Duke4.net Forums: [RELEASE] EDuke32 Addon Compilation - Duke4.net Forums

• 49 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

[RELEASE] EDuke32 Addon Compilation  "Version 3.13 released on December 6, 2016!"

User is offline   NightFright 

• The Truth is in here

"The Army of Death" has been updated to add missing sounds (yay, finally something that was my mistake, EDuke32 is not to blame for this).

Update now:
1) Get the new base pack (12 MB)
2) Download updated "armydeath.grp" from the repository

This post has been edited by NightFright: 01 March 2021 - 06:11 AM

User is offline   ETPC 

i'm trying to test DukeVR but, honestly, some of these puzzles are baffling me. specifically green 4 and red 2. i can't find solutions for either on youtube. i *think* i understand what it wants me to do, but the second shrinker part in green four and the entire puzzle in red 2 are just, i'm not sure *how* to do it and i'm not sure if it might be a physics thing?

This post has been edited by ETPC: 01 March 2021 - 11:25 AM

• The Truth is in here

I think it's safe to say DukeVR works, no matter what. These maps are so bare-bone in their structure, it's impossible to screw them up with any port update. Killing mobs is sometimes tricky, if not impossible.

User is offline   ETPC 

ok, i'll skip it for now then. gonna *try* to play through oblivion

• The Truth is in here

Good luck. I never got past the start room of the first map. Sure, Oblivion is Zaxtor's masterpiece (RIP), but his "cryptic" level design has never been my cup of tea. The scope of the entire project is still extremely impressive due to its sheer magnitude.

Tbh I would be VERY surprised if you make it through all the episodes. I mean, even if all maps still work with latest EDuke32 snapshots, which is highly unlikely, you will probably still not make it due to the complexity and weirdness that came straight out of Zaxtor's twisted synapses. Hard to tell at times whether a map is glitched or it is working as intended.

This post has been edited by NightFright: 01 March 2021 - 01:41 PM

User is offline   Ax 34noff 

Layre: i stuck at E1L1. I found 5 of 6 secrets but still stuck. The map itself looks raw and unfinished, i don't even know if it's beatable.

This post has been edited by Ax 34noff: 19 March 2021 - 11:09 AM

Merc 2 - just minor glitches.

Savior of Alien Era, second map, can't climb up here:

Attached thumbnail(s)

• Attached Image: Screenshot_20210323_011408.png

This post has been edited by Ax 34noff: 22 March 2021 - 02:24 PM

User is offline   jimbob 

290 enemies? man, i need to step up my game :eek: :blink:

The Final Confrontation - beatable, playable, no glitches found.

In Savior of Alien Era that was my fault, i forgot to press button. Playtesting continues...

Savior of Alien Era:
Maps 1-5 - playable, beatable. Map 6 - unsure. Also there are many ways to softlock in maps 5 and 6, some of them can be bugs of EDuke32, some - bugs of the maps. Maybe i can't beat map 6 because i'm already softlocked?...

Don't know if you plan to make the addon compilation Raze compatible, but I've tried to run the .grps file included in the mega folder (so the updated versions i guess) and these are the working addons:

25th Century Duke
Acropolis
Age of Evil
Alien vs Predator (some troubles with music, plays the previous track you've listened)
American Assault
Critical Mass
Dukeland
Duke Tournament
FM4X
God of War
JJ Duke Nukem 3D
Layre
Lost Highway
Merc: Fatal Reality
Quest for Hussein
The Christmas Project
The Chronic
The Lost Duke Episodes
Total Meltdown Remake (Plug and Pray episode crashes when you start it)
Xarthec Invasion

P.S: I don't know if the truly work, I've not played them with Raze, just ran them to see if the crash at start

This post has been edited by Blood Vengeance: 11 April 2021 - 07:44 AM

• The Truth is in here

That would surely be something I would put to the very end of my to-do list, especially right now when we are still looking into problems with more recent EDuke32 builds. Again, it's called EDuke32 Addon Compilation for a reason.

I've been unable to figure out how to use this addon pack for years, and I'm only just now coming to see if I can solve this finally.

Basically, adding -jaddons doesn't make Eduke32 load everything. the only thing it will ever load in is The Xmas Project and nothing else.
https://i.imgur.com/YmnxBKM.png

I've tried everything I can think of. It's definitely polling and reading the other files in the message log, but only this will ever show up.
E: I have installed the most recent version of the addon pack and now it only lists Starship Troopers TC. still polls everything else but won't list them.

This post has been edited by Carl Winslow: 20 April 2021 - 01:23 AM

@Carl, download this and this.

View PostAx 34noff, on 20 April 2021 - 08:30 AM, said:

@Carl, download this and this.

It now only shows Zombie Crisis in the list.
https://i.imgur.com/chonxg8.png

Is there a specific version of Eduke32 I should be using for this or is there a problem I'm otherwise not noticing?

