Duke4.net Forums: Anyone interested in an album? - Duke4.net Forums

Hide message Show message
Welcome to the Duke4.net Forums!

Register an account now to get access to all board features. After you've registered and logged in, you'll be able to create topics, post replies, send and receive private messages, disable the viewing of ads and more!

• 4 Pages +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Anyone interested in an album?

User is offline   Lee Jackson 

• Composer

The regular Calibrations CDs are finally back in stock at CD Baby!

https://store.cdbaby.../cd/leejackson1

Still $12.99 for a disc, or $9.99 for a digital download!

==
Lee Jackson
Garland, TX

This post has been edited by Lee Jackson: 16 April 2018 - 05:01 PM

User is offline   Malgon 

I had a chance to listen to this a couple of times last night (and also listening to it right now!), and I have to say well done, Lee! I thought the interview was quite interesting and gave a good perspective on why you named the album Calibrations, which makes quite a bit of sense. Beehive is a good opener and sure to be a favourite of many, and I also have to mention Spicewood too. It's just such a pleasant track and so easy to listen to, and I think you achieved what you set out to do. I must have played it for a good half an hour or so, it just worked that much for me. I also did like Pluck You, Part One as it reminded me of some of the moodier stuff from DN3D. Great stuff all around and I wish you the best of success with this album, and I hope that we have more to look forward to from you in the future! :)

Most anticipated games: Ion Maiden, Beyond Good and Evil 2, Cyberpunk 2077

User is offline   Lee Jackson 

• Composer

View PostMalgon, on 17 April 2018 - 02:50 AM, said:

I had a chance to listen to this a couple of times last night (and also listening to it right now!), and I have to say well done, Lee! I thought the interview was quite interesting and gave a good perspective on why you named the album Calibrations, which makes quite a bit of sense. Beehive is a good opener and sure to be a favourite of many, and I also have to mention Spicewood too. It's just such a pleasant track and so easy to listen to, and I think you achieved what you set out to do. I must have played it for a good half an hour or so, it just worked that much for me. I also did like Pluck You, Part One as it reminded me of some of the moodier stuff from DN3D. Great stuff all around and I wish you the best of success with this album, and I hope that we have more to look forward to from you in the future! :)

Thank you for the terrific review! I'm surprised that people are listening to the interview—I'm a terrible interviewee, IMHO. However, I'm extremely glad you enjoyed Spicewood. That song was a pouring out of emotions, and the fact that you listened to it for so long means a lot to me.

==
Lee Jackson
Garland, TX

User is offline   Malgon 

You're welcome for the review! And thank you. :)

P.s. I thought you spoke quite well in the interview!

Most anticipated games: Ion Maiden, Beyond Good and Evil 2, Cyberpunk 2077

User is offline   NightFright 

• The Truth is in here

My CD arrived two days ago. Picked it up yesterday at the post office. Luckily, info about the item was provided so I didn't have to go to the customs to open the box for them there. :)

Thanks a lot for this beautiful piece, Lee! It's gonna get a special place in my CD collection!

Attached thumbnail(s)

• Attached Image: calibrations.jpg

Share this topic:

• 4 Pages +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks are property of their respective owners. Instead of reading this text, you could be playing Ion Maiden! ;) © 2018 Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options