• Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Duke 64 mod thread

User is offline   MusicallyInspired 

• The Sarien Encounter

http://www.resurgenc...kenukem.com.br/

View PostMusicallyInspired, on Dec 29 2010, 12:12 PM, said:

hey nice site.. where can i download the episodes and maps.. i only got the one from the 3 gig dukenukem pack higress

please can you make two things?

1 ability to have highress render cause it works when i play from level select with highress

2. the ability to have duke pluss and dnf4 ?

that would make this the ultimate duke nukem conversion ever for me atleast

This post has been edited by minidueknukem: 29 December 2010 - 02:52 PM

User is offline   Jimmy 

• Let's go Brandon!

Do me a favour and learn to spell and construct coherent sentences. Thank you.

Do me a favour and shut up captain awesome.

User is offline   Hendricks266 

• Weaponized Autism

View Postminidueknukem, on Dec 29 2010, 04:51 PM, said:

the ability to have duke pluss ?

That's not a trivial thing to do, and it would no longer be Duke Nukem 64.

View Postminidueknukem, on Dec 29 2010, 04:51 PM, said:

dnf4

?

View PostJhect, on Dec 29 2010, 04:59 PM, said:

Posted Image

This post has been edited by Hendricks266: 29 December 2010 - 03:57 PM

View Postminidueknukem, on Dec 29 2010, 10:51 PM, said:

Nonsensical ravings...

OK, and while you wait, you can purchase a legal copy of Duke Nukem 3D and take a few English classes.

User is offline   Fox 

• Fraka kaka kaka kaka-kow!

View Postminidueknukem, on Dec 29 2010, 08:51 PM, said:

1 ability to have highress render cause it works when i play from level select with highress

It should work with Highres pack.

Of course the new textures, weapons, etc won't have an highres version unless someone does it. :rolleyes:

View Postminidueknukem, on Dec 29 2010, 08:51 PM, said:

2. the ability to have duke pluss and dnf4 ?

That won't happen.

DukePlus is a unrelated code, and I would spent half of my life to make it compatible and the rest of the life trying to catch up with DukePlus updates... you got it

• Weaponized Autism

View PostFox, on Dec 29 2010, 08:00 PM, said:

trying to catch up with DukePlus updates

I have successfully gotten my add-on HRPs to run as mutators for DP, although a Duke 64 mod would probably be more complex.

User is offline   Jimmy 

• Let's go Brandon!

View PostJhect, on Dec 29 2010, 05:59 PM, said:

Nah, I'm good. I'm not going to be nice to some noob asshole pirate who comes in here expecting everyone to decode the random bullshit he writes.

User is offline   Lunick 

Aww, I thought there was a progress report :/

User is offline   ReaperMan 

View PostCaptain Awesome, on Dec 30 2010, 01:36 AM, said:

I'm not going to be nice to some noob asshole pirate who comes in here expecting everyone to decode the random bullshit he writes.

But it's good practice for when DNF comes out because there will be more like him.

User is offline   Jimmy 

• Let's go Brandon!

Ah, they will get much the same treatment.

User is offline   Fox 

View PostCaptain Awesome, on Dec 30 2010, 02:36 AM, said:

Nah, I'm good. I'm not going to be nice to some noob asshole pirate who comes in here expecting everyone to decode the random bullshit he writes.

I really don't see anything wrong with what he said...

Guest_refluX1k_*

looks pretty cool, it'll look cooler with polymer provided it's compatible with it. can't wait to play this and duke3d reloaded. and of of course... dnf (only 3-4 months to go hopefully.)

User is offline   Falco 

I have downs, ignore this message.

