Duke4.net Forums: Duke 3D Voxel Pack - Duke4.net Forums

Jump to content

Hide message Show message
Welcome to the Duke4.net Forums!

Register an account now to get access to all board features. After you've registered and logged in, you'll be able to create topics, post replies, send and receive private messages, disable the viewing of ads and more!

  • 23 Pages +
  • « First
  • 21
  • 22
  • 23
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Duke 3D Voxel Pack

User is offline   Phredreeke 

  • 214

#661

what do you need sprites of?
0

User is offline   Hendricks266 

  • EDuke32 Senior Developer
  • 6,134

  #662

Martin, if you need a copy of Duke 3D, send a PM to Yatta for a GOG code.

You can also try this: http://hendricks266...._transparent.7z
0

User is offline   Phredreeke 

  • 214

#663

I adapted the voxel pack for the Total Meltdown TC.

Download link
3

User is offline   Shodanbot 

  • 25

#664

Okay, I created a voxel of 4464 -- three cans of mace -- and a few preview screens in SLAB6 and in-game on the map by DavoX called "Buenos Aires Explosive Remake."

SLAB6 Screens:

Spoiler


In-game Screens:

Spoiler


And the voxel itself:

https://mega.nz/#!3R...sMtBeCdd1t4dUSo
4

User is offline   Shodanbot 

  • 25

#665

And here's a pair of voxel models of those sliding switch red/green doodads. Unfortunately, they both dip into the wall in-game, either because I screwed up or they need a map hack to adjust their position.

Spoiler


And here is the pair of them if anyone is interested in finding out if I screwed up:

https://mega.nz/#!ec...jDLBoYQhn3xl6Cg
4

User is online   Trooper Dan 

  • Duke Plus Developer
  • 3,197

#666

Any chance that someone will make a voxel version of the rocket? I tried using poly2vox for this a while back, and results were mixed. I was able to adjust the skin before converting and used the command to make it convert at the same resolution as the sprite, so for the most part it looked fine. But there is a big flame on the model which was too large for the voxel to look good -- it would probably be fine if the model were edited.
0

User is offline   Striker 

  • Auramancer
  • 921

#667

View PostShodanbot, on 17 April 2018 - 04:08 PM, said:

And here's a pair of voxel models of those sliding switch red/green doodads. Unfortunately, they both dip into the wall in-game, either because I screwed up or they need a map hack to adjust their position.

Spoiler


And here is the pair of them if anyone is interested in finding out if I screwed up:

https://mega.nz/#!ec...jDLBoYQhn3xl6Cg

If they sink into the wall, that's because you didn't set up the pivots.
0

User is offline   Shodanbot 

  • 25

#668

View PostStriker, on 17 April 2018 - 11:20 PM, said:

If they sink into the wall, that's because you didn't set up the pivots.


Cheers. I'm a fool but I'm one that corrects his errors.

Attached File  0138_139_slideswitch_fixed.zip (6.73K)
Number of downloads: 45

And here are some in-game screens:

Spoiler



View PostTrooper Dan, on 17 April 2018 - 04:23 PM, said:

Any chance that someone will make a voxel version of the rocket?


I'm currently working on sci-fi flip switch 1122-1123, but would that be the RPG/Devastator rockets? It looks "easy" enough to voxel. The proportions, length, and depth of the thing are all there in the sprites, so it is just a matter of painting by number for much of it. If I do get round to it, I'll give it a go. Might cannibalize the candle voxels (by Martin?) to add a little animation to the flame.
4

User is offline   Micky C 

  • Honored Donor
  • 3,658

#669

Looking good!

Polymer wishlist: Global illumination, SSAO, Bloom, reflective surfaces, adjustable specular (wetness), volumetric lighting.
Mapper of the Month December 2014.

Herbs? Tell me more!
0

User is offline   Shodanbot 

  • 25

#670

And here are both voxel models of the sci-fi flip switch 1122-1123:

Spoiler


Download:
Attached File  1122_1123_flipswitch.zip (5.82K)
Number of downloads: 50
2

User is online   Trooper Dan 

  • Duke Plus Developer
  • 3,197

#671

View PostShodanbot, on 18 April 2018 - 04:45 AM, said:

Might cannibalize the candle voxels (by Martin?) to add a little animation to the flame.


You can't use any extra tiles that the original rocket doesn't use, though.
0

User is offline   Jblade 

  • 1,645

#672

Voxels can't be pitched though, so I don't think a voxel rocket would work very well unfortunately.


