Duke4.net Forums: AMC TC Episode Three released - Duke4.net Forums

• 18 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

AMC TC Episode Three released  "Grab it here!"

User is offline   John Brown 

Oh mostly-dang. I have just played through the X64-2 level, as Snowfall. That was huge for an opening level. I am not too familiar with Duke usermaps, I know the name X64-2 but I don't fully grasp its significance (I did play Imperium though, wasn't that one set on the same planet?). Getting to use the alien VTOL ship again was nice. The only thing that bugged me was it was a bit hard to see the tiny tiny elevators on that central tower, but I got through it all. And I like that you can actually see the RPA orbiting in the sky in the first half. As far as BIG EPIC SEQUEL starts... Ep 3 is delivering for me, for sure.

User is offline   Micky C 

• Honored Donor

That's what we aimed for! Good to know we hit the mark.

I wasn't around at the time, but the original X64-2 was (I gather) a ground-breaking map by Maarten van Oostrum in 2003 https://msdn.duke4.net/hotxen.php. Not sure that its impressiveness has aged all that well though.

He also released a similarly-themed map more recently, although it's not explicitly stated whether it takes place on X64-2 https://msdn.duke4.net/hottup.php.

As you say, you definitely visit the planet in the Imperium episode. Episode 3 makes the episode cannon overall, plus or minus some irrelevant minor story elements. The tower you see in the distance in our X64-2 is the same type of tower as that seen in Imperium.

Posted Image

I remember the first X64-2 which Micky mentions was present in the old Episode 1 release as part of the Usermap Collection. Then in Episode 2 the same map was present but only in the Usermap menu. Needless to say it's vastly different ^^
BTW I'm almost done with the EDF missions on Armagedon, 4 missions remaining. For the time being the only problems are "Dark Gate" not showing up completed, and "Jurassic Park" giving you medals up to Pro but not Armagedon.

Don't want to sound like a broken record which doesn't spin right round but, still waiting for that Micky University Library secret T_T

• Honored Donor

Spoiler

User is offline   Sanek 

Is there anybody who played the game on 32-bit systems?
I can't play it, since fps just drops everywhere outside the menu. :)

Micky. Found it thanks ! Though I wish I had found one of your new guns T_T

Sanek. I play it on a 32bit system and it works more or less depending on the area >_> For instance I run Geoffrey's mission very well ! But I run that Egyptian village area in "The Santurary" like shit (same with the Oil Rig when under the platform. Metropolitan Starlight and Micky Begins are problematic in certain areas too.
The only thing I can do is dropping my resolution to 720 in order to the lag to become manageable (or absent) but that Egyptian village just won't cut me the slack >_<

One day I'll have to do some research and come up with a "must play" list of classic Duke maps and mods so I can understand all these references (for maps, I have played a few one-off's, like Spacetronic, but not a lot of them; mods include this one, DNF 2013, Duke Plus, Imagination World, and of course Alien Armageddon).

Also as much as I want to take the AMC team to the most Serious country that ever existed, Egypt, I decided I had to replay X64-2. Mostly to use the MIA gun on all those foul xenos to get some research projects, but partly because I wanted to talk to that one ghost with Rusty, and partly because I wanted to use the single most appropriate weapon for the level:

Attached thumbnail(s)

• Attached Image: duke0038.png

Some things to say.
1_ I've played ALL EDF Missions on Armaggedon and for the last time, the only 2 problems are Dark Gate and Jurrassic Park (respectively not-completed and Pro medals not Arma).
2_ I'm at the last boss and I noticed something, probably a glitch. Snowfall's Laser Pistol > when dual wielded it looks like only the right one is capable of harming armor and superatural enemies. The right one doesn't harm them. Typically using them on robots or spirits makes you waste half the shots ...
3_ I still haven't found those 5 guns, and yet I found all the secrets (except one in the last level). I'm starting to wonder if they're in the 3rd episode actually >_>
4_ Of all the new researches that are implemented in the game, I seem to miss only 2. One is the Cryo-Slugs for the GP-30 and the other one I won't tell. It's Personel 23.

I think I'll take one final sweep at Ep3 before starting to write my feedback, not only because of #3 but also because I've had a happier time thanks to lowering the resolution as places, and somehow it lagged less in overall ...
About the patch which James just released as a beta as I'm writing this, I prefere waiting for the official release before touching it ^^

I pretty much spent all day yesterday on the Egypt levels. Their size... pretty huge, maybe too big, they're like Serious Sam levels but with a fraction of the enemies, but I did appreciate the visual splendor and they were still fun. I did like going back to areas with new artifacts to explore more. The boss was epic, too. The only glitches I have to report have already been said (the one push block leading to a secret with a nuke in Deep Waterway, the second gold bracers). Also the framerate for me completely took a dump in the one village area in the Sanctuary, it was still playable but only just barely. Also, I didn't have the feather yet, and I thought I was trapped in this part as the one underwater tunnel leading to the start, I could not figure out how to open it. The pillars in the scarab room, the distance seemed too far to sprint jump with the jumping sandals. BUT, I did have a blood potion (Sang's steroids), so I was able to jump the gaps with that (and even get a secret before the steroid timer ran out, woo). Now I know to get the feather first before secret-hunting.

