Duke4.net Forums: Polymer build publicly released - Duke4.net Forums

• 8 Pages +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Polymer build publicly released

View PostPlagman, on Sep 28 2009, 04:32 PM, said:

Anyway, share your best screenshots people :-)

This is all using the current WGRealms1 HRP.

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

This post has been edited by William Gee: 28 September 2009 - 04:14 PM

User is offline   Omni 

View PostPlagman, on Sep 28 2009, 03:32 PM, said:

130 fps with the E1L1 maphacks that Parkar did is pretty impressive. What's your system like?

Here is a pic I took, does this mean I'm not running maphacks? this is the top of the building in E1L1 and standing on this building it shows 573 fps which seems to be to much if I was running the maphacks.

My Info ------------------
System Information
------------------
Time of this report: 9/28/2009, 19:13:03
	   Machine name: OMNIGREEN
   Operating System: Windows XP Professional (5.1, Build 2600) Service Pack 3 (2600.xpsp_sp3_gdr.090206-1234)
		   Language: English (Regional Setting: English)
System Manufacturer: System manufacturer
	   System Model: System Product Name
			   BIOS: BIOS Date: 07/06/09 22:13:26 Ver: 04.06
		  Processor: AMD Phenom(tm) II X4 965 Processor,  MMX,  3DNow (4 CPUs), ~3.4GHz
			 Memory: 3328MB RAM
		  Page File: 765MB used, 4445MB available
		Windows Dir: C:\WINDOWS
	DirectX Version: DirectX 9.0c (4.09.0000.0904)
DX Setup Parameters: Not found
	 DxDiag Version: 5.03.2600.5512 32bit Unicode

Card name: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 260
	 Manufacturer: NVIDIA
		Chip type: GeForce GTX 260
		 DAC type: Integrated RAMDAC
	   Device Key: Enum\PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_05E2&SUBSYS_82EB1043&REV_A1
   Display Memory: 896.0 MB
	 Current Mode: 1440 x 900 (32 bit) (75Hz)
		  Monitor: Default Monitor
  Monitor Max Res: 
	  Driver Name: nv4_disp.dll
   Driver Version: 6.14.0011.9038 (English)
	  DDI Version: 9 (or higher)
Driver Attributes: Final Retail
 Driver Date/Size: 7/14/2009 13:54:00, 5842816 bytes

Attached thumbnail(s)

• Attached Image: dukepolymer.PNG

User is offline   Plagman 

• Former VP of Media Operations

That's a good system, I'll give you that. You need to extract the contents of polymer_hrp.zip somewhere and copy the contents of the 'polymer_hrp' directory right where eduke32.exe is. You can also repack them into a zip and put them in the autoload folder as you would do with a regular HRP package, but make sure you don't zip the 'polymer_hrp' directory if you do, just its contents. If you were using the maphacks, you would get something that looks like that:

Posted Image

User is offline   Omni 

Yup I was using the maphacks then as it looked alot like that screen shot, but the fire seemed like different texture. I had the shadows cast by the light coverings, unless I minimized to come post then the shadows vanished when I went back into the game.

User is offline   Harlock 

Hi all. Great work! I downloaded the latest Eduke32 snapshot, the latest HRP build with the latest maphacks and could run it without a hitch on my ancient machine, that's why i wonder why you all say you need a beefy comp to run it. My very modest specs:

P4 3.2GHz (single core)
2 GB Ram
Windows XP SP3
ATi x1650xt (512 MB)

The only thing i witnessed is that (at least in the first level) in some circumstances the aim of the weapons is way off.

User is offline   TerminX 

• el fundador

A note about the sound popping issues with ogg playback... it looks like it only happens with playback rates that aren't a multiple of 11025 Hz. So, 11025, 22050 and 44100 Hz are fine, but 8000, 16000, 32000 and 48000 Hz are broken. We're looking into it. Another build will probably be out within the next few days with fixes for a couple of other issues (but probably not the sound issue :o).

User is offline   Chip 

View PostPlagman, on Sep 29 2009, 12:32 AM, said:

Well here's one that I put on my phone to show my friend a work - I just still can't believe it is a shot from Duke3D (although a mod) The way that the light works on the models just makes them look so cool!

As for my spotlights - I'll get back to you about that later on (Since I'm not at my computer) but my card is an ATI Radeon 4850.

Attached thumbnail(s)

• Attached Image: Don__t_like_the_yellow_ones.png

This post has been edited by Chip: 29 September 2009 - 03:23 AM

User is offline   Chip 

Chip: what card are you using? Can you post a screenshot of the spotlight dullness? Does it go away if you disable shadows? (r_pr_shadows) It might be a case of shadow texture aliasing.

