• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Duke 3D Voxel Pack

User is offline   Zaxtor 

O i see
is those things you run in command prompt

type some text like -dosomething -delete something genre

User is offline   Zaxtor 

I made a voxel with it but the voxel is little off as "not touching the floor but floating"

Despite the sprite is 0 and -2

Example I did
poly2vox 0517_fuelpod.md3 (to the fuel pod)
Extracted it,
Used Slab or w/e to make it compatible

but the thing is up

normal size of fuelpod is 49 x 64

Can the size of voxel effect?

First time to use poly2vox

Result pic
look how way "off" upward is the tank.
Posted Image
PS I meant Y not Z

This post has been edited by Zaxtor: 06 April 2019 - 09:41 PM

User is offline   Zaxtor 

Fixed the Privot

So got the Fuelpod working

Posted Image

Downloadable
http://zaxtor.net/0517_fuelpod.kvx

User is offline   NightFright 

• The Truth is in here

It's raining voxels suddenly! Keep up the great work, guys! Haven't seen this much activity in a modelling thread for a very long time.

User is offline   Micky C 

• Honored Donor

Don’t we want to try to avoid model conversions like the fuel pod in favour of voxels made directly from the sprites?

• The Truth is in here

Oh, that's a converted model? Indeed, we shouldn't use those in this project. All the stuff in this thread should be created from scratch.

This post has been edited by NightFright: 07 April 2019 - 02:51 AM

User is offline   Micky C 

• Honored Donor

Yeah that voxel seems to have been created by poly2vox. I can’t speak of the voxels on the previous thread. IIRC Photonic likes to work with models so I’m not sure about the shrinker for example.

User is offline   mxrtxn 

This is officially a voxel fest!

Posted Image

Metal barrel #1238

http://www.mediafire...barrel.kvx/file

Lamp (retouched colors) #4370

http://www.mediafire...2/lamp.kvx/file

Visor #0584

https://www.mediafir.../visor.kvx/file

Enjoy!

This post has been edited by Lunick: 14 May 2019 - 08:34 PM

User is offline   Borion 

I don't use 3D models. All posted things were done in Goxel and Qubicle.

I'm not a big fan of way 3D models look after automatic conversion to voxels, but thats just my personal view.

By the way, not long ago author of Goxel was so kind, that he implemented KVX export and support for Build Engine palettes/look-up tables (very nice dude). Now Goxel exports proper KVX files, but there is some problem with colour palette arrangement. I still have to use ancient & barely working SLAB6 to reimport Goxel KVX files to fix palette & adjust pivot. If any of you have knowledge on how to improve KVX export, or want to do some voxel editing, hit this place:

Goxel GitHub

User is offline   mxrtxn 

View PostBorion, on 07 April 2019 - 08:53 AM, said:

I don't use 3D models. All posted things were done in Goxel and Qubicle.

I'm not a big fan of way 3D models look after automatic conversion to voxels, but thats just my personal view.

By the way, not long ago author of Goxel was so kind, that he implemented KVX export and support for Build Engine palettes/look-up tables (very nice dude). Now Goxel exports proper KVX files, but there is some problem with colour palette arrangement. I still have to use ancient & barely working SLAB6 to reimport Goxel KVX files to fix palette & adjust pivot. If any of you have knowledge on how to improve KVX export, or want to do some voxel editing, hit this place:

Goxel GitHub

Cool I didn´t know those programs I mainly use slab6, strip2voxel and magicavoxel...

User is offline   Kyanos 

View PostMicky C, on 07 April 2019 - 03:20 AM, said:

Yeah that voxel seems to have been created by poly2vox. I can’t speak of the voxels on the previous thread. IIRC Photonic likes to work with models so I’m not sure about the shrinker for example.

The Shrinker voxel is made using strip to voxel by Scott AW a member here. I edit using slab6 and photoshop in tandem, can also flip rotate export new strips using a combo of magica voxel and vox2png. eg I have my current source files in a sideview strip, but have flipped it once or twice to a top view to edit from that angle easier.

