Duke4.net Forums: What are you working on for Duke right now? - Duke4.net Forums

• 361 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

What are you working on for Duke right now?  "Post about whatever Duke related stuff you're doing"

User is offline   Danukem 

• Duke Plus Developer

Still working on CTF for Alien Armageddon.

User is offline   eGraphics 

I'm doing something I said Id do years ago and adding Mario into the game. This is my new replacement for the player sprite.

Posted Image

This post has been edited by eGraphics: 09 October 2018 - 03:32 AM

User is offline   Mike Norvak 

• Music Producer

View PosteGraphics, on 09 October 2018 - 03:32 AM, said:

I'm doing something I said Id do years ago and adding Mario into the game. This is my new replacement for the player sprite.

Posted Image

Cute!

I wonder how that dukeplus map with hills would fit in a mario TC.

User is offline   Perro Seco 

View PostTrooper Dan, on 07 October 2018 - 01:36 AM, said:

Still working on CTF for Alien Armageddon.

I play dukematches occasionally, but I think I'm not as good as your bot. Very good job!

View PostMike Norvak, on 09 October 2018 - 06:58 AM, said:

Cute!

I wonder how that dukeplus map with hills would fit in a mario TC.

It was just a background for the sprite. For the fun of it, I've been recreating Nintendo games into Duke3D maps.

First Video preview video of my WIP
One of the floors isn't even close to done but I do have all the elevators working

https://youtu.be/WaYHgEBlDYg

This post has been edited by Truck Stop Santa Claus: 09 October 2018 - 05:37 PM

Having one floor based off explosions caused by a "gas leak"
Posted Image

User is offline   Seb Luca 

Posted Image

I think I just figured out how to make maps with true TROR, that will also work in software rendering mode. The trick cutting up the maps angels.

Seem like the coding for mirrors and TROR isn't that far off from one another in software rendering mode. Would anyone like to see an example?

Posted Image

This post has been edited by eGraphics: 12 October 2018 - 12:29 PM

User is offline   Mark 

Heavily work in progress. I'm updating the old abandoned SuburbsTC demo. Finishing some unused features in the code, fixing errors, replacing sprite enemies with models, adding Polymer lighting, new sounds and mapping some new areas. I'm not going to go "prop crazy" like I did in HHR but I like to fill in empty areas. :rolleyes:

Attached thumbnail(s)

• Attached Image: duke0009.jpg

This post has been edited by Mark: 12 October 2018 - 02:10 PM

User is offline   Hank 

Many Thanks Mark!!!!!
In its time (1999), it received vicious critics from those idiotic Duke Fanatics there (dukeworld). As in do not 'borough' sprites etc. All they understood is FPS shit, not a complex game play, as intended by this TC.
The original dukeworld forums, no longer exists, thus let me repeat my post:
The TC demo is superior in game play and execution.
Now - I am looking forward to your final touches to the most overlooked TC in the history of Dukeworld.

This post has been edited by Hank: 12 October 2018 - 05:16 PM

User is offline   Mark 

Don't hype it too much. I'll have to work harder now and not cut corners. :rolleyes: Yeah, its not a strictly run and shoot TC. There are actions that are determined by your interaction with the characters. Diaz, the original author, replied back to me today and said go for it.

This post has been edited by Mark: 12 October 2018 - 06:52 PM

View PostMark, on 12 October 2018 - 02:07 PM, said:

Heavily work in progress. I'm updating the old abandoned SuburbsTC demo. Finishing some unused features in the code, fixing errors, replacing sprite enemies with models, adding Polymer lighting, new sounds and mapping some new areas. I'm not going to go "prop crazy" like I did in HHR but I like to fill in empty areas. :rolleyes:

That looks amazing. Love the lighting. Wish I knew how to create that... Someday I will.

This post has been edited by eGraphics: 12 October 2018 - 07:14 PM

View PostSeb Luca, on 12 October 2018 - 09:13 AM, said:

Posted Image

Pretty

View PostTruck Stop Santa Claus, on 12 October 2018 - 07:15 PM, said:

Pretty

Thanks! Maybe a little early for Halloween? :P
Perhaps the dead from your Duke Burger are buried in this cemetery? :rolleyes: Who knows?

