Duke4.net Forums: NB(C?)BP - Duke4.net Forums

• 13 Pages +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

NB(C?)BP  "Build project for new builders"

User is offline   Shawneth 

Alright guys, i'll add Micky C and rader1013.

I am currently using my parents laptop so no sceenies for you (yet) :).

User is offline   Mikko 

• Honored Donor

So you're all building separately at the same time so that when you're done with the individual parts, the parts will then somehow be merged together?

Apparently you're saving a lot of time this way because you don't have to wait for the guy before you to finish your part before you can build. The downside is that you may lose a bit of consistency.

User is offline   underTaker 

When every part will be ready, we want to work a little more, to merge it with additional small parts that would fit perfectly - its up to our imagination :)

User is offline   Spirrwell 

• tile 1018

Well it seems to me like you all made full out maps, If I had known that I would've made a better one. I was worried that with too many big areas it might get too big to fit all of the mapster builds, I'll redo mine, but if I don't finish in time use my old one.

User is offline   Micky C 

• Honored Donor

It's ok Spirrwell all I'm planning on doing at the moment is (maybe a double storey) medium sized building resembling a small library/learning centre. It's only a building atm not a map in itself, so I hope it can be incorporated into somebody else's map section.

I'm assuming everyone's going to be using keycards? If so this level is going to have a lot of key cards...

Hmm, number of cards isn't really a problem.. I've been wondering if we can incorporate our parts somehow, however, both of us would need to edit it a bit.

• Honored Donor

is that due to the change in visual style or simply control of the player's progression? because this is the look I've changed it to recently and imo it looks good. Not sure what I'll do with the polymer lights though I might get rid of them if no one else is using them

Posted Image

edit: ok I'm definitely not putting up any more pics :)

This post has been edited by Micky C: 07 July 2010 - 06:17 AM

Well, i have sent you my part, area outside the hotel is end of my part, around are only skycrapers. Maybe if i'd remove the wall opposite the hotel, we can paste your part there. It would be good to try experiment with it. What do you think?

• Honored Donor

you mean outside the rotational door looking thing? yeah actually that'd probably be a good spot for it.

This is revolving door (the one, that only Chuck Norris can slam them). Could you PM your part to me? I'll try to incorporate it somehow.

• tile 1018

Well Micky C your idea is probably about 4 times bigger than my original. I don't think that I'll use keycards.

User is offline   Mikko 

• Honored Donor

Love the lighting in that picture!

• Honored Donor

Thanks Mikko_Sandt, perhaps I'll leave a few polymer lights in afterall as a bonus, but I'll make it predominantly sector based.

Undertaker, I've sent you the pm. I hope you can make something out of it, as for me I'll be going to bed as it's almost 1 am here in Australia.

I already made myself a good transaction. whoever is before me will teleport into that amazing star!

So sprirwell, if you want to redo yours I am going to set-back your number.

Micki C, do you want to be after underTaker? That way if a sewer is built it will look like a good connection, you seem to have an urban area and the connection will be belivable.

That map is looking good.

I was thinking maybe with maps that have buildings maybe we could put a street between each person's section, I remember in the early CBP's there just used to be a room with flashing lights between each setion.

Right now may section starts out the old way, a small room where a doorway would attach to the previous person's section while a second doorway enters my warehouse, at the end there is a duct that you leave through - obviously I can rework this as needed.

As for Polymer lights, I included some simple ones, I think everyone should do that if they can, plus it helps to stop people finding that dipswitch. I myself have not used keycards, it's a basic shoot stuff and use cranes (or gitches) to advance to the next part of the warehouse. I might actually try to set it up so you have to use keycards to activate some cranes - I have an idea on a way I might be able to get this going.

In a while I'll be back home so I should be able to fix the texture alignment and call mine done (except maybe some alterations that may need doing for it to attach to other sections) - when I finish I'm guessing Oporix or Undertaker will want it sending to them?

I may be the only one that finds it funny, but I keep hitting ALT+F5 and ALT+F6 wondering why this hasn't appeared only to remember that Duke relies on Hi/Lotags
Posted Image (Maybe this time I can get the image to appear, just edited like 5 times :) ]

This post has been edited by High Treason: 07 July 2010 - 08:53 AM

• tile 1018

View Postoporix, on Jul 7 2010, 12:49 PM, said:

So sprirwell, if you want to redo yours I am going to set-back your number.

Set me back at about 30%. I've been working on it since this morning.

• tile 1018

Anyway what tags can I use? I'm putting in some explosives.

