Duke4.net Forums: Alien Armageddon [RELEASE] - Duke4.net Forums

• 58 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Alien Armageddon [RELEASE]  "showcasing sebabdukeboss20 characters with some enhancements"

User is offline   Marya 

I have been killed by such a door in Duke 3d.... the little bathroom door XD.

User is offline   juvenite 

I was killed once by that rotating door next to the red key switch in Babe Land... somehow.

This post has been edited by Katrix Kytarix: 15 March 2019 - 08:26 PM

User is offline   Marya 

Pretty sure i had that happen too.

User is offline   Ninety-Six 

Build doors are funny like that.

User is offline   Mike Norvak 

• Music Producer

There should be functional fake doors that reveals a message: "Fake door" over the wall. That would be a self aware map.

User is offline   juvenite 

I used to die so many times by being squished in unexpected places when I was little that I'm now careful with nearly every door I open and tiny spaces I walk through

User is offline   Jblade 

View PostMike Norvak, on 15 March 2019 - 09:05 PM, said:

There should be functional fake doors that reveals a message: "Fake door" over the wall. That would be a self aware map.

reminds me of that door in Fallout 3 on the radar tower which opens up to reveal a solid concrete wall and 'Fuck You' spray-painted all over it. Kind of a dick move but it made me laugh :)

User is offline   Merlijn 

Haha, that reminds me: I almost added something like that to Shaky Grounds 1. One of the ATM's could be opened only to reveal a wall with "nope" written on it, to troll players looking for secrets.
It was probably a good call to scrap that. :)

I was playing vanilla Life's A Beach today and in the second map, I died by merely touching the collapsed part of an underwater vent, apparently... :)

This post has been edited by johnnythewolf: 16 March 2019 - 07:12 AM

I struggle to find the fifth secret in the secret level.

Spoiler

I cannot check using noclip as it causes the game to crash.

This post has been edited by johnnythewolf: 16 March 2019 - 07:58 AM

User is offline   Marya 

View Postjohnnythewolf, on 16 March 2019 - 07:58 AM, said:

I struggle to find the fifth secret in the secret level.

Spoiler

I cannot check using noclip as it causes the game to crash.
check the last three post

https://forums.duke4...e/page__st__900

So you do not know about the secret level's secrets? Also, it seems I cannot find the third secret in "Area 59"; I thought entering the secret level was it, but apparently no.

This post has been edited by johnnythewolf: 16 March 2019 - 10:01 AM

User is offline   Forge 

• Speaker of the Outhouse

View Postjohnnythewolf, on 16 March 2019 - 08:56 AM, said:

So you do not know about the secret level's secrets? Also, it seems I cannot find the third secret in "Area 59"; I thought entering the secret level was it, but apparently no.

if you're looking for secrets in the vanilla episodes, Caribbean, & DC - they're probably listed at the duke3d wiki

https://dukenukem.fa...i/Duke_Nukem_3D

No, I am looking for the secrets in Alien Armaggedon's levels; specifically "Red 2: Zombie Edition" and "Area 59".

User is offline   Forge 

View Postjohnnythewolf, on 16 March 2019 - 10:46 AM, said:

No, I am looking for the secrets in Alien Armaggedon's levels; specifically "Red 2: Zombie Edition" and "Area 59".

Ah,

It might help if you gave a brief description of the ones you have found in Red 2

as for area 59 -
Spoiler

This post has been edited by Forge: 16 March 2019 - 10:55 AM

Well, as I described earlier:

Spoiler

This post has been edited by johnnythewolf: 16 March 2019 - 11:18 AM

User is offline   Forge 

there are no secrets in the town hall building in red 2

I asked for a list of the ones you did find so I could help you locate the missing one.

Spoiler

This post has been edited by Forge: 16 March 2019 - 11:32 AM

Wow, that one really was not obvious! Anyway, thanks a lot!

Oh yeah, and I believe I have found a bug with the secret level; on one occasion, as I rushed to the yellow card elevator to take cover from the mine tunnel collapsing event, my AI partner somehow lowered the elevator on its own despite not having found the access card yet. I could follow it down there but without the yellow card, I could not get the elevator go up; luckily, I still had my jetpack.

