Duke4.net Forums: Alien Armageddon [RELEASE] - Duke4.net Forums

Jump to content

  • 52 Pages +
  • « First
  • 24
  • 25
  • 26
  • 27
  • 28
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Alien Armageddon [RELEASE]  "showcasing sebabdukeboss20 characters with some enhancements"

User is online   Mark 

  • you think those sunglasses make you look cool or somethin'

#751

Deeper Thought is a security risk giving away the codes. :D
1

User is offline   Ninety-Six 

#752

Will the new patch be supplied with the new version of eDuke with the fixed autoaim? Or is that not a factor?
0

User is offline   Forge 

  • Speaker of the Outhouse

#753

View PostNinety-Six, on 26 February 2019 - 07:18 AM, said:

Will the new patch be supplied with the new version of eDuke with the fixed autoaim? Or is that not a factor?

There are other issues with newer snapshots, besides auto-aim, that need to be addressed.

This post has been edited by Forge: 26 February 2019 - 07:28 AM

0

User is offline   Ninety-Six 

#754

View PostForge, on 26 February 2019 - 07:23 AM, said:

There are other issues with newer snapshots, besides auto-aim, that need to be addressed.

I am aware. Though, at least for me, that was one of the more prominent issues, given how wonky the hit detection can be without it. Unless AA mitigated it somehow?
0

User is offline   Marya 

#755

View PostMark, on 26 February 2019 - 07:12 AM, said:

Deeper Thought is a security risk giving away the codes. :D
what about that russian? it's very alarming that were giving launch codes to russians :P

on a side note can I just edit the Con file myself with a text editor? (or better yet notepad ++)

This post has been edited by Marya: 26 February 2019 - 10:22 AM

0

#756

ROFL, come on he just wanted a top secret nuclear launch code, he will harm just 1 planet in the universe :D

View PostMarya, on 26 February 2019 - 10:21 AM, said:

can I just edit the Con file myself with a text editor? (or better yet notepad ++)

Yup.


@Trooper Dan, fuck me when i decide to use the freezethrower again, today i've randomly used it against the first Dr. Proton form (Alien Invasion ofc), the game can't be played further as he still crushed and frozen at the same time, he remain red on the radar.
0

User is offline   Danukem 

  • Duke Plus Developer

#757

View PostThe Battlelord, on 26 February 2019 - 12:32 PM, said:

@Trooper Dan, fuck me when i decide to use the freezethrower again, today i've randomly used it against the first Dr. Proton form (Alien Invasion ofc), the game can't be played further as he still crushed and frozen at the same time, he remain red on the radar.


You can recover the game with "spawn pspider" to summon his next form. That problem was fixed about a week ago, and if you were using the test version linked in the upscale pack thread from a few days ago, it is fixed in that one.
1

User is offline   Marya 

#758

View PostTrooper Dan, on 26 February 2019 - 12:36 PM, said:

You can recover the game with "spawn pspider" to summon his next form. That problem was fixed about a week ago, and if you were using the test version linked in the upscale pack thread from a few days ago, it is fixed in that one.
before you do that i'd like to note that the railgun drop does not seem to work to refill ammo for the railgun haven't tried this with the ammo packs yet.

seems to have been a fluke.... trying it out now it works fine.

now i think i did find a bug, you can't really take advantage of this in game(without godmod) solo but if multi player came up. IF shelly dies while holding a plasma rifle the incinerator drops instead of the plasma gun...

On a side note for you guys who don't like constantly quick saving at points you die in the game, use the godmode cheat and you will come back to life, aside from getting a jetpack this pretty much revives you, just make sure to turn it off after your revived...

This post has been edited by Marya: 26 February 2019 - 07:05 PM

0

User is offline   Danukem 

  • Duke Plus Developer

#759

View PostMarya, on 26 February 2019 - 06:47 PM, said:

On a side note for you guys who don't like constantly quick saving at points you die in the game, use the godmode cheat and you will come back to life, aside from getting a jetpack this pretty much revives you, just make sure to turn it off after your revived...


