Duke4.net Forums: What are you working on for Duke right now? - Duke4.net Forums

• 361 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

What are you working on for Duke right now?  "Post about whatever Duke related stuff you're doing"

User is offline   David B. 

Here's a rendered pic of one of the models I made before mapping, devoted to the movie of Ridley Scott :

Attached thumbnail(s)

• Attached Image: Lightstreet_3d_model.jpg

This post has been edited by David B.: 21 November 2015 - 05:38 AM

User is offline   LkMax 

View PostMicky C, on 19 November 2015 - 03:27 PM, said:

-image of tiberian sun buildings on mapster-

Keep'em coming! :)

User is offline   Tea Monster 

• Polymancer

View PostDavid B., on 21 November 2015 - 05:26 AM, said:

Here's a rendered pic of one of the models I made before mapping, devoted to the movie of Ridley Scott :

What's it look like in Polymer?

View PostTea Monster, on 21 November 2015 - 07:44 AM, said:

What's it look like in Polymer?

Good but even with light source, textures need to be shaded a little bit more to raise contrast.

This post has been edited by David B.: 21 November 2015 - 07:55 AM

here is quickly a screenshot to show it in situ

Attached thumbnail(s)

• Attached Image: duke0006.jpg

User is offline   Jblade 

The USA part of the map was incredibly cramped so I've branched it out to a seperate screen. Every map is placed roughly to accuracy.

Attached thumbnail(s)

• Attached Image: USA.jpg

User is offline   Micky C 

• Honored Donor

View PostLkMax, on 21 November 2015 - 07:22 AM, said:

Keep'em coming! :)

The scale is really difficult to do. Obviously the units in the game are shown much bigger compared to the structures than what they'd realistically be. I think I managed to settle on something somewhat realistic. I'll try to make it so that you can enter the buildings, however besides the Construction Yard there won't really be anything to do in them.

What gave it most away that it was Tiberian Sun for people? The Tiberium Refinery? I was actually surprised how closely it matches the real thing in isometric view.

View PostJblade, on 23 November 2015 - 03:35 AM, said:

The USA part of the map was incredibly cramped so I've branched it out to a seperate screen. Every map is placed roughly to accuracy.

Might have to do the same for China somewhere down the line.

User is offline   Loke 

View PostMicky C, on 23 November 2015 - 04:53 AM, said:

What gave it most away that it was Tiberian Sun for people? The Tiberium Refinery? I was actually surprised how closely it matches the real thing in isometric view.

Recognized the NOD buildings immediately. :)

View PostJblade, on 23 November 2015 - 03:35 AM, said:

NICE !!

It sure would be practical for AMC because when a lot of things are displayed we can hardly select accurately, which is actually what happened to Rodrigo in his playthrough when he wanted to play Wet Dreams but the game would select Tropical Alien Massacre because there right next to each other.
Besides it makes locating the places we explore less aproximate ...

User is offline   LkMax 

The scale is really difficult to do. Obviously the units in the game are shown much bigger compared to the structures than what they'd realistically be. I think I managed to settle on something somewhat realistic. I'll try to make it so that you can enter the buildings, however besides the Construction Yard there won't really be anything to do in them.

I imagine it really is, TS architecture is probably very complex to build in Build.
I was half-joking with a Tiberian Dawn commando quote, but was curious how it might look in-game (probably harder to find the best textures for it).

I'm a big Command & Conquer fan so I recognised the buildings instantly.
From left to right I assume there's a Construction yard, 3 advanced power plants, a tiberium refinery and a war factory at the right botton. The war factory is the harder to recognize since it's basically a big box with a few details.

This post has been edited by LkMax: 23 November 2015 - 10:45 AM

User is offline   Mike Norvak 

• Music Producer

V A P O R E A L M S.

lol

Attached Image: duke0036.png

User is offline   Rhaisher 

View PostMike Norvak, on 24 November 2015 - 02:14 AM, said:

V A P O R E A L M S.

lol

Attachment duke0036.png

That sure looks nice! :) I still replay WGRealms 2 from time to time... I'm looking forward to the next release. Whenever it occurs, that is. :)

User is offline   Jolteon 

Here's some pics of the next map I am working on. Is anyone hungry? If so, come on down to Mars Donalds! :)

Attached Image: capt0007.png Attached Image: capt0001.png
Attached Image: capt0003.png Attached Image: capt0006.png

It's got a long way to go before it is 100% complete. Plus progress is slow. I'll post more pictures later on when I get more work done. :)

Also, I might add in a new enemy for this level. (It is already coded, but I haven't placed them in yet.)