This post has been edited by johnnythewolf: 16 March 2019 - 11:47 AM

User is online   Danukem 

• Duke Plus Developer

View Postjohnnythewolf, on 16 March 2019 - 11:46 AM, said:

my AI partner somehow lowered the elevator on its own despite not having found the access card yet. I could follow it down there but without the yellow card, I could not get the elevator go up; luckily, I still had my jetpack.

That's weird.

@ Forge and sebabdukeboss20: Did someone put NAV sprites in that area? The bot following navigation sprites is the one scenario in which I can see how it could have activated a locked sector.

So I finally finished New Invasion. Minor gripes aside, it was quite good and felt and looked like an official fifth Duke Nukem 3D episode!

One issue with the final cutscene, though: the first screen's text gets almost completely cut off and as such, I could only read the last line. Also, is there supposed to be any music playing during it? The whole thing was entirely silent.

This post has been edited by johnnythewolf: 16 March 2019 - 12:34 PM

User is offline   Forge 

View PostTrooper Dan, on 16 March 2019 - 12:21 PM, said:

That's weird.

@ Forge and sebabdukeboss20: Did someone put NAV sprites in that area? The bot following navigation sprites is the one scenario in which I can see how it could have activated a locked sector.

no.
i just looked and there are no nav sprites in that map.

it was probably a fluke.

This post has been edited by Forge: 16 March 2019 - 12:43 PM

User is online   Danukem 

• Duke Plus Developer

View PostForge, on 16 March 2019 - 12:39 PM, said:

no.
i just looked and there are no nav sprites in that map

Cool, then the bot was officially in crazy town -- afaik it would only have been using the "operate" command which vanilla monsters use and doesn't activate locked sectors to my knowledge.

User is offline   Marya 

View PostForge, on 16 March 2019 - 12:39 PM, said:

no.
i just looked and there are no nav sprites in that map.

it was probably a fluke.
Chalk that fluke up to Dan's awesome coding, or whoever did it for the AI...

User is online   Danukem 

• Duke Plus Developer

View PostMarya, on 16 March 2019 - 12:47 PM, said:

Chalk that fluke up to Dan's awesome coding, or whoever did it for the AI...

Bugs are not awesome, and yes I did the coding. It's very difficult to eliminate these sorts of issues, when it's something that gets reported once and has never been seen by anyone developing the mod.

User is offline   Forge 

The only thing related was the bot changing the elevator's direction of travel when they played catch-up to the player's location - but I've never seen a bot unlock anything, or activate an elevator on their own.

User is offline   minime637 

View PostForge, on 16 March 2019 - 01:21 PM, said:

The only thing related was the bot changing the elevator's direction of travel when they played catch-up to the player's location - but I've never seen a bot unlock anything, or activate an elevator on their own.

what I had the bot use the elevator while player was still in the elevator and bot catch-up to player they hit the use key to move the elevator when get in it?!?!

Speaking of bots catching up to the player's location, are we meant to abuse the Swap Character function to get past the airlocks in "Hidden Base"? By which, I mean telling the bot to stay put inside the airlock while you hit the switch outside and then swapping character once the bot gets to the other side.

User is offline   John Brown 

View Postjohnnythewolf, on 16 March 2019 - 11:46 AM, said:

Oh yeah, and I believe I have found a bug with the secret level; on one occasion, as I rushed to the yellow card elevator to take cover from the mine tunnel collapsing event, my AI partner somehow lowered the elevator on its own despite not having found the access card yet. I could follow it down there but without the yellow card, I could not get the elevator go up; luckily, I still had my jetpack.

I can verify this, I had it happen at least twice. I don't remember the exact version numbers but at least once was before the DC/Life's a Beach update dropped. Each time it happened, I just reloaded a save and the elevator didn't descend on its own.

User is online   Danukem 

• Duke Plus Developer

View Postjohnnythewolf, on 16 March 2019 - 01:51 PM, said:

Speaking of bots catching up to the player's location, are we meant to abuse the Swap Character function to get past the airlocks in "Hidden Base"? By which, I mean telling the bot to stay put inside the airlock while you hit the switch outside and then swapping character once the bot gets to the other side.

Yes, that is the intended way to do that part. It's a puzzle.

Share this topic:

• 58 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options