Duke4.net Forums: VoidSW Public Beta - Duke4.net Forums

• 3 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

VoidSW Public Beta

User is online   Hendricks266 

• Weaponized Autism

View PostDefinitely Not Robman, on 24 May 2020 - 07:38 AM, said:

It would be recommended to have the key defaults be the same as the defaults in the original.

You are the only person on earth who would make such an asinine request.

Regarding MIDI music, for the shareware part of the game, VoidSW does play it but seems to only want to do OPL emulation; changing MusicDevice seems to have no effect. It doesn't sound at all like the original music much. With EDuke32 I cheat and use Raze's soundfont as eduke32.sf2 but VoidSW doesn't seem to recognise that as voidsw.sf2.

Am I to assume that due to the prevalence of people using the OST from Steam/GOG (or ripped from a genuine original SW CD LOL), there is no support for any other form of MIDI playback? If there is such support, how can I enable it, please?

Is there some option I'm missing when building from source? I can only get it to build EDuke, not VoidSW. It doesn't register my SW files as existing.

User is offline   LeoD 

• Topic #3513

View PostMorpheus Kitami, on 26 July 2020 - 08:03 AM, said:

Is there some option I'm missing when building from source? I can only get it to build EDuke, not VoidSW. It doesn't register my SW files as existing.
make[.exe] voidsw[.exe]

View PostMorpheus Kitami, on 26 July 2020 - 08:03 AM, said:

On Linux, the target for VoidSW is "sw", I built it yesterday. ( Didn't think the target would be different on Windows, but since I won't pollute my PC with that, I cant' say :P )

User is offline   LeoD 

• Topic #3513

View PostMartin Howe, on 27 July 2020 - 02:15 PM, said:

On Linux, the target for VoidSW is "sw", I built it yesterday. ( Didn't think the target would be different on Windows, but since I won't pollute my PC with that, I cant' say :P )
Works on Windows/MSYS2/MinGW, too. Builds both game and editor executables. The latter (Wangulator) is mostly unusable, though.

Works fine, but doesn't build the editor for some reason. If it is unusable I don't see much point in trying for it. Thanks.

Share this topic:

• 3 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options