Duke4.net Forums: Doucheworld reaches new low in their witch hunting retardation - Duke4.net Forums

• 15 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Doucheworld reaches new low in their witch hunting retardation

User is offline   Jimmy 

• Let's go Brandon!

View Postthricecursed, on 02 July 2020 - 12:20 AM, said:

Now I see you're just reacting to past traumas/slights/disappointments, which was never in doubt anyway. We all have emotional boo-boo's and seek safety in likeminded individuals, but the risk with forming these echo chambers is the perpetuation of the same historical processes that led to WW 2 in the first place. Sure, largely these processes are perpetuated by those with an interest in gaining/staying in power, but in the end, "we the people" still hold the reins, if we choose to see it.

Creating arbitrary divisions based on trauma-triggers doesn't benefit anyone except the elites.

This is peak Jewish guilt projection lmao

View Postthricecursed, on 02 July 2020 - 09:55 AM, said:

Anyone who isn't an anti-Semite and wants to see some cool screencaps can send me a private message!

View Postthricecursed, on 02 July 2020 - 10:14 AM, said:

PS: screencaps show some of the juicier parts. Not all are from the same thread either. It can be difficult to locate the most egregious examples of what passes as a normal conversation here.

Stop being a pussy and post them publicly. You know, you've exposed yourself in this thread. Your real issue with us is that you cannot be yourself. You're afraid of being a free individual. What if people have secret information about you? That could be potentially embarrassing or damaging to your perceived reputation (in reality, your ego.) No one gives a shit about screencaps of forum conversations except scared little boys. Have some fuckin guts, son.

View Postthricecursed, on 02 July 2020 - 01:00 PM, said:

"Unlimited tolerance must lead to the disappearance of tolerance. If we extend unlimited tolerance even to those who are intolerant, if we are not prepared to defend a tolerant society against the onslaught of the intolerant, then the tolerant will be destroyed, and tolerance with them.—In this formulation, I do not imply, for instance, that we should always suppress the utterance of intolerant philosophies; as long as we can counter them by rational argument and keep them in check by public opinion, suppression would certainly be most unwise. But we should claim the right to suppress them if necessary even by force; for it may easily turn out that they are not prepared to meet us on the level of rational argument, but begin by denouncing all argument; they may forbid their followers to listen to rational argument, because it is deceptive, and teach them to answer arguments by the use of their fists or pistols. We should therefore claim, in the name of tolerance, the right not to tolerate the intolerant."

Sounds like commie bullshit but okay

View Postthricecursed, on 02 July 2020 - 01:45 PM, said:

Well, this isn't a country and the stakes aren't that high, but the same effect still applies. When you let people with hostile attitudes have free reign, all the moderates get pushed out and you're left with what you're left with.

I am totally against insults. I was quite surprised when Jimmy called somebody a faggot in a gaming thread. It just makes the place seem like the wall of a public toilet. Why I engaged in that? Well, when apes are throwing feces, you either duck or throw one back yourself. I suppose there's a certain thrill in it, but I'd give it up in a second if rules were applied equally across the board. Seriously. It's not fucking censorship, just common sense.

Oh don't be such a faggot, it's just a word.

User is offline   Phredreeke 

When did we go from a crucified Lara Croft in a Doom WAD to the freaking holocaust?

View PostPhredreeke, on 02 July 2020 - 03:01 PM, said:

When did we go from a crucified Lara Croft in a Doom WAD to the freaking holocaust?

Hitler was a perfectly normal painter until he played Tomb Raider. If it weren't for those darn video games we'd be on the moon by now.

User is offline   Forge 

• Speaker of the Outhouse

View Postjimmy is a stupid fuck, on 02 July 2020 - 02:58 PM, said:

Why bother sharing my photos in private when I've openly shared them on this very forum?

sexy bitch

User is offline   Gambini 

View PostPhredreeke, on 29 June 2020 - 09:58 AM, said:

OG thread in case anyone wants to read it http://web.archive.o...-and-shadowman/

I have no idea what this thread is about. But did anyone check the screenshots on that thread? there´s some amazing visuals and level design to see!!

