Duke4.net Forums: custom DNF details for the HRP - Duke4.net Forums

• 9 Pages +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

custom DNF details for the HRP  "DNF-ish gloves and crosshair"

User is offline   The Commander 

• I used to be a Brown Fuzzy Fruit, but I've changed bro...

Use the Posted ImageEdit button!

This post has been edited by The Commander: 30 September 2011 - 09:06 AM

View Postthat1badcoder, on 30 September 2011 - 07:15 AM, said:

hey again guys im sry about the last post i dont mean to troll but the file was too big to upload. =(

im only 12 and my dad lets me play duke 3d but I hope that you will all accept me as an individial and accept my imput as positive and not affiliate me with a trolling snot nosed 12 year old brat. so I just want to help contribute to this project

User is offline   poop87 

I'm having some trouble installing it because I'm not really that good at installing mods to HRP and DukePlus.

User is offline   VinsaneOne 

View Postthat1badcoder, on 30 September 2011 - 12:26 PM, said:

im only 12 and my dad lets me play duke 3d but I hope that you will all accept me as an individial and accept my imput as positive and not affiliate me with a trolling snot nosed 12 year old brat. so I just want to help contribute to this project

You have a cool dad. Does he still play it too?
And don't worry, young man. Your age don't matter and it's good to see someone as young get into DN3D.
Keep kicking ass, and I'm sure you have a huge supply of bubble gum!

User is offline   Micky C 

• Honored Donor

View Postpoop87, on 18 November 2011 - 07:52 PM, said:

I'm having some trouble installing it because I'm not really that good at installing mods to HRP and DukePlus.

This pack isn't compatible with the current HRP anyway.

View PostVinsaneOne, on 18 November 2011 - 10:58 PM, said:

You have a cool dad. Does he still play it too?
And don't worry, young man. Your age don't matter and it's good to see someone as young get into DN3D.
Keep kicking ass, and I'm sure you have a huge supply of bubble gum!

Judging by the age of the post and his ego, I don't think he's come back to this forum since then Posted Image

User is offline   poop87 

Which zips do I extract if I want every weapon to be gloved and the pistol to be gold and the devestator to look different and so on?

User is offline   LeoD 

• Duke4.net topic/3513

View Postpoop87, on 26 December 2011 - 07:06 PM, said:

Which zips do I extract if I want every weapon to be gloved and the pistol to be gold and the devestator to look different?

Try my Z-pack (follow the link in my signature, read the thread). Do not extract, put it into your autoload folder.
It will give you gloved weapons (plus the old devastator), a customized XXX-pack and then some, but no golden pistol.
However, the files for the golden pistol are contained (highres\sprites\firstperson\2524_pistol_gold_[a|b].png). You'll need to rename one of them to 2524_pistol.png.

View Postpoop87, on 26 December 2011 - 07:06 PM, said:

... and so on?

It's not too hard to customize the Z-pack or other stuff yourself. As for the XXX-pack part, only the images have been replaced for example. Otherwise have a look at the def/CON files and compare them to their originals (dex/COX).

User is offline   poop87 

View PostLeoD, on 27 December 2011 - 03:09 PM, said:

Try my Z-pack (follow the link in my signature, read the thread). Do not extract, put it into your autoload folder.
It will give you gloved weapons (plus the old devastator), a customized XXX-pack and then some, but no golden pistol.
However, the files for the golden pistol are contained (highres\sprites\firstperson\2524_pistol_gold_[a|b].png). You'll need to rename one of them to 2524_pistol.png.

It's not too hard to customize the Z-pack or other stuff yourself. As for the XXX-pack part, only the images have been replaced for example. Otherwise have a look at the def/CON files and compare them to their originals (dex/COX).

Does it include the DNF HUD?

User is offline   LeoD 

• Duke4.net topic/3513

View Postpoop87, on 27 December 2011 - 06:22 PM, said:

Does it include the DNF HUD?

It looks like this. Since some EDuke32 version the crosshair color can't be changed anymore. (Was 'CrosshairColor = "255,174,0"' in eduke32.cfg.)

Attached thumbnail(s)

• Attached Image: Polymost Z-Pack.jpg
  • Attached Image: Polymer Z-Pack.jpg

This post has been edited by LeoD: 28 December 2011 - 11:58 AM

User is offline   poop87 

View Postdaniel262b, on 27 March 2010 - 08:37 AM, said:

'sup everyone

i got some inspiration a while ago and started modding textures again, i've attached a sneak peek of what i've modified so far.

Now, what i need some help with is removing those leftover flames from the chaingun (and shotgun) and adding new ones (will upload new muzzle flash soon) at the right position (last screenshot has the flames captured). Does anybody know how to do that in a clean way?

I'm re-texturing the Shrinker and Freezethrower too, though i have nothing screenshot-worthy yet.

edit: i forgot to ask, is there a mod that spawns a trigger hand for the quick pipebomb? if not, can it be done?

How do I get those looks for the weapons?

User is offline   Hool 

The shotgun and Ripper look amazing! In Duke Nukem Eternity there were no gloves for the Ripper so it looked quite odd and then the gloves, gold pistol and HUD were removed for the latest version :unsure:. Can't wait to see those weapons in action and "poop87" they haven't been released yet.

This post has been edited by WheatleyNukem: 05 January 2012 - 06:50 AM

User is offline   LeoD 

• Duke4.net topic/3513

View PostWheatleyNukem, on 05 January 2012 - 06:49 AM, said:

The shotgun and Ripper look amazing! In Duke Nukem Eternity there were no gloves for the Ripper so it looked quite odd and then the gloves, gold pistol and HUD were removed for the latest version :unsure:. Can't wait to see those weapons in action and "poop87" they haven't been released yet.

I'm afraid this won't happen since daniel262b hasn't been active for a long time now. :P

User is offline   Hool 

View PostLeoD, on 05 January 2012 - 08:04 AM, said:

I'm afraid this won't happen since daniel262b hasn't been active for a long time now. :unsure:

Really? That's sad :P It looked so promising, the shotgun looked better than the one currently in HRP Pack.

User is offline   poop87 

View PostWheatleyNukem, on 05 January 2012 - 08:56 AM, said:

Really? That's sad :unsure: It looked so promising, the shotgun looked better than the one currently in HRP Pack.

Maybe someone should try to recreate the RPG, Pipebomb button, and Laser Tripbomb in the picture.

Share this topic:

• 9 Pages +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options