Duke4.net Forums: Duke: Nuclear Winter Plus - Duke4.net Forums

• 7 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Duke: Nuclear Winter Plus

User is offline   Mateos 

He just needs to add more vertexes and move it a bit back on their head, maybe if you ask him?

Oh, and btw, if it could not be any longer compatible with DP, you should edit thread title, isn't it? :)

This post has been edited by Mateos: 11 December 2011 - 11:49 AM

User is offline   Hendricks266 

• Weaponized Autism

View PostMateos, on 11 December 2011 - 11:47 AM, said:

Oh, and btw, if it could not be any longer compatible with DP, you should edit thread title, isn't it? :)

It is compatible, but your mileage may vary.

I have ideas for how to solve this situation but implementing them will be difficult and require several prerequisites.

User is offline   mcaltage 

I have been trying to get this and Caribbean working in Linux. However, there are no .ips files to patch the .map files with. In reading this thread, reading the linux/macosx readme, and looking at the install.sh script the ips files should be inside /nw_plus/nw_plus. They are not and they are not in the svn repository. I notice there are .mhk and .patch files though. So I searched the nwinter.bat file for ".ips" and found none. Did the .ips files get depreciated in favor of these? And if so, where does that leave us Linux users?

Unless, of course, I am completely missing what was supposed to be happening.

• Weaponized Autism

It's a stupid mistake on my part. I changed the patch format but forgot to update that linux/macosx text file. I now use bsdiff/bspatch:

http://www.daemonology.net/bsdiff/

The .patch files are what you are looking for. .mhk files are called "Maphack Files" and are loaded by EDuke32 for some certain effects.

Perform an "SVN update". I've cleared up any thing blatantly wrong in the text file and scripts. However, I'm still very unhappy about the status of cross-platform compatibility and I am working on a solution.

This post has been edited by Hendricks266: 21 January 2012 - 05:13 PM

• Weaponized Autism

Since I recently had a second request, here is more information about why I will not be adding Duke's Snowy Adventure II: Stolen Weapons to NW+.

First, it includes art and sounds that overlap both original Duke 3D data and Nuclear Winter data, so I would have to make a separate launcher for it instead of integrating it like Shark's Cove. (Shark's Cove was very simple to add to Vaca+. All it has are the maps themselves and the user.con episode/level definitions.)

Second, I would have to go through the maps and edit them with the same M32script as I did for the main NW maps, and I would likely have to do additional patching for the new art that was added.

Third, the mod itself rips off a full level (level 4, the mission base) and three MIDIs from the TC LostDuke which violates its license info and is dishonest.

Finally, from its readme:

Where to Get This TC

You got it.

Legal Info:

Do not distribute this TC unless NO files are modified. You may not post it on any webpage. You can not build any levels using any DSA2 files with out my permission. Any of DSA2's data may NOT be used for anything else.

It's just not worth it.

This post has been edited by Hendricks266: 03 March 2012 - 02:13 PM

User is offline   LeoD 

• Duke4.net topic/3513

HRP extract script on Nuclear Winter Plus HRP:

Three textures have not been updated to their diffuse maps though this might be intentional:
-nwinter/copies.def: highres/textures/0719.png -> highres/textures/0719_d.png
-nwinter/copies.def: highres/textures/0757.png -> highres/textures/0757_d.png
-nwinter/props.def: highres/textures/0913.png -> highres/textures/0913_d.png
(These Polymost versions would not be found in a (not yet existing) Polymer-only version of the Duke3D HRP.)

Unused/undefined files (besides the extra folder):
Spoiler

• Weaponized Autism

Thanks!

The MIDI and most of the sounds are used from the cons.

• Weaponized Autism

I just received two gifts from ReaperMan.

Posted Image
-->
Posted Image

User is offline   ReaperMan 

View PostHendricks266, on 27 June 2012 - 06:35 PM, said:

I just received two gifts from ReaperMan.

I approve this message. :(

User is offline   Mateos 

Nice work :(

User is offline   Lunick 

It looks like in the sprite that the presents have lids?

User is offline   Mateos 

The pixel decay seems to say so :/

• Weaponized Autism

I just pushed commits to the SVNs of NW+ and Vaca+ separating the highres content into an adjoining folder of the 8-bit tiles and audio. When I implement profiles and Plagman and/or I write an SVN commit hook (that I can customize), this will allow separate downloading of all the base game improvements (the "Plus") without the extra weight of the HRP portion if not desired. However, those two things will happen when Duke Nukem Forever comes out when the EDuke32 multiplayer is fixed.

Normal users should see no side effects.

