Duke4.net Forums: What are you working on for Duke right now? - Duke4.net Forums

• 361 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

What are you working on for Duke right now?  "Post about whatever Duke related stuff you're doing"

User is offline   Gambini 

Isn´t that the tool which was used to create Kkrieger?

I remember toying around with it but couldnt do shit

User is offline   Mblackwell 

• Evil Overlord

I take it sector geometry doesn't change in your mod then?

User is offline   Jaap 

View PostMblackwell, on 28 November 2016 - 10:26 AM, said:

That is right. So it was acceptable my mods. Some bots are able to operate doors but that does not affect the shape of sectors too much. I am still working on a way to get it working more naturally for more oddly shaped sectors. It works like this:

-Get start sector
- Get destination sector
- Build path of sectors connecting from start to destination (using rules like: max go up this much, max go down this much, walls can't be blocking, don't walk on lava).
- Remove sectors that are not required (sometimes a path is found that could be shorter, could still use some improvements)
- Calculate the center of each sector and store for navigation (this is where improvements could be made, a big sector with a small hole in the center would cause a bot to walk into the hole oops!)

User is offline   Micky C 

• Honored Donor

View PostMblackwell, on 28 November 2016 - 10:26 AM, said:

Would that make a difference? Unless there's some kind of database calculated at map load..

How computationally intensive is the code?

This post has been edited by Micky C: 28 November 2016 - 01:54 PM

User is offline   Mblackwell 

• Evil Overlord

Basically since he's stepping through all of the walls of a sector (I assume) and then branching through nextsector and such it's in some ways similar to the actual drawing functions that happen in BUILD. However if he builds an array and only updates it when the destination changes it shouldn't be terrible except for the tic where he does the calculation. If sector geometry was potentially changing he'd need to update every tic even if the destination didn't change and it would be pretty slow.

User is offline   Jaap 

View PostMblackwell, on 28 November 2016 - 11:27 PM, said:

Basically since he's stepping through all of the walls of a sector (I assume) and then branching through nextsector and such it's in some ways similar to the actual drawing functions that happen in BUILD. However if he builds an array and only updates it when the destination changes it shouldn't be terrible except for the tic where he does the calculation. If sector geometry was potentially changing he'd need to update every tic even if the destination didn't change and it would be pretty slow.

I am recursively going through all walls and nextsectors this part can get heavy in big maps with lots of sectors to process. I have tried using it in a few smaller maps but did not notice any hiccups even with the bots using the path finding when needed to. I think I can speed up this process a bit I am looping through the walls and doing a recursive call for the next sector of that wall. But since there is no stack I had to implement one in an array (to keep track of which wall I was looking at). But recently I discovered a powerful undocumented feature of EDuke the for loop iterators (seriously why is there no wiki page for these guys?! I just stumbled upon them by sheer coincidence). If these can be nested in recursive functions I can get rid of quite a bit of nasty code and potentially speed up things as well.

Edit: Is there a way to profile the scripting? Or at least a way to see how long the scripts took to execute? That way I could see if there is any noticeably difference when the pathfinding is executed.

This post has been edited by Jaap: 29 November 2016 - 12:58 AM

User is offline   Hendricks266 

• Weaponized Autism

View PostJaap, on 29 November 2016 - 12:56 AM, said:

(seriously why is there no wiki page for these guys?! I just stumbled upon them by sheer coincidence)

The great thing about wikis is that anyone can edit them.

View PostJaap, on 29 November 2016 - 12:56 AM, said:

Edit: Is there a way to profile the scripting?

getticks

User is offline   Jaap 

View PostHendricks266, on 29 November 2016 - 01:13 AM, said:

The great thing about wikis is that anyone can edit them.

getticks

Something like this?

gamevar usedpathfinding			0 0
gamevar starttics				0 0
gamevar totalticks				0 0

// before everything
onevent EVENT_PREWORLD
{
	setvar usedpathfinding 0

getticks starttics
}
endevent

// after everything
onevent EVENT_WORLD
{
	getticks totalticks
	subvarvar totalticks starttics 

ifvare usedpathfinding 1
	{
		redefinequote 254 Total ticks %d used pathfinding
	}
	else
	{
		redefinequote 254 Total ticks %d did not use pathfinding
	}

qsprintf 254 254 totalticks

echo 254
}
endevent

Max tics: 1 (both with and withouth path finding)

User is offline   Hendricks266 

• Weaponized Autism

That code looks right but getticks probably does not have enough granularity to show any effect since your code executes on a sub-millisecond timescale. :mellow:

User is offline   Jaap 

View PostHendricks266, on 29 November 2016 - 02:47 PM, said:

That code looks right but getticks probably does not have enough granularity to show any effect since your code executes on a sub-millisecond timescale. :)

It'd better be. Since there isn't a whole lot going on :mellow:

User is offline   TURBOKID 

Anyone know how i can get this Skybox (HRP format)

Posted Image

to work alongside my expansion (PNG Sprites) ?

