• 9 Pages +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

custom DNF details for the HRP  "DNF-ish gloves and crosshair"

User is offline   OpenMaw 

• Judge Mental

View PostMusicallyInspired, on Jun 16 2009, 11:43 AM, said:

Is this just a model skin/texture replacement pack? Because that Glock really should be remodeled into an actual Desert Eagle if not.

Modern Duke packs a customized 1911. :)

User is offline   Tea Monster 

• Polymancer

The 1911 is probably more "militarily correct" (used by special service forces etc).

But if you ask anyone what Duke's handgun looks like, they will say it looks like this....

Attached thumbnail(s)

• Attached Image: DE50AE2_sml.jpg

User is offline   MusicallyInspired 

• The Sarien Encounter

View PostCommando Nukem, on Jun 16 2009, 05:14 PM, said:

Modern Duke packs a customized 1911. :)

Ah yes that's true!

User is offline   daniel262b 

to be honest, i like the 1911 better than the desert eagle. It's been in use for a long time and it looks cool too.

Anyway, i'm a bit swamped this week with some work for an exam, but i should be getting back on track this sunday.

Till then, i'll start a to-do list with all the ideas that i'd like to see:

1. Re-map all hands with ass-kicking gloves. Maybe 2 different types and have an option in the menu to switch to preffered type.
2. Design new HUD
2.5. Figure out a way to allow bigger crosshair size than the default
3. Add "Ego" to health system (gonna have to leave this one to people who know how to do it, i have no idea regarding how it can be done)
3.5. On-screen damage direction indicators, if it's possible in this engine
4. - Optional - The boot needs a fix, the way it looks right now it seems it's coming out of the stomach and the leg is too short/too close IMO.
4. - Optional - Replace old starting screen nuke explosion with the 2001 E3 video one.
4. - Optional - knockdown effect just like the one in the last leaked video, where Duke gets floored on the Stadium by the Cycloid Emperor. I figure it'd be sort of like the ledge-grabbing trick in DukePlus, the weapon goes down and you're into an automatic look-down+crouch for a second, and it should happen only when you're near a big explosion or if you fall from a distance where you lose health.

i'll add more to this list. Please feel free to make suggestions. Keep in mind that the goal here is to make it look/feel Forever-y.

This post has been edited by daniel262b: 17 June 2009 - 09:28 AM

User is offline   Jaxx 

I would like to know in wich format is the video of the nuke explosion in the intro cause I got the nuke explosion from 2001 video on my computer so I think it will be easy to import it in the game. I've done something new for the HUD but it's not kicking ass... but I'm sure I can do something good for it, heres a screen of what I've done so far :
Posted Image
Still awaiting for ideas to make an amazing HUD :)
And I wonder something else : is it possible to make a life bar?

This post has been edited by Jaxx: 17 June 2009 - 10:16 AM

User is offline   Jimmy 

• Let's go Brandon!

Whichever Nuke explosion you use will have some of it's quality sacrificed, since no video files are supported in Eduke32. You have to make the same file they used for the original game, a .anm which is a collection of .pcx files, which doesn't include sound. You'd probably be better off just using the original nuke intro.

Life bars, however, are possible, but isn't something a noob could code.

This post has been edited by Captain Awesome: 17 June 2009 - 10:59 AM

User is online   Danukem 

• Duke Plus Developer

View PostCaptain Awesome, on Jun 17 2009, 11:58 AM, said:

Life bars, however, are possible, but isn't something a noob could code.

Also, there's a good reason why most games still show numbers. Sometimes you need to know exactly how much health you have left. Glancing at a bar only gives you a vague idea.

View PostJaxx, on Jun 17 2009, 09:15 PM, said:

I would like to know in wich format is the video of the nuke explosion in the intro cause I got the nuke explosion from 2001 video on my computer so I think it will be easy to import it in the game.

like Cap Awesome said, it's an .anm, packed in the GRP file. While i found tools that i could use to make .anm and pack them in the original GRP, now that i think of it it'd be too much work for something so unimportant.

A health bar would be cool i guess, but i'm a number kind of guy myself. If anything, all i want regarding the health tab is the normal amount of health to be 120 instead of the omnipresent 100.

i'll sketch out some life bar ideas soon and post them up.

User is online   Danukem 

• Duke Plus Developer

View Postdaniel262b, on Jun 17 2009, 12:56 PM, said:

i'll sketch out some life bar ideas soon and post them up.

I have made life bars for mods before. A life bar is simply a series of short verticle lines drawn side-by-side, the number of them depending on how much health the player has. You can make them look a little better by making the first and last lines have rounded edges, and/or by having the bar housed inside of a frame.

User is offline   ReaperMan 

Hey, i have an idea, how about make both a desert eagle and a 1911, then make it so the player can choose which one they want to use at the start of the game. Then everyone can be happy. ;)

User is online   Danukem 

• Duke Plus Developer

I have an idea too. How about deciding what the hell this project is? Is it going to be an alternative to Duke Plus? An art pack to replace some of the HRP stuff?

art pack - some texture replacements for HRP.

all the other ideas are not important right now, first and foremost i need to get the textures done.

