Duke4.net Forums: What are you working on for Duke right now? - Duke4.net Forums

• 361 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

What are you working on for Duke right now?  "Post about whatever Duke related stuff you're doing"

User is offline   TerminX 

• el fundador

Awesome looking map. I'm really impressed! The last two shots really remind me of Shadow Warrior for some reason.

Speaking of Shadow Warrior... I started coding my own implementation of ROR for Duke a couple of days ago. It's progressing rather well.

Posted Image

User is offline   Stabs 

that is tooo cool TX

is there anything that can be done about working with the new ror, joining sectors and deleting becomes quite a chore when they are overlaped

This post has been edited by DanM: 01 July 2009 - 01:15 PM

User is offline   HellFire 

That ROR looks good, thanks TX for working on a decent ROR. Now just asking, i know that im asking this very early since you didnt even finished ROR, but... will we have vehicles and other things that SW has ?

YUS! Awesome I cant wait to use it! (y)

User is offline   Sangman 

View PostHellFire, on Jul 2 2009, 12:13 AM, said:

That ROR looks good, thanks TX for working on a decent ROR. Now just asking, i know that im asking this very early since you didnt even finished ROR, but... will we have vehicles and other things that SW has ?

This is already possible with CON coding.

User is offline   Jimmy 

• Let's go Brandon!

Sang is correct. Vehicles and turrets aren't incredibly difficult to code at all. It can be done.

Whiney girl mode ENGAGE: TX, does your new ROR work in 8bit or Polymost?

Ghostwar, I think your map looks pretty rad. I generally don't like the look of HRP built maps, but it's very well crafted. I love it.

• el fundador

The ROR I coded only works in 8-bit and Polymost; Polymer will have its own ROR system that will allow for things which are more advanced in terms of sector architecture, etc. It's definitely not as capable as what Polymer will be able to do but I wasn't about to have absolutely no ROR in classic or Polymost. The classic mode/Polymost ROR system should be very similar in capabilities and limitations to SW and Blood.

All in all I am very happy with how the new ROR system has turned out; it'll probably show up in svn within the next day or so.

User is offline   Jimmy 

• Let's go Brandon!

I love you, and that's totally not gay. ;)

User is offline   Gambini 

Will your ROR and Polymer´s Ror work the same way? I mean, mappers will have to use the same techniques and SE´s tags to put it in a map?

If not, I can predict a horde of conflicts between maps featuring the 8bits compatible ror and maps using the other way around.

User is offline   SwissCm 

View PostGambini, on Jul 2 2009, 01:45 PM, said:

Will your ROR and Polymer´s Ror work the same way? I mean, mappers will have to use the same techniques and SE´s tags to put it in a map?

If not, I can predict a horde of conflicts between maps featuring the 8bits compatible ror and maps using the other way around.

From what I understand, Polymer's ROR is essentially flawless. You can use any shape for sectors. Software and Polymost have a lot of the same limitations as Shadow Warrior and Blood (not all, however). The plan is to have the implementations very similar. With the software ROR code, all it requires is two SE sprites.

This post has been edited by SwissCm: 01 July 2009 - 07:58 PM

• el fundador

My intention is for them to work the same way from the mapper's perspective, other than the fact that Polymer will be able to render things without errors where classic mode or Polymost would shit the bed. Everything made for classic/Polymost should render fine in Polymer but not the other way around.

User is offline   supergoofy 

Awesome work TX ;)

Which means the authors of Blood TC and Crandle to Grave have no excuses anymore ;)

This post has been edited by supergoofy: 01 July 2009 - 08:24 PM

User is offline   Stabs 

aboslutley mind blowing stuff

if you get driveables and turrents working i guess the only thing left would be to make a portal type tele effect to bring it upto date with shadow warrior

wondering if adding driveables will change the train code so i can make carridges with seats that dont kill you

mm driveables need a SW to duke map converter so i can re-do 50 shells in hell 1

This post has been edited by DanM: 01 July 2009 - 11:52 PM

User is offline   NY00123 

- I've been working, although albeit slowly, on a front-end for Duke and also Shadow Warrior called Yet Another Netplay Guider (or shortly, YANG). If you haven't heard of it before but have heard of Dukester X or Dukonnector, then it's similar.
One main difference is that it aims to be portable. I provide Windows and Linux executables. Others may grab the source code and try with compiling an executable for any other platform (Mac OS X, FreeBSD... or Linux for your own distribution if you want).

Screenshots: http://ny.duke4.net/scrshots.html
Files: http://ny.duke4.net/files.html

- Another thing I've been working on, again not very fast, is another revision to that "race" map you can find in my website.

