Duke4.net Forums: What are you working on for Duke right now? - Duke4.net Forums

• 361 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

What are you working on for Duke right now?  "Post about whatever Duke related stuff you're doing"

User is offline   Zaxtor 

Is Eduke32 in 32bit textures color etc.

User is offline   Mblackwell 

• Evil Overlord

Yes, EDuke32 is Full/True color if you play in OpenGL modes. That doesn't necessarily mean that your art is however. It does conversion at runtime.

I decided to do some experimenting with waypoint AI, basically, should the AI fail to locate the player, it will fall back to doing this, though with some more intelligence once it is properly implemented, for the time being, I just wanted to get the basics to operate - I still feel like a noob at CON code but every time I play with it I have more success than last time at making it do what I want, this is the first time I've written anything and had it work first time around... By all means make this achievement irrelevant by pointing out how useless the idea is and how simple the code probably is.

Everything is still rather ugly here.

User is offline   Mblackwell 

• Evil Overlord

Not to give away a terrible amount of secrets (not really that secret), but my most complicated system of waypoints involves setting a pal (for which waypoint path), and a lotag (for which waypoint number it is). I set an upper limit of about 26 waypoints per path (arbitrary as long as there's a limit) and then offset in an array ((hitag*(maxwaypoints+1))+pal = THISACTOR... also I maintain a list of how many waypoints are in each path so I can make a loop) . Waypoints can be tagged with a lotag that gives the waypoint different properties (such as "actors should wait here for 5 seconds, perform some specific animation, etc"). Actors traverse along the paths by simple "face another actor" code and checking distance to the waypoint. Counting up or down is randomized. When an actor sees the player they will give chase. When the player is out of view they will continue for a short period and they will find the closest waypoint (and go to it), then find the closest waypoint to the last known player location and move towards that.

It sounds like the system you've set up is similar (based on your posts in the other thread).

User is online   Mark 

A while back I posted an unfinished map in the Abandoned Projects thread which was a Polymer re-make of the first level of Doom2. I just couldn't leave it alone after all. I have been expanding it quite a bit and I am trying something new and different ( for me that is ). Its going to be a dark, Polymer lit moon base map using the HRP, Dukeplus, and no custom textures or models. A big departure from my usual maps. These pics are from the extension and not the actual Doom2 area of the map. There will be lots of TROR too.

Attached thumbnail(s)

• Attached Image: capt0000.jpg
  • Attached Image: capt0004.jpg
  • Attached Image: capt0006.jpg

This post has been edited by Marked: 30 June 2012 - 05:17 PM

User is online   zykov eddy 

Third pic looks awesome

User is offline   LeoD 

• Duke4.net topic/3513

View PostMarked, on 30 June 2012 - 03:28 PM, said:

Polymer lit [] map using the HRP, Dukeplus, and no custom textures or models.
Exactly the type of stuff I'm longing for. Though I still haven't upgraded my graphics card.

User is offline   Zaxtor 

Made new enemy, generator-like enemies that block the way. Played around with ifstrength and addstrength in con.
They regenerate their hp slowly depending on its color and power output.
50 hp regen per several seconds, diff color they are, faster they regen their hits.
You must shoot them fast to kill them. For the toughest ones If you shoot them slowly they will have like infinite HP because they regen faster than you damage it, weak weaps are almost useless toward the strong ones. If you shoot it fast with strong weap they die in under 1 min for the strongest ones.

I use ifstrength before addstrength so it doesn't heal it infinitely and surpass its HP cap "2000", It regen if it has below 1950 HP.
They all have same HP but feels like they have more when they regen fast for the hardest ones (orange).

Idea was from the old NES game Air Fortress that the generator regenerate its HP.

Here is the pic. Note I haven't built the reactors holding the orb. Just the orb alone.
Posted Image

Its code if you're curious.

CODE Revealer
Spoiler

User is offline   Player Lin 

Sounds not bad,
But for view of a player...I would like see a damned "Lifebar" for those enemies can regen its HP for some reasons... :(

User is offline   Zaxtor 

Dunno how to make a lifebar code.

Posted Image
Posted Image

User is offline   Zaxtor 

Nice city.

