Duke4.net Forums: NB(C?)BP - Duke4.net Forums

• 13 Pages +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

NB(C?)BP  "Build project for new builders"

User is offline   Shawneth 

Alright guys, create a DIPSWITCH and give it a lo-tag of 4434 and of course a hi-tag of 1. In each room, after you are done that HIDE THE SWITCH, not a super hidden area though!

underTaker, your part is slightly edited, not any of the map but of the beginning, I added a way to get to the DukeMatch arena AND to close off the entrance, so you have to enter the arena and you can't continue. I also changed it so you have only two pipebombs at the end instead of the 5 pack.

User is offline   VinsaneOne 

View PostLoke, on Jul 3 2010, 08:46 AM, said:

Good luck guys.

Ah, Vinsane you're in on this? Didn't know you mapped. :)

Ah, I don't call myself a mapper but I did take a shot at it. Was frustrating as hell to me :)
BTW Loke, how the heck are ya!

This post has been edited by VinsaneOne: 03 July 2010 - 08:32 PM

User is offline   underTaker 

View Postoporix, on Jul 4 2010, 02:41 AM, said:

underTaker, your part is slightly edited, not any of the map but of the beginning, I added a way to get to the DukeMatch arena AND to close off the entrance, so you have to enter the arena and you can't continue. I also changed it so you have only two pipebombs at the end instead of the 5 pack.

Very well, i was thinking about changing 5-pack to 1 or 2 bombs as well.

User is offline   Loke 

View PostVinsaneOne, on Jul 4 2010, 06:30 AM, said:

BTW Loke, how the heck are ya!

Fine thanks - been working on a map for the last 6 months but it's going painfully slow though. :)

View PostVinsaneOne, on Jul 4 2010, 06:30 AM, said:

Ah, I don't call myself a mapper but I did take a shot at it. Was frustrating as hell to me :)

Don't give up tho', keep at it. Starting with something new that you've got no experience in is hard but in the end it's usually worth it. Besides I want to see what you've cooked up. :D

This post has been edited by Loke: 04 July 2010 - 03:45 AM

Some screenshots are to come.

User is offline   Spirrwell 

• tile 1018

View Postoporix, on Jul 4 2010, 01:54 PM, said:

Some screenshots are to come.

You get my PM?

Yep

• tile 1018

View Postoporix, on Jul 4 2010, 05:25 PM, said:

Yep

Yeah sorry about the texture crudity it has been a while and I don't know how to align the textures with out resizing/blurring them.

Dear people.

I am becoming sick, so I am not able to come and work on this project until WENSEDAY.
I am afraid that if I get worse it will be for even longer, so I hope that underTaker will take over until I get back. Thanks!

Sure, i'll do what i must. Hope you'll be allright soon!

This post has been edited by underTaker: 04 July 2010 - 11:54 PM

User is offline   Micky C 

• Honored Donor

can I join? I sent an email to oporix just now

View PostMicky C, on Jul 5 2010, 11:31 AM, said:

can I join? I sent an email to oporix just now

Sure You can, however cannot edit oporix's thread, so for few days (unless oporix will come back faster), you will not be on the list.

• Honored Donor

well that's hardly a problem, of course I don't really know what's happening... I'd be grateful if someone could enlighten me? I'll paste what I wrote in the email:

I was wondering if I could still join your new comers build project? I definitely fit into the category of a newb mapper: I've only just finished my first map which I'll publish soon and has taken me ages to do.

If I can still enter, what's the due date, theme etc...? and do we have to do it from scratch? because I've got bits and pieces of maps lying around which I might decide to use.

View PostMicky C, on Jul 5 2010, 03:05 PM, said:

well that's hardly a problem, of course I don't really know what's happening... I'd be grateful if someone could enlighten me? I'll paste what I wrote in the email:

I was wondering if I could still join your new comers build project? I definitely fit into the category of a newb mapper: I've only just finished my first map which I'll publish soon and has taken me ages to do.