May i ask if some old addons are missed or just changed name?
I've noticed a few ones are no more there, or they have just been renamed:

alienexterm
assault
cbp

cmdconquer
commbuild (maybe now renamed "community"?)
conflict
duketour
evil
fm3x (probably renamed "fm4x")
forkliftincubate (probably renamed "incubation")
inftime
invasionlastrwblongpackplugprayprequel2time (probably renamed "prequeltime")shodownsotassttc
starrshiptrp
tbnwtfctotalinf
undertaker

Obviously i tried to avoid some very obvious ones like duke10 -> duke_ten

EDIT: Before the editor mess up the way i wrote again: this is the "clean" version:

https://i.ibb.co/PrjhKm3/addons.jpg

View PostCarl Winslow, on 20 April 2021 - 12:16 AM, said:

I've been unable to figure out how to use this addon pack for years, and I'm only just now coming to see if I can solve this finally.

Basically, adding -jaddons doesn't make Eduke32 load everything. the only thing it will ever load in is The Xmas Project and nothing else.
https://i.imgur.com/YmnxBKM.png

I've tried everything I can think of. It's definitely polling and reading the other files in the message log, but only this will ever show up.
E: I have installed the most recent version of the addon pack and now it only lists Starship Troopers TC. still polls everything else but won't list them.

Is there a specific version of Eduke32 I should be using for this or is there a problem I'm otherwise not noticing?

It happened to me a pair of months ago fro some reason, try to extract the downloaded files in a clean folder, then place eduke32 and duke3d.grp (WT one works as well), then run the included "addons" batchfile (or addons_wt if you wanna give a try with WT one).

And no, it does not require a specific eduke32 revision (useless is a VERY OLD one), it runs fine with the r6927 too, the latest revision is recommended though.

This post has been edited by The Battlelord: 21 April 2021 - 02:25 AM

• The Truth is in here

I wouldn't recommend latest EDuke32 snapshots in general right now. We have found some quite severe problems which have been added in the last few years, e.g. in the Red series where you cannot throw a pipebomb through a crack any more. Before these are fixed, we are nowhere near a new compilation release.

And @Carl Winslow:
I see you are using the Plutonium Pak groupfile. That's very rare and might cause problems. Most likely that's why you don't see most of the addon entries. It is strongly recommended upgrading to Atomic Edition. For your convenience, I have attached a bsdiff/bspatch converter I quickly slapped together which you can execute in a Windows environment. Unzip the files of this archive anywhere and place your duke3d.grp from PP (CRC32: F514A6AC) in the same directory. Then execute ppatomic.bat. (I have also added a World Tour to Atomic converter from my Raze script. Use wtatomic.bat in that case.) You will end up with two files, duke3dpp.grp (which is a backup of your old file) and duke3d.grp (which is the Atomic upgrade, CRC32: FD3DCFF1).

Attached File(s)

This post has been edited by NightFright: 21 April 2021 - 02:41 AM

View PostNightFright, on 21 April 2021 - 01:50 AM, said:

And @Carl Winslow:
I see you are using the Plutonium Pak groupfile. That's very rare and might cause problems. Most likely that's why you don't see most of the addon entries. It is strongly recommended upgrading to Atomic Edition. For your convenience, I have attached a bsdiff/bspatch converter I quickly slapped together which you can execute in a Windows environment. Unzip the files of this archive anywhere and place your duke3d.grp from PP (CRC32: F514A6AC) in the same directory. Then execute ppatomic.bat. (I have also added a World Tour to Atomic converter from my Raze script. Use wtatomic.bat in that case.) You will end up with two files, duke3dpp.grp (which is a backup of your old file) and duke3d.grp (which is the Atomic upgrade, CRC32: FD3DCFF1).

Huh. I didn't even realize I had a plutonium pak grp file, I thought it was atomic edition all this time. Using the converter seems to have done the trick now, as everything is showing up in the list correctly. Thanks a ton!

• The Truth is in here

Great that this helped you with fixing your issue! Even with World Tour out there, Atomic is still the default groupfile to use. I would like to support both CRCs at the same time, but for now you need separate grpinfos for that. Duke3D v1.3D or PP shouldn't really be used by anybody these days any more, they don't give you any advantage over the other versions (1.3D even has the fourth episode missing).

• The Truth is in here

Updates:
- addons_hints.txt: Corrected and enhanced hints for "Secrets of the Acropolis"
- DaikariN: Typo fix for one display panel (tile #3674)
- Secrets of the Acropolis: Position/size fix for lever (tile #140)

Update now:
2) Download updated "acropolis.grp" and "daikarin.grp" from the repository

• The Truth is in here

Late redemption for another classic that I butchered needlessly for reasons I don't remember any more. JJ Duke Nukem 3D got its missing (XXX) art back! This does not only restore the look of the original, but also solves the problem with some missing art, e.g. in JJ309 (ep.3 secret level).

