Duke4.net Forums: [RELEASE] Duke Nukem: Total Meltdown TC - v1.0 - Duke4.net Forums

• 7 Pages +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

[RELEASE] Duke Nukem: Total Meltdown TC - v1.0

User is offline   Forge 

• Speaker of the Outhouse

View Postnukemania, on 02 April 2018 - 07:01 PM, said:

Where is that spot, if you happen to know?
I'm not big on this type of secret (though it doesn't count as a secret). It reminds me of the bar secret in Duke Royale.

Spoiler

User is offline   nukemania 

Thanks for that. At least the trigger is still within the maze area.

Sorry for bumping it any chance of it being coopable still in Megaton?

User is offline   Fox 

• Fraka kaka kaka kaka-kow!

I should have made a DOS-compatible GRP, but I have been procrastinating...

User is offline   Phredreeke 

I got sick of Polymost skies, so I edited Fox's skyboxes to match the colors used in Total Meltdown

https://imgur.com/a/eSHG3rP

https://files.fm/f/ytjycaff

User is offline   failbasket 

I'd never heard of this TC until lately, didn't even know there was a PS1 release with a different episode.

I looked for a good secrets FAQ online and found nothing. I found quite a few videos showing the playthroughs and secrets, but so many low-fps videos hurt my eyes. Finally, though, I wrote up a full Plug N Pray secrets FAQ. Tried to upload it to GameFAQs, file wouldn't take, so I put it up in their formatted editor. It's not showing yet, but I'll attach it here.

Attached File(s)

User is offline   Mav3r1ck 

So I have a question about the cyberkeef and it's odd behavior.

I know that the Cyberkeep itself will jump up and down rapidly when firing it's chaingun or the morter. I know that it's due to the sprite X and Y offsets. That being said, is it suppose to behave that way intentionally? or was this due to bed offset coding?

User is offline   Fox 

It is bad offsets. The same happens to the Battlelord only in E4L5 and E4L7 levels (the TC doesn't have per-level offsets, so they are fixed).

Thought so, I know the Cyberkeef is a reference to Flavor Flav and thought that it's firing offsets were also a reference. BTW, you wouldn't happen to have the correct offsets available would you?

I have been modding duke 3d to have Plug'n Pray additions in my spare time and have recently added the Cyberkeef. So that's why I asked.

User is offline   NNC 

I love Nightmare Zone. It is one of my top 10 favourite non-Blum level.

This post has been edited by The Watchtower: 03 October 2019 - 11:05 AM

User is offline   Fox 

The offsets in the mod are what have ever existed.

Hmm, I guess I'll do the offsets myself then which shouldn't be any problem. Is there a way to get the TM's palette as a DAT? or a way to convert it into a DAT?

There's no single palette for Total Meltdown. Each sprite has its own palette (usually 16 or 64 colors)

There is a fallback palette used for the software renderer, it looks like the regular Duke3D palette except the magenta fullbright and transparency colors are black.

User is offline   oasiz 

• Dr. Effector

I think the EP4 (new EP) textures have their own custom palette as well that goes to 256c, I can't remember specifics but I remember It being much higher than other textures.

I got the stuff coded in and added to an art file so it works but the colors are off. I noticed this to in the TM MOD.

that's the thing, if you add it to an ART file it is limited to the Duke3D palette. if you want to load them with the correct colors you have to load as texture in def file.

I see, so the textures and sprites are using the Duke 3D palette. Well, it doesn't look bad anyway.

User is offline   pontifex91 

I am trying to get Total Meltdown for a cooperative using EDuke32-OldMP, but in this port apparently some scripts are not processed. For example, on the Gates Motel (E4L3) map, some enemies do not move. I tried to run with the regular version of EDuke32, the scripts work there, but this either leads to random crashes, an invisible partner and the lack of damage of the partner. Depending on the build, I get various problems and cannot find the best build.

Any ideas how to get Total Meltdown to work in a co-op? Maybe need change something in EDuke32-OldMP, or would recommend a stable build with a regular version of EDuke32?

It won't, the TC uses functionality not present in OldMP. There was someone else who recreated the PnP levels though, perhaps those versions will run on OldMP.

User is offline   Fox 

View Postpontifex91, on 22 October 2019 - 03:52 PM, said:

I am trying to get Total Meltdown for a cooperative using EDuke32-OldMP, but in this port apparently some scripts are not processed. For example, on the Gates Motel (E4L3) map, some enemies do not move. I tried to run with the regular version of EDuke32, the scripts work there, but this either leads to random crashes, an invisible partner and the lack of damage of the partner. Depending on the build, I get various problems and cannot find the best build.

Any ideas how to get Total Meltdown to work in a co-op? Maybe need change something in EDuke32-OldMP, or would recommend a stable build with a regular version of EDuke32?

Try running the game with only the new game.con?

User is offline   NightFright 

• The Truth is in here

Sorry for the bump, but I am playing this now with latest r9253 and noticed that
1) music files are only playing once per level without looping. Is that intended?
2) fires are often "frozen" for 1-2 seconds when looking at them before they start with their animation. Can already be observed with the burning container on the streets of E1L1.
3) game.con also seems to have an incorrectly defined actor (WATERBUBBLEMAKER) in line 887:
actor 662 0 0 8

Due to this (probably harmless) warning in the log:
cons/game.con: In actor `662':
cons/game.con:887: warning: expected a move, found a constant.

If it's the same as in the original game.con, I guess the correct line would have to be
actor 662 0 0 randomangle

4) Battlelord Sentries are super small at first, then grow to full Battlelord size (too tall). When shrinking them, they just shrink a little (probably to the size they were supposed to have in the first place).

This post has been edited by NightFright: 07 September 2020 - 04:03 AM

User is offline   Fox 

I have to look into the music.

The rest is from the original.

• The Truth is in here

Fair enough, fixing bugs wasn't the point of the project. I guess this covers a small dark square on top of the HUD shrinker as well?

User is offline   Fox 

Yeah, the misaligned Shrinker too.

• The Truth is in here

Interesting how you pulled that off. The sprites you used didn't seem to have that glitch. Anyway, the music playback issue is probably related to some change in EDuke32 since the last two years. I will experiment with different snapshots again tomorrow to see if it makes a difference.

Tausendmal Dank for the mod, I find this version of Duke 3D absolutely beautiful with its grittiness and different colouring. On PS the framerate was about 2 or 3 at most, so playing was just impossible - but even after more than 10 years I still recalled some of those trip mine traps from Nightmare Zone.

Share this topic:

• 7 Pages +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options