Duke4.net Forums: Duke 3D Voxel Pack - Duke4.net Forums

• 56 Pages +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Duke 3D Voxel Pack

User is offline   Fox 

• Fraka kaka kaka kaka-kow!

They converted most textures to 16 colors.

User is online   Phredreeke 

I should clarify, by DN64 I don't mean any converted tiles, only the new weapon/ammo pickups such as the dual SMGs and plasma cannon

User is offline   NightFright 

• The Truth is in here

It would be great if voxel defs supported ifcrc like tilefromtexture since then we could just add Carribbean content to the existing voxel pack without having to mess with override packs or something like that.

User is offline   DJP 

Number 691 cleaver and 692 knife as voxels
My link

User is offline   NightFright 

• The Truth is in here

After Borion is finished with doing some QA work on the voxels, DJP's cleaver and knife are now on Github. Thanks a lot for the contribution!

This post has been edited by NightFright: 04 May 2020 - 12:58 AM

User is offline   LeoD 

• Topic #3513

Hi @Borion,
could you please do me a favour?

I need a cubic, hollow, dice-like voxel model for my test/calibration/bug hunting map. My "flat version":
Attached Image: mhkalib.jpg
The inner structure should be some 3d-cross, with the beams ending in the centre of each side.
Attached Image: 3dcross.jpg
Side "5" should look like this, for example:
Attached Image: mhkalib.png
1 square = 1 voxel

I hope this isn't asked too much, at least if your voxel tool has good copy/paste capabilities.

User is offline   Striker 

• Auramancer

View PostBorion, on 27 April 2020 - 03:52 AM, said:

That link was posted as proof of concept. You made it clear guys that You don't want/need voxelized enemies and as Dzierzan said, it would be insane amount of work.

There is only one enemy that I'm sure I will voxelize - Pigcop Car. I can't stand how flat it looks while hovering in place & shooting. In this one moment when whole illusion of mass is gone. I think due to the height in relation to ground level and length of "car". Contrary to Cacodemon or Gargoyle from Blood, this one has not optimal shape for 2.5D trickery, IMO.

I won't forgo work on props, there are still at least 20-30 objects that need voxelization. Just pipes in all variations are 15 models. I think I will take care of few more objects and take a break for a while. By break I mean making i.e. Duke64 or Caribbean stuff :D

Fox, what do you mean by palette issues? 3DR used different palette for N64 port?

EDIt: typos

Personally, I think you can do whatever you want. Props should take priority, yeah, but if you want to do enemies too and feel like you're up to the challenge, I'd say knock yourself out.

User is offline   Borion 

View PostLeoD, on 06 May 2020 - 10:30 AM, said:

Hi @Borion,
could you please do me a favour?

I need a cubic, hollow, dice-like voxel model for my test/calibration/bug hunting map. My "flat version":
mhkalib.jpg
The inner structure should be some 3d-cross, with the beams ending in the centre of each side.
3dcross.jpg
Side "5" should look like this, for example:
mhkalib.png
1 square = 1 voxel

I hope this isn't asked too much, at least if your voxel tool has good copy/paste capabilities.

Sure, I will do it as soon as I can. But I'm totally hammered by work stuff ATM, Leo.

View PostStriker, on 06 May 2020 - 09:50 PM, said:

Personally, I think you can do whatever you want. Props should take priority, yeah, but if you want to do enemies too and feel like you're up to the challenge, I'd say knock yourself out.

Hi Striker
Making VP props set 'feature complete' has priority for me. About enemies & other stuff, I wan't to experiment with other Build games (besides Pig Car).

User is offline   LeoD 

• Topic #3513

View PostBorion, on 09 May 2020 - 12:58 AM, said:

Sure, I will do it as soon as I can. But I'm totally hammered by work stuff ATM, Leo.
No need to hurry. Not urgent right now, but really nice to have.

User is offline   LeoD 

• Topic #3513

@NightFright
It's a good time to rebase the Voxel Pack's maphacks on the HRP svn727 revision, and re-apply your patches (not so many yet, IIRC). I think I've made all conceivable fixes and improvements that could be achieved without actually replaying all the maps.

Share this topic:

• 56 Pages +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options