• 12 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Duke 64 mod thread

User is offline   Hendricks266 

• Weaponized Autism

Fox, isn't improving upon Duke 64 already the spirit of the mod? Anybody could fire up Project 64 and play a 100% accurate Duke 64.

It's not like these are big differences.

This post has been edited by Hendricks266: 24 January 2011 - 05:48 PM

User is offline   Jack 

View PostHendricks266, on Jan 24 2011, 05:48 PM, said:

Fox, isn't improving upon Duke 64 already the spirit of the mod? Anybody could fire up Project 64 and play a 100% accurate Duke 64.

It's not like these are big differences.

Interesting, but it would be far better if it were it's own base game. Like the Duke3DAtomic GRP file. That would allow it to be playable on Eduke32 and be as a base game. But Requirement to having this GRP is having the Atomic Edition itself. (Just a suggestion, sounds like an inconsiderable loop, but hey, It feels like a base game when playing on the N64.)

User is offline   Falco 

Shaft is finished finally.

http://www.mediafire...6gkyh467atj4u36

All that is left to do now is to verify everything works and that all of the weapons and items are where they should be, and that nothing is missing. I'm pretty sure everything is in order.

One last thing to do is link the secret nuke button to Noctis Labrinthus when it's finished (if ever, that's one hell of a complex map that I don't want a bite of.)

hey Falco, if you want to use Duke nukem BUILD editor, then download DOSBOX and try it, it's a great dos shell, i play classic duke nukem, ROTT, doom, heretic,terminal velocity, whatever in it, it just don't play quake for an unknown reason...
it's freeware!
you can tweak the config file too,so you can emulate a gravis ultrasound card without having one...
nice!!!
just keep doing maps!
(i could just say use dosbox you fkk-ing retard but i'm not like this :( )

and here the classic message of the day(lied, message of the post actually)
----
----
Heh, duke nukem is really more skillful than chuck norris,i know chuck norris has a mean kick, but duke can kick with his 2 legs while running(fox's idea), swimming,using steroids,using a medkit,using holoduke,using 3rd person view,talking and all this while being bitten by a shark and being shot at by a trooper, mindblasted by a uh... D'oh! and being eaten by a slime and recording a demo, all at the same time!
not to tell he can swim into acid without taking damage, but when he steps on it he die without boots... :D (tried on E1 L4, "where the water raises" on a green patch of acid on the water... funny results)
(five minutes later my pc crashed and i needed to reinstall windows 7 :D )

i would like to see him doing it on a bike, but i can't find the mod for it so
if someone could point me out to something like this i would be pleased

This post has been edited by Gashimahiron: 03 February 2011 - 01:39 AM

User is offline   SwissCm 

uhh

User is offline   Falco 

What happen, I don't even..

And not a single comment about shaft after almost 20 downloads.

User is offline   Jack 

View PostFalco, on Feb 3 2011, 03:49 AM, said:

What happen, I don't even..

And not a single comment about shaft after almost 20 downloads.

I'll give it a whirl. And give you a comment.

User is offline   Jack 

Alright, I tested the Shaft Level. Since I don't have the Duke Nukem 64 project off hand, things might not have been workable.
The map itself seems very loyal to the original map, however, it feels slightly smaller compared to the original. The overall design doesn't have the same vertigo feeling the old one had. (Although I think DN64 had some dept modifier. Not sure what the exact aspect ratio is.)

Also, I can't seem to surface on the water, instead, I keep bumping the top of it, and it makes a teleporter sound blocking me from surfacing. Good map though! Looks almost like the original.

User is offline   Scott_AW 

I've think I had the water issue before, I can't recall exactly what it was that caused the problem. Maybe slanted floors? But I'm not sure, I had an issue with some stairs going in water but forgot how I resolved that one. Maybe check if the sector effectors are on the floor?

Now I wish I had wrote that bug down.

User is offline   Falco 

View PostJack, on Feb 3 2011, 07:18 PM, said:

Alright, I tested the Shaft Level. Since I don't have the Duke Nukem 64 project off hand, things might not have been workable.
The map itself seems very loyal to the original map, however, it feels slightly smaller compared to the original. The overall design doesn't have the same vertigo feeling the old one had. (Although I think DN64 had some dept modifier. Not sure what the exact aspect ratio is.)

Also, I can't seem to surface on the water, instead, I keep bumping the top of it, and it makes a teleporter sound blocking me from surfacing. Good map though! Looks almost like the original.

*sigh*

I had to use the rubbish mapster32 editor to put the duke64 sprites in and it kept "forgetting" the tags of sectors after saving the map. The third underwater room (the one at the very bottom with the portable medikit in front of it) is missing the above water tag (lotag of 1) which is causing the teleporting problem. Open the map and add the lotag to the water sector on the above water side and it should fix the problem.

I think the reason the map seems smaller is because the N64 version of Duke is run at a resolution of 320x240, which makes things seem bigger and distorts perspective. The map is more or less the same size as the n64 version.

This post has been edited by Falco: 04 February 2011 - 05:50 PM

User is offline   Fox 

• Fraka kaka kaka kaka-kow!

I never noticed such an error in Mapster. It might be your version, but it also might be something you are doing. Perhaps you are using TAB to copy & paste floors and ceiling, which also copy the sector tag?

