Posted Image

User is offline   Stripper 

I can haz dukeburger? :P

User is offline   NightFright 

• The Truth is in here

Github updated.

• The Truth is in here

Can someone take a look at mxrtxn's radio voxel for Caribbean (#3792)? It looks like it's floating above ground. Must be missing proper alignment. You can see it right away in the first Caribbean level at the beach.

This post has been edited by NightFright: 30 April 2021 - 10:38 AM

User is offline   Dzierzan 

Looks like all vaca props have this issue.

• The Truth is in here

Well, they were all made by the same person, so the mistake was probably consistent. It's also harder to check these since we still don't have any autoload function for addons like BuildGDX or Raze. But it seems at least the pickups work fine, only props are screwed (and there aren't many). But then again, I didn't check anything past the first area of the first level, so there could be more.

This post has been edited by NightFright: 30 April 2021 - 11:16 AM

User is offline   jkas789 

Hmm, think I reported that a while ago. There are more floating voxels like the lunchbox thing at the start.

I think I documented all the misaligned voxels in Carribean however I don't remember were I placed the screenshots at this moment. I may play the whole addon next week if it is needed (as I'm going out this weekend).

• The Truth is in here

Would be good to have a comprehensive list with "floaters". Should be fixed before the next release candidate, if possible.

User is offline   Striker 

• Auramancer

Floating objects aren't a fault of the voxels, but due to how the physics for CON actors work. When an object is on the floor, they're lifted slightly above it. You'll notice that sprites do the same thing. It's annoying, but hard to fix without source modification, potentially introducing new bugs, or changing the voxel offsets, which will potentially sink it into the floor in certain cases.

This post has been edited by Striker: 01 May 2021 - 12:15 PM

User is online   Danukem 

• Duke Plus Developer

View PostStriker, on 01 May 2021 - 12:13 PM, said:

When an object is on the floor, they're lifted slightly above it. You'll notice that sprites do the same thing.

Do the sprites float as high as those Caribbean voxels in the screenshots, though?

• The Truth is in here

Yeah, they are high above the ground. I doubt it's only some ingame thing.

User is online   Danukem 

• Duke Plus Developer

View PostNightFright, on 01 May 2021 - 02:09 PM, said:

Yeah, they are high above the ground. I doubt it's only some ingame thing.

Are those voxels floating that high if you load the map in mapster? Should be pretty easy to load the map with and without voxels and see if there is a difference. A lot of decorative objects are not affected by gravity -- they will only fall if they are hardcoded or script coded to do so, and for Caribbean I think those are just non-coded sprites for the most part.

User is offline   Phredreeke 

My assumption is that these were made for an older version BuildGDX where voxels had the tile's X/Y offsets applied to them (this behaviour was later changed to make it consistent with EDuke32)

Alright slackers, I did a very brief investigation. It has nothing to do with GDX as I exported voxels back to vox format and again exported them as slab6 format to make sure it's all fine. And it didn't help. So I adjusted offsets. It worked and it seems to be working everywhere, but I was too lazy to test all maps (I tested 3). Pull request is ready.

Ohh and I updated a bit shading for "coolbox" and "radio" because why not (it was a bit off for my taste).

This post has been edited by Dzierzan: 02 May 2021 - 04:38 PM

• The Truth is in here

Github updated. I will do a Vacation playthrough one of these days with those voxels to see if everything looks OK now.

• The Truth is in here

Added Raze support. Due to the autoload folder feature, this one (like BuildGDX) allows loading Caribbean voxels automatically without the need to edit any defs.

This post has been edited by NightFright: 04 May 2021 - 12:22 AM

@NightFright
What about my N64 voxels? Do you want them? Currently only I have them on my drive and it would be a waste to not have them on github as well, even if not used.

• The Truth is in here

Well, Rednukem has Duke64 support, so people using that will want it. I think it has def support, even though it's vanilla-oriented.

We still need to work on the Vacation voxels. Right now we have inconsistencies, e.g. when dropping a pineapple bomb, it turns into a pipebomb. Same with tripbombs, I think.

This post has been edited by NightFright: 07 May 2021 - 10:41 AM

View PostNightFright, on 07 May 2021 - 10:12 AM, said:

Well, Rednukem has Duke64 support, so people using that will want it.

YES WE DO.

View PostNightFright, on 03 May 2021 - 12:52 AM, said:

Github updated. I will do a Vacation playthrough one of these days with those voxels to see if everything looks OK now.

So I got some good news and some bad news. Good news is that the voxels look great as always. Bad news is that the lunchbox and the radio are still floating. Tested on both clean installs on eduke32 and raze.

EDuke32:

Attached Image: duke0023.png

Attached Image: duke0024.png

Raze:

Attached Image: Duke_0004.png

Attached Image: Duke_0010.png

I'm gonna try and play this week through Carribean to try and document every instance of UFVs (Unidentified Flying voxels).

Cheers

• The Truth is in here

Yeah, I realized it a few days ago, but forgot to mention it. Looks like it's not that easy.

As long as you don't touch CON files any mod that works for EDuke32 should work in Rednukem AFAIK.

That said, when asked about voxels NukeYKT said that the Duke64 renderer doesn't support them.

OK, something's here fucked up. I tested the latest Raze 1.10 and master of voxel pack. I have floating voxels as well. But when I try my zip of voxels with the changes I made, it works fine, even with the latest version of Raze or eduke32.

User is offline   Jimmy 

• Let's go Brandon!

View PostPhredreeke, on 11 May 2021 - 06:23 AM, said:

As long as you don't touch CON files any mod that works for EDuke32 should work in Rednukem AFAIK.

That said, when asked about voxels NukeYKT said that the Duke64 renderer doesn't support them.

It's still not a wasted effort even if the official Duke64 port doesn't support them right now. Maybe it will in the future or mods will use them, etc.

User is offline   mxrtxn 

View PostDzierzan, on 11 May 2021 - 09:21 AM, said:

OK, something's here fucked up. I tested the latest Raze 1.10 and master of voxel pack. I have floating voxels as well. But when I try my zip of voxels with the changes I made, it works fine, even with the latest version of Raze or eduke32.

When I made the voxels I remembered fixing the pivots with Slab6. I knew something odd was going on when some guys reported floating voxels.

To be honest, all about map making is beyond my skills. Thanks anyway for helping Dzierzan. :)

User is offline   mxrtxn 

View PostNightFright, on 03 May 2021 - 12:52 AM, said:

Hi there, can you please send me that github link, so I can share it too in my downoad links.

P.S. About the floating voxels I recall fixing the pivots in SLAB6, so I don´t know what the problem could be, maybe the map?

Isn't it in NightFright's signature?

User is offline   mxrtxn 

View PostPhredreeke, on 15 May 2021 - 08:28 AM, said:

Isn't it in NightFright's signature?

LOL, No wonder I am using glasses! XD

I didn´t spot it at first glance, thanks for letting me know :)

This post has been edited by mxrtxn: 15 May 2021 - 01:35 PM

User is online   0815Jack 

Hi,

regarding 4533_kitchenobject.kvx (burger turner)

in my HRP-Test map the voxel is shown, but in the actual map E4M2 (kitchen area) it's still a sprite... any idea?

Share this topic:

• 84 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options