Duke4.net Forums: What are you working on for Duke right now? - Duke4.net Forums

• 361 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

What are you working on for Duke right now?  "Post about whatever Duke related stuff you're doing"

User is offline   Jimmy 

• Let's go Brandon!

Reminds me of Zero Hour a little bit, can't wait.

User is offline   Kyanos 

Posted Image

I tried a few stupid methods to get shadows onto the slope under the bridge, then I remembered I can just draw them onto the texture and add it to a new tile because it's my own game :)

This is the mid/inside section of the map, three areas of SOS where the bottom/basement and top/outside also interconnect to keep a nice cyclical flow to the map.

User is offline   MusicallyInspired 

• The Sarien Encounter

I like seeing new textures. :)

Is that James Stanfield in the dark in the background slightly to the left ?

User is offline   Kyanos 

View PostTheDragonLiner, on 01 June 2016 - 08:39 AM, said:

Is that James Stanfield in the dark in the background slightly to the left ?

Yes (I think, Is that the really white faced guy from AMC TC?) It's an edited version of the sprites with a new face. I'm unsure if the dark clothes works or not for DM, might change it before release.

A lot of the art and sounds are "borrowed" jblade and others (cage, eddy, hank...) will get a pm before release and some mentions in the credits if they let their work stay in.

View PostDrek, on 01 June 2016 - 09:32 AM, said:

Yes (I think, Is that the really white faced guy from AMC TC?) It's an edited version of the sprites with a new face. I'm unsure if the dark clothes works or not for DM, might change it before release.

A lot of the art and sounds are "borrowed" jblade and others (cage, eddy, hank...) will get a pm before release and some mentions in the credits if they let their work stay in.

Well his sprite's face in AMC is quite pale indeed ... but his icon in conversations isn't as pale ^^

User is offline   Kyanos 

View PostTheDragonLiner, on 01 June 2016 - 11:50 AM, said:

Well his sprite's face in AMC is quite pale indeed ... but his icon in conversations isn't as pale ^^

Posted Image

I went through a few different characters and settled on that sprite set as the most generic. The idea behind the project is to possibly grow into something more complex, with this initial release being 8-bit and flexible, classic grp structure. If I could change the default name from Duke it would be to player1 or name, no one-liners here, just a few grunts and such.

I've started coding in jump pads, worked on multiple different character models to play as, even played around with weapon mutators. But none of those features make the cut for now.

About my latest map I just showed, one of the SOS areas is a downward sloping ramp, as I was doing some real game playtesting I found out jumping down the ramp I glitch cling float down along the ceiling. Hopefully I can find a workaround for it because it immediately throws us out of sync. I'm going to flatten the roof, then try stairs if it still glitches. This map has been fun like that, I've had to rework a few sloped corners where I could glitch into the other SOS areas through walls.

User is offline   Jblade 

No worries about a PM, feel free to use whatever you want from the TC :)

User is offline   Kyanos 

View PostJblade, on 01 June 2016 - 02:35 PM, said:

No worries about a PM, feel free to use whatever you want from the TC :)

Thanks, I've seen you say the same elsewhere and made use of a few effects and a weapon as well.

Posted Image

I'm not sure what this is in your game, but it's a kick ass dual grenade launcher for me. You should see how well the damned bots are with this thing, they can bounce it around corners and into rooms at me, I blame TX because I know that shit ain't DOS default behavior.

View PostDrek, on 01 June 2016 - 02:55 PM, said:

Thanks, I've seen you say the same elsewhere and made use of a few effects and a weapon as well.

Posted Image

I'm not sure what this is in your game, but it's a kick ass dual grenade launcher for me. You should see how well the damned bots are with this thing, they can bounce it around corners and into rooms at me, I blame TX because I know that shit ain't DOS default behavior.

In AMC this is a powerful shotgun, it shoots one shell but it is as powerful as if 2 had been shot ^_-
BTW the green thing at the bottom is Geoffrey's hand, you might want to edit it ^^

I actually wonder where they got the sprite from ...

This post has been edited by TheDragonLiner: 01 June 2016 - 11:19 PM

User is offline   Jblade 

Original sprite was by Paul/NMN, he released them in a pack a long time ago (most of Geoffrey's weapons were edited/tweaked by himself)

User is offline   Zaxtor 

Worked on probably one of the coolest transportation beaming effect I've ever made soo far.

So i'v come to a crossroad where I kinda want to just ditch the old face/hair and use this new one I found and edited For the Asian dancer due to how flat the original was.

What version would you guys want to see more?

Attached thumbnail(s)

• Attached Image: Fem7.png

User is offline   Zaxtor 

Spent about 2 days (several hours a day) doing a very complicated elevator.
Similar to the old industrial elevator I made last year. One going horizontal, then vertical (up) and then horizontal backward.
The using Duke3d effects combined with coding.
But this one is more complicated, goes by 2 floors instead of 1.
SPOILER WARNING!!!
Spoiler

PS
(not in vid) another code trick if we press the button nonstop or during the process, it wont messed up the elevator's function.
Like in real life if you press the button nonstop while is in progress it wont cause it to fail.

