Duke4.net Forums: Duke It Out In D.C. HRP + Music Pack - Duke4.net Forums

• 11 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Duke It Out In D.C. HRP + Music Pack  "Coming up: New music pack by Jimmy!"

User is offline   Spiker 

Sorry about that. I was just checking if you look what you do with these (kidding) Somehow I overlooked it. Yes, it should be 3752_s and here is the proper def for 3729

texture 3729 {
pal 0 { file "dukedc/textures/3729_d.png" specpower 10 specfactor 1 }
normal { file "dukedc/textures/3729_n.png" parallaxbias 0.02 parallaxscale 0.02 }
specular { file "dukedc/textures/3729_s.png" }
}

User is offline   fgsfds 

-

Attached thumbnail(s)

• Attached Image: 2492_dc.png
  • Attached Image: 2493_dc.png

User is online   NightFright 

• The Truth is in here

@ Spiker:
No prob at all, pal. ^^ At least it shows I am still not totally sleeping while adding new stuff. xD

@ empy:
Errrrr well... HELL YEAH!!! :dukecry: Maybe you have this new #2492 in 1600x1200 res as well?

This post has been edited by NightFright: 11 June 2011 - 05:45 AM

User is offline   fgsfds 

I still hope that someone will add extended widescreen support for menus like in swp.

Also maybe you will remove detail texture for 3629? It looks really ugly.

Attached thumbnail(s)

• Attached Image: 2493_wide.png
  • Attached Image: 600px-Seal_Of_The_President_Of_The_Unites_States_Of_America.svg.png
  • Attached Image: 2492_wide.png
  • Attached Image: duke0001.jpg

This post has been edited by empy: 11 June 2011 - 08:46 AM

• The Truth is in here

View Postempy, on 11 June 2011 - 08:14 AM, said:

Also maybe you will remove detail texture for 3629? It looks really ugly.

I think I will even remove detail textures for ALL polymerized highres textures. They are not needed there and just make the whole thing look worse.

User is offline   Spiker 

Comments? LOL

Posted Image

Attached Image: 3737.png

• The Truth is in here

Cool! Finally I can read the text. And it errr... kinda makes sense! :dukecry: Amazing stuff!

This post has been edited by NightFright: 11 June 2011 - 12:39 PM

User is offline   Hendricks266 

• Weaponized Autism

View PostNightFright, on 11 June 2011 - 09:32 AM, said:

I think I will even remove detail textures for ALL polymerized highres textures. They are not needed there and just make the whole thing look worse.

Consult with Plagman first, this doesn't sound like a good idea to me.

• The Truth is in here

Good news, everyone! Thanks to Plagman and Hendricks266, we have a separate SVN repository for the DukeDC HRP up and running.

URL: https://svn.eduke32.com/dc_hrp
Access: Your common HRP login data (for committing)

Regarding contents, the latest stuff is added, i.e. everything in v1.54 plus anything for the future v1.55 release. This basically means once you have finished the checkout, you can work with these files immediately since they are up-to-date. :dukecry:

This post has been edited by NightFright: 13 June 2011 - 11:04 AM

• Weaponized Autism

To-do list, linked directly from the SVN.

View PostNightFright, on 13 June 2011 - 08:21 AM, said:

Good news, everyone! Thanks to Plagman and Hendricks266, we have a separate SVN repository for the DukeDC HRP up and running.

URL: https://svn.eduke32.com/dc_hrp
Access: Your common HRP login data (for committing)

Regarding contents, the latest stuff is added, i.e. everything in v1.54 plus anything for the future v1.55 release. This basically means once you have finished the checkout, you can work with these files immediately since they are up-to-date. :D

How do I login? I can't figure it out. B)

If I'm not allowed to login for some reason, can someone at least tell me how to get DC's HRP running? I have the bat and dukedc.grp and dukedc_hrp.zip in my eduke32 directory, and when I run the bat I get the proper HRP intro screens, but nothing else is high res at all, and for the episode select, Duke it out in DC is in the third episode's slot, with the others and user maps still remaining selectable. What did I do wrong?

Update: I can run the game with either the regular HRP or the special DC HRP by selecting their directories as the "Custom game content directory" when launching via the bat, but I can't use both at once. This is really frustrating. :dukecry:

Edit: I figured out how to use the SVN! https://svn.eduke32.com/dc_hrp asks for a login, but http://svn.eduke32.com/dc_hrp does not! Wahoo! Downloading now. :D

I still can't get it to work, even with the SVN. I have no idea what I am doing wrong. B)

This post has been edited by SHODANFreeman: 14 June 2011 - 08:07 PM

• The Truth is in here

What is the problem? You don't know how to use the HRP with the addon?

View PostNightFright, on 15 June 2011 - 12:15 AM, said:

What is the problem? You don't know how to use the HRP with the addon?

I can run the add-on in its original mode fine with the bat file, but the HRP won't work properly no matter what I do. I can only get either the base HRP pack or the DC HRP pack to work, but not both at once.

• The Truth is in here

Well, I am using ProAsm's PlayDuke launcher for handling addons and addon HRPs. However, you can also just drop the DukeDC HRP into the autoload folder. If it is named correctly and loaded as the last zipfile, then you can use it for DukeDC. Anyway, don't forget to remove it before you want to play normal Duke3D or other addons.

User is offline   fgsfds 

Are you use .zip or SVN versions of both HRPs?

This post has been edited by empy: 15 June 2011 - 04:20 AM

View Postempy, on 15 June 2011 - 04:20 AM, said:

Are you use .zip or SVN versions of both HRPs?

SVN, but I have tried using the zip of the DC HRP and it didn't matter.

