Duke4.net Forums: VoidSW Public Beta - Duke4.net Forums

• 5 Pages +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

VoidSW Public Beta

User is offline   Hendricks266 

• Weaponized Autism

I thought I'd make a new thread instead of just posting in the main EDuke32 thread. VoidSW is now in public beta. It is included with EDuke32 synthesis builds.
https://dukeworld.duke4.net/eduke32/synthesis/

Extract this package to your folder to use Jimmy's widescreen weapons from Redux. Redownload if you downloaded it before this thread.
http://hendricks266.duke4.net/stuff/voidsw_redux_widescreen.7z

Great job!
Even though there are some features missing, This is still incredible!

User is offline   Jimmy 

• Let's go Brandon!

Can't wait to fire this up. Kudos, guys.

I'd also recommend pinning this thread before it gets lost.

User is offline   Master O 

View PostHendricks266, on 21 May 2020 - 09:56 PM, said:

I thought I'd make a new thread instead of just posting in the main EDuke32 thread. VoidSW is now in public beta. It is included with EDuke32 synthesis builds.
https://dukeworld.duke4.net/eduke32/synthesis/

Extract this package to your folder to use Jimmy's widescreen weapons from Redux. Redownload if you downloaded it before this thread.
http://hendricks266.duke4.net/stuff/voidsw_redux_widescreen.7z

Please sticky this thread.

User is offline   MusicallyInspired 

• The Sarien Encounter

Awesome!!!

User is offline   oasiz 

• Dr. Effector

Having done some beta testing earlier on this, this is by far the best playing port I've played so far.
Extremely smooth. Big thanks to everyone involved!

• Weaponized Autism

We've gotten reports of inaccessible secrets and progression showstoppers which can be worked around by disabling the Interpolate SO option in the menu.

User is offline   Radar 

• King of SOVL

For the weapon HUD sprites that are cut off, shouldn't they be pulled to the right, the same way they are in EDuke32?

This post has been edited by RADAЯ: 22 May 2020 - 07:56 AM

• Weaponized Autism

View PostHendricks266, on 22 May 2020 - 06:51 AM, said:

We've gotten reports of inaccessible secrets and progression showstoppers which can be worked around by disabling the Interpolate SO option in the menu.

We've added a fix that resolves the level 1 fortune cookie secret and level 2 drill. There may be other categories of issues with the sector object interpolation so please keep the reports coming.

View PostRADAЯ, on 22 May 2020 - 06:53 AM, said:

For the weapon HUD sprites that are cut off, shouldn't they be pulled to the right, the same way they are in EDuke32?

IIRC the sword looked bad this way. The plan is to bundle the widescreens with the port but that needs some more infrastructure.

User is offline   Darkus 

Is there a way to get the music working? The log show errors about it.

• Weaponized Autism

The music works as provided with all digital releases of the game. To bring your own tracks, you just need track02.ogg through track14.ogg. FLAC also works. Placing these files in a music/ subfolder is supported.

User is offline   t800 

Emerging from depths of lurking to say - congratulations! Finally, modern feeling source port for Shadow Warrior. It really deserved one, last big Build game to get one.
Even official expansion packs work nicely. Are you going to add support for MIDIs for those of us who prefer original shareware soundtrack?
Few nitpicks I noticed so far:
- Multishot firing mode for riot gun sometimes fails and only fires one shot. If you use it again, it works corretly.
- Displaying F1 help screen during gameplay sometimes causes screen and even enemy sprites to "vibrate" slighly in place.

Looking forward to next versions. ;)

User is offline   Darkus 

Got the music working, I made my ogg files from my CD. However, I have problems with adjusting the music volume, when I launch VoidSW, the volume is at maximum, until I reach the sound menu. And sometimes, leaving the menu set back the music volume at 100%.

User is offline   Radar 

• King of SOVL

View PostHendricks266, on 22 May 2020 - 01:33 PM, said:

IIRC the sword looked bad this way. The plan is to bundle the widescreens with the port but that needs some more infrastructure.

The sword would only need it for its idle state, and probably the first frame of its attack. I dunno, I think it looks good.