User is offline   Danukem 

• Duke Plus Developer

View PostJolteon, on 28 November 2015 - 02:53 PM, said:

Here's some pics of the next map I am working on. Is anyone hungry? If so, come on down to Mars Donalds! :)

Sorry, I accidentally downvoted when I tried to upvote. I really need to get new glasses. I think it sucks that we aren't allowed to reverse our votes.

Anyway, looks good! However, I think "McMartians" would sound better than "Mars Donalds"

User is offline   Mblackwell 

• Evil Overlord

View PostTrooper Dan, on 28 November 2015 - 05:50 PM, said:

Sorry, I accidentally downvoted when I tried to upvote.

I balanced it out for you.

User is offline   Jolteon 

Sorry, I accidentally downvoted when I tried to upvote. I really need to get new glasses. I think it sucks that we aren't allowed to reverse our votes.

No worries :P . Everyone makes mistakes once in a while (Even I make mistakes :) ).

Anyway, looks good! However, I think "McMartians" would sound better than "Mars Donalds"

Thank you. I didn't think of that name though, "Mars Donalds" actually just came into my mind. But "McMartians" is a good name too. :)

• Duke Plus Developer

Putting the "thermal" back in thermal detonators.

...and still looking for mappers!

User is offline   Hendricks266 

• Weaponized Autism

View PostTrooper Dan, on 28 November 2015 - 11:14 PM, said:

For a second I thought this was the Shaw's Nightmare thread.

Brilliant !! Simply blowing 'em up into jiblets never did seem like enough :)

Spoiler

TTFN,
Jon

• Duke Plus Developer

View PostThe Mechanic, on 29 November 2015 - 01:45 AM, said:

Brilliant !! Simply blowing 'em up into jiblets never did seem like enough :)

Is it like postal 2 where flaming enemies also set fire to other enemies - er, and yourself if you get too close ? (Not that it matters particulaly, simply curious).

The Dark Forces weapon set is surprisingly explosive for a universe where we seldom see explosive weapons being used. I want to make sure that each weapon has something unique about it, rather than just providing the player with lots of different ways to spread jibs. In this case, the burning is just a fancy death animation, and it doesn't spread to others. That could change, but I don't want to make it too spammy or overpowered. As far as additional effects, my first idea would be to give the detonators the ability to destroy certain flammable materials which no other weapons can damage, making it possible to open up secret areas.

User is offline   Inspector Lagomorf 

• Glory To Motherland!

Putting the "thermal" back in thermal detonators.

I'd be happy to map for your project depending on if you're looking for a particular style. PM me.

User is offline   Micky C 

• Honored Donor

This is about as close as I can get to the Tiberian Sun Hand of Nod.

Posted Image

User is offline   Darkus 

I'm working on a GAME.CON that is destined to replace the original.
The idea is to fix most of the bugs without adding new features, trying to keep the game original as possible(no new actors, and using less variables as possible).

I corrected tons of things like possibility to spawn eggs and recon vehicles using RESPAWN sprite(thus fixing missing monster in E1L2), corrected palette for spawning liztroops, shrunk monsters, and even fixed the kill counter(at least I hope)...
Also made some small cosmetical changes like green blood for eggs, or pigcop/recon/tank are counting as for one enemy...

But I need more time of testing before I release something even if it's almost finished.

• Duke Plus Developer

View PostDarkus, on 01 December 2015 - 01:07 PM, said:

I'm working on a GAME.CON that is destined to replace the original.
The idea is to fix most of the bugs without adding new features, trying to keep the game original as possible(no new actors, and using less variables as possible).

I corrected tons of things like possibility to spawn eggs and recon vehicles using RESPAWN sprite(thus fixing missing monster in E1L2), corrected palette for spawning liztroops, shrunk monsters, and even fixed the kill counter(at least I hope)...
Also made some small cosmetical changes like green blood for eggs, or pigcop/recon/tank are counting as for one enemy...

But I need more time of testing before I release something even if it's almost finished.

Sorry to break this to you, but you are largely duplicating the work of something released years ago. Check out the attached EDUKE.CON. I did not write it, and I'm not 100% sure who did. I believe it may have been Fox and Hendricks266 (apologies if that is not correct). Anyway, it fixes most of those things you mentioned plus some other stuff you didn't. Unfortunately, I only have the CON file itself and no longer have any documentation it may have been packaged with. I don't even know for sure if this is the most recent version. Perhaps one of the authors will come forward and shed some light on this.

