• 42 Pages +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Mapster32 problems and bugs  "Please post them exclusively here"

User is offline   Plagman 

• Former VP of Media Operations

View PostPaul B, on 13 July 2015 - 07:53 PM, said:

Not sure what's going on? I just updated to the latest synthesis build "20150713-5295" and I've noticed since switching to this build my latest map now suffers from massive texture tearing all over the place. I know for a fact I didn't release this map with any stretched or mis-aligned textures and now they are all over the map. Any suggestions as to what might have caused this?

Restoring back to 20150614-5267 corrects the problem. I'm not sure at what point this would have changed but probably just recently. I'm using Polymer to run my tests. When I have more time i'll try and narrow it down even more.

Do you use hightile? Do you have shots of the problem? Do you have a non-default r_pr_vbos setting by any chance?

User is offline   Paul B 

View PostPlagman, on 13 July 2015 - 11:09 PM, said:

Do you use hightile? Do you have shots of the problem? Do you have a non-default r_pr_vbos setting by any chance?

Hi Mr. Plagman, with the information you provided, I will supply more information after work, along with some before and after screenshots. I have never toggled r_pr_vbos so I would imagine it should be set by the default value and I have no idea what hightile is? But I will update you later today, thanks for your reply.

*** UPDATED ***

Please see the attached screenshot. This is just one instance of the problem with the texture stretching but it is all over the place in my map with the latest version. I'm sure this must affect other maps as well. The versions in the screenshot are:

20150711-5293 (Without the problem)
20150714-5296 (With the problem)

My r_pr_vbos value is "2" Regardless of what value this is if I change it on the fly from the console it doesn't correct the texture stretching. (0, 1 or 2).

It appears when I fire up Mapster and try to correct the wall texture problem I can't using the arrow keys on the actual stretched wall texture. However, if I copy another wall which isn't stretched and paste it to the stretched wall it corrects the problem but then I have to re-texture and shade the problematic wall again to get the desired results.

*** UPDATED ***

The problems mentioned above have been corrected in: Eduke synthesis r5298 by Plagman.

Thanks !

Attached thumbnail(s)

• Attached Image: Duke Screenshot.jpg

This post has been edited by Paul B: 15 July 2015 - 12:11 PM

User is offline   Paul B 

Hi,

Just tried out the new synthesis build 20150720-5306

Upon opening my map in Mapster 3D Mode and running setrendermode 0 or setrendermode 4 from the console Mapster crashes with the following log file (please see attached).

It also creates a duplicate of my map and names it TheRock_crash.map

Attached File(s)

This post has been edited by Paul B: 20 July 2015 - 09:10 PM

User is offline   LeoD 

• Duke4.net topic/3513

As of r5300, when built with RENDERTYPE=WIN, Mapster32 fills up mapster32.log with several "Frame still locked" messages per second.
Attached File  mapster32-5300-RENDERTYPE_WIN.log (3.04K)
Number of downloads: 210

And, btw., what is that "Found no recognized game data!" message about? I have the original Atomic GRP in the CWD.

Share this topic:

• 42 Pages +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options