Duke4.net Forums: ZOMBIE Mods - Duke4.net Forums

• 6 Pages +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

ZOMBIE Mods  "DECAY TC, Zombie Crisis, etc."

User is offline   Jukno Kim 

HRP seems to be in hiatus till Polymer comes out. I'm sure there are lots of modellers/animators/texturers out there itching for a good project to contribute to.

We need to resurrect DECAY TC !
Now THAT'S a project everybody can get excited about!!

This post has been edited by Jukno Kim: 21 July 2009 - 11:33 AM

User is offline   diehard 

View PostJukno Kim, on Jun 17 2009, 05:47 PM, said:

HRP seems to be in hiatus till Polymer comes out. I'm sure there are lots of modellers/animators/texturers out there itching for a good project to contribute to.

Decay is still being worked on map-wise by me, there is a bunch of content done. I don't know if anyone else is doing anything but I know Mblackwell is still attached. We have been working on Project Blue Skies and put Decay on the backburner.

Are any originators of Decay around? do they mind if more people are brought on board? I have a ton of models, textures that can be added to the project but obviously needs some help.

User is offline   Jimmy 

• Let's go Brandon!

View PostJukno Kim, on Jun 17 2009, 06:47 PM, said:

It never excited me.

User is offline   Mblackwell 

• Evil Overlord

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

Decay.

Hudson basically put me in charge since he has had a lot of personal stuff going on, and I don't really mind personally if people wish to help. If he steps in and objects of course, I'll remit. Anyway, there is already a few maps, most of which are anywhere from 30-70% done and just need cleanup and finalizing (and stringing together). There's a large number of resources, which are all already in existence, and all but maybe 2 enemies are programmed in (although I can't remember which, or if I even have them since they weren't very important overall). The zombies could use a remodel, although it's not important if there's no time.

After that it's just a matter of someone making the DM map I'm hoping for (a graveyard). Then I can program the DM mode that was planned for the game. Post if you want to help, just be aware you're working on something so far done that I'm less willing to add effects besides the few left that are planned, so you can't go crazy with coding requests.

This post has been edited by Mblackwell: 17 June 2009 - 05:00 PM

User is offline   chicken 

• Fashionable Modeler

When Blue Skies is done, this is definitely something i'd like to contribute to.
I've been watching the thread on 3dr like a year ago and was kinda disappointed when it came to a halt.

User is offline   Hellbound 

The shitty thing is that zombie model has been remodelled, reanimated and retextured already by me and Cage. The problem is that there was no way to export it. And then my (next) disk crashed and I don't have sources, but maybe Cage have something to export it from.

View PostHellbound, on Jun 18 2009, 07:27 AM, said:

The shitty thing is that zombie model has been remodelled, reanimated and retextured already by me and Cage. The problem is that there was no way to export it. And then my (next) disk crashed and I don't have sources, but maybe Cage have something to export it from.

Well I have a bunch of zombie models but they need animated...

• Fashionable Modeler

View Postdiehard, on Jun 18 2009, 04:34 AM, said:

Well I have a bunch of zombie models but they need animated...

Can you send me one?
(Please also that new screentexture, you know which one ;) )
Just to have a look.

Edit: Maybe escapist might also come on board on this mod?

This post has been edited by chicken: 18 June 2009 - 04:47 AM

View Postchicken, on Jun 18 2009, 07:44 AM, said:

Can you send me one?
(Please also that new screentexture, you know which one ;) )

Sure, will do when im home from work.

I actually got the screen texture on the model so its good. I just wanted to have 2 versions one that was blank and one that had something displayed.

First let us see those zombie models.

View PostHellbound, on Jun 18 2009, 11:11 AM, said:

Sure, I can pm it to you tonight after work.

View PostHellbound, on Jun 18 2009, 10:11 AM, said:

pm'd

User is offline   escapist 

View Postchicken, on Jun 18 2009, 05:44 AM, said:

... Maybe escapist might also come on board on this mod?

oh yeah! Can I? ;)

• Evil Overlord

Yeah, it's cool with me. Of course, right now it's more important to finish Blue Skies, but if you're up for it.

Also more mapping help would be good if any mappers are interested. You'll have a whole texture suite, and level geometry, to work with already.

Hellbound...any luck on that model?

If you want to know my opinion, the model is as shitty as present ones in Decay

Posted Image

maybe a bit less shitty, but shitty anyway

• Evil Overlord

What we maybe should do is get someone to reskin all of the zombie models. It would help improve the overall look, even if not much else can be done.

View PostMblackwell, on Jun 26 2009, 10:06 AM, said:

What we maybe should do is get someone to reskin all of the zombie models. It would help improve the overall look, even if not much else can be done.

Yeah I actually think it doesn't look too bad...it just needs a new face.

User is offline   Hudson 

• Meat Popsicle

View PostMblackwell, on Jun 17 2009, 07:59 PM, said:

Hudson basically put me in charge since he has had a lot of personal stuff going on, and I don't really mind personally if people wish to help. If he steps in and objects of course, I'll remit.

I don't mind at all dude, like I said before she's your baby now ;) I would love to see it finished, so do as you see fit.

• Evil Overlord

View PostHudson, on Jun 26 2009, 10:39 AM, said:

I don't mind at all dude, like I said before she's your baby now ;) I would love to see it finished, so do as you see fit.

;) Thank you for the vote of confidence. We'll all try not to let you down! ...even if it takes us awhile ;)

User is offline   Mark 

That zombie skin texture looks great. It looks just like Grandma's vericose veins in her legs. ;)

User is offline   Jukno Kim 

Fat zombies?
LOL....only in America ;)

User is offline   Tea Monster 

• Polymancer

View PostJukno Kim, on Jun 27 2009, 01:36 AM, said:

Fat zombies?
LOL....only in America ;)

They have them like that in England as well. I don't know about the rest of Europe.

That model isn't bad for old HRP standards. You need to next-gen it a bit (well, OK, a lot). The body and especially the head needs some more definition. See that wound in his belly? That needs to be MUCH worse! ;)

• Fashionable Modeler

View PostTea Monster, on Jun 27 2009, 07:48 PM, said:

They have them like that in England as well. I don't know about the rest of Europe.

We got quite a lot fat people in Germany bot very few zombies ;)

View Postchicken, on Jun 28 2009, 05:38 AM, said:

I wanted to say the same. AFAIK people in germany are pretty overfooded ;) Hails from Polen!

User is offline   Master Fibbles 

• I have the power!

View Postchicken, on Jun 28 2009, 08:38 AM, said:

You can't have zombies in Germany, don't they have to be robots? ;)

• Fashionable Modeler

View PostMr.Flibble, on Jun 28 2009, 07:07 AM, said:

You can't have zombies in Germany, don't they have to be robots? ;)

The zombieplague was a real pain in the a.., but the robots finally got the upper hand.

User is offline   Hudson 

• Meat Popsicle

View PostMblackwell, on Jun 26 2009, 12:01 PM, said:

;) Thank you for the vote of confidence. We'll all try not to let you down! ...even if it takes us awhile ;)

"There's no rush!" - RTRP Slogan ;)

Haha ;)

User is offline   Mateos 

Possibly a stupid question, is there a download link for his TC, or it has never been released ?

This post has been edited by Mateos: 28 June 2009 - 11:36 PM

• Fashionable Modeler

Not yet

Share this topic:

• 6 Pages +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options