Duke4.net Forums: An eDuke32 Blood TC - Duke4.net Forums

• 3 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

An eDuke32 Blood TC  "For fucks sake lets get it together"

User is offline   Mblackwell 

• Evil Overlord

Blood has slightly different movement code and objects have different inertia. It's why blood feels so "smooth". It would take a heck of a lot of tweaking to get it right in Duke (with much arguing) without seeing what the numbers actually are. There are a lot of other little details as well. Honestly, pretty much any feature in Blood can be done in EDuke32, even just in CON code, but without knowing what something was originally it's a lot of shooting in the dark and haggling over what SEEMS to be correct.

User is offline   Evil Ash 

In regards to the Blood speculating above, about the plot - Blood is my favourite game ever.

Caleb was killed by Tchernobog, and then brought back to life by Tchernobog. The "I live again" quote is a reference from Army of Darkness.
When he came back from the dead, he needed to eat the life essence of others to stay alive - which was Tchernobog's plan. By killing Ophelia, it drove Caleb to his throneroom looking for revenge. But Tchernobog planned to have Caleb sacrificed so he could gain all the power Caleb collected and rule the world. Dun dun dun...

I love the plotline for Blood so much. Very dramatic and ahead of other FPS game at the time.

Anyways that's that. I guess afterwards he became a port of 'The Chosen' and is called upon whenever evil tried to rule Earth or something ala Blood 2 but who cares about that Blood 2 was lame.

User is offline   Gambini 

Blood 2 was lame.

Indeed. Blood 1 is a millon times better than Blood 2. In every way you can think of.

User is offline   Evil Ash 

Even graphically.

*high five*

User is offline   DNSKILL5 

• Honored Donor

when i said caleb and duke together, it would be good idea. blood 2 took place in future.
and yeah the coding is very different, but still should be considerd.

Maybe editing directly the eduke32.exe would be better?(con arrangement are needed too but...)

I don't know,but someone made a port called "erampage" who is working correctly...so maybe "eblood" would be better than "Eduke32 : Blood"

User is offline   DNSKILL5 

• Honored Donor

View PostKenny mckormick, on May 1 2010, 01:58 AM, said:

Maybe editing directly the eduke32.exe would be better?(con arrangement are needed too but...)

I don't know,but someone made a port called "erampage" who is working correctly...so maybe "eblood" would be better than "Eduke32 : Blood"

you cant call it eblood, it is not REALY blood. if source code is released, then you could.

IMHO, as we wait for the source code to be released, a sort of "Eduke Blood" TC, with enemies, weapons, textures and sounds from Blood would be great. A sort of Blood without the maps of the original game. Obviously, there will be the usual problem : finding mappers who're motivated enough to create new maps for this TC.

User is offline   supergoofy 

eBlood can never happen without Blood's source or heavy reverse engineering. Anyone interested in reverse engineering of Blood ? :D :P

eRampage is easier to be developed, because it doesn't have con code hardcoded to the exe, like Blood. Redneck Rampage has con files and has similarities with Duke3D. Still though it needs a lot of work. Thanks to eduke32's advanced con engine, this lots of work has been reduced.

User is offline   Daedolon 

• Ancient Blood God

Aren't the two ones being made enough?

Any progress here? Are there any active projects?

User is offline   Gambini 

Not sure why there are two threads but this TC is being worked on and it´s already a lot like playing Blood:

http://forums.duke4....2/page__st__480

View PostGambini, on 19 March 2012 - 07:45 PM, said:

Not sure why there are two threads but this TC is being worked on and it´s already a lot like playing Blood:

http://forums.duke4....2/page__st__480

Weird, not sure how I didn't find that thread in the search...my mistake. Thank you!

User is offline   m210® 

Btw, news of BloodTC you can see on my sitе, m210.ucoz.ru
I'm working on some effects with sprites now, and in near future I'll complete maps from 1 episode.

This post has been edited by M210: 20 March 2012 - 11:02 PM

User is offline   Striker 

• Auramancer

Well, there is always this too, guys: http://www.xlengine.com

Once the source is ready for that, Lucius (Who is a master at reverse-engineering, I may add...) could use a hand with the engine.

This post has been edited by StrikerMan780: 25 March 2012 - 10:40 AM

User is offline   zZaRDoZz 

View PostStrikerMan780, on 25 March 2012 - 10:37 AM, said:

Well, there is always this too, guys: http://www.xlengine.com

Once the source is ready for that, Lucius (Who is a master at reverse-engineering, I may add...) could use a hand with the engine.

Lucius has fallen on hard times of late, he even has others posting for him.

He's a great guy but took on way too much in the way of responsibilities.

User is online   NightFright 

• The Truth is in here

You need to hurry, or the folks over at the ZDoom forums will beat you to it:
http://forum.zdoom.o...hp?f=19&t=27258

After years of ignorance, it seems Blood finally receives the attention it is deserves to get. Two TCs and a port in the works, a miracle we lived long enough to see that day!

This post has been edited by NightFright: 26 March 2012 - 11:56 PM

User is offline   Diaz 

I still play Blood from time to time and to me it's the best "run-and-gun" FPS that has ever existed, period.
Keep up the good work on this TC, and don't give up!

User is offline   zZaRDoZz 

View PostNightFright, on 26 March 2012 - 11:56 PM, said:

You need to hurry, or the folks over at the ZDoom forums will beat you to it:
http://forum.zdoom.o...hp?f=19&t=27258

After years of ignorance, it seems Blood finally receives the attention it is deserves to get. Two TCs and a port in the works, a miracle we lived long enough to see that day!

Zblood+ has a looonng ways to go. The Eduke32 variants are ahead of other efforts.

Share this topic:

• 3 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options