Duke4.net Forums: NB(C?)BP - Duke4.net Forums

• 13 Pages +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

NB(C?)BP  "Build project for new builders"

User is offline   Shawneth 

Hello everyone, my name is Shawneth (Formerly shawngreene1). Yesterday Forge gave me the idea to create a new comers build project.

It is simply a small build project that will have new comers parts like a regular CBP. If you have just learned about build/mapster/makemap/mapedit/LeBuild or any other editor then please join this project.

If you are interested then E-mail me: woowy_owwy@hotmail.com or PM me at the DNR (shawneth)

hope for the best! :)

This post has been edited by oporix: 05 August 2010 - 08:12 PM

User is offline   VinsaneOne 

You know, that sounds like a great idea.
I'm sure there's a lot of people like me who wouldn't ever show or release their maps for fear of being trashed to death about how good, or bad they are. Simply because too many people don't know how to be more of a help to new mappers. They'd rather put them down so badly and discourage Nb's rather than encourage them. And I have seen lots of that. Things like shading, lighting, detail, eye-candy and such are done real well by seasoned mappers. Sure we like seeing all that in the maps we play, but does that make it a good, enjoyable map? Not always. So what I'm saying that if a map lacks all the glitter, could it be still a great map to play? I think it's very possible.
Thats why I think this is a very good way to open the door for new, inexperienced mappers to get involved and show what they've got. Knowing they would be in the "CB4NB's" category, it would make it less competitive and easier for them to contribute. And who knows, we might discover some real good talent out of this as well. With a little help and some tweaking here and there, a NB just might become one of the great ones!
:)

Thanks VinsaneOne, I hope people will like this idea as much as me and you :).

Many people would enjoy this as long as we have enough people, because Duke Nukem is such an old game that many kids and even some adults don't play it therefor, not build for it :). Doesn't feel like this should have been done some time in 1998? I may have been 2 years old but the person who would do it may have a alot of people on his side. But if the year is 2010 then so be it to continue this project!

It looks like a good idea, it would be interesting to see what ended up in such a map. I've used Build before in Blood and SW but I'm new to mapping for Duke, so would I be eligible to take part in this? I'd feel kind of off about it though because I already have a fair amount of knowlege of Build itself.

Well in my book, your in because I am considerd a new mapper and I know like all of the effects and such, I am just a horrible designer :). But I defintly think your allowed in or else I am a horrible person :).

So far I think it's three people (including High Treason).

User is offline   underTaker 

Shaw - don't forget about me :)

User is offline   Spiker 

I'm really curious to see what you will come up with guys.

So post screenies when you you will have something.

View PostunderTaker, on Jul 2 2010, 11:21 AM, said:

Shaw - don't forget about me :)

UnderTaker, your in :).

Also note that Shawn Micheals got owned by you >:D

Got it Spiker

Also spiker, when the DNR is up you should probavly punch gamer56, he was trash-talking the infamous Scar city :).

User is offline   Spiker 

View Postoporix, on Jul 2 2010, 08:43 PM, said:

Also spiker, when the DNR is up you should probavly punch gamer56, he was trash-talking the infamous Scar city :).

What did he say? Anyway I consider Scar-city an unfinished project because at that time I was under pressure and I was rushing it just to release it. I'm still thinking of complete redesigning and expanding it. But my dream is also to polymerize and enhance Project-zero and make a few more high quality maps and release an episode. But we'll see.

He said that Scar city was boring and annoying, and Mikko started backing you up and saying he sucked but he called him an A-hole. That is when he also said that if Mikko created the map he should be ashamed. Lol, He also said that he played over 30,000 maps. I told him that the map had almost no flaws.

I loved that map, it's like one of my favorite, I don't think that you should remake it. In-fact, it's so good that ninjas will have breakfast on it.

This post has been edited by oporix: 02 July 2010 - 02:14 PM

User is offline   Spiker 

View Postoporix, on Jul 2 2010, 09:48 PM, said:

ninjas wioll have breakfast on it.

What? :) :)

And thanks, although I'm not fully satisified with it. Hmmm if you say so maybe I should leave it as it is and concentrate on something new.

This post has been edited by Spiker: 02 July 2010 - 12:28 PM

Huzzah!

So far we have a few people, if you are an older mapper with "Jesus" experiance then please remember to tell other people about this, it's hard to find new people for an older game.

@Vinny

In that message, you should be the one to edit the touch ups, it's your part man!
If you would like, I can say that it's good, I like the enemy numbers, Almost perfection!

So i'll leave the rest to you.

User is offline   Loke 

Good luck guys.

Ah, Vinsane you're in on this? Didn't know you mapped. :)

Thanks Loke!

User is offline   Spirrwell 

• tile 1018

Would I be eligible to participate? I created one map before, but I never officially released it Although the few people I shared it with kind of liked it. I know how it works and stuff, but I never gave it my all 100% try.

You defintley can!

• tile 1018

Great, but first is this a DM or Coop map project?

I think that this will support 4 player CO-OP and depending on how the map goes, we'll add a bonus jumbo room and make it a DM arena, but that is just my idea, everyone needs to agree.

• tile 1018

So we all just create one or two rooms and you will combine them all into one and add in spawn points?

User is offline   underTaker 

Hmm, sounds nice to me. Lets add something like hidden switch in everybody's part. When every switch is activated, there will be some enterance on the end of map (bonus part maybe?).

• tile 1018

View PostunderTaker, on Jul 3 2010, 12:42 PM, said:

Hmm, sounds nice to me. Lets add something like hidden switch in everybody's part. When every switch is activated, there will be some enterance on the end of map (bonus part maybe?).

A coop Dukematch map, that would be cool.

I like that idea, sounds like a special type of thing, if you ever played military madness, at the beginning of the map there is dukematch only switch which brings you to the duke match area, we put the switch near that table. plus that switch idea in every room. Both sounds good to me!

• tile 1018

This is beginning to remind me of that map I made all over again.

What may that be?

• tile 1018

arena1v4.map Like I said I never released the map officially.

Share this topic:

• 13 Pages +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options