User is offline   Falco 

View PostFox, on Feb 4 2011, 07:44 PM, said:

I never noticed such an error in Mapster. It might be your version, but it also might be something you are doing. Perhaps you are using TAB to copy & paste floors and ceiling, which also copy the sector tag?

If mapster32 is copying sector tags when copying textures with tab in 3D mode, it has some SERIOUS flaws in design.

User is offline   Jack 

View PostFalco, on Feb 4 2011, 05:30 PM, said:

*sigh*

I had to use the rubbish mapster32 editor to put the duke64 sprites in and it kept "forgetting" the tags of sectors after saving the map. The third underwater room (the one at the very bottom with the portable medikit in front of it) is missing the above water tag (lotag of 1) which is causing the teleporting problem. Open the map and add the lotag to the water sector on the above water side and it should fix the problem.

I think the reason the map seems smaller is because the N64 version of Duke is run at a resolution of 320x240, which makes things seem bigger and distorts perspective. The map is more or less the same size as the n64 version.

You already seem to know more than I do about it. I guess I should have made an a comment rather than pointing somethings out. Aside from this map, how far is the project? I still want to play something fun. (I apologize for sounding self centered, but, this project looks too awesome to let slide. Too much waiting now days, not enough done.)

User is offline   The Duke 

there is problems when your are playing duke 64 on emulators

1.spitscreen
2.sometimes you can see him though the wall

that because the emulator has problems

User is offline   Falco 

I'm guessing this port died? I had started working on Castle Dukestien, but it seems it would be pointless.

User is offline   Fox 

Castle Dukenstein had been done a little time ago by Nukey. I think I didn't included in the website list, but at least there is a screenshot.

I really hope this port didn't die! ;)

Duke Nukem 64 was always my favorite Duke game, and I'd love to be able to play it on the PC!

Hello everyone. I'm wondering if you are still working on this Fox.I want to do some more work on this.So I want to know if your still working on it, and if so are you close to a release date.

I check the web page from time to time hopeing to see the mod up for download with the new version. But the page has not been updated in a long time.

Back in 2009 my work on the maps slowed to a crawl because I was waiting for the final version of the code.My work on the maps picked back up in 2010 for a month or so.But still I was hopeing to have a final version of the code to work with(so my map efforts have slowed once more). So if a final version of the code is released I will start working on the maps with enthusiasm.

Also I need a copy of the mod that was last used for mapping. The last time I had a copy was in 2009.(Nukey sent me a link to a copy in 2010, but I did not get to it in time and I could not D/L it) So the maps I worked on in 2010 where done with a unmodded duke nukem. Thats why they do not have any duke 64 sprites or weapon locations.

This post has been edited by -=SomeThingEviL=-: 10 May 2011 - 11:35 AM

User is offline   Jack 

Just checking in, this project isn't dead is it? Please tell me it's not dead, I wanted to play so bad when it was finished. *sniff*

View PostJack, on 25 May 2011 - 11:00 AM, said:

Just checking in, this project isn't dead is it? Please tell me it's not dead, I wanted to play so bad when it was finished. *sniff*

If its dead, it'd be nice if all the work done would be released so that those of us that haven't played DN64 (or are too arsed to config an emulator to use K+M while playing DN64) to give it a shot. Having all that work just laying around would be a waste, especially for such an interesting TC.

User is offline   Fox 

It's not dead, I was working on it right now. I did some interesting progress lately.

I have figured how to "hack" the emulator to browser all tiles (as build-editor tiles, not as n64 cartridge data). Of course at the same time I am making it faithful, it takes a some annoying time to relocate all textures in the TC.

This post has been edited by Fox: 02 June 2011 - 05:58 PM

View PostFox, on 02 June 2011 - 05:57 PM, said:

It's not dead, I was working on it right now. I did some interesting progress lately.

I have figured how to "hack" the emulator to browser all tiles (as build-editor tiles, not as n64 cartridge data). Of course at the same time I am making it faithful, it takes a some annoying time to relocate all textures in the TC.

Are you saying you're remaking the textures, or using that to rip all of them at once?

User is offline   djdori11 

waiting for it!

• Weaponized Autism

They are ripped.

I'm sure that this has been asked before, and I normally cringe we people say that, but could this lead to actually ripping the original maps from the ROM, even though so much work has been poured into recreations?

User is offline   Fox 

Nah, what I did is not related to real ripping of ROM files, it's more like browsing the tiles in the emulator with a trick.

This post has been edited by Fox: 12 June 2011 - 01:34 PM

I'm DEFINITELY looking forward to this mod. :dukecry:

User is offline   Jimmy 

• Let's go Brandon!

Fox, hopefully you find some unused materials in there.

User is offline   Fox 

But I do found unusued tiles. There is a lot of bullshit, but also some interesting stuff. For example the babes have animations of them coming out of their pods

This post has been edited by Fox: 12 June 2011 - 11:58 PM

User is offline   TerminX 

• el fundador

You should implement any unused stuff you find that's decent enough to use. I mean, since you're already straying from the N64 version on stuff like censorship, why not?

Btw, can you PM me a link to a newer WIP version of this TC? I'd like to check it out.

• Weaponized Autism

View PostFox, on 12 June 2011 - 11:58 PM, said:

But I do found unusued tiles. There is a lot of bullshit, but also some interesting stuff. For example the babes have animations of them coming out of their pods

That's awesome! Could you post a full tile dump at some point?

Share this topic:

• 12 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options