Duke4.net Forums: AMC TC Episode Three released - Duke4.net Forums

• 18 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

AMC TC Episode Three released  "Grab it here!"

View PostJblade, on 11 March 2019 - 12:10 AM, said:

it's just sprites placed as decoratives that's all.

Okay thanks, you reassure me ^^
BTW I have 2 glitches to report, you should find them "easy" to fix. 1_ I have played some EDF Missions and "Dark Gate" is never tagged as completed and you get no medals. 2_ When you play as Snowfall in the AMC Base but you select a mission which is specific to another character then you will tranfer Snowfall's forcefield onto that character and ALL of the others. Very helpfull but it remains a glitch.
Also a tiny thing, Sang's Ep3 counterpart and Snowfall's foot steps don't speed up when you sprint.

User is offline   Radar 

• King of SOVL

@Jblade @Micky C

Ok, I'll take your word for it if you say episode 3 is just as long, if not longer, than episode 2.

I suppose I was just so blown away by episode 2 when it was first released that I felt episode 3 was lacking, even if on paper both episodes are pretty equal in length and size. When ep 2 was released back in 2015, it was seriously one of the greatest video game experiences of my life, so I think I just felt like something was missing. I should keep in mind though that moving forward, it will be hard to top these episodes in old Build.

Having played the first 2 episodes so many times probably contributed to me playing this episode so fast. I remember taking almost a week to complete episode 2 when it first came out. But I finished episode 3 in a weekend.

I think I was also thrown off because the final mission can be reached before other missions are completed (I haven't played Chaos Sphere, which I see also unlocks Pipe Dream). Imo, Chaos Sphere and Micky's origin story should have been required missions. Perhaps part of a "second phase" of missions to choose from after completing the first batch after X64-2.

This post has been edited by Radar: 11 March 2019 - 05:12 AM

User is offline   Jblade 

To be honest it sounds more like you just got older and stuff isn't impressing you as much anymore; I think this episode is the best yet (there's still secret stuff to find as well)
Spoiler

This post has been edited by Jblade: 11 March 2019 - 05:26 AM

User is offline   ozelot47 

Is 'Zeta Base' from episode 2 only playable with Micky? Because if I choose another character, I can not kick, punch or fire with weapons.

User is offline   Jblade 

take off the space-suit :) You can remove it in one of the empty spacesuit bays in the airlock.

Say I'm having a problem with the weapons guy in the new Garmid Hub ...
I told him "I'll take it"' twice for all his 3 guns but they never appear on the shopkeeper's list ! I want to buy them directly because I have tons of munnies to spend but I'm feeling it may have a relation to having asked about the bottle caps (I found one in Neutrino) but still ...
I tried launching the episode again and it doesn't change anything. The Veyron worked but not the guns >_>

User is offline   Jblade 

try typing setvar FAITHFUL_LICENSE 1 into the console and see if that works

View PostJblade, on 12 March 2019 - 06:40 AM, said:

try typing setvar FAITHFUL_LICENSE 1 into the console and see if that works

It doesn't seem to work. They still don't show up on the shopkeeper's screen and I didn't get any message whatsoever >_>
Is there any other way ?

EDIT : Actually I found a way. You see writing those "setvar" shenanigans wrote a "FAITHFUL_LICENSE = 64" in my Eduke32.CFG file. I replaced the 64 by a 1 AND IT WORKED !!
If anybody gets the same problem as me then go ahead and aply James' method and then mine if it didn't work.

This post has been edited by TheDragonLiner: 12 March 2019 - 07:38 AM

(Sorry double post)
So I finally finished Ep3. I got many things to say but it's too soon for feedback. I still have something to say about it. Then I got some questions. Then I have something to report.
1_ About the length of the episode, I would say that both Radar and James/Micky are right. In terms of sheer amount of level, the episode does seem shorter indeed. However in terms of time expendure the episode feels longer than Ep2. I don't know if it's as long in reality but for me it "felt" a bit longer than Ep2. It's especially because of the very nature of the levels being VERY open and non-linear in the vast majority.
Somehow for my first playthrough I had the fortune of taking good characters and taking the best routes blindly. Taking Rusty for Egypt was a VERY good idea for a discovery and I somehow took a relatively optimal route without noticing. Also I played directly on Expert without noticing either and it was okay I didn't struggle much, especially when it doesn't fucking lagg god damn it >_<About the feedback, I have done A LOT already but Ep3 exclusive won't start until I found all weapons and played the episode a second or third time.

