Duke4.net Forums: VoidSW Public Beta - Duke4.net Forums

• 4 Pages +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

VoidSW Public Beta

User is offline   jkas789 

I have not tested the issue with other source ports but I'm at home atm so I'll try it out and report if on my side it is a user issue or a possible source port issue.

User is online   Phredreeke 

View Postrandir14, on 29 October 2020 - 11:34 AM, said:

I also tested Shadow Warrior with BuildGDX and Raze, neither had the same issue. In fact Raze runs like butter which is weird since I thought it was based on VoidSW code.

The game side code is based on VoidSW. the engine side code is different, it uses Polymost to generate geometry but then uses its own backend to draw it.

Can confirm, a micro stutter on my machine (a laptop with a gtx 960m, i7 6700 hq and 16 gb of ram, and two ssd one of 100 gb and the other of 1 tb) while playing Shadow Warrior on 1920x1080. I tried lowering the resolution to 720 however I noticed the same stutter. It a minor thing frankly and not very noticeable, but it is there.

Edit: forgot to add, im using the void executable of the latest synth r9273.

This post has been edited by jkas789: 29 October 2020 - 12:33 PM

User is online   Jimmy 

• 1776 World Wide

I think this happens in everything that uses Polymost.

User is offline   Hendricks266 

• Weaponized Autism

Can you try different values of the r_glfinish cvar? If that changes nothing, please see: https://forums.duke4...ing-megathread/

View PostHendricks266, on 29 October 2020 - 01:01 PM, said:

Can you try different values of the r_glfinish cvar? If that changes nothing, please see: https://forums.duke4...ing-megathread/

Changed the value from 0 to 1 and Jesus Christ the game plays so smooth now. I tried to play through as many busy maps as I could remember and yup. No micro stutters. Should this value be changed every time I load the game?

User is offline   Hendricks266 

• Weaponized Autism

Glad to hear that's all it took to fix your issue. It not being saved is a bug.

Now what we need to figure out is how the engine can detect what the correct behavior should be depending on the user's setup and do that automatically without needing this user-tunable knob.

Share this topic:

• 4 Pages +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options