Duke4.net Forums: Duke Caribbean: Life's A Beach Plus - Duke4.net Forums

• 7 Pages +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Duke Caribbean: Life's A Beach Plus  "Now Duke Plus-compatible!"

User is offline   Hendricks266 

• Weaponized Autism

Joe hasn't been replying to my emails recently.

User is offline   Skulldog 

View PostHendricks266, on Jul 21 2010, 01:00 PM, said:

Joe hasn't been replying to my emails recently.

Who owns the game? Is it still Sillysoft.

• Weaponized Autism

He said that the rights returned to him after 10 years, for Nuclear Winter.

Twin Dragon and Wanton Destruction were already released, so there should be no problem. It's just up to Joe to send it to me.

View PostHendricks266, on Jul 21 2010, 03:54 PM, said:

He said that the rights returned to him after 10 years, for Nuclear Winter.

Twin Dragon and Wanton Destruction were already released, so there should be no problem. It's just up to Joe to send it to me.

I always wanted to play this addon. I remeber this 3drealms post.

January 15, 1998
Shadow Warrior: Deadly Kiss
Work continues on the Shadow Warrior Add-on pack, Deadly Kiss. Also authored by SillySoft, this add-on focuses on Tensi Yoka (That's No-Wang to your friends), the baby sister of the famous Shadow Warrior.

Make sure to check out the Deadly Kiss home page over at the SillySoft site at http://www.sillysoft...main/deadly.htm.

Posted by Joe Siegler at 1:00 PM

This post has been edited by Skulldog: 21 July 2010 - 02:49 PM

• Weaponized Autism

Posted Image

User is offline   Lunick 

^Is that what I think it is?

LOL, shot his leg off, and he's still standing.

User is offline   Chip 

View PostSkulldog, on Jul 24 2010, 01:17 PM, said:

LOL, shot his leg off, and he's still standing.

Nah, just the transparency of the jibs model cutting through the behind sprite (The Pigcop).
As for the gun.... it doesn't look much like the triple poison shooter to me :)

Oh and question: 2 days ago I replayed through the entire episode, but with the newer builds of Eduke32, it claims alot of the maps are corrupt and then goes around deleting sprites from the map, saying they have null locations. Unfortunatley, some are sector effectors used to open doors and so without them the doors cannot be opened. The first set of doors on the first map is prime example. (And forunate too, so you don't have to go far at all to get to the first error)
Does anyone else have this or are my maps of the game somehow different?

This post has been edited by Chip: 24 July 2010 - 10:06 AM

User is offline   John Smith 

Hi,
I've had problems playing "Duke Caribbean: Life's A Beach Plus" and "Duke: Nuclear Winter Plus". In the Caribbean HRP I could not enter the first building in the first level. The doors simply didn't open when I pushed the key. Nuclear Winter crashed after a few minutes and freezed at the credits screen.

I've found out that these problems seems to appear in every eduke32 version beyond "eduke32_win32_20100607-1657". Every version up from "eduke32_win32_20100622-1659" is causing problems with these HRPs. Does anybody have the same problems? Right now the solution that works for me is downgrading to "eduke32_win32_20100607-1657".

This post has been edited by John Smith: 25 July 2010 - 12:10 AM

• Weaponized Autism

Two other people have reported this issue to me. John, thanks for saying that 1657 fixed this issue.

I hope this doesn't affect Mapster32 as well. I would have to redo a lot of work.

• Weaponized Autism

Posted Image

User is offline   Lunick 

Double Water Pistols!

User is offline   John Smith 

View PostHendricks266, on Jul 24 2010, 10:49 PM, said:

Two other people have reported this issue to me. John, thanks for saying that 1657 fixed this issue.

THX for creating and maintaining these great HRP packs! :-)

I'm not sure if it's a real bug, but I've noticed in the second level a strange door. It's the door to the building, from where the bus starts before it's crashing in the building where you start the level. This door is just passable from one way. When you try to open it from outside, you just here the sound from the opening door, but there is a wall which just appear from outside. From inside the building this wall is not visible, and you can normally leave the building by walking normally through the door. Once you are outside, you cannot reenter the building from the same way because of this wall. Because this building has two entrances it's not a big problem, but I'm curious if this is a bug relating to eduke32 or perhaps it wasn't meant to enter this building from outside.

