Duke4.net Forums: Anyone interested in an album? - Duke4.net Forums

• 5 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Anyone interested in an album?

User is offline   Malgon 

I just purchased one of the signed CDs. Very much looking forward to it!

User is online   NightFright 

• The Truth is in here

If I saw correctly, the CD was already shipped on purchase day. Another proof for Lee's awesomeness. Wish you all the best for your operation, pal!

User is offline   Lee Jackson 

• Composer

View PostHendricks266, on 26 March 2018 - 02:28 PM, said:

To make a long story short, TerminX and I have worked with 3DR to look through portions of data from old development hard drives and backups. Some old prototype builds of various games naturally have WIP music in them, and I recognized Beehive from what I've heard.

Well, if you want to hear how it turned out, wake up at 5am EDT / 2am PDT and listen to the premiere of Beehive on Jake "The Voice" Parr's "The Cyber Den," part of Siren Radio Online from Lincoln, UK. Here's the link for the station:

http://www.sirenonline.co.uk/

Click on the "Listen" button in the upper right corner of the page to hear their broadcast. Jake says they'll play another track from the album in the second hour of his show.

• Composer

We're down to the last CD!!! Thanks to any and all who've bought copies so far. If you've been on the fence about it, now's your time! Once this is gone, there will never be another made!

• The Truth is in here

And they are all gone. Congrats, Lee! And thank you so much for this amazing special offer. It's rare to get an opportunity like this. Surely a purchase for a good cause and worth every cent!

• Composer

View PostNightFright, on 29 March 2018 - 09:31 AM, said:

And they are all gone. Congrats, Lee! And thank you so much for this amazing special offer. It's rare to get an opportunity like this. Surely a purchase for a good cause and worth every cent!

Indeed. Thank you to everyone who bought one!

To everyone else, there's still a chance, starting tomorrow morning (Friday), as the regular unsigned physical CDs go on sale at the CD Baby store. Once the link goes live, I'll post it here.

User is offline   Lunick 

Looks like the album is almost ready to be released :P
Posted Image

I can't find it on CDBaby but it is live on Amazon https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07BMRDR2B/

And Spotify: https://open.spotify...mN9htJ5D6xGQzCl

iTunes: https://itunes.apple...ions/1362362915

User is offline   NNC 

I'm wondering these new soundtracks will appear on some future levels for Duke...

User is offline   Lunick 

View PostNancsi, on 29 March 2018 - 10:03 PM, said:

I'm wondering these new soundtracks will appear on some future levels for Duke...

Wishful thinking :P

User is offline   NNC 

View PostLunick, on 29 March 2018 - 10:11 PM, said:

Wishful thinking :P

I've listened the short samples, and even these are amazing. From the old tunes, Bullet Dam, Dukelinka and Bridge Out are my most favourites, but I think I will love these new ones as well.

In my pathetic wishful thinking Beehive will be used for a new opening level which takes place in a hidden european HQ or some kind of hub level.
Fish Waltz sounds amazing so far, I can easily see a swiss alps or Vienna themed level with this. Spicewood sample is not really telling, but I guess it would be a great fit for a nature themed level in Yosemite National Park or Niagara Falls or something like that. :lol:

User is offline   Lunick 

Listening to the interview, Fish Waltz was supposed to be E5L5 but Levelord thought the song shouldn't belong in a game ever :P

User is offline   NNC 

View PostLunick, on 29 March 2018 - 10:24 PM, said:

Listening to the interview, Fish Waltz was supposed to be E5L5 but Levelord thought the song shouldn't belong in a game ever :P

Definitely not for a city level. More like some swiss alp theme, or just an inlevel score like the barmusic.

User is offline   Zaxx 

• Banned

It's available on Google Play too, that's where I picked up a copy. Sounds good! :P

User is offline   MrFlibble 

Congratulations on releasing the album!!! The music is awesome as usual. Thanks! :P

• Composer

The album is out, in both physical CD and digital formats! My blog has some of the details:

https://dleejackson....-now-available/

Only CD Baby has the physical CD format. I'll post a more permanent link once their database has processed it and lets me generate it.

