• 13 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Roland SC-55 Music Packs  "Updates 'n stuff"

User is offline   MusicallyInspired 

• The Sarien Encounter

I wasn't aware of that! Maybe I'll make a pack for that too eventually.

• The Sarien Encounter

Hendricks, is it possible for DEF files to reference music files inside a zip?

User is offline   Hendricks266 

• Weaponized Autism

Sure.

• The Sarien Encounter

So how does one do that? Do you just put the name of the zip file in the target path instead of a folder? Like so:

Music { ID "intro" file "duke3d_sc55.zip\grabbag.ogg" }

I'm guessing that's not it...

This post has been edited by MusicallyInspired: 08 June 2016 - 10:24 AM

• The Sarien Encounter

Small note, there was a mistake in the Doom TNT music file "D_DM2INT" FLAC and OGG files for both raw and boosted packs. It has an extra 'w' character at the end of the LOOP_END tag value. This breaks the seamless loop. I'm reuploading the FLAC and OGG packs right now with a fix, but all you have to do is take the 'w' out of your own. You can do it with Winamp or something else that edits music file tags.

This post has been edited by MusicallyInspired: 11 June 2016 - 02:19 PM

User is offline   deuxsonic 

Do you happen to have the MIDI files for rejected Duke3d songs like Dark Matter and the original version of Whomp and SuperFnord and other songs of Lee Jackson that were never used?

This post has been edited by deuxsonic: 01 July 2016 - 07:02 PM

• The Sarien Encounter

Maybe...

<__<
>__>

This post has been edited by MusicallyInspired: 01 July 2016 - 07:42 PM

• Weaponized Autism

View Postdeuxsonic, on 01 July 2016 - 06:58 PM, said:

Do you happen to have the MIDI files for rejected Duke3d songs like Dark Matter and the original version of Whomp and SuperFnord and other songs of Lee Jackson that were never used?

Indeed he does: All the midis you mentioned were publicly released.

• The Sarien Encounter

Actually Whomp BETA is already up there as a standalone download. It's not one of the later recordings with mastering and metadata loop tags, though.

This post has been edited by MusicallyInspired: 01 July 2016 - 08:04 PM

User is offline   deuxsonic 

I like them as MIDI files rather than recordings because I use a Yamaha synth to play MIDI back.

• The Sarien Encounter

Ah. Well, Hendricks has 'em.

User is offline   Updownchu 

The Flac Pack (boosted) are better quality for Final Doom/TNT but how using it with Ezdoom?

• The Sarien Encounter

I don't recommend using it with EZDoom because it doesn't support metadata loop tags. At least, it didn't when I initially tested it. I don't remember how exactly it works because I don't generally use EZDoom. I imagine it's the same way it works for (G)ZDoom, "-file <music zip>" as a command line parameter.

Or maybe EZDoom doesn't support FLAC music packs...

This post has been edited by MusicallyInspired: 02 July 2016 - 07:01 AM

• The Sarien Encounter

Spotted another error in two of the tracks for the TNT music pack. The tracks for maps 22 and 28 (D_DDTBL3 and D_TENSE) have incorrect LOOP_END tags. The current incorrect tags read "39863318" when they should read "3986318". The result is that the tracks don't loop seamlessly and fade out as if there are no loop tags. Just remove the extra '3'. I've already uploaded replacement ZIPs for all affected packs but it'd probably be easier to edit it yourself if you don't want to redownload the whole thing.

This post has been edited by MusicallyInspired: 02 July 2016 - 06:42 PM

User is offline   Striker 

• Auramancer

See: http://zdoom.org/wiki/Music_format

and http://zdoom.org/wiki/Audio_loop

EZDoom is based on GZDoom, so it should work. FLAC loop tags are supported.

This post has been edited by StrikerMan780: 04 July 2016 - 03:20 AM

• The Sarien Encounter

That must have been a recent addition then because when I initially tried it it didn't work. (I know it's based on G/ZDoom, that's why I was confused when it didn't work)

This post has been edited by MusicallyInspired: 04 July 2016 - 06:36 AM

User is offline   Sledgehammer 

• Once you start doubting, there's no end to it

It seems like some of the tracks from flac pack don't play with current EDuke32 builds (i.e. E1L4 track) and sometimes there are annoying noises after few seconds. Old pack isn't available for me so I can't test to make sure what's the deal, my shitty notebook or tracks themselves (old one worked perfectly fine on my PC though).

• The Sarien Encounter

The Duke3d pack? Try redownloading? Maybe your file got corrupted somehow. What old pack are you talking about?

EDIT: Whoa, yeah there's something definitely wrong with FLAC playback in EDuke32 for sure. Randomly the volume levels boost through the roof for a quick second then back down. Plays back fine in Winamp.

This post has been edited by MusicallyInspired: 04 July 2016 - 08:15 AM

• The Sarien Encounter

The audio seems to wig out when playing the Water World track. But when I tested THECALL it completely fatally crashed the game.

• Auramancer

View PostMusicallyInspired, on 04 July 2016 - 06:36 AM, said:

That must have been a recent addition then because when I initially tried it it didn't work. (I know it's based on G/ZDoom, that's why I was confused when it didn't work)

It's been there for a few years. It's very specific about syntax and the name of the tag however. Might be different than some other ports and engines.

• The Sarien Encounter

If it's different then it needs to change and correspond to the standard that everything else uses. I don't see why it would be different, though, if it's using ZDoom's implementation.

• Weaponized Autism

thecall.flac and watrwld1.flac are 24-bit and need their bit depth reduced to 16-bit. gutwrnch appears to be typoed as gutwrnch_, which caused it to get missed by my tagging batch file.

• The Sarien Encounter

Wow. Don't know how I missed that. I'll fix them up. Bizarre!

• Auramancer

View PostMusicallyInspired, on 04 July 2016 - 03:07 PM, said:

If it's different then it needs to change and correspond to the standard that everything else uses. I don't see why it would be different, though, if it's using ZDoom's implementation.

Just add a new tag with the names/syntax specified in that wiki article, while still keeping the others... that way it'll work wherever.

This post has been edited by StrikerMan780: 04 July 2016 - 04:29 PM

• The Sarien Encounter

That's ZDoom's impelementation. That's what I'm already using. If it doesn't work with EZDoom then EZDoom isn't using it right. It works fine in G/ZDoom already.

This post has been edited by MusicallyInspired: 04 July 2016 - 04:45 PM

• The Sarien Encounter

I've fixed those two 24-bit files and that one misnamed file (new FLAC pack is uploading now), but there still seems to be issues when certain tracks start playing for whatever reason. There's a high squelch of distorted audio noise right before it starts. I noticed this on STALAG as well as others.

This post has been edited by MusicallyInspired: 04 July 2016 - 04:42 PM

• Weaponized Autism

I've experienced the same in the past. If I look at my code long enough I might find something dumb like an uninitialized buffer.

User is offline   mug 

glad to see TNT Evilution finished, looking forward to Heretic, that's one of my favorites. I know it's a long ways off, but do you have any plans for more games after Hexen? Chex Quest or System Shock maybe?

This post has been edited by mug: 11 August 2016 - 07:24 PM

• The Sarien Encounter

Maybe. :P

User is offline   FistMarine 

edit

This post has been edited by FistMarine: 11 December 2016 - 06:07 AM

Share this topic:

• 13 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options