Duke4.net Forums: What are you working on for Duke right now? - Duke4.net Forums

• 361 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

What are you working on for Duke right now?  "Post about whatever Duke related stuff you're doing"

View PostTURBOKID, on 08 January 2018 - 09:15 PM, said:

Just these
The textures are giving me the business :D

Attachment duke0011.png

Attachment duke0017.png

In the case of the Pigcops I would say that, personally, the black outlines are slightly too big, too noticeable, too marked ... The Green Trooper's outlines however are better IMO

User is offline   Sanek 

I just decided that I'll make my new game a first-person platformer, not a FPS. I'm sorry guys. :D
I don't think that I'm able to make something like that from scratch, since it will require a lot of time and effort from other people - the programmer and the sprite artist.
However, I still like the idea of making the retro-styled first-person platformer, and making a game of such kind calls for a very different approach to gameplay mechanics and ideas than a tipycal shooter. Besides, if I'll make a small FPS and release it this year it will be demolished by AMC TC and Ion Maiden. ;)

I know that CandyMania was not a huge success. I don't even intend it to be. But the existing reviews for it and players' reaction is universally positive, people enjoyed that thing and making a simillar game is not a bad idea. A game that will feature the same type of gameplay, but will be much more polished.
That's it. I don't know if you really interested, but I'll better said it to all of you, who saw my previous post. B)

User is offline   TURBOKID 

Attached Image: DUKE_EX3.png

I was working on Duke holding a shotgun. Did anyone ever make sprites with Duke holding accurate weapons? If not, I might try to make them all, but I need 3d models of the weapons. I got inspired by Doom Project Brutality.

Attached Image: dukeshotgun.png

View Postsebabdukeboss20, on 09 January 2018 - 06:26 PM, said:

I was working on Duke holding a shotgun. Did anyone ever make sprites with Duke holding accurate weapons? If not, I might try to make them all, but I need 3d models of the weapons. I got inspired by Doom Project Brutality.

Attachment dukeshotgun.png

That mod oozes inspiration, my project is a mix of Brutal Doom and Borderlands :dukecigar:

:dukecigar:

Attached thumbnail(s)

• Attached Image: DNARScreen.png

Attached Image: duke0036.png
Attached Image: duke0042.png

User is offline   Sanek 

Title's font look like a font for a mobile Duke game.

This post has been edited by Sanek: 11 January 2018 - 02:13 PM

Attached Image: Menu.png
Attached Image: ARL.png

View PostSanek, on 11 January 2018 - 02:12 PM, said:

Title's font look like a font for a mobile Duke game.

Appreciate your opinion but there is a reason for its look

This post has been edited by TURBOKID: 11 January 2018 - 02:44 PM

Was messing about some more with the title, here it is in game, feel like it gives the right feel now (This should be kind of like Borderlands made in the 90s) need some help with logo placement so if anyone could help that would be great. Also throwing around ideas for the shrinker, always liked the DNF version so might go with that

Attached Image: duke0000.png

Attached Image: Shrinker.png

Wanted to include Dukes standard pistol but always thought the shaping was a bit off. so im hoping this fix will fit in with the rest of the weapons

Attached Image: 2524.png Attached Image: 2524.png

User is offline   Micky C 

• Honored Donor

#Episode 3

Attached thumbnail(s)

• Attached Image: duke0267.png

This post has been edited by Micky C: 13 January 2018 - 12:22 AM

View PostMicky C, on 13 January 2018 - 12:21 AM, said:

#Episode 3

Great !
This looks like an English place O_o

BTW TURBOKID, I believe Duke's standard pistol is said to be a "beefed-up" Glock so with your second picture I'd say you've got a good base for it, as for the title screen I really like the look of the Enforcer and Pigcop, and the overall thing reminds me of Duke Advance in a way, the style is kinda the same (also considering that the trooper sprite you use seems to be taken from Advance) :dukecigar:

User is offline   Loke 

#Episode 3

#gethyped

User is offline   Merlijn 

#Episode 3

That looks great! The release date is "when it's done" I presume?

This post has been edited by Merlijn: 13 January 2018 - 03:46 AM

User is offline   Loke 

View PostMerlijn, on 13 January 2018 - 03:34 AM, said:

That looks great! The release dat is "when it's done" I presume?

This year hopefully.

User is offline   Fox 

• Fraka kaka kaka kaka-kow!

Posted Image

User is offline   Phredreeke 

PLUs for the font?

User is offline   Sanek 

View PostTheDragonLiner, on 13 January 2018 - 12:28 AM, said:

Great !
This looks like an English place O_o

I thought it was something like Washington DC.

btw, do you have some kind of a new HUD there? I don't remember seeing it before.

View PostSanek, on 13 January 2018 - 05:37 AM, said:

I thought it was something like Washington DC.

btw, do you have some kind of a new HUD there? I don't remember seeing it before.

Sounds plausible too >_>

I believe Micky gets a new HUD based on the helmet he's wearing along with his SMART suit in order to fit the "Iron Man" style more... I find it's also a nice technical performance, and another landmark making the mod stand out of the rest !

This post has been edited by TheDragonLiner: 13 January 2018 - 05:51 AM

View PostFox, on 13 January 2018 - 04:04 AM, said:

Posted Image

Fox, My project here is set on the Duke64 base. Id love some help if your interested?

User is offline   Fox 

It won't take long until I release version 1.0 of the mod, expect the code to be almost entirely rewritten...

User is offline   Jblade 

You know I keep forgetting that Micky's using a 4:3 resolution :dukecigar: Widescreen support is much better in this episode, I'm working my way through every weapon in the mod and making sure it works in both modes and also adding code so that the sprite edges don't appear onscreen anymore under some circumstances. Only downside is that sky boxes don't play nicely with widescreen mode turned on, which I hope can be fixed before the episode is released.

This post has been edited by Jblade: 13 January 2018 - 01:27 PM

Fox, will you be implementing my suggestion of a button for switching between ammo types?

If the third AMC episode is the final installment, you guys can add some minor enemies from the second episode that would be logic to encounter even into the first in a way to refresh it also for people already played (and probably increase the challenge)?

Yeah, we can kinda say the same thing for DN3D "Why the Enforcers does not appear from the first episode? Why the aliens should not send them in Los Angeles?" 3Drealms decided like this, but we can do what we want with our stuff.

This post has been edited by Fantinaikos: 13 January 2018 - 02:05 PM

The reason there are no enforcers in episode 1 is
Spoiler

User is offline   Fox 

View PostPhredreeke, on 13 January 2018 - 01:55 PM, said:

Fox, will you be implementing my suggestion of a button for switching between ammo types?

Yah. Maybe I add it for Eduke32 itself.

This could have turned out better

Attached Image: Meh.png

View PostFantinaikos, on 13 January 2018 - 02:04 PM, said:

If the third AMC episode is the final installment, you guys can add some minor enemies from the second episode that would be logic to encounter even into the first in a way to refresh it also for people already played (and probably increase the challenge)?

Yeah, we can kinda say the same thing for DN3D "Why the Enforcers does not appear from the first episode? Why the aliens should not send them in Los Angeles?" 3Drealms decided like this, but we can do what we want with our stuff.

I believe Ep3 for AMC is not intended to be the last, I remember they mentioned an original plan for 5 episodes, but they're focusing on 4 for the time being >_>

Share this topic:

• 361 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options