This post has been edited by Gambini: 02 July 2020 - 08:02 PM

User is offline   MusicallyInspired 

• The Sarien Encounter

I concur with the point that heavy political discussion didn't start here until GG. And I did note that this was the only place where you could share your thoughts about it, or at the very least not be demonized and strawmanned at best, banned at worst, for your stance. I've been here for years and on the 3DR forums before Duke4 and there was never this kind of discussion going on that much. Most of the threads before were about the HRP and people creating content for it. I do recall an ongoing thread on the 3DR boards about Jack Thompson. That was about it.

I used to wonder why I kept hanging around here over the years. Now I believe it's because you don't get demonized and banned for your opinion. I don't share a lot in common with everyone here, but I appreciate everyone hashing things out over shutting the door on discussion and writing people off. People here will talk to you as long as you have points and arguments to raise and debate. They won't just stop and conversations can go on for weeks due to this. I commend and appreciate this. It's better than being treated less than a person.

Overblown or not, GG was the clincher that caused so many forums to tighten their grip on conversations and veritably exorcize tolerance for opposing views even when they were honest, well-meaning, and thought out. To date I haven't seen a single place preserve the freedom to share thought without having your opinions and reputation trashed other than this place. I'm including friends that I'm closer to than anyone here in that. Friends that would certainly write me off if I went in depth about topics like I can here.

I wish it weren't necessary, but a place like this simply must exist. I wish we could just talk about games but game culture has been utterly successfully interwoven with politics (maliciously so, I believe, due to hatred and contempt for people who don't think the same way) and I fear it's impossible to totally separate them now. Until people get over this cultural divide filled with strawmen and clothears and we can all live and let live to believe whatever we want, shun wrongthink policing, and exercise respect for our fellow man without cancelling him, this is the way it's going to be.

This post has been edited by MusicallyInspired: 02 July 2020 - 11:12 PM

User is offline   Jimmy 

• Let's go Brandon!

And what better place than a forum dedicated to a franchise that really deserves to stay dead.

User is online   Ninety-Six 

View PostTerminX, on 02 July 2020 - 11:03 AM, said:

I'm bothered by some of the opinions expressed in that thread, yes, but not bothered that people are given the ability to express them.

I was gonna say something to this, but just about everything I wanted to say was summed up in Musically's post. Still, I want to mention that this is the very same reason I am an active member here and not much really anywhere else. Indeed, even the main initial topic of this thread, Doomworld, is one of the worst places I think I've ever seen in this regard. I lurked in the Doomworld forums and its affiliates for a long time, only ever making a single account on a single forum just for specific questions. And even then I felt like I was walking on eggshells at all times. Everyone is constantly on edge about everything, and I've seen people get up in arms for less over there.

View PostMusicallyInspired, on 02 July 2020 - 08:13 PM, said:

I don't share a lot in common with everyone here, but I appreciate everyone hashing things out over shutting the door on discussion and writing people off. People here will talk to you as long as you have points and arguments to raise and debate. They won't just stop and conversations can go on for weeks due to this. I commend and appreciate this. It's better than being treated less than a person.

This brings me to this part of the post, which I want to sit on for a bit.

I cannot state how much I absolutely despise people who post something, and then run away from any repercussions. I think it's one of the most cowardly actions someone can do. Especially when not only do they run away, but start laughing at those who try to counter it.

I call these people "shit-bombers" and they absolutely sicken me. I realize it doesn't seem worth that much disdain, but I am a firm believer in the concept of "put up or shut up." I even extend that philosophy to much more benign conversations. You all of course know the phrase "if you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all?" I do not believe in that. However, I do believe in "if you don't have anything to say, don't say anything at all." Take note of the omitted word.

This is why I had such an issue with johnny. Not necessarily because of the opinions themselves, but because of his tendency to edit his posts with a buried, half-assed response, in order to give himself some vague sensation of having the last word. I, quite frankly, find this sort of thing disgusting. That belief was also the same reason I continued to engage with him; to try and argue and debate and reason with him.

So why am I bringing this old wound up? Because no matter how much I might disagree with certain posts, or even certain members who tend to post nothing but stuff I disagree with, I can at least respect pretty much every member on this forum (or at least the active posters). And I can respect them because, as Musically said, everyone is willing to fight it out. Nobody here says anything they're not willing to fight over.