2_ Questions. It's mostly about the specialty weapons. I'm missing quite a bunch of them and I would like clues. Mainly what is the level in which we can find them. _James' rocket launcher and last 8th weapon. _Sang's 8th weapon. _Geoffrey's 4th and 8th weapon. Mikko's 3rd weapon. _Finally Micky's 2nd and 0th weapon.
It's a lot to ask I'm sorry ^^;
Last question : I remember in Ep2, when using Ep3's filter we could see a level on Ractonia called "Corrupted Mines". Has it been removed/canceled ? If yes then Why ?

3_ The Golden Weapon's glowing effect, whenever you dual wield them, applies only on the right one, not on the left one.
_In the upgrade screen for Rusty, his Auto Shotgun doesn't appear in the screen for the mag upgrade.
_(already reported) Accuracy upgrade for Micky's assault rifle shows the explosive shotgun sprite instead.
_It's a bit odd but I have the feeling that, ever since I played the Egypt levels with Rusty and finding the "flappers", he was permanently able to swim fast underwater, however starting a new episode undid the trick.
_I have played ALL EDF Missions and only "Dark Gate" doesn't show completed and with no medals. I will have to play them on Armagedon to see if there is a glitch like EDF Bureau which used not to be willing to give you more than Expert medals.
_When having both filter of Ep1 and 2 activated in the Abyss Dimension, you can still see the "Stygian Memorial" but it doesn't do anything.
_(I believe it's already reported) In Egypt you can find a second pair of bracelets which helps you move walls and give infinite stamina. Picking it up completey deletes them and you're pretty much screwed.
_(anecdotic) Once you have completed "Gorillas in the Jungle", you permanently have the Firewall Removal Chip with you in the inventory.

This post has been edited by TheDragonLiner: 13 March 2019 - 12:21 AM

User is offline   Jblade 

I wish you guys would not just look through the code and art tiles to find stuff - there's content there I haven't added in yet so asking me about it is kinda unfair. There are weapons dotted throughout Egypt, I would recommend replaying the Water ways when you have the other 3 artifacts since there's plenty of secrets there that you need them for.

User is offline   John Brown 

^When I finally get to Ep 3, I promise you I will try to find things the hard way. (as of now, I have work and I left off in the middle of Zeta Base, which seems a little larger than I remember, and I have 16 out of I'm guessing 21 secrets spread across its three maps... unless there are more?)

User is offline   Forge 

• Speaker of the Outhouse

View PostJblade, on 13 March 2019 - 12:26 AM, said:

I wish you guys would not just look through the code and art tiles to find stuff - there's content there I haven't added in yet so asking me about it is kinda unfair.

Asking them to stop posting about things they find "wrong", or need "fixing", is unfair. Even if they have to excavate to uncover buried treasure.
Take that away and they wouldn't post anything at all.

A bit off-topic, I have a few more things to report.
1_ It seems that the glitch with Snowfall's energy shield being transferable to other characters can be reproduced with ANY character to whom you have assigned the energy shield equipment. I played an EDF Mission with one and when I went to change character my new character got the shield even though I hadn't assigned it.
2_ Attached Image: duke0000.png It's the accuracy upgrade which does that. I didn't think the problem I reported back then actually applied in-game as well O_o
3_ Reloading James's Golden Shotgun shows a charging handle which isn't there when idle.

