• 12 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Duke 64 mod thread

User is offline   Jimmy 

• Let's go Brandon!

That sounds rad. I'm kinda hoping some of the early beta artwork is still floating around in there, but I doubt it. I imagine the game nearly filled the cart's memory.

User is offline   MusicallyInspired 

• The Sarien Encounter

I agree with TX. It technically is Duke64 material anyway, it was probably just cut because it wouldn't fit on the cartridge. So really, this would be the ultimate version of Duke64 with all the trimmings.

This post has been edited by MusicallyInspired: 13 June 2011 - 06:16 PM

User is offline   necroslut 

View PostMusicallyInspired, on 13 June 2011 - 06:16 PM, said:

I agree with TX. It technically is Duke64 material anyway, it was probably just cut because it wouldn't fit on the cartridge.

But it is on the cartridge already. Maybe not in memory, though.

User is offline   Fox 

• Fraka kaka kaka kaka-kow!

View PostCaptain Awesome, on 13 June 2011 - 02:40 PM, said:

That sounds rad. I'm kinda hoping some of the early beta artwork is still floating around in there, but I doubt it. I imagine the game nearly filled the cart's memory.

Well, it's simply that they have textures assigned to tile numbers that aren't used in any stock map, much like original Duke 3D. In some instances it's not really worth deleting the tiles (for example the front of the car in level 1, it's impossible to see it in the game). Besides tiles0014 of Duke 64 is a huge mess.

This post has been edited by Fox: 14 June 2011 - 03:22 AM

User is offline   Jimmy 

• Let's go Brandon!

Makes sense. It'll be interesting to see what's in there though. You're a master detective.

User is offline   OpenMaw 

• Judge Mental

Don't suppose we could see those frames you were talking about eh, fox? Posted Image

User is offline   Mateos 

News on ModDB dated of 23 June, any more sign of living here?

User is offline   Fox 

Keh, I posted on ModDB just to have it there. I don't care to update it. To say the truth I almost forget about the website :)

I was the one that updated the page at ModDB when I noticed it.People where saying the mod was dead, so I let them know its not. I like that we have a page there and might try to update it when there is news (don't count on it).

Also Fox can you tell me how you made it so you can see the duke 64 art tiles in the N64 emulator or whatever. I would like to know how you did that. I would like to use some of the art of the girls that are out of there pods. I have been making some of my own sprites for duke nukem using sprites from the game. And I would like to see whats in there that I could use. So if its not to hard to do the hack and see the art tiles in the duke 64 rom could you let me know how.

This post has been edited by -=SomeThingEviL=-: 30 June 2011 - 10:20 AM

User is offline   Mateos 

And even with the News post there were a guy still saying it is dead >.> Thanks :)

• The Sarien Encounter

The Project64 emulator allows dumping of game textures from a game ROM.

User is offline   Fox 

Project64 only allow you to dump rendered textures. This is, only what is displayed in the screen, since everything is converted in some 3d rendering which the console can easily process.

When you consider that Duke 64 is half-based on art files, no wonder you can't decrypt and extract the data (like you normally would with Nintendo 64 native games).

User is offline   Arkides 

Fox, I think you'd be doing everyone a favor if you showed us those babe animations. This is stuff that most of us didn't know existed.

Also, I think I'm not alone when I say I'm confused as to who is doing the project. We have one person saying he's working on it and then you're giving us very few details about the status of the mod. Can you clarify how far into development you are, and who is helping you work on it?

Hello, I'm not associated with the Duke 64 mod and I haven't heard much about progress for this mod so I decided to do some of my own work. I noticed that ripping textures from an emulator they were not the correct size and that resizing them makes them look muddy. I also did not like how the censored babes that were in the beta to the mod looked. So I took the initiative to clean up the babes by using the real Duke3D art and also DukeNudeX art files. So the file attached has Babe2 with all of the possible variations that I think I could make, one babe 3, dead/hanging babe and the censored dancer with lifting her top up with and without nipple tassels. When I get more time I'll try and see if I can fix up Babe1 also. It's late and I figured I might as well share with others what I have been up to the last two nights.

View PostTepesimpaled, on 07 July 2011 - 02:04 AM, said:

Hello, I'm not associated with the Duke 64 mod and I haven't heard much about progress for this mod so I decided to do some of my own work. I noticed that ripping textures from an emulator they were not the correct size and that resizing them makes them look muddy. I also did not like how the censored babes that were in the beta to the mod looked. So I took the initiative to clean up the babes by using the real Duke3D art and also DukeNudeX art files. So the file attached has Babe2 with all of the possible variations that I think I could make, one babe 3, dead/hanging babe and the censored dancer with lifting her top up with and without nipple tassels. When I get more time I'll try and see if I can fix up Babe1 also. It's late and I figured I might as well share with others what I have been up to the last two nights.

I guess I could not attach a zip so here is a megaupload link

Link removed, see post below for updated zip with more babes

[EDIT]
18+ content in the zip

[EDIT 2]
removed link to zip

This post has been edited by Tepesimpaled: 07 July 2011 - 11:32 PM

User is offline   djdori11 

View PostTepesimpaled, on 07 July 2011 - 02:06 AM, said:

I guess I could not attach a zip so here is a megaupload link

megaupload

[EDIT]
18+ content in the zip

thanks, but pixalated boobs is 18+?