Posted Image

Posted Image

User is offline   Mark 

I just installed VoidSW. If I use the mouse wheel to select difficulty it sends the cursor into a loop that can only be broken by going to task manager and shut down the program. Works fine with up/down arrow key selection. I just grabbed the exe and put it in my SWP folder. I'll try with a clean install and see what happens.

EDIT: Did a clean install. Actually any menu selection using the mouse wheel sends the cursor into the loop.

This post has been edited by Mark: 22 May 2020 - 03:20 PM

User is offline   Jimmy 

• Let's go Brandon!

View PostRADAЯ, on 22 May 2020 - 03:05 PM, said:

The sword would only need it for its idle state, and probably the first frame of its attack. I dunno, I think it looks good.

It's looks... Okay. I like the idea of bundling it with the port. SW has less modding capabilities, so I think it's more doable than including widescreen fixes with EDuke32.

User is offline   Kyanos 

View PostMARTYR, on 22 May 2020 - 08:14 PM, said:

It's looks... Okay. I like the idea of bundling it with the port. SW has less modding capabilities, so I think it's more doable than including widescreen fixes with EDuke32.

I agree with this. VoidSW seems much more in line with the spirit of a true port, where EDuke32 has evolved into the realm of game engine above and beyond it's origins in Duke3D. If that makes any sense.

is there any way to cap fps or to enable vsync?

User is offline   Phredreeke 

r_vsync in console, doesn't seem to persist after quitting though

How do you get the expansions working? I can select the GRP and it shows the title of the expansion in the menu, even replaces the enemy sprites with humans for Wanton Destruction but always starts the E1M1 from the base game.
Disregard my idiocy. The shareware episodes show up everywhere but you do get the proper episode(s) showing in the menu. This is a million times better than Classic Redux which coughs up blood and crashes at every turn.

This post has been edited by Searinox Navras: 23 May 2020 - 12:11 PM

View PostSearinox Navras, on 23 May 2020 - 12:08 PM, said:

How do you get the expansions working? I can select the GRP and it shows the title of the expansion in the menu, even replaces the enemy sprites with humans for Wanton Destruction but always starts the E1M1 from the base game.
Disregard my idiocy. The shareware episodes show up everywhere but you do get the proper episode(s) showing in the menu. This is a million times better than Classic Redux which coughs up blood and crashes at every turn.

I do wonder if it is better to use the original GRP files for the expansions or the modified proasms versions?

I'm not familiar with the more recent EDuke32-based builds, what file do I use to set console variables at startup?

autoexec.cfg?

User is offline   LeoD 

• Duke4.net topic/3513

View PostPhredreeke, on 23 May 2020 - 01:33 PM, said:

autoexec.cfg?
autoload!

User is offline   Radar 

• King of SOVL

If he's talking about in-game console variables, those are defined in the cfg file typically. (voidsw.cfg in this case)

This post has been edited by RADAЯ: 23 May 2020 - 01:50 PM

Autoexec.cfg does nothing in voidsw, and swvoid.cfg deletes any lines with variables I set in the file. I was able to verify this with r_shadeinterpolate, which works from in-game console but is not activated at startup in any config file. Looking through voidsw I couldn't find it referencing any autoexec.cfg either, as for autoload, it seems to only process game files, not console variables. Also, the music doesn't loop, unless I reload a save.

This post has been edited by Searinox Navras: 23 May 2020 - 02:44 PM

User is offline   Radar 

• King of SOVL

In EDuke32, r_shadeinterpolate is added to "settings.cfg", which I see VoidSW is not creating. I'm sure it will work eventually.

This post has been edited by RADAЯ: 23 May 2020 - 03:40 PM

User is offline   Jimmy 

• Let's go Brandon!

View PostKyanos, on 23 May 2020 - 04:47 AM, said:

I agree with this. VoidSW seems much more in line with the spirit of a true port, where EDuke32 has evolved into the realm of game engine above and beyond it's origins in Duke3D. If that makes any sense.

Eh, I'd even disagree with a more basic port like JFDuke bundling art fixes, because the way art works isnt as modular as say Doom. I dunno, maybe theres an advanced way to include art fixes but I could see it still causing issues somehow. Voidpoint knows more about the internals than me anyhow.

adding the ifcrc token limits new tiles to only override specific ones - leaving TCs that change them unaffected

Is the Brightness setting working for anyone?

Share this topic:

• 5 Pages +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options