Here is my current source strip. Still wip. run strip2vox it is 99 wide, 30 high, 14 layers, mirrored. It's been trimmed down to 28 wide final size now.

Attached Image: s-24.png

User is offline   Borion 

View Postmxrtxn, on 07 April 2019 - 08:21 AM, said:

This is officially a voxel fest!

Posted Image

Metal barrel #1238

http://www.mediafire...barrel.kvx/file

Lamp (retouched colors) #4370

http://www.mediafire...2/lamp.kvx/file

Visor #0584

https://www.mediafir.../visor.kvx/file

Enjoy!

Voxel fest indeed, great texturing work on these models!

View Postmxrtxn, on 07 April 2019 - 08:55 AM, said:

Cool I didn´t know those programs I mainly use slab6, strip2voxel and magicavoxel...

MagicaVoxel is great in so many ways, crazy good tool. It just happens that those other two work for me best.
I imagine it is hard to use SLAB and strip2voxel, you still prefer it over full MagicaVoxel workflow? Just curious

User is offline   Borion 

View PostPhotonic, on 07 April 2019 - 09:14 AM, said:

The Shrinker voxel is made using strip to voxel by Scott AW a member here. I edit using slab6 and photoshop in tandem, can also flip rotate export new strips using a combo of magica voxel and vox2png. eg I have my current source files in a sideview strip, but have flipped it once or twice to a top view to edit from that angle easier.

Here is my current source strip. Still wip. run strip2vox it is 99 wide, 30 high, 14 layers, mirrored. It's been trimmed down to 28 wide final size now.

Attachment s-24.png

True old-school way. Wow, you have to stitch all together in your head when you work with strips...well, much respect.

User is offline   mxrtxn 

View PostBorion, on 07 April 2019 - 09:15 AM, said:

Voxel fest indeed, great texturing work on these models!

MagicaVoxel is great in so many ways, crazy good tool. It just happens that those other two work for me best.
I imagine it is hard to use SLAB and strip2voxel, you still prefer it over full MagicaVoxel workflow? Just curious

If they are smaller like 3 layers of voxels wide (thick) like switches, I would use paint (to create the strip) then strip2voxel, cilinder shape like objects like the barrel I would have o use magica voxel then retouch on slab6, same with bigger objects.

This post has been edited by mxrtxn: 07 April 2019 - 10:29 AM

User is offline   mxrtxn 

So when is this voxel pack be updated with the latest voxels??

User is offline   RPD Guy 

View Postmxrtxn, on 07 April 2019 - 03:13 PM, said:

So when is this voxel pack be updated with the latest voxels??

:lol:

User is offline   Zaxtor 

Posted Image
http://www.mediafire...s7/voxstuff.rar

User is offline   Hendricks266 

• Weaponized Autism

View PostZaxtor, on 07 April 2019 - 04:40 PM, said:

We're not using model to voxel conversions in this pack.

User is offline   Zaxtor 

in the pack is mostly stuff from scratch?

• The Truth is in here

As far as I know, there isn't a single md2/md3 conversion in the pack right now. I assume there's a common agreement to keep it that way.

User is offline   Zaxtor 

Sometime converting stuff make little color errors

Example those pipe the blue line was all messed up (darker blue to brighter blue(
had to play with the model's jpeg colors

Ketchups, Mustards had color errors

Had to use VoxelShop to correct bad pixels

Donuts had few dark-red spots,
Removed them etc

So only software I know I use to turn models into vox is poly2voxel

I use magicavoxel to creat stuff from scratch.

User is offline   fgsfds 

How do you make these turntable gifs?

User is offline   Borion 

View Postfgsfds, on 08 April 2019 - 03:45 AM, said:

How do you make these turntable gifs?

