Duke4.net Forums: What are you working on for Duke right now? - Duke4.net Forums

• 362 Pages +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

What are you working on for Duke right now?  "Post about whatever Duke related stuff you're doing"

User is offline   Graphics 

@Seb Luca: Your project looks awesome!

Okay, without explaining to much. I figured out a neat way to make player skins without editing the game's code. This method uses the color palette and some of the EDuke32 features meant for 3d sprite work. But there might be a glitch when walking into areas that are assigned to that palette. I'm hoping that's only on the palette with the same number. Because then, it wouldn't glitch out.

Well, I'm working on this, I leave you guys with a screenshot of an apple made in the Build engine, using TROR. If all goes right, my mod should be the first Duke Nukem multiplayer mod with multipliable player skins.

Attached thumbnail(s)

• Attached Image: capt0002.png

This post has been edited by Graphics: 14 July 2024 - 05:02 PM

It works, the multiplayer skin trick for my mod. Needless to say, there are only two player skins so far, and that's Duke Nukem and a Pigcop. I hope to add more later. But for this next update, it's a good start.

Attached thumbnail(s)

• Attached Image: duke0002.png
  • Attached Image: duke0003.png

User is offline   Seb Luca 

Thank you very much ;)

@juvenite : I think XP is the best version. It allows so much freedom, as long as we immerse ourselves in the code. Good luck too for your project. I hope we will see samples.

@Graphics : Superb apple, which although simple, it defies the constraints of build. And the menu is very refreshed. Well done !

So ! I return to the construction of my project ;)
Posted Image

This post has been edited by Seb Luca: 16 July 2024 - 02:07 PM

They say never give up on a good thing. To think, I was considering ditching this map. But, after fixing and updating the landscape pieces. I got back to work on this one. I expanded the terrain, added more textures and fixed up the areas that were eyesores. Here's a screenshot of the work I've done.

Attached thumbnail(s)

• Attached Image: capt0001.png

Sorry if I'm over posting here. But I just wanted to share the progress on this map. Expanded the map more and added a small island, I always seem to add to my landscape maps. Here are some detailed screenshots. The size of the map is bigger than the default grid map and covers just about 35% the maxed-out grid map.

Correct specs.
1146/4096 sec. 5448/16384 wal. 532/16384 spr.

With some simple modifications, I could probably run this on DOS. Also, I figured out something neat about TROR (from EDuke32) lakes with see through water... I'm only going to need 1 TROR divide to make the see through water with beach beds (curved hills under water). Meaning, I could go nuts on TROR with this map and still have a see through lake. Like the Goose Island graphics test a few years ago.

Attached thumbnail(s)

• Attached Image: capt0000.png
  • Attached Image: capt0001.jpg
  • Attached Image: capt0002.png

This post has been edited by Graphics: 22 July 2024 - 08:58 AM

User is offline   brullov 

• Senior Artist at TGK

I think that TROR is underestimated in use as a reflected floor effect. Made a simple rain script and graphics to test the concept:

User is offline   darkcaleb 

Hey there guys i am just gonna drop this here. This was my last update of resident evil mod. Its a unreleased project. Do whatever you want with it. And this is my exit from the community.

https://www.mediafir...4%2529.rar/file

This post has been edited by darkcaleb: 04 August 2024 - 09:34 AM

I love those reflections. I believe you're on to something. I remember doing something similar, but it wasn't a good as what you've done. I hope you don't mind if I borrow that on some my maps.

As for me, I had fun working on the Link to the past map last night. Here's how it's currently looking. I might also update my mod soon with all this work I've done. And good morning, everyone.

Attached thumbnail(s)

• Attached Image: capt0005.png
  • Attached Image: capt0009.png
  • Attached Image: capt0010.png

This post has been edited by Graphics: 07 August 2024 - 06:49 AM

I am almost finished butchering incubator
Attached Image: capt0524.jpg

Hey guys, I just finished porting over ToiletDuck64's recreation of Wet Dry World from Mario 64. What I did was add the textures from Mario 64, replaced all the Duke3d textures and fixed the skybox. It was set to pal 1 and was a little tricky to resolve, but I did it. Here are two screenshots, running in OpenGL and Software Mode. I'm going to update my mod soon.

Attached thumbnail(s)

• Attached Image: capt0000.png
  • Attached Image: capt0001.png

Share this topic:

• 362 Pages +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options