If I can still enter, what's the due date, theme etc...? and do we have to do it from scratch? because I've got bits and pieces of maps lying around which I might decide to use.

I've PM'ed you with all the details. Have fun:)

Could you PM me those details as well please?

View PostHigh Treason, on Jul 5 2010, 05:59 PM, said:

Could you PM me those details as well please?

Allright, i've PMed you, however there is nothing special, just short summary of all the rules.

User is offline   Forge 

• Speaker of the Outhouse

Interested to see the end results of this project. Take your time, but don't let it die.

• Honored Donor

Don't worry, if anything, it's growing! I'm working on my piece right now and I'd say it's at least 30% done (it's probably over 50% but I'm bringing the % down in case I want to go detail crazy afterwards)

User is offline   Radar 

• King of SOVL

Could I be added as a member of this project? I forgot most of everything I knew when I first started mapping, but I have my first (unfinished) map that might be able to fit in this project. I still know the basics in mapping so I might be able to add changes to the piece if needed. Anyone interested?

View PostunderTaker, on Jul 5 2010, 12:17 PM, said:

Allright, i've PMed you, however there is nothing special, just short summary of all the rules.

I never got the rules either but I'm making a few changes to my map and need to know if there's a deadline. Would that be in the rules? Hmmm...

View PostVinsaneOne, on Jul 6 2010, 05:23 AM, said:

I never got the rules either but I'm making a few changes to my map and need to know if there's a deadline. Would that be in the rules? Hmmm...

I just meant short summary of all, that was said in this thread, and also degree of tags, we can use.

• Honored Donor

ok are we allowed to post pictures yet? I feel like putting up a sneak preview of the outside of one side of one of the buildings I've done to get motivational feedback to proceed, if that's ok. I just don't want to do anything without the other mappers.

Sure, post up something, but don't spoil everything:) I will post some screen as well

Here's my screen:
Posted Image

This post has been edited by underTaker: 06 July 2010 - 06:47 AM

That looks good, you're showing mine up. Anyhow, screenshots, just one, but the area has changed a bit since this one (taken yesterday).
Attached Image: dn0000.png

I'm at my mam's house so I might not finish the map until a bit later, but I will try to get my map and edit it on my laptop, maybe I will put a second screenshot up later (of the same area).

I've already added the dipswitch too, I think I did it in such a way that you can walk right past it but not realise it is there. I've had a hard time fixing some sprite problems when Software rendering is in use - but it seems OK now.

This post has been edited by High Treason: 06 July 2010 - 10:04 AM

• tile 1018

Damn your guys maps are awesome. I feel like such an amateur. Oh well.

Well, I just noticed my map is 100% done! Guess the touchups were done, thanks! Can't wait to see the finished project. Looks to be awesome!

View PostSpirrwell, on Jul 6 2010, 08:27 PM, said:

Damn your guys maps are awesome. I feel like such an amateur. Oh well.

This is CBP for new mappers :) This also is my first CBP and first map im going to release. This could be good expirience, that can teach us all something.

Radar1013 said:

Could I be added as a member of this project? I forgot most of everything I knew when I first started mapping, but I have my first (unfinished) map that might be able to fit in this project. I still know the basics in mapping so I might be able to add changes to the piece if needed. Anyone interested?

Hmm, i don't know how many people can we have in the project. However, i want as much people to be with us, as passible - You're in. I will PM you the rules. Later Oporix will add you, Micky C to the list.

Think I've pretty much finished my part, maybe a little texture alignment and stuff to do so I'll say 95% for now. I'm in a generous mood, so have a screenie - because I don't reckon I should post any more, seeing as it's such a small area. I put in a couple of random things, they serve no purpose at all, on a wall of crates I wrote a joke that nobody else is likely to understand - none of this is in the screenshot.
Attached Image: duke0013.png

• Honored Donor

aahh gee everyone else's looks so good... here's a pic of mine so far, and it doesn't show much for good reason :)

Posted Image

Share this topic:

• 13 Pages +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options