User is offline   Jaxx 

For the nuke explosion, it's finally not possible, I've tried to import it in duke 3d art files but I haven't managed to do anything good. It works but it sucks ;) so we better stay with the current nuke explosion.

User is offline   Roma Loom 

• Loomsday Device

Placing DE in the hud, even scaled down to fight the perpective still looks unsatisfying ;)

Posted Image

User is online   Danukem 

• Duke Plus Developer

Golden guns suck. They always have. They look like silly toys that a gangsta with gold teeth would flash around.

User is offline   diehard 

View PostDeeperThought, on Jun 18 2009, 10:52 AM, said:

Golden guns suck. They always have. They look like silly toys that a gangsta with gold teeth would flash around.

Agreed, if its gonna be golden have him hold it on an angle and be really gangsta'

User is offline   Sebastian 

View PostRoma Loom, on Jun 18 2009, 04:55 AM, said:

Placing DE in the hud, even scaled down to fight the perpective still looks unsatisfying ;)

Posted Image

Great model and perspective (not sure about the skin), it seems slightly smaller than it ought to be compared with the size of his hand - but nice job!

User is offline   Jaxx 

Cool gun^^

User is offline   ReaperMan 

View PostRoma Loom, on Jun 18 2009, 08:55 AM, said:

Posted Image

Thats a nice model, but it looks to small, the desert eagle should be bigger since its a big handgun.

This post has been edited by ReaperMan: 18 June 2009 - 03:11 PM

User is offline   Jimmy 

• Let's go Brandon!

Desert Eagles are larger than most pistols. The only golden gun I've ever liked was THE Golden Gun.

User is offline   OpenMaw 

• Judge Mental

View PostTea Monster, on Jun 17 2009, 07:41 AM, said:

The 1911 is probably more "militarily correct" (used by special service forces etc).

But if you ask anyone what Duke's handgun looks like, they will say it looks like this....

1911 is also an American Gun, whereas the Desert Eagle is Israeli. It would make more sense for Duke to use a 1911. Not to mention the reliability factor.

View PostRoma Loom, on Jun 18 2009, 05:55 AM, said:

Posted Image

Looks alright to me, maybe a little wider and londer. But honestly, why bother if this is just a texture theme pack?

Just slowly gonna be prying open the can of worms that is over complicating things.

It's possible that it could be used as a "DNF style" option for Duke Plus if DT and the author would agree to it, but otherwise, I guess it's just a little add on pack for those who want to have a little feel of that ol' game in this even older game. ;)

User is offline   Jaxx 

I've given a try at gloves and HUD (again but this time I've just modified original HUD ^^) and I like what I've done so check it out :
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
So, what do you think of this ;) Maybe it sucks, I dunno but I find it cool.

Good start, but it lacks any real textures, shadows and highlights (might wanna hold off on those two until they work HUD models into Polymer lighting).
Check out the screens in the first post of this thread for texture reference for a better idea how to texture your glove.

User is offline   Jaxx 

I've already tried to texture the gloves it would have been easy if they were blue but in black, I can't manage to texture the gloves... the way I want ;)

Well they're not entirely black on your skin, take these photos as reference for examples of how to texture it with subtle highlights:
http://store.mpgear.com/ProductImages/sugo...entoglove-b.jpg
http://www.igniq.com...love_290605.jpg
http://www.foxcreekleather.com/images/larg...r_1_475x500.jpg

User is offline   Jaxx 

Thanks I will try something later ^^

User is offline   Forge 

• Speaker of the Outhouse

View PostCommando Nukem, on Jun 19 2009, 12:15 PM, said:

1911 is also an American Gun, whereas the Desert Eagle is Israeli. It would make more sense for Duke to use a 1911.

An what is the chaingun? Canadian? 'Cause I want to buy one. And then maybe I'll go to Uruguay to purchase me a freezerthrower.

User is offline   Jimmy 

• Let's go Brandon!

View PostForge, on Jun 20 2009, 05:30 PM, said:

An what is the chaingun? Canadian? 'Cause I want to buy one. And then maybe I'll go to Uruguay to purchase me a freezerthrower.

Freezethrowers don't exist. The Chaingun however is based on the Swedish Nordenfelt Gun.

User is offline   Forge 

• Speaker of the Outhouse

View PostCaptain Awesome, on Jun 20 2009, 05:16 PM, said:

Freezethrowers don't exist. The Chaingun however is based on the Swedish Nordenfelt Gun.

Really? I thought for sure that the freezethrower, the shrinker, and the expander were real guns. ;)

I thought the chaingun is a Russian made Pribor-3B Nordenfelt.

But the point I was making refers to the nationality of the gun and why does it make more sense for Duke to be carrying an American made pistol as opposed to an Israeli made one?

This post has been edited by Forge: 20 June 2009 - 04:44 PM

Share this topic:

• 9 Pages +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options