This post has been edited by Falco: 22 January 2011 - 09:36 AM

User is offline   Lunick 

View PostFalco, on Jan 15 2011, 04:28 PM, said:

Someone else is going to have to do Shaft, I give up on it. I can't find a version of the BUILD editor that isn't complete trash and crashes every 5 minutes for no apparent reason. I mean, Hammer for HL1/Source is an awful map editor, but Mapster takes the cake for being complete crap. The DOS version of the BUILD editor was probably the best; It crashed too, but the crashes were predictable and you could avoid them by not doing something inordinately stupid like imploding a sector in on itself. Sadly, I don't have the room or patience to setup a old Win98/DOS machine just for Duke development, it just isn't worth my time with the other stuff on my plate.

With Mapster, you can literally be doing nothing with it and it will just vanish from the screen and crash. I LOL hard at the devs who say Mapster/Eduke32 is the best build/duke port out there. They may be the only one left with the most development, but they're FAR from the best.

Do you have whats left of your map if you did any?

User is offline   Falco 

View PostLunick, on Jan 15 2011, 12:31 AM, said:

Do you have whats left of your map if you did any?

I probably still have it on my laptop. There really wasn't much more than what you saw in those screenshots though. All I managed to do before Mapster failed was some texture and lighting work, and added a few sprites. I can post what I have if I still have it, but you'd be better off starting from scratch, unless you just want something for reference.

User is offline   Lunick 

View PostFalco, on Jan 15 2011, 05:24 PM, said:

I probably still have it on my laptop. There really wasn't much more than what you saw in those screenshots though. All I managed to do before Mapster failed was some texture and lighting work, and added a few sprites. I can post what I have if I still have it, but you'd be better off starting from scratch, unless you just want something for reference.

I was only asking so that maybe someone here would pick it up (I can't map) but since you don't have much it probably wont matter.

User is offline   Falco 

View PostLunick, on Jan 15 2011, 01:50 AM, said:

I was only asking so that maybe someone here would pick it up (I can't map) but since you don't have much it probably wont matter.

Always a good time to learn :P

User is offline   Falco 

Well I spoke too soon about build. I found an extremely hacky way to make it work without failing.

In celebration of build being cooperative, I went on a 9 hour mapping spree.

http://www.mediafire...y5ee1vwlfdjv77e

Feel free to scream the textures aren't 100% maligned or texture differences or the map isn't finished or whatever.

There's a secret room in the N64 version that I can't find. It involves the top room in the shaft, in the sloping hallways in the back of it (where the heat seeking missiles are) if you stand on the red X, I can hear a door opening. I found the wall in the corner is a secret door, but the X doesn't open it. There seem to be several red X's in the map, is it like a multi-player effort to stand on all of the Xs to open the secret room?

User is offline   Jimmy 

• Let's go Brandon!

If I remember right, all players stand on all the X's to open a secret area that leads to a secret DM map.

User is offline   Fox 

Yes that is correct.

That was a considerable bad idea from the developers. It's hardly for someone own 4 control pads. Not to mention that it requires the collaboration of opposing players which kills the death-match.

In my childhood I always imagined that was were the secret for Noctis Labyrinthus was, but was unable to reach it. Lucky the map was unlockable through cheat codes.

User is offline   Falco 

I tested the secret a few hours ago in Shaft, and you can open the secret with just two people. Just get one person to stand ready at the door and open one at a time. The door the player is standing under won't close so you have a small void between doors. The other person just has to go around to the various touchplate red Xs and step on them in sequence.

User is offline   Jimmy 

• Let's go Brandon!

For some reason, I have six N64 controllers, and no multi-tap.

User is offline   Shawneth 

View Post-=SomeThingEviL=-, on Aug 17 2010, 02:59 PM, said:

Hello All Duke Nukem 64 FANS. My first post on this forum. It is I SomeThingEviL, Here with some info on my map progress. Its been slow, and it even stopped for a few months. But IT WILL NEVER COME TO A END...Not until I've finished all the maps that need to be worked on.

Its hard for me to put a lot of time into one mod or map project. I always find something that's fun or interesting and get sidetracked.