Now this differs from Doomworld and pretty much everywhere else, where fights aren't allowed to happen, and are more or less instantly shut down through mod intervention. You are only allowed to have "approved opinions." The shutting down of these debates, or worse, the banning of members who express non-state approved opinions, I see in the exact same league as shit-bombers, with the sole difference being they have power and they're willing to use it to censor opinions they don't like. Those people tend to not only allow certain opinions to be expressed, but some go as far as to allow more radical or extreme versions of those opinions (calls for violence, etc), while hypocritically censoring more reasoned and measured opinions for being "inciting hate."

I may not have been posting here on duke4 for longer than a couple of years, but I have been lurking for about two or three more years on top of that. Even when I wasn't posting, I've seen members come and go, I've seen big flamewars erupt, I've seen a lot.

But in that time, I've almost never seen someone say something they're not willing to defend. No matter how much I may disagree with them, I have to respect them for that. So long as threats of violence and doxxing and that sort of stuff are rightfully disposed of, I not only don't see a problem with seeing opinions I don't like, but I even encourage such things. We can't change or evolve as people if we can't handle seeing something we don't like. If we aren't willing to fight to defend our own position against someone expressing the opposing view.

Even right now as I post, we are watching members battle it out over several topics of debate. It's very heated, yes, and expecting these sorts of things to not get heated is perhaps a bit naive. But as TX said, it's better that these sorts of things be allowed to be expressed than to forcibly cap them.

This philosophy of mine also extends inward, of course. If I don't feel like I can defend my position easily, or simply don't feel like battling someone on their point, then I simply do not speak at all. I do see that as respectable, and decidedly different from shit-bombing. After all, I'm not saying anything. Likewise, I see no issue with "bottoming-out" of a debate because you've either grown exhausted of it or are at the end of what you think you can accomplish. The key difference, I think, is allowing your opponent to have the last word. Without fighting just to save face on that alone and letting it die, I see that as fair. You still don't agree but you can't or won't fight anymore, but are willing to concede your opponent to have their last word. Letting them win the battle without winning the war, so to speak.

I of course understand there is still some lingering controversy regarding the outhouse and the movement of topics to it, but that's a debate for a different time. I will state that I am firmly on the fence on the issue, seeing both sides of it and as such am unable to decide for myself which is the "right" option. But again, that's neither here nor there. I think there might be merit to having a big community/forum-wide discussion of the issue at some point in the future, but I digress.

On the note of "letting them win the battle without winning the war," I suppose I'll throw in my two cents regarding the very original topic of that doomworld post. I will admit upfront that I hold very anti-censorship beliefs as a result of my philosophy. But said philosophy I think can also explain my viewpoint.

Simply put, a lot of people seem to think that hosting that sort of content explicitly means you not only agree with it, but that you expect everyone else to agree to whatever political beliefs you assign to it. In this case, that hosting the offending wad means Doomworld is okay with rape murder and whatever buzzwords they throw around, and that hosting it means every member must then also be okay with those things. Things these days are so tribalized and echo-chambery that the mere concept of existing in a community without a collective, all-encompassing opinion seems downright alien to most people.

The idea of being willing to defend your position goes both ways, I think. That is to say, you can say whatever and defend it, but those who challenge you also have the right to defend their opinion. In practice, I think simply letting the cards fall where they may is the best option. For this offensive wad, all that needs to be done is to either just not play it, or to post your opinions about it and move on. There is no need to throw a hissy fit because it simply exists and comdemn everything associated with it, no matter how remotely.

Regarding some of the things actually said in that thread, this method will inevitably mean someone will have to run into it and report on it. I am against the idea of the creator putting down "trigger warnings," because A.) they are incredibly misleading about the actual content of the work, since they are "ideally" supposed to list everything that could trigger someone, no matter how large or miniscule the topic is involved (an off-handed mention of a backstory by a character, for instance), and B.) there is no way in hell to determine what will or won't trigger someone, especially in this day and age.

