Duke4.net Forums: DEMON THRONE RELEASED. - Duke4.net Forums

• 8 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

DEMON THRONE RELEASED.  "DOWNLOAD NOW!"

Thanks a lot for your comments Polunka, looks like DAN answered your questions well enough.
Im always interested in seeing your stats after completing the game. If you still have a save game bring up your tips then go to stats and take a screenshot. :)

This post has been edited by William Gee: 25 October 2020 - 01:46 PM

User is offline   Polunka 

View PostWilliam Gee, on 25 October 2020 - 01:12 PM, said:

Im always interested in seeing your stats after completing the game.

You're always welcome. See the attachment below. Once again, I'll try later to hunt down the remaining secrets where possible (should only be up to about 10), luckily, I do still have saves for those levels.

And thanks for the answers, DT. You also reminded me that I never got my hands on AA's Space Gladiators. Should check it out someday.

Attached thumbnail(s)

• Attached Image: duke0001.png

This post has been edited by Polunka: 25 October 2020 - 04:20 PM

Thanks Polunka, we have added you in a slot for the competition.
We have 1 slot left for the competition in "more guts more glory"

View PostWilliam Gee, on 26 October 2020 - 01:34 AM, said:

Thanks Polunka, we have added you in a slot for the competition.

Oh, so that was for the contest thing... Forgot about it at all. Sorry but I'd like to pass up and hand my slot over to the next person who qualifies for it. For personal reasons.

Apologies for any inconveniences this may cause (tho I highly doubt it will).

This post has been edited by Polunka: 26 October 2020 - 02:09 AM

That's fine I will leave the slot open for another person. :)

Many thanks for understanding.

User is offline   Danukem 

• Duke Plus Developer

version 1.02
-Fixed bug that allowed an infinite ammo exploit on the rocket launcher
-Two maps updated to make a couple of the more difficult puzzles more clear
-Fixed issue in shop that allowed player to buy a flask upgrade that could not be picked up

https://www.moddb.co...lms-2/downloads

User is offline   Ninety-Six 

Too big to be a patch?

• Duke Plus Developer

View PostNinety-Six, on 31 October 2020 - 07:35 PM, said:

Too big to be a patch?

Nah, it's pretty small but I'm trying to keep it simple with one download. Unless something major comes up this will be the last version for a long time. If it wasn't for the RL exploit discovery we probably wouldn't have done this one.

User is offline   Player Lin 

Would using 1.02 will made my 1.01 savegames invalid? Had no time to play DT recently so just to ask...

View PostPlayer Lin, on 01 November 2020 - 02:01 AM, said:

Would using 1.02 will made my 1.01 savegames invalid? Had no time to play DT recently so just to ask...

yes

Edit: More specifically, if loading old saves were allowed it would cause a known glitch where sprites in previously visited levels would glitch out and fly across the entire map.

This post has been edited by Doom64hunter: 01 November 2020 - 02:34 AM

Bug: Using the secondary fire for the cluster pipe bombs does not bring up the detonator.

User is offline   Player Lin 

View PostDoom64hunter, on 01 November 2020 - 02:32 AM, said:

yes

Edit: More specifically, if loading old saves were allowed it would cause a known glitch where sprites in previously visited levels would glitch out and fly across the entire map.

Well, then I should not update it...uh, so that mean I should never update until I finished my game with current savegames on 1.01, or just screw that and restart the game anyway if I want to update to 1.02??

This post has been edited by Player Lin: 01 November 2020 - 08:25 AM

• Duke Plus Developer

View PostNinety-Six, on 01 November 2020 - 05:35 AM, said:

Bug: Using the secondary fire for the cluster pipe bombs does not bring up the detonator.

Was there any version of WGR where it did? On Jedrik secondary brings up the shield, on Duke secondary makes you throw the bomb farther. Anyway, I do not consider it a bug. You think it's a bug because you know how it works in vanilla Duke.

I presumed that was intentional, that altfire detonated automatically.

Well the in-game tip didn't mention anything about it being auto-detonated, so yeah I assumed it was a bug. Especially since the times I tend to use them are against swarms of satyrs, which have shown the ability to detonate them by shooting, which is what I thought happened. That's about the only time the long throw seemed useful since it was an instant long toss instead of holding the button down, which is good since looking at a satyr for more than half a second at a time is just asking to die. Any other situation the rocket launcher or using the normal manual distance throw seemed to handle better.

As a result, the auto-detonation was not something I was ever able to witness.

• Duke Plus Developer

Autp-detonate on altfire is intentional and allows you to throw at a much higher rate since it is also the long throw button. I don't use the cluster bombs much, though. I would be happy to get rid of the weapon entirely and replace it with something more original.

I hope not; the cluster pipebombs are by far my favorite weapon. I guess I'm in the minority but I am a very frequent user of the pipebombs in normal Duke 3D. I swear by them for their sheer effectiveness and wide range of applicable uses as both a tool and a weapon. Getting enemies around corners, setting traps, killing things directly below you or above you...

So for me, having a pipebomb that explodes and then explodes 50 more times is just awesome. It can be very devastating when used properly and the carnage that comes afterwards is glorious.

View PostNinety-Six, on 01 November 2020 - 05:35 AM, said:

This should be a function of the "Alt Weapon" key, not the "Alt Fire" key.
https://wiki.eduke32...EVENT_ALTWEAPON

View PostDoom64hunter, on 02 November 2020 - 11:55 AM, said:

This should be a function of the "Alt Weapon" key, not the "Alt Fire" key.
https://wiki.eduke32...EVENT_ALTWEAPON

I meant as far as throwing it and then it pulls up the detonator automatically like it does with the primary fire.

User is offline   Jim 

where is the source code for the updated exe? Thanks!

View PostJim, on 04 November 2020 - 06:27 PM, said:

where is the source code for the updated exe? Thanks!

https://voidpoint.io/terminx/eduke32

Alright so after grinding episode 1 to 100% completion, I at last moved on to episode 2.

...And the first thing I did was find the secret entrance to Blacksand in Awakening/Descent. And then after exploring this new section of town, I got my three quests and went back to Castle Argent.

I found one of the quest items, but not the other two. In fact I found two rooms accessible from the castle exterior that looked exactly like the rooms from the Khul side of the castle, but with no quest items within. Now obviously one of those quest "items" being the king, who was said to be within the castle, I don't necessarily expect him to show up? But then what's the extra room for? Bonus? I don't see the quest info when I enter the castle proper....

In short, I'm asking if everything is working as intended, working as intended but I missed something, or a bug? I don't want to miss out on the gems if it can be helped.

The empty rooms are for quests from episode 3.

Oh. Well, glad I asked. Thank you.

Alright, back to getting my ass kicked in the dungeon. (It's the good kind of ass kicking though. At least so far it still feels like I can be doing something different and/or better and my repeated deaths are just me not being up to snuff.)

User is offline   Jim 

The updated exe with texture filtering

Attached File(s)

Great so far!

Does difficulty make a difference with the endings? Like the bonus scenes in AMC TC.

No, difficulty makes no difference.

Softlock in Temple Cress. Trap room, hit the four switches and didn't die but the stairs didn't open either.

Did you load save game and try again?

Share this topic:

• 8 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options