So even with issues, I did enjoy the Serious trip to Egypt.

...and I did the level right after that (which I will not spoil), that was great stuff. I am bummed for missing the one secret (I know where it is, just not how to get in there) only because I don't see that level on the mission select (I'm assuming I'd have to play all the Egypt levels again to get there?). Huge story dump was awesome, and I am now in a new hub and have to explore all around all over again. I am so willing to do that.

Possible bug: The PDU messages during that mission, when you have to do something to the reactor, keep ending with "take a leap of faith" which doesn't seem to fit the context of that mission.

Also, I am keeping a text file of secrets as I go (since the numbers can get confusing in multi-map missions, such as Egypt and Zeta Base). I believe I got all of them in Egypt, which makes me happy:

Attached thumbnail(s)

• Attached Image: duke0068.png
  • Attached Image: duke0093.png

User is online   Jblade 

Nice work on the secrets :) Once you're familiar with the Egypt hub it is easier to replay since you can kind of plan out a 100% route ahead of time.

I just finished Micky Begins, I did not expect that one to take so long. That was another framerate killer, but lots of eye candy and one of the better libraries I've seen in a game. Now I have a secret question, for the levels where there are multiple maps, I've seen at least one other post about it, how the secret count looks like it's wrong (eg: 3 out of 2), and to me it looks like the second number is just the max secrets for that particular map, while the other is the player's running total. While I was doing Micky Begins, I found one secret in "Main Area Assault", so now it said "ALL SECRETS FOUND", and that message stayed the same when I went into Library. The nitpicker in me now thinks that Libarary has one secret also, but instead of showing 1/1, it said I had them all, while truly having them all would be 2/1. Am I just overthinking this?

Also I did get a few bugs where I would fall through floors and warp to another part of the level (eg. fell through a floor in Library and ended back in Main Area Assault), but I couldn't repeat these; it happened at least twice, but I reloaded saves and tried to fall through the same spots, and could not reproduce them. I did get another bug where the ending cutscene wouldn't trigger and I was stuck behind the green wall with the EDF guys, but noclipped into the green wall and then the level ended normally.

Attached thumbnail(s)

• Attached Image: duke0045.png

User is online   Jblade 

I do need to sort out the secret count since they're broken on hub maps - I'll fix the last issue as well :)

All right, I don't want to post every time I beat a level, but I did just beat Geoffrey's level and... wow. I felt like that level belonged in Saints Row or something (I mean that in the best way).

Also, maybe a (very very minor) bug, but so far I've unlocked two new "temporary" weapons I can equip in the loadout menu, the Doom 3 Gatling gun (which I picked up in Far Mountain Reaches to be truthful) and the Shadow Warrior Classic railgun ("Now with working scope" indeed, my dreams ahve come true). Neither of them appear on the shelf in the AMC base armory (either version of it), but they are still selectable in the menu so I am not worried.

EDIT: I should point out, when I played that level, the scoped weapons worked just fine, no divide by zero error this time. Weird.

This post has been edited by John Brown: 17 March 2019 - 05:00 PM

I'm sorry to ask this but I really can't find those 5 weapons Posted Image Either I'm as blind as a dead mole or I'm just unlucky ... The precognition brain doesn't help either.

Can somebody tell in What levels do you find James' rocket launcher and Geoffrey + Micky's 2 new guns please ? Not where to look for, just the levels, no need to spoil ^^

User is online   Jblade 

You need the patch I posted in the other thread, I don't think I've added in all the new weapons I coded in et.

View PostJblade, on 18 March 2019 - 11:41 AM, said:

You need the patch I posted in the other thread, I don't think I've added in all the new weapons I coded in et.

Oh okay ... I'm feeling extremely silly now ... sorry again. I wanted to wait since it's a beta but I guess I'll do it either way. Thanks still !

EDIT : Actually how do you download it ? It keeps putting me on a content page but I can't download anything that isn't an html page O_o

This post has been edited by TheDragonLiner: 18 March 2019 - 12:10 PM

Ice Station Colossus works now, instead of kicking me to the desktop every time I approach the actual ice station. I still love playing through it as Merlijn and getting his Slot 0 weapon, which a damn-near perfect expy of the Dragon Slayer from Berserk.

All right... I finished Zaxtor's level. 2/6 secrets but that's two more than I was expecting. I will be honest, I did not enjoy the level, outside of a couple areas. I did like the white wireframe box crusher things, those were a cool touch, and I actually enjoyed the boss fight (Zaxtor's plasma launcher is so good). Other than that, I'm glad it's over; I didn't give up, I beat it, but it's finally over.

