Duke4.net Forums: What are you working on for Duke right now? - Duke4.net Forums

• 362 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

What are you working on for Duke right now?  "Post about whatever Duke related stuff you're doing"

User is online   ck3D 

Progress on Shrapnel City reimagining is slow/casual so here's a bit of heavily W.I.P. Flood Zone:

Posted Image

Posted Image

Building with the monitor in the first screen hides the actual cool stuff, red cliffs ideally will go too.

Map I'd say is about half done with approximately 70/75% of the locations/levels built but still lacking a lot that I want and might take a while to implement.

It's based on the original level themes x Santa Monica landmarks x references x imagination.

This post has been edited by ck3D: 10 December 2023 - 08:34 PM

User is offline   Mike Norvak 

• Music Producer

View Postck3D, on 10 December 2023 - 08:32 PM, said:

Progress on Shrapnel City reimagining is slow/casual so here's a bit of heavily W.I.P. Flood Zone:

Posted Image

Posted Image

Building with the monitor in the first screen hides the actual cool stuff, red cliffs ideally will go too.

Map I'd say is about half done with approximately 70/75% of the locations/levels built but still lacking a lot that I want and might take a while to implement.

It's based on the original level themes x Santa Monica landmarks x references x imagination.

Always wanted to see a huge city underwater in a Duke map. Awesome!

Lately, I've been working on a map based on Shifting Sand Land from Super Mario 64; like my other Super Mario 64 maps, it uses a lot of TROR, including TROR scissoring. (At this point, I haven't done any of the lighting yet, and a lot of stuff is still using tile #182 as a placeholder texture.)
#1 and #2 are in the outdoor part of the map. #3 and #4 are inside the pyramid (where all the TROR is visibly causing Mapster's classic renderer to eat shit). #5 is basically the area where Eyerok was in the original Super Mario 64 course.

Attached thumbnail(s)

• Attached Image: capt0000.png
  • Attached Image: capt0001.png
  • Attached Image: capt0002.png
  • Attached Image: capt0003.png
  • Attached Image: capt0004.png

User is online   ck3D 

That's a really good idea for a remake (execution is looking dope too), I hope you make Eyerok an actual sector boss, it's an enemy I've thought of remaking before in Duke even without the context of SSL. Could have the hands be sectors that move back and forth, possibly pushing the player into the void or crushing them, that would lower to the ground and become invisible/harmless after switches on the hands and/or a crack in the central altar have been shot enough times. Was kind of sitting on the idea for a while but now since you're making the actual level, maybe you should do it. Hope the top of the pillars will have touchplates too and be surrounded by some kind of flying hazard! RPV would be the easiest/cheapest but perhaps you could do something else. Good luck!

This post has been edited by ck3D: 12 December 2023 - 06:02 AM

User is offline   jimbob 

working on a waterfront area

Attached thumbnail(s)

• Attached Image: duke0003.png

This post has been edited by jimbob: 15 December 2023 - 11:00 AM

View Postjimbob, on 15 December 2023 - 11:00 AM, said:

working on a waterfront area

Is this in build? Are the cables on the powerlines really cables?

User is offline   jimbob 

yes, and thats a skybox

User is offline   Seb Luca 

It's always a pleasure to pass through this section and see the admirable work that everyone can do. Well done, guys ! ;)

User is offline   Aleks 

I've just set up a ModDB page for my new level, which should be out for Christmas. You can check it out here or through the link in my signature, there're plenty of screenshots and I'm currently trying to upload the videos of the 2 intricate elevators which I've shown on Discord I think last year. There's also the story included in the description. Now just throwing in a "logo" image along with perhaps the first reveal of the level name.
Attached Image: ST_LOGO2.png

Still working on derelict.
Attached Image: file(2).png
It has become even slower sweating at the wall limit. It doesn't look like there will be enough for a proper underwater area.
I hated derelict for how cramped the first areas are and had that in mind with the width of the ship... it ended up the same complaint. Happy to say I upgraded the doors though.

User is offline   Mark 

I think you can squeeze in another few sprites at the bottom. :P

User is offline   Forge 

• Speaker of the Outhouse

made hallway
recalled how mediocre i was at this

Posted Image

Good thing the other mappers for the upcoming Alien Armageddon release are actually very talented.
I pretend to map just so I can get an insider sneak peek at their work.

This post has been edited by Forge: 19 December 2023 - 09:03 AM

User is offline   Paul B 

View PostForge, on 19 December 2023 - 08:56 AM, said:

made hallway
recalled how mediocre i was at this

Posted Image

Good thing the other mappers for the upcoming Alien Armageddon release are actually very talented.
I pretend to map just so I can get an insider sneak peek at their work.

Forge this isn't mediocre work. This is a high quality screenshot and i'm talking about the screen capture not the level design. (Just Kidding) Don't be so hard on yourself, you're a top designer and I've always enjoyed the maps and content you create. You're one of the best, don't forget that.

User is offline   Forge 

View PostPaul B, on 20 December 2023 - 07:26 AM, said:

This is a high quality screenshot and i'm talking about the screen capture not the level design.

