Duke4.net Forums: ZOMBIE Mods - Duke4.net Forums

• 6 Pages +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

ZOMBIE Mods  "DECAY TC, Zombie Crisis, etc."

User is offline   escapist 

'made a low poly version of this pretty boy from R.E.

'already rigged. maybe i'll get started on the animation... :blink:

Attached thumbnail(s)

• Attached Image: zombie.jpg

User is offline   Mblackwell 

• Evil Overlord

That actually looks pretty damned useful. Go for it.

User is offline   Hudson 

• Meat Popsicle

That's awesome man!

User is offline   chicken 

• Fashionable Modeler

That's badass...

• Fashionable Modeler

Here's another picture of the zombie i posted earlier. I gave him a makeover so he looks more dead.

And also a W.I.P. pic of another model i'm working on right now.
He's supposed to move forward by using his hands because he had this nasty little mishap...

Attached thumbnail(s)

• Attached Image: zombierender1.jpg

User is offline   d3drocks 

View PostMblackwell, on Jun 17 2009, 08:59 PM, said:

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

I dont know why, but something about those screenshots just say counter-strike source to me.
looks like fun tho. cant wait to see this one finished.

User is offline   Sangman 

I guess it's the gun? (though I don't think it's from CS)

User is offline   Jaxx 

The gun and the gloves are from a CSS mod :blink:

good stuff my good man can't wait for this mod to come out i can always appreciate a good zombie mod :blink:

can't wait to see more pictures of the progress that's being made

'took these guys to town...
this will look really badass in Polymer. :blink:

Attached thumbnail(s)

• Attached Image: duke0001.jpg

This post has been edited by escapist: 21 July 2009 - 01:33 PM

User is offline   Cage 

nice, they just need some more skins to nullify the 'clone wars' look :blink:

User is offline   Mark 

In the pic your crosshair is on the zombie in back,not the one in your face. You are a brave soul indeed. :blink:

User is offline   Tea Monster 

• Polymancer

BUMP

Any progress?

I was looking at the Starbeast TC and just thought "Now wouldn't some nice Polymer Lighting just set one of these Zombie mods on fire?" But I saw that Escapist beat me to it!

• Evil Overlord

Sadly, all of the people who were mapping for it dropped off of the planet. It was only a 5ish map mod, but all of the maps are 25-75% done. If someone wants to tackle it I can give them an outline and they can either edit the maps or completely replace them. There's very little left to do code wise, and I don't think anything art wise (unless someone wants to retexture models, but it's not important).

User is offline   Danukem 

• Duke Plus Developer

That's why my latest project uses only good old-fashioned user maps, which exist in abundance. Every mapper on the planet can decide they will never map again, and it won't make a damn bit of difference to me. It's so liberating! Actually, the majority of my projects have been kind of like that, but it's still liberating. EDIT: Sorry, I didn't look at the thread title and notice how OT my post was until it was too late.

This post has been edited by DeeperThought: 16 February 2010 - 10:30 PM

• Evil Overlord

Ha, it's okay.

I mean, I could simply cactor all of the original enemies into the various enemies in the mod, but of course I'd rather have the mod completed as intended, or at least close to it.

• Fashionable Modeler

this mod is definitely something that interests me.
But as i understood it the whole thing is on halt because atm everyone is busy with something else.

Edit: MBlackwell, there is not a chance that you upload the whole batch somewhere and send me downloadlink?
I can't promise that i will start mapping for it (i'm a slow and clumsy mapper) but i'd really like to have a look...

This post has been edited by chicken: 17 February 2010 - 02:56 AM

• Polymancer

View Postchicken, on Feb 17 2010, 02:52 AM, said:

this mod is definitely something that interests me.
But as i understood it the whole thing is on halt because atm everyone is busy with something else.

Edit: MBlackwell, there is not a chance that you upload the whole batch somewhere and send me downloadlink?
I can't promise that i will start mapping for it (i'm a slow and clumsy mapper) but i'd really like to have a look...

Seconded. My mapping isn't brilliant, but I'd like to see if I can help.

User is offline   Mark 

Thirded <_< <_<

User is offline   Stabs 

I'd map for this, here and there in off time, its got models and new textures so why not

• Evil Overlord

Alright, I'll PM each of you with info and a link. After that, if more than one person decides they are interested I'll see about getting a development board set up here.

If anyone else wants to help out, let me know.

Also, since the mod is so old, feel free to pretty much post openly about it, as long as you don't post the content.

This post has been edited by Mblackwell: 17 February 2010 - 11:23 AM

• Polymancer

It may be good for those who receieved a file to declare an interest in a particular map, or part of a map, so that we don't duplicate work.

User is offline   Mark 

I just started going through the maps late last night and will do more tonight. Like MBlackwell mentioned, if a few people show an interest in the next couple of days maybe an .svn can be made and people list what they would like to work on. But if there is something you know you want to do right now go ahead and proclaim it <_<

User is offline   Stabs 

I'd probably like to work with the hospital most, ive always wanted to do one of those

Is there a .bat i should be using to run this?

• Evil Overlord

No, just grab Duke3d.grp (unless it's already there, I can't recall), and then run it with EDuke32. There's probably a version of EDuke32 already included that's known to work with the mod.

• Fashionable Modeler

There are so many maps included that i'm confused at the moment which ones are the real ones.

The first map of the first episode (Trouble Downtown) plays well but has standard Duke-textures which is out of place.
Will it be included?

This post has been edited by chicken: 19 February 2010 - 12:39 AM

• Evil Overlord

The ones I mentioned in the e-mail by map name are the only ones in the final mod. The rest are just for testing and potentially DM (which means they may make it but are unimportant).

The "Trouble Downtown" map is also for testing. Decay is a merge of two other zombie projects (Zombies TC and The Genesis Project) from long ago, and Zombies had that map as its one and only. It's not meant for the final mod though.

The maps should eventually be connected in the order given by the design document for levels I pasted into the e-mails.

This post has been edited by Mblackwell: 19 February 2010 - 09:21 AM

<_< nice
'good to see this thread back from the dead!
originally, i had this lofty ambition of creating levels based on famous zombie movies (Dawn of the Dead, Night of the Living Dead, Zombieland, etc.....)
but when i discovered that none of my computers can handle Polymer, my motivation for modding was obliterated for a while.

maybe this renewed enthusiasm from the community will help me resurrect from the grave. <_<

• Fashionable Modeler

Does this mod use polymer? I don't think so...
Neither can my computer run polymer but everything looked good in polymost.

@MBlackwell: I reread your PM, reading definitely helps <_<

This post has been edited by chicken: 19 February 2010 - 03:56 PM

User is offline   Mark 

No Polymer. Its using a very old version of Eduke.

Share this topic:

• 6 Pages +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options