Attached File(s)

• Attached File  EDUKE.zip (5.05K)
    Number of downloads: 102

User is offline   Darkus 

View PostTrooper Dan, on 01 December 2015 - 01:54 PM, said:

Sorry to break this to you, but you are largely duplicating the work of something released years ago. Check out the attached EDUKE.CON. I did not write it, and I'm not 100% sure who did. I believe it may have been Fox and Hendricks266 (apologies if that is not correct). Anyway, it fixes most of those things you mentioned plus some other stuff you didn't. Unfortunately, I only have the CON file itself and no longer have any documentation it may have been packaged with. I don't even know for sure if this is the most recent version. Perhaps one of the authors will come forward and shed some light on this.

Ah yes, I remember, I think it's this:
https://forums.duke4...8-basic-bug-fix
But if it fixes the 'enemy total count' it does not fix the 'enemies killed count'.

Examples that I corrected:
- Squishing dead monsters add one additional kill.
- Freeze a pig cop (or green slime) to get a kill. Wait for him to unfreeze, and freeze him again, to increment your kill count again and again...
- Killing an octabrain with the expander count as two kills: one when growing, and one when exploding.
- If a living monster is crushed by a subway, it does not count as a kill.
- When a green slime is eating a living monster, it decrease the total number of monsters.

I also fixed other things, like you can shoot a red liztroop when they're about to teleport, fixed the height of crouching enemies, or when a monster kills the player with a melee attack, the player's view turn to the monster who killed him, like he was shoot. And there are more...

Fox's version act as a mutator and fixes differents things, like you can switch between pipebombs/trigger, or the pistol reloading time, which I have not made (maybe i'll ask for pipebomb switching).

User is offline   Hendricks266 

• Weaponized Autism

Fixing bugs like this is a fun intellectual exercise, but not one that is going to gain traction on its own.

I still have the project I mentioned in that other thread two years ago, nearly untouched.

I look forward to seeing what you come up with (both the bug list, and the fixes), but I will likely find significant constructive criticism with your code.

Maybe someday I'll get back to work on the mod, but working with the EDuke32 source code has been far more rewarding than it, NW+, Vaca+, etc. have been, and there are entire games that could better use my attention than giving Duke some extra touch-ups.

User is offline   Mark 

Entire games= SWP :)

This post has been edited by Mark.: 01 December 2015 - 05:17 PM

User is offline   Tea Monster 

• Polymancer

This is very true.

User is offline   Fox 

• Fraka kaka kaka kaka-kow!

View PostDarkus, on 01 December 2015 - 01:07 PM, said:

and even fixed the kill counter(at least I hope)...

Recently I have write a code that fix the kill count flawlessly. It's different from the one Trooper Dan uploaded.

Notes:
- It applies to all circumstances which an actor hit points reaches zero or is deleted. The code in GAME.CON is completely ignored.
- The max kill count never change. Spawning enemies add to the count when you start the level.
- Assault Troopers/Captains faking death or enemies that respawn in Damn I'm Good skill decrease the count.
- Pig Cops spawned by a vehicle or a Protozoid Smiler spawned by an egg count as a single entity. That means that destroying an egg is only included before it hatched.
- Protector Drones spawned by the Alien Queen are ignored. It seems appropriate to not count these enemies to completing 100% of a level.
- Subsequent smilers spawned after an egg is frozen are ignored since this is a bug.

This post has been edited by Fox: 02 December 2015 - 12:58 PM

User is offline   Jimmy 

• Let's go Brandon!

View PostHendricks266, on 01 December 2015 - 05:01 PM, said:

Fixing bugs like this is a fun intellectual exercise, but not one that is going to gain traction on its own.

I still have the project I mentioned in that other thread two years ago, nearly untouched.

I look forward to seeing what you come up with (both the bug list, and the fixes), but I will likely find significant constructive criticism with your code.

Maybe someday I'll get back to work on the mod, but working with the EDuke32 source code has been far more rewarding than it, NW+, Vaca+, etc. have been, and there are entire games that could better use my attention than giving Duke some extra touch-ups.

We should do a shit ton of Dexedrine and finish Duke Nukem Classic.

This post has been edited by Jimmy Gnosis: 01 December 2015 - 08:43 PM

Share this topic:

• 361 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options