In the old days, the game would not reset the player's dead flag when you did that, so monsters would treat you like a ghost and mostly ignore you.
0

User is offline   Marya 

#760

View PostTrooper Dan, on 26 February 2019 - 07:11 PM, said:

In the old days, the game would not reset the player's dead flag when you did that, so monsters would treat you like a ghost and mostly ignore you.
wouldn't know back when i first played on dos i didn't use it like that.

This post has been edited by Marya: 26 February 2019 - 07:20 PM

0

User is offline   Danukem 

  • Duke Plus Developer

#761

There will be one more update in the near future, and it will be the last public update for a long time. It is mostly ready now. The update does three things: 1) It fixes various bugs and issues that have been reported since the release of 2.02. 2) It includes as an optional feature a set of upscaled sprites for the original enemies. There will be a .bat you can use to start the game if you want to use the upscaled sprites. 3) It will include the most recent snapshot of Eduke32, because we are getting more confident in it as bugs have been getting fixed there.

So, if there are any bugs or issues that you suspect have not been fixed yet, go ahead and report them here and then I can verify their status. It's going to be a mixed bag: some things can be fixed easily and have been, some are just hard to fix and will wait, and others are engine related issues.
0

User is offline   Ninety-Six 

#762

Awesome. I've basically been waiting for the initial wave of patches to roll out before finally playing this.
0

User is offline   ---- 

#763

View PostTrooper Dan, on 27 February 2019 - 02:16 AM, said:

There will be one more update in the near future, and it will be the last public update for a long time. It is mostly ready now. The update does three things: 1) It fixes various bugs and issues that have been reported since the release of 2.02. 2) It includes as an optional feature a set of upscaled sprites for the original enemies. There will be a .bat you can use to start the game if you want to use the upscaled sprites. 3) It will include the most recent snapshot of Eduke32, because we are getting more confident in it as bugs have been getting fixed there.

So, if there are any bugs or issues that you suspect have not been fixed yet, go ahead and report them here and then I can verify their status. It's going to be a mixed bag: some things can be fixed easily and have been, some are just hard to fix and will wait, and others are engine related issues.


One thing that I would like to see "fixed", just in case it isn't yet.

Can you implement an option to have a normal crosshair for the pistol, so that those affected by the intransparent dot with the black pixels around it in some of the episodes can simply fall back to a normal crosshair?

This post has been edited by fuegerstef: 27 February 2019 - 06:34 AM

0

User is offline   F!re-Fly 

#764

A question for Trooper Dan.

Did you create all the new enemies for this mod?
0

User is offline   Danukem 

  • Duke Plus Developer

#765

View Postfuegerstef, on 27 February 2019 - 05:55 AM, said:

One thing that I would like to see "fixed", just in case it isn't yet.

Can you implement an option to have a normal crosshair for the pistol, so that those affected by the intransparent dot with the black pixels around it in some of the episodes can simply fall back to a normal crosshair?


That feature has been in since version 1.0. Open AAUSER.CON:

gamevar PISTOLDOT YES 1 // set to NO if you want Duke's pistol to have normal crosshair



View PostFirefly_Trooper, on 27 February 2019 - 09:12 AM, said:

A question for Trooper Dan.

Did you create all the new enemies for this mod?


sebabdukeboss20 created all the art for them. I then coded them.
0

User is offline   F!re-Fly 

#766

View PostTrooper Dan, on 27 February 2019 - 09:45 AM, said:

That feature has been in since version 1.0. Open AAUSER.CON:

gamevar PISTOLDOT YES 1 // set to NO if you want Duke's pistol to have normal crosshair





sebabdukeboss20 created all the art for them. I then coded them.


Awesome! I played a little Armageddon and frankly, the enemies are cool.

This mod, as well as your tutorial on the coding of enemies helped me a lot.
0

User is offline   Perro Seco 

#767

I decided to take a look at this mod because it looks very good, but right in the beginning I found a bug. I always play with the complete HUD, which means that screen_size = 8, but this way, the crosshair seems to point lower than normal, so it's difficult to aim:

Spoiler

And lastly, I am one of the few who still use the arrows for movement and comma-period to strafe, which means that I can't command the other character only with the arrows, I also have to strafe. Is not a big problem, but wouldn't be easy to include the code to the turnleft/right events too?
0

User is offline   Danukem 

  • Duke Plus Developer

#768

Oddly, I can't get the episode selection cutuff bug to happen on my end, no matter what screen size I select. I can replicate the crosshair height bug, though. The truth is, I'm not interested in supporting that screen size because it only exists for the giant status bar with ammo amounts on the bottom of the screen, which is obsolete. There is already a weapon switching display that pops up and can show all the info you need -- I can augment it if necessary. So my preferred solution to these bugs is simply to prevent the player from accessing the buggy screen size, which I can easily do.