_____

Deliciously dark, Mark :)

User is offline   Micky C 

• Honored Donor

Nice sky effect!

View PosteGraphics, on 12 October 2018 - 12:03 PM, said:

I think I just figured out how to make maps with true TROR, that will also work in software rendering mode. The trick cutting up the maps angels.

Seem like the coding for mirrors and TROR isn't that far off from one another in software rendering mode. Would anyone like to see an example?

People have been doing extremely complex TROR in the software renderer for years.

This post has been edited by Micky C: 12 October 2018 - 11:17 PM

View PostMicky C, on 12 October 2018 - 11:17 PM, said:

Nice sky effect!

I am still more proud of the leaves that the wind carries ; Simple, but it makes a big impression I guess :)

User is offline   oasiz 

• Dr. Effector

Yeah, it's really polymost where you have a very limited set of features you can use with TROR. I have experimented with the possibilities and there are definitely some nifty use cases for it :rolleyes:

People have been doing extremely complex TROR in the software renderer for years.
[/quote]

Yeah well I am new to it and I'm proud of what I've done.

View Postoasiz, on 12 October 2018 - 11:39 PM, said:

Yeah, it's really polymost where you have a very limited set of features you can use with TROR. I have experimented with the possibilities and there are definitely some nifty use cases for it :rolleyes:

I think the update works in polymost. I'll have to check and if it does. I'll post it in the already growing one man topic, that is my Temple map. I haven't really been mapping for years. So learning new things with TROR is exciting.

User is offline   Mark 

View PostSeb Luca, on 12 October 2018 - 11:25 PM, said:

I am still more proud of the leaves that the wind carries ; Simple, but it makes a big impression I guess :)

Ha, I stared at the clean and good looking graphics and didn't even notice the scrolling skies until I read the post.

User is offline   Mark 

This is a view looking out a window over a non-playable area outside. It was originally just a plain square area with walls and a guy standing in the corner. I like to add details to these types of areas even if its just for show.

Attached thumbnail(s)

• Attached Image: capt0001.jpg

This post has been edited by Mark: 13 October 2018 - 06:16 PM

View PostMark, on 13 October 2018 - 06:14 PM, said:

This is a view looking out a window over a non-playable area outside. It was originally just a plain square area with walls and a guy standing in the corner. I like to add details to these types of areas even if its just for show.

I guess you do well :rolleyes: That kind of details help to make the richness of a level, and a good immersion.

This post has been edited by Seb Luca: 13 October 2018 - 11:06 PM

User is offline   Ninety-Six 

I don't suppose you have a shot to compare it with?

User is offline   Mark 

No I don't. It was just a flat floor surface with 3 flat walls going about 1/2 way up the screen with the skybox in the backround. There were a couple of window sprites on a wall.

Nice
looks like your really pushing the build engine to its limit :rolleyes:

This post has been edited by Truck Stop Santa Claus: 14 October 2018 - 08:02 AM

Screenshot Sunday
Saturday shouldn't have all the fun :rolleyes:
Posted Image

Posted Image

User is offline   Sanek 

Is this section really necessary? :rolleyes:

Attached thumbnail(s)

• Attached Image: MENU.png

User is offline   Mike Norvak 

• Music Producer

View PostSanek, on 17 October 2018 - 09:02 AM, said:

Is this section really necessary? :rolleyes:

Is this post really necessary?

User is offline   Zaxtor 

Probably made one of the most realistic trick ever.
Of something happens to ammo and items when they fall into the lava.

Above I made the enemy dies in agony when it falls into lava.

But is something interesting of what if ammo or items falls into the lava and what they do.

View PostZaxtor, on 17 October 2018 - 10:46 PM, said:

Probably made one of the most realistic trick ever.
Of something happens to ammo and items when they fall into the lava.

Above I made the enemy dies in agony when it falls into lava.

But is something interesting of what if ammo or items falls into the lava and what they do.

Make the ammo explode :rolleyes:

Share this topic:

• 361 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options