Posted Image

This post has been edited by TURBOKID: 01 December 2016 - 11:34 AM

Working on the Pod Babes

Preview NSFW

User is offline   Kawa 

I've seen worse.

View PostKawa, on 02 December 2016 - 12:39 PM, said:

I've seen worse.

I should hope so lol

User is offline   CruX 

Posted Image

been frankenspriting again, decided to play around with some dn64 stuff, always really dug its weapons.

User is online   Mark 

CyborDuke 3013. Just messing around in my modeling program while waiting for a tv show to start. Or he could team up with Bombshell. :lol:

Attached thumbnail(s)

• Attached Image: dukecycloid3.png

This post has been edited by Mark.: 06 December 2016 - 05:12 PM

User is offline   Kawa 

That's hideous. I love it.

User is offline   Striker 

• Auramancer

Been working on a Multiplayer-centric mod for EDuke32, named StrikerDM. There's quite a bit to it, mainly new sounds, multiplayer fixes (like working Duke Talk when gibbing other players), new game modes, HD sounds, some new sprites, new weapons, new maps, some old and popular maps with fixes (with permission from the authors), etc.

Here is a stream of myself and my friends being complete and total goofballs and playing the new "Roidmatch" game mode, and some other stuff. Credit goes to Minigunner for the the DNF-style Devastator.

StrikerDM is coming along well, but I really wish I knew what I could do to help motivate and support the development of the newer netcode... Working with the OldMP branch is becoming a nightmare due to the lack of some much-needed features of the later EDuke32 builds. (Lack of Screentext, missing certain events that I need, etc.)

This post has been edited by Striker: 07 December 2016 - 12:04 PM

User is offline   Striker 

• Auramancer

Posted Image

New scoreboard. Didn't like the frag bar. I know the plasma ammo is overlying the ripper ammo, just wasn't sure how to replace the HUD graphic without having to rewrite the entire HUD.

Edit: Gib trails! Looks and feels very Quake 3-like.
Posted Image

This post has been edited by Striker: 09 December 2016 - 08:40 AM

User is offline   CruX 

now i'm making it a point to make designate a specific hightile folder for dn64 skies because god dayum they look good, especially with large expansive maps like Red1.

Posted Image

User is online   brullov 

• Senior Artist at TGK

View PostCruX, on 10 December 2016 - 03:45 PM, said:

now i'm making it a point to make designate a specific hightile folder for dn64 skies because god dayum they look good, especially with large expansive maps like Red1.

Top part of the weapon looks weird, but red lights Posted Image

User is offline   Loke 

Another AMC TC Ep3 shot.

Posted Image

View PostLoke, on 12 December 2016 - 08:49 AM, said:

Another AMC TC Ep3 shot.

Posted Image

Weird, it looks both as if you were inside a huge ship AND out in the open O_o

After seeing how well you played your cards on Ep2 I can't wait to see more of yer work in Ep3 ^^

User is offline   MusicallyInspired 

• The Sarien Encounter

Wow! That is one impressive shot!

User is online   Mark 

That screen shot is a hard act to follow. But I would like to introduce to you the next contestant in the HRP pole dancer contest.
Animations by TeaMonster. She will be appearing in our HH remake which is still going slowly but surely. If all goes right we will have a few more HRP babe replacements. They are in the mod now but we'll save those for the release. We don't want to blow the wad. :lol:

Attached thumbnail(s)

• Attached Image: pole dancer.jpg

This post has been edited by Mark.: 12 December 2016 - 03:18 PM

User is offline   Kawa 

As a pervert who doesn't like strippers that much, I like that stripper very much.

Holy F*** !

// Bewbieeees !!!

This post has been edited by RichardStorm: 12 December 2016 - 04:26 PM

User is online   brullov 

• Senior Artist at TGK

Tried to make left handed pistol. Could somebody add this into the game?

Posted Image

This post has been edited by brullov: 12 December 2016 - 05:52 PM

User is offline   CruX 

Posted Image

s'aight

User is offline   Zaxtor 

Working on the secret level's boss (pretty interesting boss).
has a pretty epic death when it dies.

Share this topic:

• 361 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options