Disabling shadows did indeed make the actual light much brighter!
I'm using an ATI Radeon 4850.
I took a screen shot of the spotlight casting shadows (and being rarther dim) and next to it is a picture of a pointlight - same values as each other, I just changed the SECTOREFFECTOR lotag.
I didn't get a shot of the spotlight casting no shadows though.

Another build will probably be out within the next few days with fixes for a couple of other issues (but probably not the sound issue ).

Crazy idea but would it ever be possible to add in the older audio system to the game (the one with open AL) and have it an alterntive choice set through the options menu just like how you have a choice for different renderes. That way if it doesn't work for the end user or they don't like it then they can just change it.

Attached thumbnail(s)

• Attached Image: Spotlight.png

This post has been edited by Chip: 29 September 2009 - 06:56 AM

User is offline   Mateos 

View PostPlagman, on Sep 28 2009, 12:46 AM, said:

And there's an HRP with the normal maps and lighthacks that Parkar did for E1L1 at the following address:
http://www.plagman.net/polymer_hrp.zip

(Noob question) If I just get this pack, it will works?

Noob edit :
Read Duke4 news, see my stupid level higher, ask to delete this post x)

Sorry for wasted time ><"

This post has been edited by Mateos: 29 September 2009 - 08:58 AM

User is offline   Sebastian 

Fantastic shots, William!

Here's a test map I slapped together.

Attached Image: poly01.jpg Attached Image: poly02.jpg Attached Image: poly03.jpg

And with the default visibility turned off:

Attached Image: poly04.jpg

Having some small troubles with the build however. I'll post this in the respective board unless I can get a quick fix here.
1) I can no longer preview polymer lights in Mapster, even when I set setrendermode 4 in the console.
2) I can't pan wall-textures using shift+keypad. Were the keys changed around at some point? I doubt it as I can still pan floor textures with keypad however. James suggesting I had a key stuck somewhere but I tried with a different keyboard and had the same problem there.

Using latest build, haven't fiddled with any .cfg files except activating polymer at startup. Appreciate the feedback!

This post has been edited by Rusty Nails: 29 September 2009 - 09:05 AM

User is offline   Splat 

• Eat Shit and...

My crosshair is way off-target. I have to compensate, by this much:

Posted Image

I get a steady 100fps but it lags often and randomly, going down to 9fps. And not being able to move for a second or more.
The start of every level has a 4 second freeze after it has loaded.

It looks really cool, only some walls glitch and the water is weird. :o

It's good to finally have an official release of Polymer out! But it's not without its bugs. But at least those that have been mentioned so far are not insurmountable problems.

This post has been edited by KillerBudgie: 29 September 2009 - 12:34 PM

User is offline   TerminX 

• el fundador

View PostRedSplat, on Sep 29 2009, 01:12 PM, said:

My crosshair is way off-target. I have to compensate, by this much:

It's because Polymer doesn't support screen sizing yet (if ever), which is required for the full status bar to work properly. A future build will disable everything but the small status bar when Polymer is enabled until such support is implemented.

I have an annoying bug whit polymer feature enabled: ALL the game musics (Higres music pack) are constantly accompanied by a strange "tic" like a morse-code. Oh and my game crash sometimes, but is a standard Polymer problem.

I know you are all aware that the sound has problems - I couldn't figure out whether the ticking/stuttering was polymer or just the crap machine I was playing on (Athlon XP, GeForce 5200) but one thing caught my attention, when I go into a room that causes the sound to echo, the .ogg music tracks will also start echoing whilst I am in there.

User is offline   Timbre 

View PostFantinaikos, on Sep 29 2009, 03:53 PM, said:

I have an annoying bug whit polymer feature enabled: ALL the game musics (Higres music pack) are constantly accompanied by a strange "tic" like a morse-code. Oh and my game crash sometimes, but is a standard Polymer problem.

I am having the same problem as well.

User is offline   Alan 

• Hellspawn

Good stuff in here. WG's mod looks more breathtaking with the new renderer, and RN's test map with more "modern" looking textures shows how well EDuke32 holds up compared to current games. Plagman kicks ass, and people signing up just to tell him that proves it.

User is offline   #SH@DOW# 

Hey, guys! Excellent work! But I've seen in videos new weopons such as dual baralled shot gun and golden pistols. Are they in this polymer version already or should it be installed separately?

This post has been edited by #SH@DOW#: 29 September 2009 - 11:05 PM

User is offline   The Commander 

• I used to be a Brown Fuzzy Fruit, but I've changed bro...