+1 for actually making me laugh out loud

User is offline   Danukem 

• Duke Plus Developer

Forge is a great level designer and he could have picked a dozen areas from that map that look more impressive, I guess he was just unhappy with that corridor and wanted to pick on himself. Unfortunately, he doesn't give himself or anyone else permission to think highly of his work.

User is offline   Mark 

I got bored again.

Attached thumbnail(s)

• Attached Image: merry xmas1.png

User is offline   Danukem 

• Duke Plus Developer

View PostMark, on 20 December 2023 - 12:41 PM, said:

I got bored again.

I know the idea is that Santa is the leader of the pack, but when I see that I can't help but think he's about to get jumped and eaten from behind.

User is offline   Mark 

Those are Bad Santa's new reindeer.

User is offline   Forge 

View PostMark, on 20 December 2023 - 12:41 PM, said:

I got bored again.

neat.
needs more bewbs

User is online   ck3D 

W.I.P. neo Raw Meat:

Posted Image

User is offline   Graphics 

View PostToiletDuck64, on 12 December 2023 - 03:23 AM, said:

Lately, I've been working on a map based on Shifting Sand Land from Super Mario 64.

This is epic. Would you be interested in working on something together?

As for me, here's something I'm working on. Hope you guys like it.

Attached thumbnail(s)

• Attached Image: capt0005.png
  • Attached Image: capt0004.png
  • Attached Image: capt0006.png

I thought, I'd mention this here as well. I took some time away from landscaping my map to fix some texture glitches in my last update for my mod. Seems I forgot to save the pixelated 4x textures. But to play it safe for now, I'm making all the textures filtered. This way it's not an exact copy from the original game and it's easier to create filtered textures, until I get my art application installed again. So, I do plan on making a pixelated port of the game, just not right now.

Attached thumbnail(s)

• Attached Image: capt0011.png
  • Attached Image: capt0012.png
  • Attached Image: capt0013.png

User is online   ck3D 

Posted Image

Posted Image

Oh no, what's going on!

User is offline   Ninety-Six 

View Postck3D, on 26 December 2023 - 12:42 AM, said:

Oh no, what's going on!

BR prequel level?

User is online   ck3D 

View PostNinety-Six, on 26 December 2023 - 09:04 AM, said:

BR prequel level?

No, not yet. This is still from the Shrapnel City remake. That part reuses the conveyor belt loop trick High Treason popularized with Alien Abductee, I just learned it, it's stupid cool. This is going to be a pretty wild map. Just spent all day setting up the 500 water teleporters for the Flood Zone bit too.

This post has been edited by ck3D: 26 December 2023 - 01:44 PM

Got the first mapper on board with my Retro Deathmatch mod the other day. ToiletDuck64, is known for recreating N64 levels into Duke Nukem 3D. Here I am working on adding the proper textures to his recreation of this Mario 64 level, Wet Dry World. All the mapping was done by ToiletDuck64 and all the credit for his epic work, goes to him. All I'm doing is porting the Textures from the original game into the map. It should be ready for my mod by the next update.

PS: Thank you ToiletDuck64.

Attached thumbnail(s)

• Attached Image: capt0000.png

I don't want to post too much. But this was worth sharing.

Here's a little update on the map that TolietDuck64 made from Mario64.

- Added a backdrop (the sky) from Mario64.
- More textures based on the original game added.
- Edited textures, to try and match the N64 dynamics.
- Midi track based on the game with sound font.
- I also worked on fixing the TROR bugs.

Everything isn't done, yet. But progress is going well and I'm having fun.

Attached thumbnail(s)

• Attached Image: capt0007.png

I feel like I'm on a roll. I've been getting a lot of work done for my mod. Thank you, time off. I know this is a little heavy on the posting. But look, at that grass. Check out this skybox I just made?

I hope you guys like how it looks with the intended 16bit style maps.

Attached thumbnail(s)

• Attached Image: demo.png
  • Attached Image: texture3839 (2x-size).png

It's been a while. I'm not really ready to share any intricate details of anything at the moment, but I did devise a means of rapidly constructing complex slope structures in just about any shape and size, which I'll be sure to document eventually - causes headaches, not recommended for beginners but not actually difficult once you know what you're looking at:

Attached Image: image7.png Attached Image: image8.png Attached Image: image9.png Attached Image: image10.png

Those pictures won't make it into being an actual map, as this was just to test the method. The technique is being used to do something else that may appear, eventually. In the mean time, this doesn't use it, but does other things instead:

Attached Image: capt0073.png Attached Image: capt0076.png

Mostly just a "not dead yet, just have other things to do" post. Might reappear in about six months if all goes well.

User is offline   brullov 

• Senior Artist at TGK

View PostHigh Treason, on 30 December 2023 - 05:43 AM, said:

It's been a while. I'm not really ready to share any intricate details of anything at the moment, but I did devise a means of rapidly constructing complex slope structures in just about any shape and size, which I'll be sure to document eventually - causes headaches, not recommended for beginners but not actually difficult once you know what you're looking at:

The hills are so smooth, digging the shading. I wonder how it looks from the player's perspective.

Share this topic:

• 362 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options