Someone's gonna have to bite the bullet and potentially face things they don't like but... to be frank? Tough shit. You aren't born with the right to not be offended, nor was or can it ever be granted by a piece of paper or a legislator. Every day you wake up you risk seeing something that offends you, but that's the price of getting out of bed in the morning. If you can't handle that, then you need to seek legitimate help because the world is not going to bend over backwards to cater to your desires. To expect as such is not only naive, it is impossible through the laws of our own reality. Even if humanity turned into a hivemind that suited exactly your opinions and worldviews, some unfortunate event within daily life itself will hurt you. Hell, death is inevitable. Everyone is going die, that's going to hurt their friends and surviving family, and frankly that's one of the most offensive things ever. But it's still happening. Nothing can change that, not any economic, social, or legal policy. And humanity isn't a hivemind anyway, so good luck trying to never be offended ever.

Of course, the common defense is "it's their website and they can do what they want," to which... I agree with it in spirit, but not in practice. In spirit, yes, your site, do what you want. But if you're creating a place for people to talk and make stuff on, and dictating what can and can't be done there even if it is (immediately) harmless... well, it's not exactly a stretch to say that pretty much every other place available is enforcing the same pro-hiveminded policies. At which point the question must be asked, "where should it be posted?"

You can say "it's not my problem," but you are technically creating this problem. (especially for those who do find a place willing to host such content, at which point the twitter warrirors will swarm and comdemn it and harass everyone associated). Is it not better to have it released onto a place where it has a chance to be ignored or challenged? Rather than bottled up inside the poster until something unfortunate happens, or they manage to find an echo-chamber where its ideals will be only reinforced?

Trash will be trash, but if it's released and found that most of the community hates it and warns everyone else to not play it...then shockingly, most people won't play it. Some will out of morbid curiosity, but it's better than the alternative.

To bring it all back home, I want to add a personal note. As rough-and-tumble as this place can appear, I think it's a fair price to pay for what we get in return. Forums are dying out, and the few that still exist are rapidly turning into mini-clones of ResetEra. I have spent years on forums, calling some of them essentially my "home" (insofar as the term can be applied to internet communities). And I have felt more comfortable here than anywhere else. This place and its members can be harsh at times, but never do I have to worry about accidentally pissing someone off. Because even if I do, this place allows us to hash it out. We are free to say pretty much anything we want so long as it isn't illegal. Sure, there tends to be a fair number of conflicts, but realistically? I think this is the best we can get in this life. Because people will naturally have different opinions, open debate and arguments are downright necessary. I may not be incredibly confrontational over here, but I'm happy to exist in a place where confrontation is practically encouraged. To be in a place where the only price of speech is to be speech'd right back. Even if I adopted this same non-confrontational standpoint at Doomworld, and would probably only rarely run into conflict with someone... I prefer to keep my head down because I choose to, not because I have to, because I enjoy having the freedom to choose to raise my head back up as well; to say something I think is worth saying.

And to be honest, even in a quote-unquote "perfect world," I don't think I would have this place be any other way. If nothing else, this place is a great way to rapidly learn how to roll with the punches life can throw at you. For what little it is worth to anyone else, I've considered duke4 my new home on the internet for some time, now.

There, I've said my piece. Now enough with my sappy shit let's get back to the inferno. I've got marshmallows to go around!

This post has been edited by Ninety-Six: 03 July 2020 - 04:12 AM

Wow, that's more words than a leftist meme!

User is offline   Forge 

it's adorable when people accuse this community of being toxic because free speech = hate speech.
(or any other vague closet monster excuse)

Duke Nukem in general is an outdated toxic, misogynistic, cis-gender white male bigot and if you enjoy any of the games you're already guilty of wrong-think.

all limiting posts to the game and censoring is going to do is reduce the number of people who post here and make the community an easier target that can't/won't defend itself

User is offline   Radar 

• King of SOVL

Every moderator needs to read MusicallyInspired and Ninety-Six's post. That was beautiful. I laughed, I cried, it moved me Bob.

User is offline   Balls of Steel Forever 

• Balls of Steel Forever

I think one of the main issues with society today is they seem to not know what the word tolerance means.

They seem to think that tolerance means people that agree and align with their personal and "politically correct" opinion are the only ones who should be allowed to speak or be listened to.

Tolerance doesn't mean that.

