Duke4.net Forums: What are you working on for Duke right now? - Duke4.net Forums

• 361 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

What are you working on for Duke right now?  "Post about whatever Duke related stuff you're doing"

User is offline   Jimmy 

• Let's go Brandon!

View PostGambini, on Jul 3 2009, 12:27 PM, said:

It´s for a Source mod where i´m working on. I know it has nothing to do with Duke, but since i know modelers such as Roma Loom and Hellbound frecuent this forum, i wanted to show it to them.

Here i´ve applyed a bodywork skin, it´s just a placeholder.

It's cool, and I don't really have a problem with you posting it but this thread IS for Duke stuff.

User is offline   The Commander 

• I used to be a Brown Fuzzy Fruit, but I've changed bro...

He could always convert the model to a .md3 then it could be more Duke related.

User is offline   eddym4814 

View PostThe Commander, on Jul 3 2009, 11:05 PM, said:

He could always convert the model to a .md3 then it could be more Duke related.

Thats what I was thinking. That is a cool looking bus.

User is offline   Stabs 

Heres a new shot from the mini polymer episode for Duke Nukem Eternity iam working on

atm iam constructing a construction site

View PostDanM, on Jul 4 2009, 03:42 PM, said:

Heres a new shot from the mini polymer episode for Duke Nukem Eternity iam working on

LIES!

That's a leaked screeny of DNF. ;) JK

User is offline   Stabs 

heh with what ive got planned it probably the closet thing we are going to get ;)

View PostDanM, on Jul 4 2009, 04:48 PM, said:

heh with what ive got planned it probably the closet thing we are going to get ;)

Just keep in mind that we don't all have quad cores.

User is offline   Stabs 

very much so, iam looking into using hubs and stuf to keep sector limits downf & not using many spotlights if i can help it, but if we get shadow maps it should be alot better

User is offline   Mateos 

I think that question was already asked, but what is the minimum config to support the Polymer ? I saw little elements in this topic, but not the full list ;), thanks.

User is offline   Stabs 

shader model 2.0 card min, probably, say 2.5/3ghz single core for original game?

core 2 duo 1.8ghz (should clock upto 2.5 at least and be fine) , 8600 / 9600, not sure about 7 series, maybe 7800/7900 for strictly poly maps, orignal game still uses original shading for lighting in alot of parts so should be fine for older machines, iam not sure if its quad optimized so a dual should fine.

but like i said shadow maps will bring that down alot if all the calculations done by the cpu on the fly are dynamics / spotlights. and no spotlight only city maps are not feasible atm, maybe dark doomy corridor maps.

User is offline   Mateos 

So, with my 2 GHz singlecore processor and my nVidia 6200 I can't have Polymer ;)

User is offline   Stabs 

you might, if the option to dsable shadows is there, the origanl game should run fine

User is offline   TerminX 

• el fundador

The minimum requirement is shader model 3.0, not 2.0.

User is offline   supergoofy 

this means GeForce 6 series and above

User is offline   Geoffrey 

That shot looks like something out of that new PSP duke trilogy. Totally awesome; can't wait to play it (with those DNF gloves).

User is offline   TerminX 

• el fundador

View PostDanM, on Jul 3 2009, 08:42 PM, said:

Attachment construction.jpg

Dude... you really need to turn on anisotropic filtering.

User is offline   Stabs 

usually have it on, dukedir is a mess, been updating new dukeplus/svn revisions alot recently havnt been bothered to setup my gfx in great detail
+its a dirty compressed jpeg

hey tx, is there something new i have to do to new light ses in r1450, because they dont work anymore

This post has been edited by DanM: 04 July 2009 - 04:12 AM

User is offline   Sangman 

Fuuuck awesome

User is offline   Stabs 

thanks, it looks even better now after todays work

edit : ahh screw it, here is a a nice high res shot

This post has been edited by DanM: 04 July 2009 - 09:37 AM

User is offline   XThX2 

View PostCaptain Awesome, on Jul 4 2009, 09:29 AM, said:

You could try using "getthisactor[THISACTOR].owner TEMP" in like EVENT_EGS or EVENT_GAME, and it should give you all the information you need.

Wow rain drops really add more into the feeling as well as the water puddles down there. Really nice work! ;)

only if I could get my hands on polymer...

This post has been edited by XThX2: 04 July 2009 - 09:51 AM

User is offline   Roma Loom 

• Loomsday Device

Finally I've managed to finish something considering I don't use PC at home...
Posted Image

Now I need glossmaps support for the HUD.

This post has been edited by Roma Loom: 07 July 2009 - 07:22 AM

User is offline   Tea Monster 

• Polymancer

View PostRoma Loom, on Jul 7 2009, 07:19 AM, said:

Posted Image

Oh, that is sweet!

• Loomsday Device

Also the glowmap in action
Posted Image

User is offline   Spiker 

That's a nice devastator! Sometimes these "MAPS" may be confusing for me. So far I've heard of NORMAL maps, BUMP maps, SPECULAR maps, GLOSS maps, HEIGHT maps, LIGHT maps, GLOW maps and some more which names I can't think of right now and probably there are at least a few more. Wish I knew what all this stuff really do and which of them can be used together and which not. ;)

• Loomsday Device

Basically glowmap defines the pixels for the diffuse texture that wouldn't be affected by shadowing (always be fullbright)... But for this particular case I've used glowmap to fake the light from the fire being projected on the model, which is pretty inaccurate but works good when shawn quickly.

User is offline   Gambini 

Normal and bump maps are the same thing (maybe heightmaps too?), specular are b&w copies that make the bright pixels shiny, and glow maps are what Roma Loom just said. All these are a sort of copies of the original texture but with functional colours.

Lightmaps are another story, usually related to modern engines, basicly a lightmap is a pixel sensible to light, but the real idea of them is the resolution proportion compared with the real material. A lightmap of 16 -in example- is a light pixel by a 16x16 square of the texture, while a lightmap resolution of 1 means 1 lightpixel per pixel .

This post has been edited by Gambini: 07 July 2009 - 05:11 PM

User is offline   zchri9 

• Honored Donor

View PostRoma Loom, on Jul 7 2009, 08:19 AM, said:

Posted Image

Oh my god that looks sweet! ;)

• Polymancer

Two things I would suggest.

1. Ramp up the surface damage slightly so there are a few more scratches, dings and bumps. Not a lot more, just a few more.

2. Increase the glow map slightly. Again, not an awful lot, just enough to give it a bit more 'Omph'.

Is it possible to have the glowmap for the firing frame texture actually emit light? That would be rather cool.

Can't you twist Plagman's arm to get normal maps enabled for this? ;)

This post has been edited by Tea Monster: 07 July 2009 - 07:23 PM

User is offline   zchri9 

• Honored Donor

How many polys is the Devastator Roma Loom?

• Polymancer

View PostDanM, on Jul 4 2009, 09:44 AM, said:

thanks, it looks even better now after todays work

edit : ahh screw it, here is a a nice high res shot

Attachment construc..._highres.jpg

That is looking very good. The ground texture is obviously repeating. Oh and loose the sector based vehicle parts on the right. Get some MD3's in there and it will REALLY start to look more like DNF!

Got to say, that IS starting to look the part. Once we have model-based normal mapping and lighting effects, its going to start looking really next-gen.

This post has been edited by Tea Monster: 07 July 2009 - 09:18 PM

Share this topic:

• 361 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options