Lately its been starcraft 2 that's had my attention. A month or two before the release of starcraft 2, I Found a way to play the beta offline(with A.I) without a cd key. The beta also had a build editor for starcraft 2!!! That Is way there hasn't been any info or updates about my duke nuke 64 maps. It is also why I have not done any work on the maps. It was just to much fun to play with the starcraft 2 beta and map editor(and before the game was even out). Now that I've had my fun with the Full Starcraft 2 game and map editor I'll get back to my Duke 64 maps.

Anyway for all you patient Duke Nuke 64 fans Here are 2 maps. They are Work in progress and not finished. The first is L.A Rumble. The other is Rabid Transit.

L.A Rumble WIP http://www.megaupload.com/?d=PX4US7AZ

Rabid Transit WIP http://www.megaupload.com/?d=XN7DTV8O

L.A Rumble Is about 75 to 85 % done.

Rabid Transit Is about 15 to 20 % done.

I am also working on area 51. There are not many changes in that one. So its hard to say how far done it is. I'm not uploading that one right now(to few changes).

I also need some help with the UFO on L.A rumble. The problem is with the speed sprite that makes the UFO spin at the right speed. The sectors right below the UFO need to drop to the ground at the same speed as the building sector around them. But the sectors under the UFO drop to slow, they already have a speed sprite in them that makes the UFO spin at the right speed. IS THERE A WAY to use 2 speed sprites in one sector,one that makes the ceiling rotate at the right speed and one to make the floor drop at the right speed. I just don't know how to have the sector that's rotating on the ceiling also drop the floor down, at different speeds.

If you do not understand, say so and I'll try and explain it better, maybe with pictures.

Anyway, If someone could recreate the effect on a new map, so I could see how to do it, or tell me if it cant be done the same in the PC Duke Nukem. It would be a big help.

I just noticed this post, Area 51 has a police station, as I recall, I am sitting next to my older 64 game cartage, I need an Nintendo now!

User is offline   Jack 

Man I'm liken this project. So, are we passed "80% overall complete" marker on the official website yet? So much nostalgia looking at this *sniff* brings a tear of joy to my eye. And damn I loved the heat seeker rocket upgrades.. So much laughs in Multiplayer!

User is offline   Jack 

View Postoporix, on Jan 23 2011, 11:06 AM, said:

I just noticed this post, Area 51 has a police station, as I recall, I am sitting next to my older 64 game cartage, I need an Nintendo now!

It's not really a police station, it is more like a guard post. Has a little gate and fence right next to it. But, Area51 reminds me of the first level of the 4th Episode "The Birth" called "It's Impossible." As both have the same main entrances and similar rooms, just more areas in the N64 version. To me it's gotta be one big conversion.

User is offline   Falco 

Shaft almost done, just need to finish the 3 underwater areas and connect the teleporters.

Posted Image

But I've been informed that it won't be part of this Duke 64 remake because I added a couple of lights, aligned textures and made sure nothing was stretched out and garbled. There was also that one floor texture I changed too..

http://www.mediafire...6xegovemc68w8d6

• Weaponized Autism

View PostFalco, on Jan 24 2011, 04:51 PM, said:

But I've been informed that it won't be part of this Duke 64 remake because I added a couple of lights, aligned textures and made sure nothing was stretched out and garbled. There was also that one floor texture I changed too..

I'd have to disagree with whoever told you that. You tweaked some little stuff, so what? Allow a little bit of artistic license.

User is offline   Falco 

I've been talking with Fox via PM and he wants absolutely zero changes from the N64 game to the PC version.

But don't change the map, the mod is intended to be exact like the original :(

Duke 64 is almost 14 years old and we aren't constrained by a crap R4300i and RDP with limited graphical capability. We should be able to make the port better and more detailed than the original game, not the same.

If you truly want a map with crap stretched and maligned textures, you can destroy the nice facelift I do to the map after I'm done with it.

Well, I cannot use the map if it is not like the original...

Straight from the horses' mouth.

Share this topic:

• 12 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options