Also I'm having a hard time finishing "CyberDuke" (I forgot about it when I said had played all EDF missions), I can't find a single keycard o_O

EDIT : Another bug I just saw. With Snowfall, when you're using his 0th gun's alt-fire. If the weapon runs out of ammo while in turret state, it will permanently remain that way, impossible to pick it back up. I'm guessing finding new ammo can make it pickable again.

This post has been edited by TheDragonLiner: 13 March 2019 - 09:45 AM

For some reason, finishing Dark Gate and 2bizarre one after the other only gives you credit for finishing 2bizarre (the nuke symbol on Dark Gate sent me straight to 2bizarre, rather than back to HQ). Strange stuff.

Also, the Lost Highway level with the dam is just.....I have no idea where the yellow key card is. (Epic choice of music, though)

User is offline   Jblade 

There's a crashed train in a pool of water up the top of the level - you can swim inside it and find the yellow key.

I've been having a lot of crashing in Zeta Base, when I have not had it before. When checking any of the security camera screens (mostly the ones that just say EVACUATE or show a picture of one of the aliens, but also the ones that show doors too), I get a crash to desktop. I'd say about 2/3 of the time it happens, pretty reliably. To be fair though, I just click on EDuke32_64bit.exe and reload a save and I'm right back in the game, so it's more of a nuisance (though I can see other people getting really frustrated by it). I do not remember having this issue in the previous build I played (Episode 2, with the v2.0.1 patch and the Megabase medical research patch), only the current build. And just in case, I did indeed uninstall Megaton Edition.

In addition, a minor bug was that any time I returned to Zeta Base Lower after visiting Upper or Bio-Labs, all the sound is permanently lower pitched, as if wearing the enviro suit. I even went back to the beginning and put the suit on and off again, sound stayed like that (but only in Lower; the other two maps had correct sound).

I don't know if it matters or helps to try to reproduce it but I was playing as Geoffry, with all his default weapons (though fully upgraded at DeeperThought's desk in the base), and the special equipment I took into the level were the spirit shawl and some torpedoes for the dart gun, I don't remember bringing anything else.

...also I just want to share/brag, I found what I hope is all the secrets in Zeta Base. Took me two days.

Attached thumbnail(s)

• Attached Image: duke0292.png

User is offline   Jblade 

There's a crashing bug with security cameras; I'm probably just going to have to make my own version of them - I'll look into the lower sound pitch problem as well.

View PostJblade, on 13 March 2019 - 01:06 PM, said:

There's a crashed train in a pool of water up the top of the level - you can swim inside it and find the yellow key.

Thanks for the tip :)

Fun fact: first time I tried that set of levels, I played as Rusty, turned the music off in the first level and blared Alice Cooper's "Man with the Golden Gun"....guess which of Rusty's revolvers I was packing for that particular playthrough :D

I'm guessing it was Golden Revolvers.

I forgot to say it but Thanks James for the fact there's a weapon in Deep Water ways. Though I had to find FIFTEEN secrets in order to find it Posted Image I'm hoping there's no weapon in Micky Begins because it's one hell of a tough ride finding those compared to Ep2.
In Ep2 I had found all but 1. Now I had missed 8 T_T

Also I think I will start writing feedback when I will have finished my current playthrough and done more Armagedon EDF Missions ...

This post has been edited by TheDragonLiner: 14 March 2019 - 07:19 AM

If at all possible, for future releases, could there be hint files for some of the EDF missions? It took me entirely too long to find the yellow key in Daikarin.......

User is offline   Ninety-Six 

Wasn't Daikarin a campaign...?

User is offline   Danukem 

• Duke Plus Developer

View PostNinety-Six, on 14 March 2019 - 05:26 PM, said:

Wasn't Daikarin a campaign...?

AMC has assimilated pretty much the entire Build universe. It's like the Borg of TCs :)

EDIT: I don't actually know if the Daikarin maps are included with the TC but from I remember they would fit in very well with some gameplay changes.

This post has been edited by Trooper Dan: 14 March 2019 - 06:17 PM

A lot of the EDF missions do consist of multiple maps/levels (I'm not as familiar with Duke usermaps outside of this mod and a few others so I am bad with their names). One concrete example I remember for sure is the Red series, which I believe was five maps, all included in AMC (or at least the version I first played in 2016).