This post has been edited by Jblade: 18 April 2018 - 11:51 AM

0

User is online   Trooper Dan 

  • Duke Plus Developer
  • 3,197

#673

View PostJblade, on 18 April 2018 - 11:51 AM, said:

Voxels can't be pitched though, so I don't think a voxel rocket would work very well unfortunately.


I know, but sprites can't be pitched either, so why would it be worse than the current sprite? The reason I want a voxel is to make it slightly more visible without increasing the sprite size -- also, it will show the angle of the rocket accurately.
0

User is offline   Striker 

  • Auramancer
  • 921

#674

View PostTrooper Dan, on 18 April 2018 - 12:14 PM, said:

I know, but sprites can't be pitched either, so why would it be worse than the current sprite? The reason I want a voxel is to make it slightly more visible without increasing the sprite size -- also, it will show the angle of the rocket accurately.

Sprites do pitch with your view, at least in software, and in OpenGL, the sprites are thin enough to not look hideous when shooting up and down. There was a point in history where the HRP rocket didn't pitch with aim, and it looked beyond horrible. Something like this would work better with projectiles that are uniform, like the freeze ray shot.


This post has been edited by Striker: 18 April 2018 - 01:11 PM

0

User is offline   Shodanbot 

  • 25

#675

View PostTrooper Dan, on 18 April 2018 - 11:07 AM, said:

You can't use any extra tiles that the original rocket doesn't use, though.


Thanks. I noticed that. I considered doing a flicker between the small deep orange and a larger bright orange. The flame would look very dull and flat otherwise. A bit like the old polygonal flames from Quake, except no animation at all. It's a shame I can't mix the sprite of the flame with the voxel of the rocket, or at least not without CON scripting which would be a bit beyond the scope of this voxel pack. So I'll put the rocket on the to-do list, but for the time being, I'd rather focus on things the player will always be able to get a good look at. Like sprite 4954, the damaged variant of the sprite 0860 power switch.

View PostStriker, on 18 April 2018 - 01:10 PM, said:

Sprites do pitch with your view, at least in software, and in OpenGL, the sprites are thin enough to not look hideous when shooting up and down.


Zandronum has a nice feature called "sprite billboard" with its OpenGL renderer. It will pitch the sprite just like it would in software, on both the X-axis and/or Y-axis.
0

User is offline   Micky C 

  • Honored Donor
  • 3,658

#676

Polymer has that option as well, however the renderer will probably remain unfinished.

Polymer wishlist: Global illumination, SSAO, Bloom, reflective surfaces, adjustable specular (wetness), volumetric lighting.
Mapper of the Month December 2014.

Herbs? Tell me more!
0

User is offline   NightFright 

  • The Truth is in here
  • 823

#677

Is anybody able and willing to finish the pickups? Having these completed would be great and justify a new release of the whole pack.

Missing:
- Shrinker (#25)
- Scuba gear (#56)
- Jetpack (#57)
- Atomic Health (#100-115)


This post has been edited by NightFright: 27 August 2018 - 05:15 AM

0

User is offline   Mark 

  • Honored Donor
  • 2,698

#678

I forgot all about pitching in Polymer. Where is it documented? I didn't see anything in the wiki.

edit, I found it under model rotation. I got confused because earlier post mentioned sprite, not model rotation.

This post has been edited by Mark.: 27 August 2018 - 05:31 AM

0

User is offline   Jmoc 

  • 7

#679

View PostNightFright, on 27 August 2018 - 04:54 AM, said:

Is anybody able and willing to finish the pickups? Having these completed would be great and justify a new release of the whole pack.

Missing:
- Shrinker (#25)
- Scuba gear (#56)
- Jetpack (#57)
- Atomic Health (#100-115)


I'd like to at least give it a try, but slab6 is not working properly on win10 (pointer is kept outside the window).
0

User is offline   ReaperMan 

  • 1,263

#680

View PostTrooper Dan, on 17 April 2018 - 04:23 PM, said:

Any chance that someone will make a voxel version of the rocket? I tried using poly2vox for this a while back, and results were mixed. I was able to adjust the skin before converting and used the command to make it convert at the same resolution as the sprite, so for the most part it looked fine. But there is a big flame on the model which was too large for the voxel to look good -- it would probably be fine if the model were edited.


I don't have much free time these days but I'll whip one up when I do, shouldn't take too long.
0

Share this topic:


  • 23 Pages +
  • « First
  • 21
  • 22
  • 23
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic


All copyrights and trademarks are property of their respective owners. Instead of reading this text, you could be playing Ion Maiden! ;) © 2018 Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password


Sign in options