Also, I'd like to have just a one click shortcut/bat file that will run it all properly. I've tried doing it myself but I can't figure out how to do it with the SVN installs. I don't want to have to mess with the autoload folder when switching between vanilla, LAB, NW, and DC. I just want a shortcut for each that will automatically load up the HRP version of each with no fiddling at all. I've gotten vanilla, LAB and NW to work, but DC is being difficult. :D

This post has been edited by SHODANFreeman: 15 June 2011 - 10:38 AM

User is offline   fgsfds 

I use my own .bat, but I think you need to add path to duke3d.def from dc_hrp folder in your .bat.
Like this: -h"dc_hrp\duke3d.def"

And this is my .bat for example
eduke32 -g"!addons\DUKEDC.GRP" -j"!HRP\polymer_hrp" -j"!HRP\dc_hrp" -h"!HRP\dc_hrp\duke3d.def"

This post has been edited by empy: 15 June 2011 - 10:43 AM

View Postempy, on 15 June 2011 - 10:42 AM, said:

I use my own .bat, but I think you need to add path to duke3d.def from dc_hrp folder in your .bat.
Like this: -h"dc_hrp\duke3d.def"

And this is my .bat for example
eduke32 -g"!addons\DUKEDC.GRP" -j"!HRP\polymer_hrp" -j"!HRP\dc_hrp" -h"!HRP\dc_hrp\duke3d.def"

I am using this for my .bat file, and both HRPs load properly, but the episode doesn't show up under New Game at all. I have to manually load each map as a user map. Did I do something wrong?

eduke32 -g"addons\DUKEDC.GRP" -j"polymer_hrp" -j"dc_hrp" -h"dc_hrp\duke3d.def"

User is offline   Spiker 

Posted Image

I'm hesitant to release this because it's crap espcially the UV. The picture can be very misleading. Improving it would take a lot of time a the result wouldn't be much better if any.

• Weaponized Autism

View PostSHODANFreeman, on 14 June 2011 - 04:00 PM, said:

Edit: I figured out how to use the SVN! https://svn.eduke32.com/dc_hrp asks for a login, but http://svn.eduke32.com/dc_hrp does not! Wahoo! Downloading now. :D

Bingo!

From here on, it should be common knowledge that for svn.eduke32.com, HTTPS is used for committing users with accounts, and HTTP is used for anonymous read-only checkout.

View PostSHODANFreeman, on 15 June 2011 - 11:18 AM, said:

I am using this for my .bat file, and both HRPs load properly, but the episode doesn't show up under New Game at all. I have to manually load each map as a user map. Did I do something wrong?

eduke32 -g"addons\DUKEDC.GRP" -j"polymer_hrp" -j"dc_hrp" -h"dc_hrp\duke3d.def"

You have a conflict with a USER.CON file. There must be one loose in your EDuke32 directory. Rename it.

This post has been edited by Hendricks266: 16 June 2011 - 01:56 PM

View PostHendricks266, on 16 June 2011 - 11:15 AM, said:

Bingo! From here on, it should be common knowledge that HTTPS is used for committing users with accounts, and HTTP is used for anonymous read-only checkout.

You have a conflict with a USER.CON file. There must be one loose in your EDuke32 directory. Rename it.

It worked! Thank you guys so much for the help! :D

Quick question though, is it normal for Duke It Out In DC to simply replace the third episode in the episode select? It's not a big deal either way, as it works exactly how I wanted it to, just curious. :D

• Weaponized Autism

That's the way the original game handled it. It's possible to move it to episode 5 (CON code would have to be added to the DCHRP, which probably should happen), but the only drawback is that you lose the ending animation because currently there is no customization support for them.

View PostHendricks266, on 16 June 2011 - 11:15 AM, said:

Bingo! From here on, it should be common knowledge that HTTPS is used for committing users with accounts, and HTTP is used for anonymous read-only checkout.

Perhaps common knowledge for that user, but not for everyone. I've used a couple SVN's before and I haven't encountered another one set up like that. If you know the guy that runs the eduke website, maybe you could ask him to make a note of it on the SVN page @ http://svn.eduke32.com ?

• Weaponized Autism

View PostBrentNewland, on 16 June 2011 - 01:52 PM, said:

Perhaps common knowledge for that user, but not for everyone. I've used a couple SVN's before and I haven't encountered another one set up like that. If you know the guy that runs the eduke website, maybe you could ask him to make a note of it on the SVN page @ http://svn.eduke32.com ?

Good idea, I should have specified that this is the behavior for svn.eduke32.com only.
It's Plagman BTW.

This post has been edited by Hendricks266: 16 June 2011 - 01:56 PM

• Weaponized Autism

I made this tutorial: How to Download Add-on HRP SVNs

Hopefully it will work for everyone.

User is offline   Spiker 

Finally a good looking horseman. I can't upload it myself because I don't have an account :D

Attached File  3599.zip (374.76K)
Number of downloads: 398

• The Truth is in here

#3599 has been committed and removed from the todo list. :D

User is offline   Spiker 

Good! But you will have to upload it again because I tweaked it so there is no more stretched pixels :P
But to make it more pleasurable for you here is another model :) BTW lighting in this level really needs tweaking, it should never be that intense.

Posted Image

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Attached File  3660.zip (730.38K)
Number of downloads: 336

User is offline   Micky C 

• Honored Donor

If you want me to go through that level again and reduce the lighting, you have to post up a new pic of that horse :)

• The Truth is in here

#3599 updated, #3660 added to the SVN.

Incredible how short the todo list got lately... :)

This post has been edited by NightFright: 23 June 2011 - 11:52 AM

Share this topic:

• 11 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options