• Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Duke Nukem: War of Attrition  "Discussion thread for DT's War of Attrition mod"

User is offline   FistMarine 

edit

This post has been edited by FistMarine: 11 December 2016 - 06:33 AM

User is offline   xenoxols 

Are the levels still in the wrong order?

User is offline   ozelot47 

Thank you for the new Update. I like this Mod. But unfortunately i have to start from zero after unlocking all skills and perks :)

I played 189 Missions and that is the result :)

Attached thumbnail(s)

• Attached Image: Unbenannt.jpg

The upgrade chart seems to be exactly the same as before :/

BTW nine thousand armor upgrades, yikes O_O

This post has been edited by thedrawliner: 20 October 2015 - 07:35 AM

User is online   Danukem 

• Duke Plus Developer

View Postozelot47, on 20 October 2015 - 07:18 AM, said:

Thank you for the new Update. I like this Mod. But unfortunately i have to start from zero after unlocking all skills and perks :)

I played 189 Missions and that is the result :)

That screenshot is from a previous version. In the new version, there are no perks for increasing nuke power, because nuke power increases with player level. Instead, there are new perks for hazard immunity and armor regen. The weapon leveling has not been changed, by the way.

User is offline   stumppy84 

This is great! I love Attrition! It's good to see that you are still making updates. I started playing it but I can't seem to get the "page up" button to work in game.? Any ideas on what I could try?

User is offline   K-Bone 

View Poststumppy84, on 21 October 2015 - 04:52 PM, said:

This is great! I love Attrition! It's good to see that you are still making updates. I started playing it but I can't seem to get the "page up" button to work in game.? Any ideas on what I could try?

Rebinding the key worked for me.

User is online   Danukem 

• Duke Plus Developer

View PostK-Bone, on 21 October 2015 - 06:58 PM, said:

Rebinding the key worked for me.

Yes, thank you for reminding me about that. I believe it's an EDuke32 bug. If you have a custom function that has not been assigned in the cfg file, then it will not work until you bind it, even if the game reports that the function is controlled by a certain key (as inherited by whatever function the custom one is replacing).

User is offline   stumppy84 

Thanks for the answer! That works!

User is online   Danukem 

• Duke Plus Developer

For anyone interested, the attached con files fix some bugs and balance issues. As with all code updates, it will invalidate saved games (i.e. saved games will not use the new code).

User is offline   Rhaisher 

DT, just letting you know that the download link (which seems to be the one used in your 'Fissile Materials' webpage) is down and that I'm really looking forward to try the new version out. :)

User is offline   Player Lin 

--
Not Found

The requested URL /attrition/attrition1_7b.zip was not found on this server.
--

http://fissile.duke4...n/attrition.zip

This one still working but since it's so slow on my end so I cannot download to check what version it is... :|

EDIT : I finally downloaded it and NO, it's from last year so I guess you have to wait DT reupload 1.7b or new version...

This post has been edited by Player Lin: 27 October 2015 - 06:31 AM

User is online   Danukem 

• Duke Plus Developer

http://www.moddb.com...ition/downloads

Use the Mod DB link for now.

EDIT: I had some trouble the other day when I was trying to upload an update. The connection kept resetting and I had to start it over several times. Finally, I thought it had succeeded...evidently it had not. For now I have changed the link on Fissile Materials so that it goes to the Mod DB download page. I don't really see a downside to just leaving it that way. Incidentally, I have also created a forum on Mod DB for Attrition discussion. I don't foresee it having much traffic, but it's there if anyone wants to use it to report bugs or whatever.

This post has been edited by Trooper Dan: 27 October 2015 - 08:25 AM

User is offline   Rhaisher 

Such fast-paced action. I had a blast playing through a complete set of 'Random Missions'. Will try the 'WoA' episode later to check how the changes affect it. :D

Anyway... does the nuke radius ever increase? I fought a Queen as the 'final boss' in one of the later levels of the 'Random Missions' episode at Player Level 16 and, even then, the explosion wasn't as big as I remember it (I don't know if this is intentional or not). :) I read that its power increase along with the level the player is at, but I'm not sure if the radius is affected in the same way or even if it doesn't increase at all. Given the new way to acquire the ability to launch a nuke attack... it would be easy to abuse it in a level that have tons of enemies. :)

The armor regen perk is very nice, BTW! :)

User is online   Danukem 

• Duke Plus Developer

View PostRhaiNuk, on 27 October 2015 - 01:09 PM, said:

Such fast-paced action. I had a blast playing through a complete set of 'Random Missions'. Will try the 'WoA' episode later to check how the changes affect it. :D