View PostFantinaikos, on Sep 30 2009, 11:53 AM, said:

View PostHigh Treason, on Sep 30 2009, 12:01 PM, said:

I know you are all aware that the sound has problems - I couldn't figure out whether the ticking/stuttering was polymer or just the crap machine I was playing on (Athlon XP, GeForce 5200) but one thing caught my attention, when I go into a room that causes the sound to echo, the .ogg music tracks will also start echoing whilst I am in there.

View PostTimbre, on Sep 30 2009, 04:23 PM, said:

I am having the same problem as well.

Jesus christ, does not body read this damn thread. The answer to all three of your bug reports are like 7 posts above, holy shit.

View PostTX, on Sep 29 2009, 10:32 PM, said:

A note about the sound popping issues with ogg playback... it looks like it only happens with playback rates that aren't a multiple of 11025 Hz. So, 11025, 22050 and 44100 Hz are fine, but 8000, 16000, 32000 and 48000 Hz are broken. We're looking into it. Another build will probably be out within the next few days with fixes for a couple of other issues (but probably not the sound issue :o).

This post has been edited by The Commander: 29 September 2009 - 11:42 PM

User is offline   Mateos 

View PostHarlock, on Sep 29 2009, 09:11 AM, said:

Hi all. Great work! I downloaded the latest Eduke32 snapshot, the latest HRP build with the latest maphacks and could run it without a hitch on my ancient machine, that's why i wonder why you all say you need a beefy comp to run it. My very modest specs:

P4 3.2GHz (single core)
2 GB Ram
Windows XP SP3
ATi x1650xt (512 MB)

The only thing i witnessed is that (at least in the first level) in some circumstances the aim of the weapons is way off.

You think it's modest?
2,0 GHz
700 MB RAM
Windows XP SP3
NVidia 6200

And it runs with some graphics effects to the highest option. My PC is from 2004 x)

Great work about this Polymer, will test it on The Gate or 1999/2000 TC :o

User is online   blizzart 

View PostMateos, on Sep 30 2009, 01:23 PM, said:

You think it's modest?
2,0 GHz
700 MB RAM
Windows XP SP3
NVidia 6200

And it runs with some graphics effects to the highest option. My PC is from 2004 x)

Great work about this Polymer, will test it on The Gate or 1999/2000 TC :o

Polymer should work with this video card. But I doubt you have enough CPU power and RAM.

Try topping this, boys;

Intel Core 2 Quad @ 2.5 GHz
3 GB RAM (Dual Channel)
Windows Vista Home Premium w/SP2
XFX NVIDIA GeForce 9600 GT 512MB (Alpha Dog Edition)

This post has been edited by KillerBudgie: 30 September 2009 - 04:13 AM

Okay, "boy".

3.06 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo
4GB 1067 MHz DDR3
ATI Radeon HD 4850 512MB

Can't remember which awful version of Windows Vista I installed though. I think it's called Black Edition or something. Thank fuck it's first and foremost a Mac.

User is offline   Master Fibbles 

• I have the power!

Wow....when did this thread become the "gay show off your system specs thread"?

I think there are a few errors in the defs or missing textures in the Polymer HRP. I could get the list of errors but it would have to wait until I am back at my house tonight and even then, I really should be doing school work :o

View PostMr.Flibble, on Sep 30 2009, 06:16 AM, said:

Wow....when did this thread become the "gay show off your system specs thread"?

Sorry, I felt provoked. :o

Not enough shots being posted here!

Looking awesome, but on some levels on highest texture settings I get a bunch of Nuke symbols instead of textures (on e1l1 above the cinema for example)

also some secret switches are showing, like on e3l1 (screen below) - is there somewhere official to report bugs?

Posted Image

User is offline   Plagman 

• Former VP of Media Operations

There's an official bug tracker:
https://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=brows...amp;atid=706724

The problem you're describing sounds like a known texture cache problem - it sometimes mixes some textures. Delete your texcache folder to allow EDuke32 to regenerate it and it should go away.

The second problem is caused by Polymer not respecting mdflags yet, so the maphacks that are supposed to prevent these secret switches from rendering as models don't work yet. It's on my TODO list.

User is offline   corpy 

How can I enable shadows?

I get that:
Posted Image

Posted Image

But How to get that?
Posted Image

:o

User is offline   Mateos 

Well, since HRP 4.0 + Update 4.1 + Polymer ZIP make not working the OOGs musics, I've made a whole pack of these 3 ones, with settting the containing of polymer folder directly at the base. So, OOGs are working now, but I don't have the same effects as I wanted to : the Plagman post #64. I have a normal light rendering, without the filter of the grillage...

And, as said Blizzard, it works great with all on high (Not very high but high).

Edit :
Ah, post in same moment as Corpy ^^"

This post has been edited by Mateos: 30 September 2009 - 09:09 AM

Share this topic:

• 8 Pages +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options