User is offline   Micky C 

• Honored Donor

View Post1337DirtAlliance, on 05 June 2016 - 10:54 PM, said:

So i'v come to a crossroad where I kinda want to just ditch the old face/hair and use this new one I found and edited For the Asian dancer due to how flat the original was.

What version would you guys want to see more?

Possibly the 2nd one. The head looks a bit more realistic despite the seemingly flat skin tone.

View PostMicky C, on 07 June 2016 - 02:10 AM, said:

Possibly the 2nd one. The head looks a bit more realistic despite the seemingly flat skin tone.

lol, it was a pain matching the skin tone from what it was. Face still needs work as so the skin because it looks too shiny. Crazy how long it takes to make anything when you don't have dedicated time to spend on it.

User is offline   Daedolon 

• Ancient Blood God

View PostDrek, on 01 June 2016 - 02:55 PM, said:

Posted Image

Heavily reminds me of XS for some reason.

User is offline   Jolteon 

More screenshots of my upcoming level. The level is called Dawn of the Pork, featuring the new enemy from Total Meltdown, the Zombie Pigcops.

Attached Image: duke0107.png Attached Image: duke0108.png
Attached Image: duke0109.png Attached Image: duke0112.png

There are also these Super zombie Pigcops which who are bigger, stronger, and more annoying than any other enemies in the game(For the most part). They fire a bunch of rockets at you. (Credit goes to Trooper Dan for helping me with the Super zombie pigcops code a few months back.)

Attached Image: duke0110.png

(Bit off topic but it is my birthday today :P :) )

User is online   Steve 64 

Happy Birthday Dude

User is offline   Sanek 

First of all, HB man!
I can't say nothing about level design yet, but I'm certainly get intrigued by these screenshots!

User is offline   CruX 

Posted Image

lol this view is funky.

As of this morning, the map's design is complete. 2307 sectors, 16383 walls. All that's left to do is place the enemies, I'm hoping to get that all done by tonight, then I guess I'll ship it off to some folks for a beta. Hopefully it'll be released by the end of the week.

This post has been edited by CruX: 15 June 2016 - 07:24 AM

User is offline   FistMarine 

edit

This post has been edited by FistMarine: 11 December 2016 - 07:23 AM

User is offline   Kyanos 

View PostDaedolon, on 08 June 2016 - 05:45 AM, said:

Heavily reminds me of XS for some reason.

I had never heard of that game before today, looks beautiful (cut-scenes) for the era. Did/does it play well?

View PostTheDragonLiner, on 01 June 2016 - 11:18 PM, said:

In AMC this is a powerful shotgun, it shoots one shell but it is as powerful as if 2 had been shot ^_-
BTW the green thing at the bottom is Geoffrey's hand, you might want to edit it ^^

I made new sprites for the dual grenade launcher, here is high res, before index->dukepal->1/4 size...
Posted Image

Here it is in game, a testing map called jumpads 1
Posted Image

This post has been edited by Drek: 18 June 2016 - 05:56 AM

User is offline   brullov 

• Senior Artist at TGK

View PostDrek, on 18 June 2016 - 05:06 AM, said:

I had never heard of that game before today, looks beautiful (cut-scenes) for the era. Did/does it play well?

I made new sprites for the dual grenade launcher, here is high res, before index->dukepal->1/4 size...

You need some overpaint.

User is offline   Kyanos 

View PostVazovski, on 18 June 2016 - 06:42 AM, said:

You need some overpaint.

Oh yeah it does! That's literally just a photoshop script from the blender render (of the q3 grenade launcher) I am tweaking camera angles and tilt on the firing frame... wip

User is offline   Sanek 

This is probably the most cramped toilet room I've ever done.

Attached thumbnail(s)

• Attached Image: duke0064.png
  • Attached Image: capt0015.png

User is offline   oasiz 

• Dr. Effector

Still larger than the toilet in my apartment :P

User is offline   brownfarted 

• The Original Shitposter

Nice

User is offline   MusicallyInspired 

• The Sarien Encounter

Lol I was about to congratulate you on making your first post with noting to do with feces...but then I realized...

User is offline   Fox 

• Fraka kaka kaka kaka-kow!

Wolf3D to Duke3D map conversion. Also working for Mac levels.

How I did it: I converted the Wolf3D maps to a text list (which is very simply to do), then I open a Duke3D map composed of 64 x 64 square sectors and using CON I move sectors or add sprites following the list.

Posted Image

This post has been edited by Fox: 28 June 2016 - 02:33 AM

Share this topic:

• 361 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options