As for Fish Waltz, I asked Levelord for suggestions of any kind on music for his level. He kept refusing, saying he knew nothing about music (yeah, right - no one knows *nothing* about music). He finally just said, "Give me French Bistro music," or words to that effect. I saw that as a case of "be careful what you ask for" and went totally in on the theme. That's when he came back with his, "My God, this is terrible!" comment. That finally prompted him to give me some better ideas as to what he wanted. :P

Spicewood is one of the few pieces I've written completely without any game scenario in mind. I set out to write an ambient work and just played with it, digging through my Kawai K5000R for sounds (the bird/nature sounds are randomly generated by the patch I used - I had no control over their placing). Add several attempts at getting the right drum track going, lay down a pad base, and put in some cross talk between a jazz guitar and an electric piano, and boom! Sounds easy, but it really wasn't. It did come quickly, though, and a beta listener gave me the idea to make it a tribute to someone. I chose my late grandparents, especially because I had to miss my grandmother's funeral a few months ago due to a hospital appointment. I don't expect it to appear in a game level, ever.

User is offline   Lunick 

Purchased! When it initially went up I was getting errors at checkout but I was finally able to buy now.

• Composer

View PostLunick, on 30 March 2018 - 01:32 PM, said:

Purchased! When it initially went up I was getting errors at checkout but I was finally able to buy now.

Wonderful - thank you!

It looks like the link I gave you earlier is the permanent link. However, if you want to go to my blog at https://dleejackson.lbjackson.com and look at the right side, you'll see a "buy now" graphic link that'll take you straight to CD Baby so you can buy either the CD or the MP3s.

User is offline   OpenMaw 

• Judge Mental

Soon as I have some expendable income i'll be sure to buy my copy, sir. :P

• Composer

I seem to have picked a bad day for my rollout. All but one of my CDs sold yesterday at CD Baby, and they're requesting a restock. To do that, I'm going to have to contact them and Disc Makers for reprints of new stock, and they're both closed over the weekend.

If you try to buy a CD and are told they're out of stock, please be patient. I'll be working behind the scenes to get more stock in the warehouse ASAP.

Thank you for your amazing support!

• Composer

I'm not believing this.

CD Baby ran out of stock of the Calibrations CDs on April Fools' Day. I've talked to them and to Disc Makers, and it seems like they'll be restocked on Friday the 13th.

What did I do to deserve this?

• The Truth is in here

Well, being sold out is not a sign of bad luck as far as I know... :P But I think you are right. You deserve more. More sold copies. And it's gonna happen! ^^

This post has been edited by NightFright: 02 April 2018 - 09:31 AM

User is offline   Hank 

Hello Mr. Lee!
The Album arrived, signed and everything.

Many Thanks - I have a collector's item now from a legend.

p.s.
Got no Smart Phone, so no pictures, thus words will have to do.

All the best, here is hoping for more music from your brand of genius.

This post has been edited by Hank: 09 April 2018 - 07:08 AM

• Composer

View PostHank, on 09 April 2018 - 07:07 AM, said:

Hello Mr. Lee!
The Album arrived, signed and everything.

Many Thanks - I have a collector's item now from a legend.

p.s.
Got no Smart Phone, so no pictures, thus words will have to do.

All the best, here is hoping for more music from your brand of genius.

I'm glad it arrived in one piece! Thank you for letting me know it made it there.

I'm showing that 4 of the 10 discs are still en route - one to Germany (stuck in Customs), two to Australia, and one to Sweden. Please let me know when yours arrives!

User is offline   Lunick 

I didn't pickup a Collector's Copy but mine is in Australia somewhere
Posted Image

• Composer

Disc Makers tells me that they have shipped new stock of the Calibrations CDs to CD Baby today. The tracking number they gave me is showing up on UPS's tracking system as en route to CD Baby in Portland, Oregon, with an estimated arrival date of April 16th. They'll go on sale shortly after arrival.

I'm not happy with Disc Makers' restock speed, so I've ordered stock that I'll keep here at my house and ship the second that CD Baby says they're out. No more prolonged delays like this in the futureā€”I'll do my best to prevent them.

• The Truth is in here

I think I am going to receive a letter to pick up the CD from the customs. I know the drill well enough already. They are going to ask for a bill and then I am going to pay my 19% import tax on top of the total price. It's not like I am complaining or something. But patience is needed. :P

User is offline   Malgon 

It looks like mine is here in Australia. Now to see how long it takes to get here with our slow postage system.

User is offline   Lunick 

Looks like I didn't have to wait too long after all :P
Posted Image

• Composer

CD Baby is scheduled to receive a UPS shipment of discs on Monday (tomorrow 4/16). I can't guarantee that they'll get them entered into their system on the same day, but remember - you can use the "Waiting List" feature to order before they do. Please buy one, and thank you for your support!

User is offline   Malgon 

I meant to post that my copy of the signed CD arrived safely last Thursday, Lee. It seemed to be quicker to get through our postal system than I first thought!

Share this topic:

• 5 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options