Duke4.net Forums: Viewscreen cameras order - Duke4.net Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Viewscreen cameras order

User is offline   Sanek 

I'm working on a small, quest-like map right now. The map relies heavily on reading messages from the veiwscreens, which have like 5 or more cameras linked to a single screen. Each wall of text needs to be viewed in the exact order; it seems like it's a hard thing to do.
I tried to create the cameras in the right order, and then did it in the opposite order. None of it helps - the cameras work in random order.
So...how to make the cameras work in the order you want it to?

User is offline   oasiz 

• Dr. Effector

I think it was sprite number that decided the order, make sure that the sprite numbers obeys the order you want. This isn't easy to maintain :P

User is offline   Danukem 

• Duke Plus Developer

That's weird, I would have assumed it was the lotag order, not the sprite number order. That is indeed very random. You should probably not worry about the order until everything else in the map is finished, then delete the replace the cameras one more time.

User is offline   Fox 

• Fraka kaka kaka kaka-kow!

The player spawns and cameras are sorted by the higher sprite ID. The old Build editor randomized the sprite IDs when the maps were saved, so you had very limited control over it. Mapster32 however has the newest sprites with the higher ID, so you get the newer sprites being the first on the list.

I recommend that when you finish the map you replace all the sprites you want to have in a specific order. Remember that copying/deleting sectors can mess with this.

This post has been edited by Fox: 15 April 2018 - 12:23 PM

User is offline   Sanek 

I remember that the first camera in the viewscreen order is actually the last camera sprite you create. Somehow it worked this way befare, that's I remember it.

Anyway...I'll better finish everything else in the map, and return here later, in case there's still be that problem.

User is offline   LAW 

I remember it quite differently. In my Fury161r map I had three cameras. Each time I have saved a map in Build, the order was different. So I have been saving and re-saving until the desired order was achieved. True story.

User is offline   Danukem 

• Duke Plus Developer

View PostFox, on 15 April 2018 - 12:22 PM, said:

The old Build editor randomized the sprite IDs when the maps were saved

View PostLAW, on 27 April 2018 - 01:34 PM, said:

I remember it quite differently. In my Fury161r map I had three cameras. Each time I have saved a map in Build, the order was different.

How long ago was that? Maybe it was still random at that time.

User is offline   Sanek 

Okay, I think I got it.

The first camera that you'll use via the viewscreen is actually the last one that you'll make. So, all you need to do is to make the cameras in reverse order.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options