Also, unrelated to that, I am having a nasty bug, whenever I try to use the scope on Mikko's sniper rifle, I get this error and have to kill EDuke32 via task manager.

"Line 362, divrd: divide by zero!"

EDIT: It's also crashing when I try to use the other sniper rifle too, the one in the temp weapon slot (in the "In case of hostage emergency, break glass" case).

EDIT again: I was playing on the Arsia Mons level, I should say. It started happening in the subway and broadcasting station. I have continued to the Cohagen mines, and it is still happening there with the scoped rifle you can find on the ground in the opening area. I was not getting crashes with Mikko's battle rifle (with its zooming in aiming mode), if that helps.

Attached thumbnail(s)

• Attached Image: amc mikko rifle error.jpg

This post has been edited by John Brown: 14 March 2019 - 08:20 PM

User is offline   Jblade 

I've fixed that bug, just avoid using scopes for now.

View PostTrooper Dan, on 14 March 2019 - 06:15 PM, said:

AMC has assimilated pretty much the entire Build universe. It's like the Borg of TCs :)

EDIT: I don't actually know if the Daikarin maps are included with the TC but from I remember they would fit in very well with some gameplay changes.

The Daikarin maps are included, as are the ones from The Final Confrontation and The Lost Highway. Fun stuff!

View PostJblade, on 14 March 2019 - 10:47 PM, said:

I was going to mention the Divide By Zero error myself; it happened on one playthrough of "Xyglop Assault" when I was trying to use James' crossbow to take out a Pitfiend and I decided to go for a scoped shot. (apologies if I misspelled the planet name....I temporarily forgot if it was Xyglop or Xuglop)

Also, tried to play Ice Station Colossus as Merljin and the level crashed as I made my way towards the base---just kicked me out of the game back to the desktop. I reloaded the save, tried again...exact same thing. This is the only level in which I can't make any progress past the first few seconds, due to that issue.

This post has been edited by Major Tom: 15 March 2019 - 05:58 AM

View PostJblade, on 14 March 2019 - 10:47 PM, said:

Awesome. And yeah, nothing says "We're rescued" to the hostages like some resurrected cyborg cult leader/CEO running around no-scoping Paradigm soldiers with what is now a bolt-action infantry rifle.

Finished Episode 3 main missions except for Zaxtor's "The Jungle Pyramid" mission (on which I got stuck).

Spoiler

Overall, really great work, I really enjoyed the episode, but Cairo could have been pared down to improve pacing.
More detailed review under the spoiler.

Spoiler

For Zaxtor's bit on the picture you showed. Here's what I did, which worked >> Left when you enter is 3-2 then on the other side 2-3.

In case I explained wrong here's a homemade schematic which could help you (numbers are buttons in reading order when you face them)>> Attached Image: Sans titre.png
If it doesn't work try doing the oposite (still 3-2 and 2-3) because in Zaxtor's video from long ago it was the opposite which worked somehow O_o

On my end I need help too. Can somebody give me a clue on where is the secret in the Library of Micky's University ? I'm still missing 5 weapons and I'm just getting desparate T_T

This post has been edited by TheDragonLiner: 15 March 2019 - 11:15 AM

User is offline   Micky C 

• Honored Donor

View PostRadar, on 07 March 2019 - 05:15 AM, said:

A friend of mine wants to play this on Mac. What does he need for that? I'm assuming just a Mac version of the EDuke32 build? Is there a place that can be downloaded?

Sorry for the late reply. Try this zip with an eduke32 for Mac, and some instructions: https://www.mediafir...TC_mac.zip/file

Note, I'm providing this zip as-is. I haven't tested it on Episode 3, and I can't really provide any support for it as I don't fully understand how it works.

Hopefully once Ion Maiden comes out, the eduke32 Dev team will figure out how to get content running easily and smoothly on MacOS out of the box.

Share this topic:

• 18 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options