hard to believe.

http://gamasutra.com...quot_Worlds.php

User is offline   Loke 

Posted Image

This is slightly disturbing.

User is offline   Kathy 

You can't seriously compare Prey 2 and open world games like Elder Scrolls in terms of possible bags and glitches.

Well... a whole year has now officially passed since Bethesda said anything about Prey 2. This is very depressing... I can't believe they announced a brand new game on this exact date, too!

View Postlazarus, on 19 April 2013 - 07:37 PM, said:

Well... a whole year has now officially passed since Bethesda said anything about Prey 2. This is very depressing... I can't believe they announced a brand new game on this exact date, too!

It's pretty obnoxious of them. It's been six months since they've said anything regarding the game and 20 months since fans saw anything new. I want to try out that laser whip!

Sorry for the double post.

Ian Miles Cheong just tweeted "the SLI profile for Prey 2 just got added with the latest nVidia drivers, so yeah, it's still a thing."

Let's wait and see!

https://twitter.com/...107386616934400

Sorry for the triple post!

http://kotaku.com/we...ng-on-510646344

Sad to say but it looks like Bethesda's scrapped Human Head's work after shopping the game around to Obsidian and Rebellion. They're rebooting the game from scratch - new direction and everything with Arkane Austin aiming for a 2016 release. We might need to change the thread's title.

"The long and strange saga of Prey 2 may have a new twist: we hear that the sci-fi shooter will be rebooted by Arkane Austin, the development studio that made Dishonored.

What's more, we hear that at least some of the folks at Arkane don't want to make the game, which publisher Bethesda has been shopping around for quite some time now following a split with previous Prey 2 developer Human Head Studios in late 2011.

We first heard this news earlier this week from a tipster claiming to be connected to the project. We reached out to Bethesda, but they wouldn't comment. So over the past week I've been chatting with both the original tipster and other developer contacts in an attempt to confirm that Arkane is now doing Prey 2.

No luck. I couldn't get confirmation. So we held off.

But today, the Prey 2 fan site Alien Noire is reporting the same thing we've heard: that Arkane's Austin-based studio is now working on the game. What's more, they're reporting details that weren't sent to us by the original tipster, like the fact that the developers at the California-based Obsidian (South Park: The Stick of Truth) were working on Prey 2 at one point, and that the England-based studio Rebellion (Rogue Warrior) turned down the opportunity to make the troubled sci-fi shooter. Both Obsidian and Rebellion have worked with Bethesda in the past.

I'd already heard whispers about the connections to both Obsidian and Rebellion before, which lends some legitimacy to Alien Noire's rumor. I haven't been able to corroborate the Rebellion connection, but I've confirmed that Obsidian did indeed work on the game at some point.

It's hard to say what Prey 2 would be now, because what we've already seen of an earlier Human Head vision for Prey 2 is so different than the first Prey. The original game centered around a spaceship called the Sphere. The planned sequel appeared to be a sci-fi bounty hunter game set on an alien planet called Exodus, with more of an open-world feel.

But it's been a troubled journey for Prey 2, whose fate has been in question since it dropped off the face of the planet after a stunning debut at E3 2011. Rumors had been swirling that the game was cancelled, delayed, or in limbo.

What I've heard from one person connected to the project is that Bethesda hadn't been in contact with Human Head about Prey 2's fate until recently, when they told the team it would be cancelled. According to that person, Human Head spent over a year with no clue what was happening. Meanwhile, the company worked on other projects, helping out on some aspects of the recently-released shooter BioShock Infinite, among other games.

According to a different source familiar with the project, Prey 2 was in development at Obsidian, the company behind games like Fallout: New Vegas and Alpha Protocol, for at least a few months.

And according to our original tipster—who I've confirmed is indeed in a position to have this information—Bethesda had been trying for a few months now to convince Arkane to work on the game. Last week, the tipster says, Bethesda finally forced their hand: Arkane would develop Prey 2, scrapping all the work that Human Head has done and starting from scratch, with a targeted release date of late 2016.

ome people at Arkane Austin are upset about this decision, our tipster said, but higher-ups at the company are telling the team to forget that it's called Prey 2 and just treat it like a new System Shock—the first-person PC series that inspired games like Bioshock and Arkane's last project, Dishonored.

