Duke4.net Forums: Duke 3D Voxel Pack - Duke4.net Forums

• 77 Pages +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Duke 3D Voxel Pack

User is offline   DotK3D 

Hello all. I still read the forum from time to time, always amazed by the very nice work posted on this topic, and on others of course.
I wonder, for the earth under the dome, if it could be possible to to just add the white reflections, and possibly a bit of jagged white lining at the junction of the dome and the grey part, to just suggest it's a glass dome ? Like the window sprite. IIRC, it's just white reflections on this sprite.
It's just an idea, I don't know what it would look like.

This post has been edited by DotK3D: 13 October 2021 - 10:11 AM

User is online   Striker 

• Auramancer

View PostDzierzan, on 13 October 2021 - 04:00 AM, said:

None of that will work. Define "thin" cause it will always cover the Earth inside. And no, it cannot be damaged as no such sprite exits.

And voxels can be transparent in Build, in Polymost renderer. In theory you could have transparent dome, but that means having two voxels placed on the same spot. I tested that once in Blood and it works... only in Polymost renderer and if you of course place two seperate objects.

Anyway, I'll remove the glass dome. The sacrifise must be made.

This makes me ponder if it would be possible to implement multi-voxel models in DEF. Like, specify two voxels for one sprite, and set attributes like transparency for each one.

Wowow these KICK ASS!! i had to sign up just to give some appreciation for all u modders hard work!!

Share this topic:

• 77 Pages +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options