Tolerance means "the ability or willingness to tolerate something, in particular the existence of opinions or behavior that one does not necessarily agree with." It means you are willing to accept a differing or dissenting opinion, therefore allowing them to speak, allowing them to be listened to, as they're on the exact same playing field you are.

This post has been edited by Balls Of Steel Forever: 03 July 2020 - 09:21 AM

View PostBalls Of Steel Forever, on 03 July 2020 - 09:19 AM, said:

I think one of the main issues with society today is they seem to not know what the word tolerance means.

They seem to think that tolerance means people that agree and align with their personal and "politically correct" opinion are the only ones who should be allowed to speak or be listened to.

Tolerance doesn't mean that.

Tolerance means "the ability or willingness to tolerate something, in particular the existence of opinions or behavior that one does not necessarily agree with." It means you are willing to accept a differing or dissenting opinion.

This 100%. In shorter terms, tolerance is saying "I might not like this thing but I'm going to allow it to exist anyway."

It reminds me of a time on another forum where some members, for some reason decided to ask another member who was known to be religious what they thought about gay marriage. The guy repeatedly said he didn't want to answer, but they kept pushing, and eventually he gave them an answer.

They didn't like it.

Then they all ganged up on him, saying really dumb crap like "thinking like that is the same as picketing outside a church like the westboro baptists!"

Even though the anti-gay marriage member literally never once said anything about disliking the gay members of the forum or trying to stop them or anything. Three of them just ganged up on the guy (he was legitimately one of the kindest and major non-confrontationist members of the forum, never sticking his neck out for anything, always afraid to face people down. But at least he never said anything).

Unfortunately this all happened when I was away, so I futilely tried to defend him after the dust had settled. I remember one of the attackers literally saying that "tolerance must be enforced" to which I had to point out that the victim here was the very literal definition of tolerance.

For my efforts, I was labelled a gay-basher just for standing up for someone being wrongfully attacked on all sides. Even though I literally stated my views of "not agreeing with him but he didn't do anything wrong because he literally didn't do anything."

It's like standing up on principles instead of backing up friends (I literally barely knew the guy) is something that doesn't exist.

/rant

Sorry, I get kind of worked up when people abuse the word tolerance because of that event.

This post has been edited by Ninety-Six: 03 July 2020 - 09:30 AM

User is offline   NNC 

View PostNinety-Six, on 03 July 2020 - 03:53 AM, said:

I was gonna say something to this, but just about everything I wanted to say was summed up in Musically's post. Still, I want to mention that this is the very same reason I am an active member here and not much really anywhere else. Indeed, even the main initial topic of this thread, Doomworld, is one of the worst places I think I've ever seen in this regard. I lurked in the Doomworld forums and its affiliates for a long time, only ever making a single account on a single forum just for specific questions. And even then I felt like I was walking on eggshells at all times. Everyone is constantly on edge about everything, and I've seen people get up in arms for less over there.

Fucking this. They are like Stalin's Soviet Union. The smallest misstep means heavy consequences. Heck, you don't even need a misstep. If Linguica finds you suspicious, it's curtains for you.

This post has been edited by The Watchtower: 03 July 2020 - 09:52 AM

The authors of the WAD removed the easter egg, just so everyone knows. Assuming anyone still cares.

Unlike some of you, I didn't join this forum until after forums were passe. I wasn't even a lurker, I just came here because I had problems with BuildGDX. Which I suspect will never, ever go away. But on the Doom forums, I've been like Ninty-Six, turbo-lurker, not posting squat. I've lurked on the ZDoom forums long enough to know they have a collection of personalities that just should not be moderators. I remember a specific incident regarding Lilith.pk3. Lilith is a weird mod that breaks ZDoom in order to do weird graphical glitches. What the author did was have it not work with GZDoom because most of those glitches wouldn't work there. A couple of the mods threw a tantrum over this and locked the thread because the author did not fix that. When the author won a Cacoaward, one of the mods pitched another fit.
I'm also still being surprised by people who just can't let GG go. Not having a high opinion of gaming journalists was never shocking. Reviews on most websites/magazines were just as much an advertisement as the real ads. If you told me back in the day that people would keep bringing it up years later, as if its the Satan of their religion, I'd ask what you were smoking, because that's nuts. I see it mentioned in the odd TOS of websites as one of the worst positions you can hold.
Also, I see things like trigger warnings as effectively spoilers, rather than anything useful. The author shouldn't have to spoil their work to satiate a few people. If someone else wants to do that, fine. I don't like cannibalism or zombies in my movies, but I'm not about to track down the director or writer of a film and whine just because I don't like that shit.