(Arkane has two studios: one in Austin and one in Lyon. According to our tipster, each of those studios is working on a different game. Harvey Smith, the well-known designer who co-helmed Dishonored with Raphael Colantonio, recently moved to Lyon. We haven't heard anything about what they're developing, but Bethesda has said they hope to turn Dishonored into a franchise.)

One might wonder why Bethesda has spent so much time and energy trying to put together Prey 2, a game that doesn't have all that much brand power. One possible explanation: because not doing so would be an embarrassment and a poor return on investment. In 2009, the company made the effort to get the rights to the series after 2K published the original, forever-in-development Prey. At some point, they might like to have a game to show for it.

Please bear in mind that we have not been able to confirm this, and although we believe it to be true based on multiple conversations we've had, we don't know it for a fact. We want to share everything we've heard rather than keep it to ourselves.

Also keep in mind that if this is true, Arkane Austin is now in pre-production on a game that may not be out for quite a few years. Anything can happen between now and then, and many aspects of Prey 2 could change completely, if the final product turns out to be called Prey 2 at all."

User is offline   Komenja 

3 more years? Fuckballs, man. And it'll probably be completely different since these Arkane Austin guys don't like it. Or since it was restarted from scratch.

User is offline   Richard Shead 

• "Dick Nasty"

It just wouldn't be a proper Prey game without at least one good scrap-everything-and-begin-fresh-with-a-new-developer. :lol:

I was eight(or possibly even seven) years old when work on the first Prey game commenced. Its sequel is currently scheduled to release when I am a couple months shy of 30. :lol:

Pretty damn scary, especially considering that there was barely any hiatus between the production of the two titles.

User is offline   MusicallyInspired 

• The Sarien Encounter

Screw that.

Very cool to see the games lead writer stand up for Human Head Studios and the game over Twitter. Jason L. Blair is the man!

"This Prey 2/Arkane rumor is giving new life to a lot of old lies. I'm been quiet about this whole business but can't stay so anymore. I've worked at/with @humanheadgames for years, including different stages of Prey 2 development. I was narrative designer/writer on Prey 2 for the last six months of its development at Human Head. It was a lot more than a demo. Prey 2 was a full game. And a crazy fun one. The team was small but you wouldn't have known it. What happened to Prey 2, from where I sat, was political. And petty. And potentially litigable. Human Head had a great game. I was heartbroken when Prey 2 went into limbo. Human Head deserved to have that game released. Frankly, they needed it.

As for Arkane, I've enjoyed what I played of Dishonored. They have the chops. If the rumor is true, they'll likely do well with Prey. But I mourn that Prey 2 won't belong to Human Head. I mourn that my friends won't get recognition for what they accomplished. Instead, they get the same old "Prey 2 was never a game" and "It was just a demo" thrown around. Shameful. And completely untrue."

https://twitter.com/jasonlblair

User is offline   Malgon 

This is almost sounding as troubled as the first game's history was. I wonder how similar/different the final game will turn out to be if it is true that Arkane are working on it. We can only wait and see it seems.

This post has been edited by Malgon: 31 May 2013 - 07:44 PM

http://www.aliennoir...ied-human-head/

"On the tail of Jason’s Blair’s accusations come this article over at IGN:
http://www.ign.com/a...an-heads-prey-2 We’ve already covered some of these details from other sources and rumors. You have to wonder how many times the same information needs to come up before it becomes the unofficial facts.

Bethesda promised Human Head a 6-month extension to polish Prey 2. Bethesda later retracted the new 6-month schedule before it was written into the contract. Bethesda then began denying Milestone payments to Human Head. Bethesda was more interested in how Human Head ran their team and studio. The original contract forbid Human Head to start their own project until Prey 2 was finished. Additional time was asked to finish Prey 2 after Milestone rejection delayed the schedule. Bethesda thought the game was “lackluster” and “needed a lot of work” Bethesda attempted to purchase Human Head Studios during this dispute. Prey 2 production halted in November of 2011 until Bethesda could come to their senses. Human Head offered multiple solutions to finish the project with Bethesda. Bethesda chose not to speak with Human Head in over a year. The rights to develop Prey 2 have now reverted back to Bethesda."