View PostHendricks266, on Jul 24 2010, 07:18 AM, said:

Posted Image

Cool, but the DP MP5 doesn't fit whit DN Vacation feelings. You should retexture to make it seem more a plastic water gun.

User is offline   Micky C 

• Honored Donor

Great work hendricks, dukeplus will really help to add to the re-playability of these episodes with all its customization and extra weapons. And people who don't like using water pistols as weapons will have a great time with the mp5 and cruizer shotgun :)

• Weaponized Autism

I present to you...

the Soak'em Real Good
Posted Image

the Cruizer Soak'em
Posted Image

and the Saturator.
Posted Image

User is offline   Lunick 

THAT looks good

EDIT: Oh and how do we get it to work with DukePlus?

This post has been edited by Lunick: 27 July 2010 - 08:23 PM

• Weaponized Autism

You... don't yet.

When the next version is released, you will install Duke Plus and Vaca+ side by side, then run one of the DP batch files included with Vaca+.

User is offline   Lunick 

View PostHendricks266, on Jul 28 2010, 03:29 PM, said:

You... don't yet.

When the next version is released, you will install Duke Plus and Vaca+ side by side, then run one of the DP batch files included with Vaca+.

Oh ok then

I will wait patiently :)

User is offline   NNC 

View PostHendricks266, on Jul 28 2010, 04:26 AM, said:

and the Saturator.
Posted Image

Is this a Caribbean map?

User is offline   Lunick 

View PostNancsi, on Aug 11 2010, 05:43 AM, said:

Is this a Caribbean map?

Im sure thats just _Zoo.map

• Weaponized Autism

It's my Caribbean modification of _zoo.map. (There's one for NW as well.)

User is offline   Mateos 

Well, Dp does not load with NW and Life's a Beach Plus on my computer. I've the latest EDuke32, NW/Life's a beach Plus and DP 2.11

Log file joined.

Attached File(s)

User is offline   NNC 

View PostLunick, on Aug 10 2010, 11:40 PM, said:

Im sure thats just _Zoo.map

Yeah, I got it already. Just looked strange with the caribbean trooper. XD

User is offline   Jimmy 

• Let's go Brandon!

View PostMateos, on Aug 11 2010, 05:22 AM, said:

Well, Dp does not load with NW and Life's a Beach Plus on my computer. I've the latest EDuke32, NW/Life's a beach Plus and DP 2.11

Log file joined.

View PostHendricks266, on Jul 28 2010, 12:29 AM, said:

You... don't yet.

I don't think reading 5 posts above is that hard.

User is offline   Mateos 

View PostCaptain Awesome, on Aug 11 2010, 06:43 PM, said:

I don't think reading 5 posts above is that hard.

FUUUUUUUUUU-

Thanks ><"

This post has been edited by Mateos: 11 August 2010 - 11:10 PM

User is offline   Micky C 

• Honored Donor

btw Hendricks, the names for the dukeplus weapons are brilliant, my favourite's the "soak'em real good" :wacko:

User is offline   Mateos 

@Captain Awesome
The DP 2.11 changelog mention the support of custom ART mods like NW and Life's A Beach, that's why I thought it was already the case...

User is offline   Jimmy 

• Let's go Brandon!

Caribbean and NW obviously have more than new art.

User is online   Danukem 

• Duke Plus Developer

View PostMateos, on Aug 21 2010, 05:01 AM, said:

@Captain Awesome
The DP 2.11 changelog mention the support of custom ART mods like NW and Life's A Beach, that's why I thought it was already the case...

Here's what the changelog actually says:

Got rid of edited tiles05.art and tiles08.art, and instead use tilefromtexture for only the needed tiles. This allows compatibility with mods that modify those art files, such as Nuclear Winter and Caribbean Vacation.

What that's saying is that compatibility is now possible, because the art obstacle has been removed. But actually making the mods work together may require additional steps.

Share this topic:

• 7 Pages +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options