User is offline   MetHy 

Reminds me of Warzone
http://dukerepository.com/maps/Warzone

User is offline   TerminX 

• el fundador

View PostMetHy, on 05 July 2012 - 09:11 AM, said:

I've always loved that map. :(

User is offline   Hendricks266 

• Weaponized Autism

I wasn't going to reveal anything from this until it gets finished, but this turned out so well I just had to share.

Enlarged Slowed down 3x to show detail.

Posted Image

Art by Captain Awesome, coding by me.

User is offline   OpenMaw 

• Judge Mental

Took me a second to realize what I was seeing! Nicely done. :(

User is offline   Diaz 

I've been staring at the picture for a couple minutes and still haven't realized... :(

User is offline   Jblade 

The Ripper's barrels light up individually instead of all at the same time, in sync with the muzzleflash :(

Very fine improvement ...
I also recoded chaingun fire animation in my project :(

User is offline   Daedolon 

• Ancient Blood God

Do the hitscan spawn positions move horizontally too?

• Weaponized Autism

View PostJames, on 06 July 2012 - 12:30 AM, said:

The Ripper's barrels light up individually instead of all at the same time, in sync with the muzzleflash :(

Not just that, but the muzzleflash has been recoded too. Before it would start with the middle one, then display the outer two at around the same time, all while applying this nonsense shaking from displayrand.

View PostDaedolon, on 06 July 2012 - 01:52 AM, said:

Do the hitscan spawn positions move horizontally too?

No, this is just HUD drawing code. The effect would be hidden by the gun's own random firing variation.

• Weaponized Autism

My design document for E32 Profiles has been made available for public comment as I begin to implement it. Please look it over and detail any questions and suggestions you have.

When the feature sees the light I will be providing profiles for all essential Duke packs (HRP, music packs, Duke Plus, Voxel Pack, etc.). Mod makers should not have a hard time adding support (which will benefit them) but they should wait until the format is finalized.

User is online   Mark 

I sure hope this is the answer I've been waiting for. I've had a hard time figuring out how to bundle all the resources for a project. The wiki page is too technical for me. I'll just wait and see how to use it after it's release.

User is offline   pmw 

I'm back, and trying to make some details in my maps.

Posted Image

I think I'm pretty done with this episode.... 8 maps and almost 6 years of "developement". So, I'm gonna publish this as soon as possible. I don't even know why did I started this project.

User is offline   LeoD 

• Duke4.net topic/3513

View Postpmw, on 09 July 2012 - 10:11 AM, said:

I'm back, and trying to make some details in my maps.
I think I'm pretty done with this episode.... 8 maps and almost 6 years of "developement". So, I'm gonna publish this as soon as possible. I don't even know why did I started this project.
Looking forward to it...but would anyone put a tower case on top of his desk? :(

User is offline   OpenMaw 

• Judge Mental

View PostLeoD, on 09 July 2012 - 10:18 AM, said:

Looking forward to it...but would anyone put a tower case on top of his desk? :(

Yep. Used to do it all the time. Posted Image

User is offline   Helixhorned 

• EDuke32 Developer

View PostHendricks266, on 05 July 2012 - 10:13 AM, said:

I wasn't going to reveal anything from this until it gets finished, but this turned out so well I just had to share.

Enlarged Slowed down 3x to show detail.

(pic...)

Art by Captain Awesome, coding by me.

Truly, once one has compared them, one wouldn't even like to go back! I'm wondering how well that code factors into a module...

User is online   Mark 

No screen shots this time even though I've got some more I really would like to show off. I'm still working on the moon-base map I mentioned in an earlier post in this thread. I just wanted to say that I am now realising how truly far the HRP and Polymer have come. Its a thrill using just original textures and models. And coupled with the many features available in DukePlus I hope this turns out to be as fun to play as it is to map for.

User is offline   pmw 

View PostLeoD, on 09 July 2012 - 10:18 AM, said:

In fact I have tower case on top of desk! Doesn't collect so much dust.

• Weaponized Autism

View PostHelixhorned, on 09 July 2012 - 11:21 AM, said:

Truly, once one has compared them, one wouldn't even like to go back! I'm wondering how well that code factors into a module...

It factors perfectly (given there are nine new art tiles) but I have no intention of releasing an individual module, only a complete package of awesomeness.

Share this topic:

• 361 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options