EDIT: I should add, in case you think I'm being dickish -- there's no way I can make the ammo amounts displayed on the giant status bar be accurate any more, due to the fact that I have hacked in several subweapons, and the ammo amount shuffling that goes on to make that possible. I just assumed that no one would want to use it, so I left it in.

This post has been edited by Trooper Dan: 27 February 2019 - 01:08 PM

2

User is offline   Darkus 

#769

For now, the only big issue I have is the pistol laser dot flickering mentioned above (especially in Carribean vacation episode), but not really game-breaking however. Now waiting the update so I can do a full playthrough of this dream mod. I have some questions:

- Love the new sprites, are they free to use in our mods?

- Any chance to have Bombshell in bikini in Carribean vacation episode? (also the kick sprites for Duke wearing sandals)

- It would be cool if you could make your partner heal you when you're dead. I find a bit frustrating that your partner stand still, doing nothing.
0

User is offline   Danukem 

  • Duke Plus Developer

#770

View PostDarkus, on 27 February 2019 - 02:41 PM, said:

- Love the new sprites, are they free to use in our mods?


I will defer to sebabdukeboss20 on that question, since he made the sprites. I do remember him posting a lot of the early sprite sheets in the community assets thread, so obviously those are fair game.

View PostDarkus, on 27 February 2019 - 02:41 PM, said:

- Any chance to have Bombshell in bikini in Carribean vacation episode? (also the kick sprites for Duke wearing sandals)


Adding additional costume changes and kick sprites isn't especially difficult at this point, since the code is already there, it's just a little tedious to do. So, sure, if sebab wants to make the sprites, I would code them in. It wouldn't necessarily happen soon, though, since there are other priorities.

View PostDarkus, on 27 February 2019 - 02:41 PM, said:

- It would be cool if you could make your partner heal you when you're dead. I find a bit frustrating that your partner stand still, doing nothing.


That sounds reasonable, although I will have to think about the wider implications first. It doesn't sound like something that would easily be exploitable. After all, if you were in a boss fight then the AI partner would most likely be killed before they could revive you, so it wouldn't help much. Most likely it would just help in cases where, as you say, the AI is just standing around.
0

User is offline   Marya 

#771

View PostTrooper Dan, on 27 February 2019 - 03:45 PM, said:

I will defer to sebabdukeboss20 on that question, since he made the sprites. I do remember him posting a lot of the early sprite sheets in the community assets thread, so obviously those are fair game.



Adding additional costume changes and kick sprites isn't especially difficult at this point, since the code is already there, it's just a little tedious to do. So, sure, if sebab wants to make the sprites, I would code them in. It wouldn't necessarily happen soon, though, since there are other priorities.



That sounds reasonable, although I will have to think about the wider implications first. It doesn't sound like something that would easily be exploitable. After all, if you were in a boss fight then the AI partner would most likely be killed before they could revive you, so it wouldn't help much. Most likely it would just help in cases where, as you say, the AI is just standing around.
did you see the bug i posted befoer about when playing as solo shelly or duke Shelly spawns an incenerator, and duke spawns a freezer if she/he dies holding a plasma gun? I doubt this is a major issue as this would only come into effect in multiplayer or using the godmode cheat.... it might have something to do with the ammo displaying the wrong ammo while using a plasma gun... if I find anything else i will try to let you know ASAP, but i've been playing AA off and on along with other games....

This post has been edited by Marya: 27 February 2019 - 04:06 PM

0

User is offline   Danukem 

  • Duke Plus Developer

#772

View PostMarya, on 27 February 2019 - 03:53 PM, said:

did you see about the shelly dieing bug where she'd drop an incinerator if she dies holding a plasma gun? I doubt this is a major issue as this would only come into effect in multiplayer or using the godmode cheat.... it might have something to do with the ammo displaying the wrong ammo while using a plasma gun... if I find anyhthing else i will try to let you know ASAP, but i've been playing AA off and on along with other games....


