• 11 Pages +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Duke It Out In D.C. HRP + Music Pack  "Coming up: New music pack by Jimmy!"

User is offline   NightFright 

• The Truth is in here

DAFUQ!

Where did that come from? xD Anyway, awesome! Maybe I should hammer out an updated release together with the regular Duke3D HRP on Monday, with this it'd even make sense.

If I am not mistaken, now only the graffiti tiles are missing (3775-3778) to complete the pack!

This post has been edited by NightFright: 28 September 2013 - 01:23 PM

User is offline   Spiker 

View PostNightFright, on 28 September 2013 - 12:40 PM, said:

If I am not mistaken, now only the graffiti tiles are missing (3775-3778) to complete the pack!
Not anymore! Thanks to the magic wand LOL. Anyway it seems I was the only contributor since the community moved to Duke4.net :P Also check the latest commit for possible errors as I didn't notice you moved some stuff and added the graffiti. It's possible that some entries are duplicated in signs/textures now. EDIT: Somehow I don't see any errors but it's always good to double check so please take a look. Some stuff still needs to be revised but not for the upcoming release.

EDIT: Also how to view the cutsceene? I've defined DC as a 5th episode and so there is no cutscene at the end.

This post has been edited by Spiker: 29 September 2013 - 04:57 AM

User is offline   Mark 

Thanks Spiker. I wanted to contribute some stuff but never got around to buying the mod so I could test any new stuff in the game.

• The Truth is in here

View PostSpiker, on 29 September 2013 - 04:34 AM, said:

EDIT: Also how to view the cutsceene? I've defined DC as a 5th episode and so there is no cutscene at the end.

And this way, you will never see any. DukeDC replaces the original Ep.3 cutscenes with custom ones. They will never play if you use any different episode slot for it - especially not for a fifth episode which has no cutscenes at all. :P

User is offline   Spiker 

View PostNightFright, on 29 September 2013 - 08:55 AM, said:

And this way, you will never see any. DukeDC replaces the original Ep.3 cutscenes with custom ones. They will never play if you use any different episode slot for it - especially not for a fifth episode which has no cutscenes at all. :P
Can you post your user.con where the cutsceene plays?

• The Truth is in here

It should work fine with the con files of the DukeDC groupfile. I am using the Megaton version, no problems at all. I can extract it for you if you need it. No custom con edits are needed to run DC addon properly, EDuke32 supports it perfectly (and also shows it in the launcher).

Other than that, found a def error in props.def (line 286) which I corrected. DC HRP is now ready for release and will be launched together with HRP 5.3. And thanks to Spiker, this is the first complete HRP of all Duke addons (if you don't count the cutscene)!^^

*EDIT Sep 30*
DukeDC HRP v1.6 has been released! Thanks to Spiker for helping so much with getting this finished at long last, but also a big thanks to anyone being involved previously with this, of course! ^^

This post has been edited by NightFright: 30 September 2013 - 02:10 AM

User is offline   Hendricks266 

• Weaponized Autism

View PostSpiker, on 29 September 2013 - 04:34 AM, said:

I've been hoping for some way to fix this since I started modding in 2006. In fact, that year I wrote this, which illustrates the difficulty of adding custom cutscenes:

Add con control over cutscenes in the form of:
  • Pre-Episode Cutscenes:
    • Does this episode have a beginning cutscene (Ep. 4)?
    • If it does, if there are multiple .anm files (Ep. 4), how many are there, and what are the filenames?
    • If it does, what is the filename?
    • If it does, what are the sound effects?
  • Ending Cutscenes:
    • Is the ending cutscene an .anm file (Ep. 2-4) or a tile range (Ep. 1)?
    • If it is a tile range, where are the tiles (tilenum)? [Need to link to a display event for them to be rotatesprite'd in a custom way.]
    • If it is an .anm file, what is the filename?
    • If there are multiple .anm files (Ep. 4), how many are there, and what are the filenames?
    • What are the sound effects?
  • Ending Screens:
    • Does this episode have a tile-based ending screen (Ep. 1-2) or not (Ep. 3-4)?
    • If it does, what is the tilenum?
  • All but Ending Screens:
    • Is there a background .mid?
    • If there is, what is it?
    • How many sound effects are there?
    • When do the sound effects play?
  • Opening Logos:
    • What is the filename?
    • If there are multiple .anm files, how many are there, and what are the filenames?
    • Is there a background .mid?
    • If there is, what is it?
    • How many sound effects are there?
    • When do the sound effects play?

