Duke4.net Forums: CON coding problems. - Duke4.net Forums

• 17 Pages +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

CON coding problems.  "Improvements and progress."

User is offline   F!re-Fly 

I have created several new floors and there is only one that kills the player or / is the enemies. On top of that, I paid a lot of tribute to the beta version. However, there are two small things that I have failed to do correctly.

1. Automatically activate boots for these new floors.

2. In the "EVENT_USESTEROIDS" event, activate one of the two quotes at random once (quote 12 and quote 325).

gamevar BOOTAMOUNT 0 1
gamevar FLOORTEMP 0 2
gamevar FLOORTEMP2 0 2
gamevar GETTEMP4 0 2
gamevar GETTEMP5 0 2
gamevar x 0 2
gamevar y 0 2
gamevar z 0 2

state getfloordist
  getactor[THISACTOR].x x
  getactor[THISACTOR].y y
  updatesector x y GETTEMP4 // you should not trust [THISACTOR].Sectnum
  ifvarn GETTEMP4 -1
  getflorzofslope GETTEMP4 x y z
  getactor[THISACTOR].z GETTEMP5
  subvarvar z GETTEMP5
  shiftvarr z 8
  subvar z 1
ends

state bluefloordead // new deadly floor
  state getfloordist
  ifvarl z 5
  {
    ifdead break
    else
    {
      ifvarg player[THISACTOR].boot_amount 0 break
      setvar BOOTAMOUNT 200
      getsector[THISACTOR].floorpicnum FLOORTEMP
      ifvare FLOORTEMP BLUEFLOORDEAD
      {
        setactor[THISACTOR].htextra FLOORTEMP
        getactor[THISACTOR].extra FLOORTEMP2
        sound DUKE_DEAD
        sound TELEPORTERLIZ64
        espawn SPARKLE_LIGHT
        setactor[RETURN].xrepeat 60
        setactor[RETURN].yrepeat 60
      }
    }
  }
ends

onevent EVENT_USESTEROIDS
  ifvarg player[THISACTOR].steroids_amount 0
    setvar STERAMOUNT 400
  ifvarg player[THISACTOR].steroids_amount 0
  {
    setvar STEROIDSTEMP 1
    quote 12
      ifrnd 64
        quote 235
    setvar STEROIDSTEMP 0
  }
endevent

I don't know if it can help, but among all his features Naferia's Reign: Invasion Of The Dark Mistress mod have also various custom floors with different damaging effects, you may found something to understand which parameters change.

View PostFantinaikos, on 19 April 2020 - 05:12 PM, said:

I don't know if it can help, but among all his features Naferia's Reign: Invasion Of The Dark Mistress mod have also various custom floors with different damaging effects, you may found something to understand which parameters change.

Thank you very much ! The only thing I wanted to do was activate the protection boots.

Trooper Dan! Are there deadly new floors in the Alien Armageddon project?

I could surely rely on the script which is very simple.

Old first idea fixed !

HIP HIP HIP HURRRRAH !!!!!! ;)

Two settings are missing for all these new cards:

1. fast handholding animation (identical to the original game). The current animation is slow and I have not found the means to increase the speed of display on the screen.

2. During this animation, make sure that the player remains blocked on the spot (impossible movements, a bit as if he were frozen).

This post has been edited by F!re-Fly: 26 April 2020 - 09:59 PM

Conclusion: if you have time to help me correct the four little problems on this 17th page and this thread, I would be really happy.

And if you also tell me that you did not have time, I would also be very happy. What this means is that I'm still on the right path to progress with the wiki.

COME GET SOME!!! ;)

This post has been edited by F!re-Fly: 28 April 2020 - 05:48 AM

Mod progress, still OK!

Problems mentioned still not fixed.

Hello guys! I still have a few details to work out and I still need help fixing everything. I will wait patiently for your return. In the meantime, I took a well-deserved break.

;)

I did not manage to correctly define the fast animation of the new access cards, as well as the blocking of the player during the animation sequence.

Can the "weapon_pos" command be at the origin?

New item inventory added:

Space suit / body suit
+ toolbox and jumpboot for the Nuclear Showdown mod. Good ideas recovered!

The hud is progress.

Slow progress, but surely!

I added the babes code to saved, thanks to the examples already present on the forum. It only remains to find a way to increment the variable "babes_left" on the bonus screen.

I also have some difficulties in the hud at the moment.

Hello!

Are there still active people on the forum? I'm in a bind to finally finish the mode.

User is offline   jimbob 

i have a problem regarding a weapon sound.
i need my flamethrower to have an idle sound, and a continuous firing sound, right now every shot it restarts the sound wich sounds awefull, setting it to loop using the loop bit in user.con makes it loop indefinetly, even when deselecting the weapon.
is there a workaround to this?

code in the weapons.con
gamevar WEAPON6_INITIALSOUND FTIDLE
gamevar WEAPON6_FIRESOUND FTFIRE

code in user.con
definesound FTIDLE		FTidle.wav	  0     0    254  0   0
definesound FTFIRE		FTFire.wav	  0     0    254  0   0

View Postjimbob, on 13 December 2020 - 05:33 AM, said:

i have a problem regarding a weapon sound.
i need my flamethrower to have an idle sound, and a continuous firing sound, right now every shot it restarts the sound wich sounds awefull, setting it to loop using the loop bit in user.con makes it loop indefinetly, even when deselecting the weapon.
is there a workaround to this?

code in the weapons.con
gamevar WEAPON6_INITIALSOUND FTIDLE
gamevar WEAPON6_FIRESOUND FTFIRE

code in user.con
definesound FTIDLE		FTidle.wav	  0     0    254  0   0
definesound FTFIRE		FTFire.wav	  0     0    254  0   0

Hi ! Unfortunately, I haven't done any coding for the weapons yet. I don't know how to do it.