User is offline   Fox 

At 1996 it was. :)

thanks, but pixalated boobs is 18+?

I figured better safe than sorry, I've been lurking these forums a while now. I've seen some of the other stuff that Sebab but I figured best not cause too much trouble with my first post. I guess NSFW would had been more apt than 18+. 1996 Duke was 18+ was still partially covered boobs and cartoon gore.

The achievement hunt for Steam Summer Sale may eat more of my time till it is over, but after that I'll get to working on the pod babe and the censored version of the cheerleader.

So, Fox. No sharing of the animation or confirmation on what's going on with the project?

User is offline   Fox 

Well, for now I am just trying to make some things works. I am always discovering new stuff in the Rom.

Here is what the tiles (with correct tile numbers) currently looks in Build

Posted Image

Well I just got screwed out of a achievement I was grinding in L4D2, so I decided to stop my Steam Summer event hunt and I finished up babe1 and the cheerleader. I added them to the same zip that I uploaded before. So this zip should have all of the Babes from the N64 game and some of my edits as well. Zip has some NSFW mixes of some of the N64 babes.

megaupload

So fox, how are you getting the textures from the game? I've been using project 64 and like you said it only rips what is actually rendered.

This post has been edited by Tepesimpaled: 07 July 2011 - 11:33 PM

User is offline   Mateos 

View PostTepesimpaled, on 07 July 2011 - 11:31 PM, said:

Well I just got screwed out of a achievement I was grinding in L4D2

Mine always crash at the 3rd map of Cold Stream... ><

Nice work!

View PostFox, on 07 July 2011 - 05:00 PM, said:

Well, for now I am just trying to make some things works. I am always discovering new stuff in the Rom.

Here is what the tiles (with correct tile numbers) currently looks in Build

Posted Image

Thanks!

User is offline   Nukey 

View PostArkides, on 06 July 2011 - 02:40 PM, said:

Fox, I think you'd be doing everyone a favor if you showed us those babe animations. This is stuff that most of us didn't know existed.

Also, I think I'm not alone when I say I'm confused as to who is doing the project. We have one person saying he's working on it and then you're giving us very few details about the status of the mod. Can you clarify how far into development you are, and who is helping you work on it?

http://www.resurgenc...com.br/credits/

There are 4 of us, as listed in the credits on the left.

Although the mod is admittedly progressing at a very slow pace, Fox and SomeThingEvil are both currently active. SomeThingEvil is handling Episode 3 maps, and Fox is handling Episode 1 maps (in between working on the mod in general). Hellfire already ripped the models ages ago. I recall that he did not look forward to animating them, so he has probably chosen not to. I am still technically involved with this project, but I finished 98% of my chosen workload back in March of last year, and I have been far too busy to take on any more. Castle Dukenstein was the 13th and final map I finished, which for whatever reason is still not listed in the credits as being complete.

Fox has been overhauling code and artwork etc. Aside from that, the majority of the work left to be done is still in recreating the maps. If there were a way to rip them straight from the ROM (which I suspect is possible), the mod would be virtually finished overnight.

I would really like to see an official beta released, and I've pressed for it before, but it's up to Fox.

This post has been edited by Nukey: 08 July 2011 - 02:28 PM

User is offline   Fox 

Nightvision working pretty much like it does in the original game

Posted Image
Posted Image

This post has been edited by Fox: 21 August 2011 - 12:09 AM

User is offline   djdori11 

View PostFox, on 21 August 2011 - 12:09 AM, said:

Nightvision working pretty much like it does in the original game

It's good!

This post has been edited by djdori11: 21 August 2011 - 12:34 AM

• The Sarien Encounter

Sweet! A progress report! Looks great.

User is offline   Falco 

I don't know if this mod is still alive or not, but I fixed that one buggy underwater area in Shaft and re-uploaded the map:

http://www.mediafire...6gkyh467atj4u36

I doubt Fox will change his mind about using it in the mod, but at least you can play it in MP now without people getting stuck underwater and drowning.

OH, and I figured out why Mapster32 wasn't saving files. It actually was saving files, but it was saving them in the root directory mapster32 was in, instead of the location of the original map, annoying.

User is offline   Croudo 

Hey. Just a shout out to the team working on this. I made this account to say I've been watching this develope slowly for years now. I fully support you guys and am rooting for you to eventually finish. I'm still really excited to see something like this come to fruition. I hope things work out for this project and that it eventually sees a full release.

User is offline   Fox 

View PostFalco, on 19 October 2011 - 06:35 PM, said:

I don't know if this mod is still alive or not, but I fixed that one buggy underwater area in Shaft and re-uploaded the map:

http://www.mediafire...6gkyh467atj4u36

I doubt Fox will change his mind about using it in the mod, but at least you can play it in MP now without people getting stuck underwater and drowning.

Yeah, I won't.

Your map is not accurate enough. Not just parts that you intentionally changed it, but you just wasn't carefull enough on making the sectors with the exact same size, etc. Some guys (for example Nukey) worked very hard to make every centimeter of their levels identical to the original. It would be disrespectfull to them to include your map.

Besides I don't like the changes you made, I think they are icky, sorry.

Share this topic:

• 12 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options