Here are a few shots, if you're actually racing (of course, may not be the same in the publicly released map):

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

And a few for the ones who just visit or watch the race (same note as above):

Posted Image
Posted Image

User is offline   Parkar 

• Honored Donor

View PostGhostwar, on Jul 1 2009, 05:52 PM, said:

Let's see... I'm working on a couple of maps simultaneously...

A theatre complex called "Infamous Players" and a pool facility called "Infamous Pool and Aquarium"

Unfortunately I'm really close to the maximum wall count in the Theatre map so I've either got to start cutting out some really cool shit or hope that TerminX, JonoF, or anyone else with more brains than me decides to dig into the code and double the current wall count. If they do that I promise I'll finish these maps.

Feel free to start a petition...!

Ghost

That is some seriously nice use of textures and architecture. Only thing that looks a bit bland is the shading but it still looks awesome.

Have to agree with TerminX on the SW feel to. I think it might be due to SW having so much more well built maps then Duke in terms of attention to detail, texture use and architecture.

User is offline   quakis 

View PostTX, on Jul 2 2009, 01:50 AM, said:

The ROR I coded only works in 8-bit [...]

You are awesome. Very awesome.

This post has been edited by quakis: 02 July 2009 - 08:07 AM

User is offline   Spiker 

Just finished working on this new cool highres font. It took me a few days to make (and learn how to make it) out of a regular font. Now I will make different colors but this will be easy (just time consuming). After that I will move on to other things. ;)

Posted Image

User is offline   Danukem 

• Duke Plus Developer

View PostSpiker, on Jul 2 2009, 09:22 AM, said:

Just finished working on this new cool highres font. It took me a few days to make (and learn how to make it) out of a regular font. Now I will make different colors but this will be easy (just time consuming). After that I will move on to other things. ;)

Posted Image

Isn't that two fonts?

I'd like to experiment with that. Can you send me a copy?

User is offline   Spiker 

Ah, I forgot about the red font replacement. Which one do you want? both? It's not done yet, I don't know if you want yellow font or you would prefer blue one which isn't finished yet ;) I bet that if I send it to you someone in the future will accuse me of stealing it from your work heheh ;)

Looks neat but the N looks like an R and the H appears to be lowercase unlike every other letter.. Also the M looks out of place.

This post has been edited by Sangman: 02 July 2009 - 09:25 AM

User is offline   Spiker 

You can provide better patterns or accept it as it is ;)

• Duke Plus Developer

View PostSpiker, on Jul 2 2009, 09:52 AM, said:

Ah, I forgot about the red font replacement. Which one do you want? both? It's not done yet, I don't know if you want yellow font or you would prefer blue one which isn't finished yet ;) I bet that if I send it to you someone in the future will accuse me of stealing it from your work heheh ;)

I would like both, but wait until everything is finished.

User is offline   Geoffrey 

Like how that font looks, but it's too detailed to be effective (as bodytext, it could work as a menu title or something). Imagine one of those old bibles with the detailed first letter, and then imagine the entire book in that font. It's too much!

EDIT: and yeah uppercase and lowercase are mixed. Not a big problem, just ugly.

This post has been edited by Geoffrey: 02 July 2009 - 09:56 AM

• Duke Plus Developer

View PostGeoffrey, on Jul 2 2009, 10:53 AM, said:

EDIT: and yeah uppercase and lowercase are mixed. Not a big problem, just ugly.

I think the mixing looks ok in this case because the lowercase letters have full height and width. Or maybe I have an underdeveloped aesthetic sense.

User is offline   Spiker 

Actually all the leters are uppercase (I know because I have lowercase too) but they may look like that beacuse these decorative endings must fit the recntangular shape, while normally they may "stick out".

For me it looks good. I have no problem with that.

This post has been edited by Spiker: 02 July 2009 - 10:57 AM

Well if the author is fine with it that's the only thing that matters.

Some model im working on

Attached thumbnail(s)

• Attached Image: mercedes1114_4.JPG

User is offline   chicken 

• Fashionable Modeler

View PostGambini, on Jul 2 2009, 04:14 PM, said:

Some model im working on

What is it for?

It´s for a Source mod where i´m working on. I know it has nothing to do with Duke, but since i know modelers such as Roma Loom and Hellbound frecuent this forum, i wanted to show it to them.

Here i´ve applyed a bodywork skin, it´s just a placeholder.

Attached thumbnail(s)

• Attached Image: mercedes1114_T.JPG

User is offline   Mateos 

View PostGambini, on Jul 3 2009, 06:27 PM, said:

It´s for a Source mod where i´m working on. I know it has nothing to do with Duke, but since i know modelers such as Roma Loom and Hellbound frecuent this forum, i wanted to show it to them.

Here i´ve applyed a bodywork skin, it´s just a placeholder.

Nice ;)

Share this topic:

• 361 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options