This may sound crazy, try using some of the 1000 - 2000 tags. Also, that picture looks alot like... BLOOD?! It does look like it though. Or at least mapedit.

Also, I <3 dopefish.

User is offline   VinsaneOne 

If this gets too be a very large map, (too large) would it be put into 2 episodes? That would solve that limitation problem. Not doubting you had thought of that already. My map has grown since sending in the original. Will have it finished in a day or two and send it to you for a beta test, though it was tested extensively last night for about 5 hrs straight. And now it's in two versions, SP and MP.
Oh, and oporix, glad to see your feeling better!

This post has been edited by VinsaneOne: 07 July 2010 - 10:51 AM

• tile 1018

View Postoporix, on Jul 7 2010, 02:47 PM, said:

This may sound crazy, try using some of the 1000 - 2000 tags.

Okay, thank you.

I don't think we will get outsite the 4096 sectors and 16384 sprites and walls limits, so don't worry about the limits guys.

oporix said:

This may sound crazy, try using some of the 1000 - 2000 tags. Also, that picture looks alot like... BLOOD?! It does look like it though. Or at least mapedit.

It is, remember when I said I had mapped for Blood before, that's what I'm on about in my post, it's second nature for me to try and do things like I would in Blood but that dialog doesn't exist in Duke.

Anyhow, I just finished work on my map, I can't find any big problems myself. I changed the entry point to a street because I think it makes it easier to join it to someone elses section. So do I now need to send you my map oporix?

• Honored Donor

Yeah the whole joining thing is going to be a big issue. A quick look at the possibility of me joining mine to underTaker's has revealed a big problem that his outside paralaxed ceiling is much, much higher than my outside paralax ceiling, so if you look at his building from the opposite side of my building, there's a whole column of skybox where his hotel should be. There are only two solutions to this that I can think of at the top of my head, 1: he makes his lower, and 2: my library should be on much higher ground. The second option is probably preferable, we could make it that my library is at the end of an uphill road or something.

• tile 1018

View PostMicky C, on Jul 7 2010, 09:10 PM, said:

Yeah the whole joining thing is going to be a big issue. A quick look at the possibility of me joining mine to underTaker's has revealed a big problem that his outside paralaxed ceiling is much, much higher than my outside paralax ceiling, so if you look at his building from the opposite side of my building, there's a whole column of skybox where his hotel should be. There are only two solutions to this that I can think of at the top of my head, 1: he makes his lower, and 2: my library should be on much higher ground. The second option is probably preferable, we could make it that my library is at the end of an uphill road or something.

Well you could join your's with someone else's and also why join them now? If we wait until the end we can see which pieces better fit each other.

This post has been edited by Spirrwell: 07 July 2010 - 05:46 PM

User is offline   Radar 

• King of SOVL

Here's a shot of an area in my part so far. My plan was to make that fountain look like blood since the level was originally supposed to be a crude alien hideout, but I'm not sure if that fits or even makes sense at all. I may turn it to a fountain of toxic waste, since my part is a factory type building anyway.

Attached thumbnail(s)

• Attached Image: map.jpg

This post has been edited by Radar1013: 07 July 2010 - 06:57 PM

Some screenshots....

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

User is offline   OpenMaw 

• Judge Mental

View PostVinsaneOne, on Jul 7 2010, 09:52 PM, said:

Some screenshots....

Posted Image

Look out! Its the Grass Baloon! Duke is going green!

View PostCommando Nukem, on Jul 8 2010, 02:24 AM, said:

Look out! Its the Grass Balloon! Duke is going green!

But Duke asked for a Gas balloon! Those alien bastards fucked with his transmission of the message!
It flies better than that downed petrified jet though....

This post has been edited by VinsaneOne: 08 July 2010 - 01:13 AM

User is offline   OpenMaw 

• Judge Mental

View PostVinsaneOne, on Jul 8 2010, 02:09 AM, said:

But Duke asked for a Gas balloon! Thoes alien bastards fucked with his transmission of the message!

That's gonna suck when he prepares for take off.

• Honored Donor

View PostSpirrwell, on Jul 8 2010, 11:16 AM, said:

Well you could join your's with someone else's and also why join them now? If we wait until the end we can see which pieces better fit each other.

Well the outside of mine isn't going to change, only the rooms inside, so that allows us to see if we can at least fit in now so we don't have to worry about it later.

Hey VisaneOne, you one of those picks has an outdoor area that my library would easily fit into, I'm not sure if that's going to be a believable transition or not, but in terms of physical integration it looks like it could be easy.

Share this topic:

• 13 Pages +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options