Anyway... does the nuke radius ever increase? I fought a Queen as the 'final boss' in one of the later levels of the 'Random Missions' episode at Player Level 16 and, even then, the explosion wasn't as big as I remember it (I don't know if this is intentional or not). :) I read that its power increase along with the level the player is at, but I'm not sure if the radius is affected in the same way or even if it doesn't increase at all. Given the new way to acquire the ability to launch a nuke attack... it would be easy to abuse it in a level that have tons of enemies. :)

The armor regen perk is very nice, BTW! :)

Yes nuke power and radius increase with player level, but only a small amount per level. Overall, I nerfed the nukes quite a bit. With the player getting 2% nuke energy per monster kill with no need to pick up orbs, it powers up quite quickly. As you pointed out, it would be easy to abuse if it had the power as it did before. I also made it so that you cannot stockpile them...you can only carry 1 now. Oddly enough, this was inspired by playing Destiny, where the player gets a single grenade that recharges.

User is offline   Helixhorned 

• EDuke32 Developer

Just a minor remark concerning ATTDEFS.CON, line 1659:

Instead of
definelevelname 2 20 attmaps/JMW-SP1.map 12:00 0600 JMW-SP1

it should read
definelevelname 2 20 attmaps/JMW-SP1.map 12:00 06:00 JMW-SP1

(added a ':'). C-CON silently parses the time incorrectly, LunaCON issues a syntax error.

User is online   Danukem 

• Duke Plus Developer

View PostHelixhorned, on 31 October 2015 - 11:29 AM, said:

Just a minor remark concerning ATTDEFS.CON, line 1659:

Thank you. Fixed that, and some other changes:

• nerfed the stun time and effective distance of blinding flashes (from upgraded pipebombs, etc.)
  • starting a double jump close enough to the ground will now prevent falling damage
  • finished removing the Amp Damage inventory item from game; it was overpowered and unnecessary
  • EGG can no longer be a player ally -- was was getting weird and meta

New cons are attached. I will update the main file on Mod DB when more changes have accumulated.

View PostTrooper Dan, on 31 October 2015 - 01:30 PM, said:

New cons are attached. I will update the main file on Mod DB when more changes have accumulated.

Maybe it's silly question...do I needed restart my game again(discard old savegames) to make the new changes take effects?

User is online   Danukem 

• Duke Plus Developer

View PostPlayer Lin, on 01 November 2015 - 08:04 AM, said:

Maybe it's silly question...do I needed restart my game again(discard old savegames) to make the new changes take effects?

Yes. By the way, there is a forum at Mod DB now. It would be a good place to discuss future developments.

User is offline   Sixty Four 

• Turok Nukem

First off wanted to say always liked this mod for good fast paced action fun just left review on moddb :)

I wanted to try out one of my maps using this mod I thought it would be a good fit for it I had a blast on it I hardly survive it :) Go to youtube to watch 60fps

User is online   Danukem 

• Duke Plus Developer

View PostSixty Four, on 03 November 2015 - 10:15 AM, said:

First off wanted to say always liked this mod for good fast paced action fun just left review on moddb :)

I wanted to try out one of my maps using this mod I thought it would be a good fit for it I had a blast on it I hardly survive it :) Go to youtube to watch 60fps

Very nice! By the way I will include that map and any others of yours that you think would go well with this mod in my next release, if that's ok. I enjoyed the video but it kind of drove me crazy that you didn't spend any of your perk points (although obviously you didn't need to).

I am finally adding that new enemy with sprite edits by Jet_Nick. It's turning out very well. Hoping to have a release with the new enemy by early next week.

• Turok Nukem

I would have no problem putting this map in there, imo it fit very well but I did add some ammo for its sake. So I could send you an update of it along with a few other maps I have in mind if they fit in well I will test/update them first this weekend most likely. Would be an honor though hehe :) Yeah I should have used the perks and updates screen and stuff on the video, it makes it more bad ass as you go on but honestly I had so much fun in the map its literally non stop action pretty much so I just got lost in playing it like this and kept going :)

User is offline   Forge 

• Speaker of the Outhouse

one of my maps was added to some edition of this mod awhile back. getting my ass handed to me by my own map was interesting.

User is online   Danukem 

• Duke Plus Developer

View PostSixty Four, on 03 November 2015 - 04:39 PM, said:

I would have no problem putting this map in there, imo it fit very well but I did add some ammo for its sake. So I could send you an update of it along with a few other maps I have in mind if they fit in well I will test/update them first this weekend most likely. Would be an honor though hehe :) Yeah I should have used the perks and updates screen and stuff on the video, it makes it more bad ass as you go on but honestly I had so much fun in the map its literally non stop action pretty much so I just got lost in playing it like this and kept going :)

Yes please send along any updates you have. Also, I like the music that comes with your level, but I've noticed that with oggs being included with most user maps these days, more than half of the mod's download size is taken up by music. Would it be acceptable to use midi tracks for your maps?