In Qubicle there is a feature of rendering full turntable image sequence with arbitrary number of frames (I use 16 frames for full rotation). MagicaVoxel got this feature too since version 0.99.3 (Turntable Mode)

With that sequence of PNG files, you can make GIFs in PS:

import all frames to PS as layers of one image,
open Timeline panel
click button 'Create Video Timeline'
in left bottom corner of Timeline panel click frames icon (Convert to frame animation)
select all layers in Layers Panel
in right top corner of Timeline panel panel click icon with horizontal lines, in menu choose 'Convert layers to frames'
All layers should appear in timeline as frames. If for some reason there are any unnecessary ones, remove them.
Select all frames in Timeline panel by holding shift and clicking on first and last of them, set their time to i.e. 0,1 or 0,2 (it is 100 miliseconds per frame or 200 miliseconds per frame)
All frames should have same time value
Now go to File>Export>Save for Web (Legacy)
Panel will appear, on right side there is 'Preset' menu. Choose i.e. "GIF 128 No Dither". Adjust colour settings if necessary.
Make sure that 'Looping Options' in bottom left corner of panel is set to 'Forever'
Click 'Save...' in bottom part of panel to save file as GIF in desired folder.

This post has been edited by Borion: 08 April 2019 - 07:30 AM

User is offline   Borion 

Almost done. Tomorrow I will post it after getting rid of those horizontal lines on outside part of metal ring.
Posted Image

EDIT:
One more thing. I have tried this script in switches.def:

// Nuke Button (142-145)
voxel "voxels/props/nukebutton_frame01.kvx" { scale 1 tile 142 }
voxel "voxels/props/nukebutton_frame02.kvx" { scale 1 tile 143 }
voxel "voxels/props/nukebutton_frame03.kvx" { scale 1 tile 144 }
voxel "voxels/props/nukebutton_frame04.kvx" { scale 1 tile 145 }

I hoped that with all frames provided it will work, but it doesn't. Any ideas?

This post has been edited by Lunick: 14 May 2019 - 08:36 PM

User is offline   Kyanos 

It's probably a similar case with the freezer ammo and other animated / hard coded tiles. Another few lines in animation.con will probably get it working.

User is offline   Borion 

View PostPhotonic, on 08 April 2019 - 02:22 PM, said:

It's probably a similar case with the freezer ammo and other animated / hard coded tiles. Another few lines in animation.con will probably get it working.

I'll try it, thanks.

User is offline   Hendricks266 

• Weaponized Autism

View PostPhotonic, on 08 April 2019 - 02:22 PM, said:

I recall changing the voxel code so ART animations like the freezer should work without any CON code. (Or maybe that was only models...) The nukebutton doesn't use ART animations so I'm not sure why it's not working. Maybe the concept needs to be extended to tsprpicnum?

User is offline   Kyanos 

I remember also, the voxel animation stuff was done for the freezer ammo specifically.
And as I thought about this I realized that the nukebutton isn't a normal con coded actor IIRC, any fix from that end would need to rewrite the actor from the source code into con, nasty but possible I think.

This post has been edited by Photonic: 08 April 2019 - 04:05 PM

• The Truth is in here

Even the Atomic Health would work without con code now (if we had a voxel version)?
Regarding the nukebutton: Maybe animtilerange is needed?

Could be like:
animtilerange 142 145 ? 2
voxel "voxels/props/nukebutton_frame01.kvx" { scale 1 tile 142 }
voxel "voxels/props/nukebutton_frame02.kvx" { scale 1 tile 143 }
voxel "voxels/props/nukebutton_frame03.kvx" { scale 1 tile 144 }
voxel "voxels/props/nukebutton_frame04.kvx" { scale 1 tile 145 }

[? = Animation speed (not sure which value to put here - can be 0-15, with 0 being the fastest)]

This post has been edited by NightFright: 08 April 2019 - 11:29 PM

User is offline   Jmoc 

Eager to try all those voxels out.

About the Shrinker: I completely agree on the roundness of the item, all the modeled renditions are very blocky for such an alien weapon. Also agree on the caged brain shrinker concept.

As for the jetpack I have some doubts about the brown details and overall details. The in-game sprite was rather small compared to other pick-ups. I prefer the first voxelized version (with second version exhausts)!

The atomic health should be fantastic to see in all its voxelized glory.

Share this topic:

• 84 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options