There's a thousand things like that which will need to be fixed or changed when we have actual working multiplayer. Believe me, the wrong weapon sprite dropping will be the least of our concerns. By the way, that happens because the weapon dropped is hardcoded based on the weapon being held -- as far as the game is concerned, you are holding a freezer since that is the slot 10 weapon.
0

User is offline   Marya 

#773

View PostTrooper Dan, on 27 February 2019 - 04:00 PM, said:

There's a thousand things like that which will need to be fixed or changed when we have actual working multiplayer. Believe me, the wrong weapon sprite dropping will be the least of our concerns. By the way, that happens because the weapon dropped is hardcoded based on the weapon being held -- as far as the game is concerned, you are holding a freezer since that is the slot 10 weapon.
That's what i thought ,but currently it's the only thing i see that can be exploited right now in single player and even then only using the godmode cheat
0

User is offline   Forge 

  • Speaker of the Outhouse

#774

View PostTrooper Dan, on 27 February 2019 - 03:45 PM, said:

That sounds reasonable, although I will have to think about the wider implications first. It doesn't sound like something that would easily be exploitable.

Wait here behind this wall and keep your 100% health while i go fight a boss - If I die, then I get another character with 100% health.
0

User is offline   Danukem 

  • Duke Plus Developer

#775

View PostForge, on 27 February 2019 - 05:08 PM, said:

Wait here behind this wall and keep your 100% health while i go fight a boss - If I die, then I get another character with 100% health.


Not really. If you have set the bot to wait, then either they will either keep waiting and not revive you, or they will have to abort their wait and come out into the danger zone to revive you. In either case, it would cost something, just as it costs the player 20 health or 20 medkit to revive the bot. There's various gameplay mechanics that could be used, too. For example, there could be a timer so the bot could do it only once in a while, or that could be a earnable revive token that the player has to possess.
0

User is offline   Forge 

  • Speaker of the Outhouse

#776

View PostTrooper Dan, on 27 February 2019 - 05:20 PM, said:

Not really. If you have set the bot to wait, then either they will either keep waiting and not revive you, or they will have to abort their wait and come out into the danger zone to revive you. In either case, it would cost something, just as it costs the player 20 health or 20 medkit to revive the bot. There's various gameplay mechanics that could be used, too. For example, there could be a timer so the bot could do it only once in a while, or that could be a earnable revive token that the player has to possess.

situation dictates.
having no medikit, then a hotswap can net you 80 hp in a best-case scenario
0

User is offline   Danukem 

  • Duke Plus Developer

#777

I'm not sure what you mean. Switching characters doesn't switch health amounts. So if I have 20 health and my bot has 80, when I switch I will still have 20, even though I'm now the other character.
0

User is offline   Forge 

  • Speaker of the Outhouse

#778

View PostTrooper Dan, on 27 February 2019 - 05:30 PM, said:

I'm not sure what you mean. Switching characters doesn't switch health amounts. So if I have 20 health and my bot has 80, when I switch I will still have 20, even though I'm now the other character.

good point.
best to go sit behind the wall and nurse the 20 hp while the bot loses its 80 in some gruesome fashion.

This post has been edited by Forge: 27 February 2019 - 05:32 PM

0

User is offline   Danukem 

  • Duke Plus Developer

#779

The truth is, I doubt that any exploit involving character switching / reviving would be more effective than good old fashioned save scumming. :lol:
1

#780

View PostDarkus, on 27 February 2019 - 02:41 PM, said:

- Love the new sprites, are they free to use in our mods?


That's a question I can't fully answer yet. The new enemies that I made that I posted in my own forum (check my signature for "My Custom Sprites") are fair game. In game art and all the easter eggs I made, I'm not so keen on them being seen in random mods I don't approve yet.

This post has been edited by sebabdukeboss20: 27 February 2019 - 07:08 PM

0

Share this topic:


  • 52 Pages +
  • « First
  • 24
  • 25
  • 26
  • 27
  • 28
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic


All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password


Sign in options