Also the Merlijn level was pretty nice, and I don't want to spoil it, but I forgot to say what I liked most about Micky Begins... the best part was the beginning, the "surprise".
Spoiler

Also, TheDragonLiner I see you have all the secrets (but one), congrats on that. Have you considered making a guide? I would love to contribute to that.

• Honored Donor

Zaxtor's levels are an acquired taste for a select group of individuals, that's for sure.

I was going to suggest that everyone should feel free to add content such as secrets and weapon location to the AMC Wiki (https://amctc.fandom...iki/AMC_TC_Wiki), however it looks like the levels/locations section is missing?

Regarding the surprise in Micky Begins,

Spoiler

View PostJohn Brown, on 18 March 2019 - 07:11 PM, said:

Also, TheDragonLiner I see you have all the secrets (but one), congrats on that. Have you considered making a guide? I would love to contribute to that.

Well to be honest I found those secrets because I remembered them from Zaxtor's video which he posted a year or two ago and which I had watched 4 times because of my hype ^^
If you can't be arsed watching the video I will try to explain to you what I found from the video in spoiler.

Spoiler

I'm affraid I don't know where the 6th secret is ^^ Also there are some hidden stuff that aren't flagged as secrets. Example, after the precarious jumping on grey tiles, in the small corridor with the green tiles and a Satyr. On the right when you go back up after the Satyr you can destroy the floor against the wall but it's not a secret somehow ...

This post has been edited by TheDragonLiner: 19 March 2019 - 01:23 AM

Oh, I thought you meant all the secrets in the whole episode, but that's awesome too.

One day I will try a fresh install of the mod, and catalogue where all the hidden weapons are, but that'll have to wait for another time. I could also try the research projects too, but that would be even crazier as it involves MIA-ing enemies. One day though.

View PostJohn Brown, on 19 March 2019 - 05:21 AM, said:

Oh, I thought you meant all the secrets in the whole episode, but that's awesome too.

One day I will try a fresh install of the mod, and catalogue where all the hidden weapons are, but that'll have to wait for another time. I could also try the research projects too, but that would be even crazier as it involves MIA-ing enemies. One day though.

Oh sorry ^^
Well I did find all the secrets of the episode except for 1 in Zaxtor's level and 1 in Snowfall's last level, however I found quite a bunch of them through clipping in hopes of finding the weapons ^^Example I found 10 secrets in Egypt on my own, but I had to clip in order to find the one with James's weapon.

For the research I have EVERYTHING except for 2 researches >> Cryo Shells and Personel 23. Indeed 85% of the research are found with the MIA Gun. You can ask anytime but it is possible I frogot some of them =)There are other researches that I don't have but they are either not implemented or simply non-existant.

This post has been edited by TheDragonLiner: 19 March 2019 - 07:59 AM

Hmm, I see there is a new guest in the AMC HQ.

Attached thumbnail(s)

• Attached Image: duke0131.png
  • Attached Image: duke0132.png

User is online   Jblade 

yeah that's been fixed :)

I should point out I'm not playing with the patch out of paranoia of somehow screwing up my save. As of now, I only have the Neutrino and Xuglop missions left (and possibly whatever comes after those).

User is online   Jblade 

that's fine - there IS an issue with some pitfiends in Xuglop Assault that can't be hit since I forgot to put a cstat on them. They do make a certain area more of a pain, but just ignore them as best as you can.

I forgot to mention last time, I did have a small issue with Pipe Dream. On the world map, when selecting that level, it shows me as having already completed it on Expert, though I have never played that map before. On this save file, I'm playing on normal difficulty, and since I carried over data from previous versions, I think this may be because I have completed all the EDF missions on expert difficulty (as of Episode 2, with v2.0.1 and Megabase medical kit fix both installed). I know I have beaten E1 and E2's story + optional missions on Professional (but not EDF). Since Pipe Dream is showing up here with three medals, I thought I'd mention this.

(less relevant but Pipe Dream was a pretty nice level, something different)

Attached thumbnail(s)

• Attached Image: duke0124.png

User is online   Jblade 

I'll take a look, I probably just forgot to change some numbers on that level's pic.

User is online   zykov eddy 

The game lags like crazy in classic mode on my system, but on polymost it's fine. So, to get rid of most visual glitches, I went to polymost setting and turned off true color textures. Then I went to AMCDISP.CON and removed the "ifg rendmode" line. Now I can finally play the game.

Edit: crap, fog doesn't work in polymost. Switching to polymer. So far so good, no lags at all.

Edit 2: crap, voxels don't work in polymer. Also, lags came back...

This post has been edited by zykov eddy: 21 March 2019 - 11:20 AM

User is offline   Sangman 

I wish I could say I'm surprised that the mod stops functioning properly when you decide to remove code :lol:

What are your system specs though?

Share this topic:

• 18 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options