View PostForge, on 03 November 2015 - 06:22 PM, said:

one of my maps was added to some edition of this mod awhile back. getting my ass handed to me by my own map was interesting.

Duke 6-8? It's the level with lots of flooded underwater areas. One of the few maps like that which I like (I'm usually not a fan of watery levels).

User is offline   Forge 

• Speaker of the Outhouse

that was the map. Probably the only decent map I made - even though movement in a few areas is a bit wonky because of the excessive sprite-work.

I was playing the progressive portion of the mod that loaded a random single-player map, each map keeps getting tougher enemies, and the player is to get as far as they can for a high score. Was up there pretty high in the number of maps completed (just over 20 iirc), then my map came up. I was like, cool, I'll blow though this thing - Got to the top of the ramp to get on the dam - all the troopers had been replaced by those big robots - and they were just sitting there waiting for me to pop my little greasy head over the peak so they could gang rape me. I managed to get past them and down into the dam, but they had jacked me up so bad I didn't make it much further.

This post has been edited by Forge: 04 November 2015 - 07:27 AM

I see some bugs still exists on latest version of WoD...

1. The new game always starts with Mission Two, except Original Levels episode, always on Mission One when run new game, other episodes/game modes always start at Mission Two as the first playable level.
(Random Mission episode's startup level "0:00 START" always shows the normal end-level statistics after it ends)

2. The value of "completed missions" display in automap still overlaying itself(make it too hard to read)

3. If shooting the pistol's ammo with its alt-fire and you get a new weapons the same time, it'll be stuck and keep shooting the pistol alt-fire and may let you cannot shooting new weapons, but you have infinite of pistol shots with high ROF keeps shooting your targets until you switch to pistol to fix it...

4. Autosave in High Score Challenge episode never works, no autosave at all, even the option showed it's on, I'm not sure if it intended or not, since nothing about this wrote on changelog...

5. Some levels shows the "0:00 <Map name>" as level name, I guess it's because recently versions of eduke32...

6. Start new game with "User map" episode, but it'll throw player back to main menu, and autosave still made, load the autosave, it seems the game didn't define well, just normal Duke game without those Mission X blah blah...I think the autosave should be disabled in there to prevent player loads the improper "user map episode" savegame. :)

7. Autosave will happens if choose a episode can do autosave, and then open main menu and select "Quit to title". If load the savegame made by autosave, you'll got a blank level with a totally black of triangle room.

EDIT : I feel the shock cannon may overpowered or just too many ammo drops...on some levels I even only use it to clear all of enemies because the game keep drops its ammo...

This post has been edited by Player Lin: 04 November 2015 - 08:14 AM

User is online   Danukem 

• Duke Plus Developer

I have just made some changes that will help with the more serious of the problems listed above:

• Autosave will not occur at the beginning of a map unless the player has already beat at least one map in that game.
  • Altfire on the pistol will immediately stop if the player switches to another weapon (this can only happen if the player picks up another weapon while the pistol is alt-firing)
  • Shock ammo only gives 15 ammo now, not 20.

User is online   Danukem 

• Duke Plus Developer

It was a year and a half ago that Jet_Nick did these excellent sprite edits:

Posted Image

It took me a long time to get around to it, but I finally coded the enemy. The armored trooper is featured in the most recent update of Attrition.

He's a stronger version of the liztroop, with several new weapon variants. If you shoot him in the upper body with hitscan, there is a 50% chance that the bullet will be harmlessly deflected by his armor.

User is offline   Mike Norvak 

• Music Producer

I wonder if you can include this map in your woa mode, and other recent maps from megaton workshop.

http://www.scent-88....H/hunt/hunt.php

It had almost no impact on the community.

• Turok Nukem

View PostMike Norvak, on 09 November 2015 - 03:11 PM, said:

I wonder if you can include this map in your woa mode, and other recent maps from megaton workshop.

http://www.scent-88....H/hunt/hunt.php

It had almost no impact on the community.

Norvak that's just because its a dm map, and the mp was getting more scarce by the minute. Besides a lot of dm players are overly competitive about who is the best rather then how good a map is. I know that map for sure I played it and I am sure others do to it has very good structures, layout, a pacman effect, and the everlasting arrrggghhhing drop lol.

El Paso map would be fun to though, both of those maps would be great there in that mode.

http://www.scent-88....paso/elpaso.php

This post has been edited by Sixty Four: 09 November 2015 - 03:36 PM

Share this topic:

• 39 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options