Author should have replaced it with a big bottle of OGAY

Lilith was one of the greatest shitshows I ever had the pleasure of watching. Some of that community's greatest feats of hypocrisy, and yet another showing that one of those certain mods was a raging asshole.

In total fairness though, at least some of the community stepped up to call the mods out on their bullshit.

User is offline   Kyanos 

Lots of straight up satanic bullshit from ID fans (like naming online accounts after demonic entities like lilith and such.) Not surprising considering the art direction their games take.

User is offline   AlieN1997 

I've never heard or met a good feminist (except for people like the director of Bubba Ho-tep, but he's not a sperg like the rest.) in my life, that being said though... this ricecursed guy basically proved that most feminists are pieces of shit that play the victim game just because they didn't have anything good happen to them in their life. Another reason why I despise talking about politics is because when you talk about politics and give your view on the world (In which I think the world is mostly full of shit these days),someone is basically gonna say EWWWW, YOAR A MYSOGANIST, SEXIST, CHAEUVENIST. Yeah, well fuck you, you literally are an excuse for birth control and I love being called a Sexist anyways. Other than that, I've heard things about Doomworld being spergy but I barely ever lurked on there except for the downloads.

View PostNinety-Six, on 03 July 2020 - 12:03 PM, said:

Lilith was one of the greatest shitshows I ever had the pleasure of watching. Some of that community's greatest feats of hypocrisy, and yet another showing that one of those certain mods was a raging asshole.

In total fairness though, at least some of the community stepped up to call the mods out on their bullshit.

No shit man, I seen a video on that spergout. The guy basically had his ego killed off because of a mod that showed the shitty things in his engine. Like shit, you're going to spaz out over a mod that shows the flaws in your f**king source port rather than just keeping professional and improving those problems. Graf Zahl man, people need to stop being so fucking offended over small things like criticism and actually improve on it, with Doomworld though, it seems to be mostly full of spergy beta males though. Lillith showed how you could break the GZDoom engine, but Doomworld acted just as spergy putting it in their Cacowards like they wanted to piss this guy off. What a clusterfuck of beta males.

User is offline   Forge 

I'm a feminist.
Women should have the same opportunities as men.
They should never lower the standards for the qualifications, though.

If you can shoulder my fat ass and carry me outside down a couple flights of stairs in a burning building, you can be a firefighter as far as I'm concerned.
If you can barely pick me up, go find a desk job or do something that doesn't require much physical exertion.

That goes for the penis equipped people as well.

View PostForge, on 07 July 2020 - 09:37 PM, said:

I'm a feminist.
Women should have the same opportunities as men.
They should never lower the standards for the qualifications, though.

If you can shoulder my fat ass and carry me outside down a couple flights of stairs in a burning building, you can be a firefighter as far as I'm concerned.
If you can barely pick me up, go find a desk job or do something that doesn't require much physical exertion.

That goes for the penis equipped people as well.

Well, I stand corrected. I agree that women should have the same opportunities as men, but every race and color should have that as well. What I really should have said is that these radical types are utter pieces of shit, they always get their circle jerk mobs that obviously never played or never watched anything (look to the many hate mob situations for example) and then they try to cancel or silence your opinion because STRONG MAN BAD or THAT'S WAYCIST, that's definitely not equality there, that's more like Nazi Germany tactics. They also get offended over the smallest of things like an offensive joke.

This post has been edited by AlieN1997: 08 July 2020 - 06:43 AM

User is offline   Forge 

Generally I also think in order to vote you should be have to either be a tax paying property owner, or sign up for selective service and be draft eligible.
If you aren't invested in the country, then you have no say in policy.
(certain exceptions like legit handicapped)

don't care about your skin color or if your genitals are an inny or an outtie

nobody is going to pay attention to you if you're a purplehaired jobless shitbag hippie that identifies as a walrus & is living in your parent's basement. No vote = no pandering politicians

This post has been edited by Forge: 08 July 2020 - 07:59 AM

User is offline   Aristotle Gumball 

• banned!