View PostNightFright, on 29 September 2013 - 09:46 AM, said:

And thanks to Spiker, this is the first complete HRP of all Duke addons (if you don't count the cutscene)!^^

Is everything Polymerized that needs it?

User is offline   Spiker 

View PostHendricks266, on 30 September 2013 - 06:54 AM, said:

Is everything Polymerized that needs it?
Don't worry I will still update this pack with the revised content. I just wish I wasn't so sick (mentally and pshisically). Yeah, the cuscenes are a mess but somehow I managed to view DC one and it doesn't look so difficult so maybe one day it will be remade. (But I have no idea how to replace it anyway even if I had the movie to replace with).

User is offline   Spiker 

double post due to forum error.

This post has been edited by Spiker: 30 September 2013 - 07:25 AM

• Weaponized Autism

You can view all the frames here: http://hendricks266..../duke3d/dukedc/

User is offline   Spiker 

View PostHendricks266, on 30 September 2013 - 07:24 AM, said:

You can view all the frames here: http://hendricks266..../duke3d/dukedc/
Now this is extremly useful! thanks!

• The Truth is in here

You are even trying to get the cutscene done?

User is offline   Spiker 

I may have a crack at doing it but not at the moment.

• The Truth is in here

I am not even sure if it's already possible to replace cutscenes with highres footage (I remember it had been discussed once already, though), but good to know you'd even be willing to do that! ^^

• Weaponized Autism

I believe we can replace ANMs with VP8 videos in IVF format, but only for the hardcoded episode slots, so no Episode 5 just yet.

User is offline   Spiker 

View PostHendricks266, on 06 July 2011 - 07:12 AM, said:

Good catch. It's easy to see how someone could mistake one for the other, especially *cough* a European. The offending file is 3665_flag.jpg.

Posted Image vs. Posted Image
Fixed after over 2 years of waiting.

EDIT: Also I have a question. Does the stat screen is displaying correctly for you? For me it mixes the DC burning capitol frame with the old polymost frames. Doesn't happen with regular HRP on it's own. So I don't know. Of course I use the very latest versions.

This post has been edited by Spiker: 03 October 2013 - 09:23 AM

User is offline   LeoD 

• Duke4.net topic/3513

View PostSpiker, on 03 October 2013 - 08:45 AM, said:

EDIT: Also I have a question. Does the stat screen is displaying correctly for you? For me it mixes the DC burning capitol frame with the old polymost frames. Doesn't happen with regular HRP on it's own. So I don't know. Of course I use the very latest versions.
When adding 3240_dc.png in r41, the menu.def changes from r35 should have been reverted.
Seems we're heading for DC_HRP r1.61 really soon...

This post has been edited by LeoD: 03 October 2013 - 10:09 AM

• The Truth is in here

Fixed in latest commit (r50). Frustrating that this wasn't noticed right away. Should have finished at least one level while playtesting before release. Lesson learned. xD

DukeDC HRP v1.61 is available. Spiker's latest commits (US flag revision, updated posters) are also included.