User is offline   Mateos 

Updated yesterday the SVN's after a while, have to do it again then x)

"When EDuke32 MP is fixed"? Is it soon? Tell me tell me tell me ;) We're playing under a 2009 build for quite some time with a friend, we both hope the code will be rewrote soon ;) But that's offtopic.

User is offline   Micky C 

• Honored Donor

Don't make TX lock this thread too Posted ImagePosted Image

User is offline   Mateos 

Sorry then ^^'

User is offline   tomo 

Hay Hendricks266 Nuclear winter plus is awsome.When i play with dukeplus the commander snow dudes shoots rockets instead of freezer bullets is there any way to fix this ?

Attached thumbnail(s)

• Attached Image: eduke32 2012-11-23 00-00-56-29.png

• Weaponized Autism

Huh, I thought I replaced the COMMANDER actor in the CON files with one that shot FREEZEBLAST. In any case, the DP support in both these HRPs needs to be revisited. The ideal solution would be to perform some editing on DP to make modular modifications simple, such as changing what projectiles are shot.

the svn_checkout download keeps finishing downloading really quickly and is corrupt everytime I try to open it.
Need a download link for this mod and Duke Carribbean plus that works!

• Weaponized Autism

I just tested my svn checkout script and it worked. Could you give me more detail on what you are doing and what is happening (including screenshots) so I can troubleshoot the issue?

just upload the whole god damn mod somewhere and stop fucking arounddddd.. god damn it man.

• Weaponized Autism

View Posttheunbeholden, on 26 April 2013 - 04:56 PM, said:

Posted Image

The whole mod is available for download at fingers' reach. I'm trying to help you, but you're not being at all conducive. Please work with me here by answering my question from two posts up.

User is offline   Forge 

• Speaker of the Outhouse

go to the svn page and download it file by file if you don't want assistance making your program work or help hendricks keep things running smooth

This post has been edited by Forge: 26 April 2013 - 06:21 PM

Hey y'all!

IDoes anybody remember on the last level 'Here comes Santa Claws' when you go down that lift into the disco room (after you use the Red access card) you're supposed to hear the endlevel music playing?
Well, I can't seem to hear it anymore, is there some kind of sound or maphack problem?

Other than that, keep it up!

• Weaponized Autism

Nice catch! It's actually a CON change that I missed when I made the NW+ cons into mutators.

In the original Atomic CONs, the BONUSMUSIC sound has this definition:

definesound BONUSMUSIC          bonus.voc         0 0 255 1 0

In NWUSER.CON, it is this:

definesound BONUSMUSIC          bonus.voc         0 0 255 3 0

I just committed the fix.

Just tested it.... IT WORKS!! I'VE MADE A CONTRIBUTION!

(MAXIMUM EGO INCREASED!!!! music plays)

Sorry, I couldn't help myself. Thanks, Hendricks!

User is offline   LeoD 

• Duke4.net topic/3513

Maphacks for Duke: Nuclear Winter Plus available.

[EDIT:] Download obsolete, simply get HRP 5.4 or newer.

This post has been edited by LeoD: 23 June 2015 - 01:45 PM

• Weaponized Autism

With exceptions for spriteext-based changes such as notmd, all maphacks for NW+ and Vaca+ are intended to be taken care of in the map patching. When Lunatic becomes mainline, the maps will exist in their patched state in the repo in the new text-based map format.

User is offline   LeoD 

• Duke4.net topic/3513

View PostHendricks266, on 15 October 2013 - 11:51 AM, said:

With exceptions for spriteext-based changes such as notmd, all maphacks for NW+ and Vaca+ are intended to be taken care of in the map patching. When Lunatic becomes mainline, the maps will exist in their patched state in the repo in the new text-based map format.
Well, in the meantime ... I decided not to hold my breath until then.
Maphack/patch-wise, nothing much has happened for years, and model clipping is obvious in many places. The main HRP model rotation from early 2012 isn't applied yet, etc...
Attached Image: nwl3-yellow.jpg Attached Image: nwl6-clip.jpg Attached Image: nwl7-clip1.jpg Attached Image: nwl7-clip2.jpg Attached Image: nwl8-clip.jpg
I've synced nwl1+2 maphacks with their Atomic counterparts, thereby fixing the wrong sector numbers for Polymer lighting.
Attached Image: nwl1-lighting.jpg
It's free after all, until you take the time to,patch up the maps...

• Weaponized Autism

I will definitely look into the maphacks. I believe I can apply them to the maps without too much trouble. Thanks for syncing the Polymer lighting btw, I hadn't thought of that, and I do plan to keep lights in maphacks.

Share this topic:

• 7 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options