Updates:
- addons_hints.txt: Added info about "JJ Duke Nukem 3D" secret level access
- JJ Duke Nukem 3D: Missing art added

Update now:
2) Download updated "jjduke3d.grp" from the repository

BTW: I am having second thoughts about the ROR effect I applied in some maps, most importantly in "Lost Highway". I checked LOSTHW03 from EAC v4.0 Beta (ROR) in Raze and you get stuck in the underwater turbine. The older version of the same map (EAC v3.14) works fine. Is ROR even supported in Polymost? If it's not, maybe it'd be better to use the other map instead and include the ROR variant rather as some kind of bonus, not as part of the episode.

This post has been edited by NightFright: 27 April 2021 - 08:20 AM

• The Truth is in here

And two more mistakes corrected. It's amazing what you still find after all these years...

Updates:
- addons_hints.txt: Corrected info about secret level access in "Metropolitan Mayhem"
- Lost Highway: Reverted to older fix for LOSTHW03 from EAC v3.x (ROR map available as LOSTHW03_ROR, but not part of the episode), some level names adjusted

Update now:
2) Download updated "losthighway.grp" from the repository

For ages I've had the original EDuke Add-on Compilation installed in my main Duke3D folder (with Polymer HRP as well) on Windows 10 Pro (20H2) and it's worked fine with all the other 'offiical' add-on packs (Nuclear Winter, Duke Caribbean etc.) but how do I update the Ediuke32 Add-on Compilation pack with new add-ons for it as every attempt to add extra .grp files results in all the add-on files bar the payware add-ons disappearing from the EDuke startup screen.

Here's what I found by experimenting:

Adding the EAC40 add-on update removes all the Compilation Pack add-ons from Eduke menu.

I then performed a 'clean' Duke3D, Eduke32 and Add-on Compilation Pack install and all worked fine. Installing the EAC40 update removed all the Compilation files from Eduke32 menu. By deleting the EAC40 update version of the addons.grpinfo file and the EDuke32.cfg files and renaming the original addons.grpinfo file back from oldaddons.grpinfo, all the add-ons reappeared.in EDuke.

So my question is, how do I add the extra add-on .grp files that have been added to the EDuke32 Add-on Compilation Pack since the original 375mB .7Z file was released way back when?

Eduke32.log does not show anything different from when all is OK and I have the -jaddons option added in the EDuke32 shortcut AND the addons folder selected in the Custom Game Content folder.

I'm confused!

• The Truth is in here

EAC 3.x and 4.x cannot coexist. If I understand correctly, you want to mix the new addons from 4.x into 3.x. It's not supported, as simple as that. You have to erase or at least rename the "addons" folder for a fresh install. I am using a completely different system now, zipfiles instead of .grp (they are named .grp, but only for convenience - maybe it will be changed to avoid confusions). This isn't meant as an upgrade of any kind, it's a replacement.

Just so that we are in the clear: A 3.x to 4.x upgrade isn't going to happen, like ever, since it doesn't make sense. Every single addon has been changed completely. Not a single file is the same.

And you don't select the "addons" folder in custom games. That's not how this works. -jaddons already adds the folder and searches for the .grpinfo with all its associated files there.

This post has been edited by NightFright: 01 May 2021 - 03:46 PM

• The Truth is in here

A new entry for the compilation! Mostly because it's rare to happen to have new episodes these days and Aleks gave his kind permission. The only change I applied was to convert all the MIDIs to OGG with the Arachno soundfont to have consistent music quality.

Updates:
- addons_hints.txt: Additional hints for "Last Reaction", "Vacation Cove" and "WGSpace"
- "Back in Business": Episode added

Update now:
1) Get the new base pack (13.6 MB)
2) Download "business.grp" from the repository

This post has been edited by NightFright: 03 May 2021 - 02:49 AM

User is online   Lunick 

• Snazzy Ex Tazzy

View PostNightFright, on 03 May 2021 - 02:48 AM, said:

The only change I applied was to convert all the MIDIs to OGG with the Arachno soundfont to have consistent music quality.

Isn't that unnecessarily making the filesize bigger of the compilation?

User is offline   Phredreeke 

I can see why but I'd suggest making that a separate download

• The Truth is in here

You don't know which soundfont a user has installed. If it's a low-quality one, the difference will be noticable. Actually, the original groupfile with its uncompressed content has almost the exact same size as my compressed zip with the oggs, so there is no extra size added by this measure.

Anyway, if it really HAS to be 100% like the original these days, I can revert the change. Just mentioning the author was OK with this since I had informed him before uploading.

This post has been edited by NightFright: 03 May 2021 - 10:17 PM

Share this topic:

• 49 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options