Hi all.

Are there still people on the forum for further help? I am stuck for certain things.

User is offline   Danukem 

• Duke Plus Developer

CON Scripting tiers:

S Tier
Has at least a working understanding of the source code and has mastered the scripting language and knows the quirks of the game engine. Can script just about anything that is possible to script, and knows how to do so efficiently.

A Tier
Can script just about anything that is possible to script, but does require at least minimal documentation of features first. Knows game engine quirks, too. Pretty much the same as S tier minus the source code knowledge.

B Tier
Has solid scripting/programming skills, but is lacking some knowledge of game engine quirks and/or experience with the scripting language. Will figure things out pretty quickly with a little help and documentation.

C Tier
Has limited programming skills and little to no knowledge of the scripting language, but typically has a good working knowledge of the game (from being a player and mapper). Needs to look at examples and/or explicit documentation to learn how to script specific things, but does understand basic programming concepts and with time will expand their abilities and learn how to code novel content.

D Tier
Lacks programming skills and lacks understanding of basic programming concepts. However, is good enough at following directions and at copy/pasting that they can often cobble together working code. Does not have the ability to fix code when it is broken, since they don't know how it works.

F tier
Similar to D Tier except doesn't have the ability to follow directions.

It's a waste of time to try to help anyone who is below C tier. Those people need to learn some programming first.

View PostDanukem, on 20 June 2021 - 02:00 PM, said:

CON Scripting tiers:

S Tier
Has at least a working understanding of the source code and has mastered the scripting language and knows the quirks of the game engine. Can script just about anything that is possible to script, and knows how to do so efficiently.

A Tier
Can script just about anything that is possible to script, but does require at least minimal documentation of features first. Knows game engine quirks, too. Pretty much the same as S tier minus the source code knowledge.

B Tier
Has solid scripting/programming skills, but is lacking some knowledge of game engine quirks and/or experience with the scripting language. Will figure things out pretty quickly with a little help and documentation.

C Tier
Has limited programming skills and little to no knowledge of the scripting language, but typically has a good working knowledge of the game (from being a player and mapper). Needs to look at examples and/or explicit documentation to learn how to script specific things, but does understand basic programming concepts and with time will expand their abilities and learn how to code novel content.

D Tier
Lacks programming skills and lacks understanding of basic programming concepts. However, is good enough at following directions and at copy/pasting that they can often cobble together working code. Does not have the ability to fix code when it is broken, since they don't know how it works.

F tier
Similar to D Tier except doesn't have the ability to follow directions.

It's a waste of time to try to help anyone who is below C tier. Those people need to learn some programming first.

Hi Dan.

Even if it is absolutely not visible, I make an effort to understand the C-F levels. However, much of my coding is working fine. It's just that by copying script for multiple functions, just making correlations doesn't work or just a little.

You say it's a waste of time but at the same time it was beneficial to me all the same.

After several tries, I was able to obtain a suitable code for ACTORPLATE. This code is supposed to be activated only for enemies but I still don't know how to properly use the "for" command.

ACTORPLATE will only be used to open doors.

the line "getactor [spriteid] .picnum picnum" concerns all the sprites in connection with the command "whilevarn" and by using the picnum "APLAYER" followed by the gamevar RETURN, the player will not be able to activate the sprite.

Only problem, I would really like it to be an enemy that activates the sprite while walking in its sector, followed by a value to add in yvel for example.

state activactorplate
  ifvarn activactor_plate 0
  { operatemasterswitches activactor_plate
    operaterespawns activactor_plate
    operateactivators activactor_plate 0
  }
  setvar activactor_plate 0
ends

onevent EVENT_GAME
  { switch sprite[THISACTOR].picnum

case ACTORPLATE
    ifvare lotag 777
    {
      headspritesect spriteid activactor_plate_sector
      whilevarn spriteid -1
      {
        getactor[spriteid].picnum picnum
        setvar dp_temp 0

ifvare picnum APLAYER
        { set RETURN -1 }

else setvar dp_temp 1
        ifvare dp_temp 1
        {
          getactor[spriteid].z mz
          ifvarvarg mz initz
          {
            ifvare dp_temp 1
            { state activactorplate }
          }
        }
        nextspritesect spriteid spriteid
      }
    }
    break
    endswitch
endevent

eventloadactor ACTORPLATE
  getactor[THISACTOR].lotag lotag
  setactor[THISACTOR].lotag 0
  getactor[THISACTOR].yvel activactor_plate
  getactor[THISACTOR].sectnum activactor_plate_sector
  getactor[THISACTOR].z initz
  setactor[THISACTOR].cstat 32768
enda

Share this topic:

• 17 Pages +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options