This post has been edited by NightFright: 04 October 2013 - 04:51 PM

User is offline   Spiker 

Some more playing made me discover this texture that is not included on any to-do list (but probably it belongs to the regular HRP but is not used in E1-E4. That's why it's not on the list). I don't know if there are any more textures like this one. I just noticed it when checking updated posters.
Attached Image: duke0000.jpg

User is offline   LeoD 

• Duke4.net topic/3513

View PostSpiker, on 05 October 2013 - 08:07 AM, said:

Some more playing made me discover this texture that is not included on any to-do list (but probably it belongs to the regular HRP but is not used in E1-E4. That's why it's not on the list). I don't know if there are any more textures like this one. I just noticed it when checking updated posters.
Regular HRP, tile0280. Not used in atomic maps. Relatives are 0278, 0279, 0282.

• The Truth is in here

The to-do lists only cover the respective tiles for the groupfile they are intended for. I never tried to make cross-references like this one. It's pretty hard to catch them all, many duke3d.grp tiles not used in the Atomic episodes are used elsewhere.

Anyway, feel free to do the missing tiles and add them to the regular HRP SVN if you want to finish this. ^^

This post has been edited by NightFright: 05 October 2013 - 03:39 PM

View PostSpiker, on 03 October 2013 - 08:45 AM, said:

Fixed after over 2 years of waiting.

Once again, my observations have made a difference in the HRP universe, even if it did take 2 years, HAIL TO THE PRINCE, BABY!

Ahem, pardon the little ego trip, folks. This is coming along brilliantly, and the White House lawn looks SO much better with both different trees done, and the new Capitol Building and Bill Clinton both look awesome.

Only slight problem is when I use the Polymost override, the Endlevel scene flickers between the new Duke model and the old one, but maybe this is something with my configurations.

In any event, congratulations on this achievement, lads! Keep up the incredible work.

User is offline   LeoD 

• Duke4.net topic/3513

View Postdarkprince227, on 19 October 2013 - 10:32 AM, said:

Only slight problem is when I use the Polymost override, the Endlevel scene flickers between the new Duke model and the old one, but maybe this is something with my configurations.
No, Polymost HRP doesn't know about DukeDC HRP. I decided to keep the old Endlevel scene for Polymost HRP because it fits better to the old player model. I'll look into this.

User is offline   LeoD 

• Duke4.net topic/3513

I've updated the Polymost Override Pack download to take care of the DC HRP endlevel scene. To make it work in autoload you need to rename it to dukedc_polymost_* .

View PostLeoD, on 21 October 2013 - 01:25 PM, said:

I've updated the Polymost Override Pack download to take care of the DC HRP endlevel scene. To make it work in autoload you need to rename it to dukedc_polymost_* .

It took a bit of tweaking up my end (I had files in the wrong place, as usual) but it works brilliantly! Thanks, Leo!

User is offline   Jamesfff 

I have been playing through DukeDC and noticed that one of the tree sprites has not yet been modeled (shown in screenshot of dukedc2.map below). There does not seem to be any activity on this HRP currently, so I thought I'd post this to be sure you knew.

Attached thumbnail(s)

• Attached Image: capt0003.png

User is offline   ReaperMan 

View PostSpiker, on 15 July 2013 - 03:26 AM, said:

I've put him into the suit :)

Attachment 1405.jpg

My gawd Clinton is ripped, how did they ever tie him up? :)

• The Truth is in here

View PostJamesfff, on 10 April 2014 - 01:44 PM, said:

I have been playing through DukeDC and noticed that one of the tree sprites has not yet been modeled (shown in screenshot of dukedc2.map below). There does not seem to be any activity on this HRP currently, so I thought I'd post this to be sure you knew.

Hummm, I gotta check if I missed this one for my to-do list. As far as I knew, all models should have been completed by now.

User is offline   OpenMaw 

• Judge Mental

View PostReaperMan, on 10 April 2014 - 01:47 PM, said:

My gawd Clinton is ripped, how did they ever tie him up? B)

They through a secretary into his lap.

User is offline   Spiker 

In the final version I shrinked his muscles B)

Share this topic:

• 11 Pages +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options