User is offline   MusicallyInspired 

• The Sarien Encounter

Doesn't surprise me. This stuff happens behind the scenes everywhere. It's all just business. Planned and executed with empty promises and loopholes. This is why I don't like getting excited about AAA titles anymore, this stuff happens too often to titles I've looked forward to in the past.

Bethesda promised good things... we know how that turned out now.
Human Head won't die no matter how hard they try to choke the life out of them.
Posted Image

User is offline   Kathy 

Is that from Walking Dead?

View PostCathy, on 09 June 2013 - 10:05 AM, said:

Is that from Walking Dead?

Yeah... the latest season involved lots of two-faced conversations and promises.

User is offline   Kathy 

I've only played the first season. :lol:

I won't be buying another Bethesda game again. Some neat games are not worth supporting their appalling behaviour. They pursued Human Head aggressively because they're one of the only studios that have ID-Tech experience that could be bought. When Bethesda didn't get their way they threw a tantrum and wanted to see Human Head fold. I can see why they're desperate. Bethesda Softworks have only produced two original hits, The Elder Scrolls series back in the mid-nineties, and Dishonored last year. The rest of their properties are acquisitions or bombs so you can see why they want to take full credit for Prey 2's success. They reportedly paid a ton for the Prey licence and it's on track to be nearly eight years before they make a penny off it so they must be doing something right.

The third season of Walking Dead (which was a massive improvement over the previous two) is a great parallel. Lots of duplicitous jerks. I wonder if Bethesda consulted with AMC?

Posted Image

Someone just posted this on the official Prey 2 Facebook page. Awesome!

This post has been edited by Mr. Tibbs: 09 June 2013 - 05:21 PM

User is offline   DavoX 

• Honored Donor

Hmmm things are getting interesting...

User is offline   Ronin 

That's a really cool graphic, could make excellent box art, maybe with Prey 2 embossed on the barrel of the gun.

Reminds me of Bladerunner gun, I like it.

This post has been edited by Ronan: 10 June 2013 - 09:21 AM

User is offline   Outtagum 

I think the thread title needs to be changed. How about "Pray for Prey 2" ? :lol:

User is offline   Komenja 

Pray for Prey 2

And let us join hands, brothers and sisters, and look to the holy citadel of the Programmers, and with faith believe, and hope, that they will not fuck it up.

User is offline   Kathy 

DEVELOPERS DEVELOPERS DEVELOPERS

User is offline   Malgon 

DEVELOPERS DEVELOPERS DEVELOPERS

I couldn't help myself. :lol:

User is offline   Malgon 

Sorry to double post but I thought this would be of interest.

Bethesda: Prey 2 “Simply Not Good Enough"

I will just point to this: http://www.vg247.com...-head-employee/

I always always take the word of a development studio or indvidual developer over the word of a publisher. Given the stories going around and what we know about the industry, I take it as obvious that this is about rejecting milestones on arbitrary grounds, NOT the overall quality of the game.

Publishers lay out a milestone schedule in their contracts and use vague language to reject milestones so they don't have to pay the development studios any money and then use that to pressures studios to sell for pennies.

View PostKristian Joensen, on 20 June 2013 - 04:56 AM, said:

I always always take the word of a development studio or indvidual developer over the word of a publisher. Given the stories going around and what we know about the industry, I take it as obvious that this is about rejecting milestones on arbitrary grounds, NOT the overall quality of the game.

Publishers lay out a milestone schedule in their contracts and use vague language to reject milestones so they don't have to pay the development studios any money and then use that to pressures studios to sell for pennies.

My thoughts exactly, Kristian. Pete Hines is well known for playing fast and loose with the truth. Bethesda never had a problem putting out unfinished or less than stellar games. I mean, can you find a single negative preview on the game? It looked great, and had Bethesda focused on supporting Human Head instead of trying to expand their developer portfolio I'm sure the game would've been fantastic.

Share this topic:

• 15 Pages +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options