I hope they take the vote away from tax paying property owners and give it to illegal immigrants. :)

https://en.wikipedia...wiki/Geniocracy

User is offline   Radar 

• King of SOVL

The most tragic necessary evil in American history was giving women the right to vote.

View PostAlieN1997, on 07 July 2020 - 06:58 PM, said:

No shit man, I seen a video on that spergout. The guy basically had his ego killed off because of a mod that showed the shitty things in his engine. Like shit, you're going to spaz out over a mod that shows the flaws in your f**king source port rather than just keeping professional and improving those problems. Graf Zahl man, people need to stop being so fucking offended over small things like criticism and actually improve on it, with Doomworld though, it seems to be mostly full of spergy beta males though. Lillith showed how you could break the GZDoom engine, but Doomworld acted just as spergy putting it in their Cacowards like they wanted to piss this guy off. What a clusterfuck of beta males.

Not quite right. It broke zdoom's, not Gzdoom's, engine. the issue wasn't that so much as the modder enforcing a GZdoom lockout since it relied on breaking zdoom. Graf's problem wasn't that it broke his engine, he was pissed that it forced people to use an engine besides his.

I'm not sure which is pettier but it's necessary to have the record straight regardless.

User is offline   Forge 

View PostR A D A Я, on 08 July 2020 - 01:30 PM, said:

The most tragic necessary evil in American history was giving women the right to vote.

for free

it created the nanny state which gives voting rights and safety nets to people that don't do anything to earn it.

still should make them sign up for selective service. maybe not all of them can carry a gun, but they can sit in a factory and make gun parts and ammunition

@ninety-six Oh yeah, I meant to say Zdoom instead of GZDoom, but they really wanted that mod to work on GZDoom though lol.

View PostForge, on 08 July 2020 - 04:12 PM, said:

for free

it created the nanny state which gives voting rights and safety nets to people that don't do anything to earn it.

still should make them sign up for selective service. maybe not all of them can carry a gun, but they can sit in a factory and make gun parts and ammunition

Exactly. But America in my opinion died in 2001, with the start of the Gulf War where there was barely any evidence except for a vial of anthrax and two planes driving themselves into the twin towers, or at least was two twin planes, Not all conspiracy theories and shit like that are true but if it's one thing that I can believe, I believe our government already killed it's own people to push a narrative like the radical feminists like ricecursed do to cancel the opinions of others just because they don't agree with peace and happiness, and now they're ending up mostly like Rome, statues being torn down, people protesting during a virus that may or may not be actually acting, but you can thank the idiot skinsacks at the media for ruining the attention of COVID-19, but at least their radical protesting supporters will get infected in the end. (Or so as they claim)

The world has been affected by this country, but they're laughing more at it than we are, I don't blame them.

This country basically needs a restart in the system and to have all the "Old Guards" flushed out which is mostly what is happening now. It's ironic really that America didn't last as long as Rome but it definitely made an example.

This is why you never "force" your opinions on anyone and you agree to disagree instead of making witch hunts. Free will is dead for the time being, and so is the internet in some shape or form, but that's how humanity works sadly. We destroy each other and the cycle starts right back at the beginning with a clean slate, where someone had a good idea, and that their mission as a person seemed just and then people who claim to love and preach this person start perverting their own belief's message. Free will is now a shell of its former self because of insects and maggots who don't know what being a human being is. Why should they be called human beings if they are the hate that they spout out with their witch hunting beliefs. Radicals aren't people in my opinion, and they had a hand in ruining most of the world's free will. In my opinion, and you can agree or disagree, maybe even call me a few screws loose which I have some because I was also a victim of multiple emotional abuse experiences (not related to anyone close with me.) Radicals aren't people, they're sub-insects that latch onto something just because Mommy and daddy dearest didn't treat them right or they had a very hard life. If you we're a human being, you would agree to disagree and it seems like you are. Opinions are opinions.

Other than that, America has become more of a laughing-stock than a nanny state, don't blame the world for it.

Fuck cancel culture.

This post has been edited by AlieN1997: 08 July 2020 - 06:53 PM

Share this topic:

• 15 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options